Why kill newbies?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

jkruuse

Why kill newbies?

Post by jkruuse »

Out of curiosity, is it accepted behavior for established characters to hunt down and slay newbies? I'm wondering because appearently Sean-San (human) decided to kill me following a weird but seemingly harmless "game". He started chasing me and according to him and his dwarf friend G-something, he would stop if I said "dizzy". So I did, but he kept on hitting me.

He is the first antisocial character I've met in the game, and I'm wondering whether his behavior (obviously sociopathic) is found in lots of characters? If so this is definately not the game for me. I have met awfully kind and friendly characters and have helped one guy who knew even less than I, but I'd hate to be stalked by madmen every so often.

Cheers,
Wrarrl
Pearlfox

Why kill newbies?

Post by Pearlfox »

Dearest Wrarrl,
That's a very good question! Like it says in the login message, I think a character has to have a *reason* for killing. (Of course, the reason is never really good enough for those who are killed.) I've been here a few while now, and I've yet to meet anyone like that. Usually, if someone is behaving horribly, you can find a gang of established players in town that are up and willing for a fight. Most of the players here are wonderful, generous people, and it's them that it's best to focus on, I find. Otherwise, it becomes *really* annoying! :)

Hope that helped in some way!
Pearlfox
Galin

Why kill newbies?

Post by Galin »

Hmm well i do not know what happened sean-san played dizzy with me and never attacked me.
jkruuse

Why kill newbies?

Post by jkruuse »

Dear miss Pearlfox, (It is "miss" isn't it?) ;-)

You are quite right about motives for killing. Unfortunately, most killers confuse "evil" with "pathetic", and thus in their attempt to appear to be minons of the dark side they  come across as bullies or thugs. Sad, actually, that people cannot get enjoyment without causing distress.

Powerful friends are nice to have but I get this image of being in a maximum security prison with various gangs and individual characters with a mean streak 1.609 km wide. Do I really have to stick close to my friends at all times in order to play? I have tried doing things slowly and leisurely. I have mined, tailored, done black- and goldsmithing, smoking, and other persuits in an attempt to get a feel for the game and never asked for handouts. Advice yes, stuff no. :-)

And so when I finally felt ready to venture a bit outside of town, my second visit to the zombies North of town resulted in having to run for my life. And when I logged off to escape, well, he was there when I returned 10 mins. later he was still in the killing business.

I will try staying in Illarion a while longer, but have been very close to calling it quits. I don't need being hounded by madmen in my life.

Gylyn,

That was you with him, right? Could you please tell him to eat his little red pills?
And if it were a game, why didn't he stop, when I said dizzy? (You were not in sight at the time, though I could hear you shouting). I'm not blaming you directly for the unfortunate incident, but would advice you to seek different company as it could reflect badly upon your own honor to stick with Sean-san.

Does he know that "-san" means honorable? Thought not. :-(

Cheers,
Wrarrl
Galin

Why kill newbies?

Post by Galin »

sean-san isn't evil exactly he is more chaotic neutral which fits with his slightly insane personality.
jkruuse

Why kill newbies?

Post by jkruuse »

Ah I see, Gylyn,

Do you know what would please him in such a way as to cause him to forgive me my inadvertent transgression?

Yours,
Wrarrl
Galin

Why kill newbies?

Post by Galin »

I suggest staying away or if he is chasing you get help from someone who can paralyze him (hmm who could that be ;)).
Pearlfox

Why kill newbies?

Post by Pearlfox »

Hehee... Yes, it is miss! I hope you remain in the game for awhile! (Although I can see how you'd be tempted otherwise with such a bad experience.) The comparison of Illarion to prison was stark, bitter, and wonderfully, deliriously on-target. (I will not tell a lie, there was giggling when I read it.) Hope we get a chance to meet in the game!
Caranthir the great

Why kill newbies?

Post by Caranthir the great »

...gylyn... , or get someone who can kill him ;)
and yes...i have played dizzy with him too , once ;)
and he didnt attack me... hehe...thats because im old'n scary , rigth?
Galin

Why kill newbies?

Post by Galin »

I am much scarier Caranthir for one thing he knows that all his guild together couldn't kill me hehe but also it's my face *makes a horrible face*
Caranthir the great

Why kill newbies?

Post by Caranthir the great »

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

lol ;)
Insanity

Why kill newbies?

Post by Insanity »

buahahahhahaha...

even I killed sean once...and lol...im 9100+ player..

hihihihhi

u really think that  im harmless fool/ artist/insane?
BUaHAhHAhAHhahAHHahHAh.....we shall see...we shall see...

CHAOS!
NARGUN BE PRAISED!
Damien

Why kill newbies?

Post by Damien »

Oh, Hamilcar. You are a Nargun Priest ? So did you read those two Books of the old crazed Nargun Prophet : The "Very Sacred Book of MOO" and The "Totally Unbelievable Stuff of BOO" ? I don't have them at the library, it is hard to get them these days.
Leif

Why kill newbies?

Post by Leif »

the nargun religion is the strangest iwe seen...
but it makes sense even if its strange... and i dont know why...
( i havent read any books.... only a few scriptures)
Captain Kirk

Why kill newbies?

Post by Captain Kirk »

Hallo

i hope u know what OT means so if you want talk about nargùn so do it at the proper board(s) and  topic
thx

Bye
Read ya
MfG

Capt. Kirk
Dragon Blaze

Why kill newbies?

Post by Dragon Blaze »

Sean-san is quite strange, he kept hitting me after I told him to stop.
I misstyped and said, "Top it" and he kept following me and htting me.
Fortunatly he was weak enough that he could only hurt me when
I wear absolutely nothing. I killed him in one hit =)
So, just paralyze or beat him silly, that will work.
As for PK's that attack newbies, those are the cowards.
Never worry about those, worry about the ones that attack
people 5000 and down and have a number 6000 or lower.
I normally preotect the village but I am not on as much as some...
Try to keep your guard up and make better equipment.
Heck, we can even go on a swordfighting match if you want to.
Or Warhammer fight... heh heh heh...
Galin

Why kill newbies?

Post by Galin »

Gylyn has a simple way to stop pks! Step 1. Get a friendly mage (like me!) if you are not a mage. Step 2. Have the mage paralyze the freak while you slap him with fishies! if you do not have  a fishing rod get one from a friendly person (like me!). Step 3. Stop when he starts screaming and saying have all my money *winks*
korn muphin two

Why kill newbies?

Post by korn muphin two »

Ahh yes old sean-san i think he started taking things after i told
him about the future incident so he could have one.
     -P.S IT WAS A REAL HAPPENING!
Roke

Why kill newbies?

Post by Roke »

Sean-San is mean sometimes but, if you get to know him and maybe don't play is petty little games he may respect you
Lord Chaos

Why kill newbies?

Post by Lord Chaos »

Maybe he is the one killing all the newbies...
KillerX

Why kill newbies?

Post by KillerX »

for every idiot that is borned in this world, there shell be a wise one...  I hope there will be five wise ones to replace what Sean had done...
Lord Chaos

Why kill newbies?

Post by Lord Chaos »

Well...  ;)