Shift + Insert

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

HolyKnight

Shift + Insert

Post by HolyKnight »

This will be my n00b helping guide so I do not have to type this every time a new player comes ig. Basic knowledge.

to show emotions type the following #me smiles

do not use lingo that is not related to a medieval setting no lols or smilies be the character and role play

do not attack people without role playing first you must allow the person to know what is about to come

press insert to change the voice of your character there is normal, whisper, yell, and out of character

all things that a medieval character would not say or if you need help understanding something you should use ooc or (())

to open your bag all you have to do is go to the right side of the screen and go to the brown bag, left click and open

to pick up an item just left click the item and hold then drag it to an open black area

To change the number of things you can pick up you must use the counter it is at the bottom of the screen a number from 1-250

there are two ways to change the counter. press home key to set to 1, press end to set it to 250 or pg up and pg down to change.

second way is to take your mouse under the counter number, left click and drag and it will change the counter as well
Irania

Post by Irania »

I just realized like...two days ago that shift + insert pastes text from any other screen you've copied from.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

ooc means out of character, RP means roleplay, char is your character

F1 is a manual of the game, there is also a link on the front page to the wiki that would give you a lot of information.

you can learn to fight by going to the pig pen to kill the pigs.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Irania wrote:I just realized like...two days ago that shift + insert pastes text from any other screen you've copied from.
It's in the manual :P .

But anyway, I found out quite a lot of stuff yesterday to do with keyboards.

Here's a nice one for people who want accents on a UK computer:

shift + ctrl + ‘ then release press letter = ã
ctrl + , then release and press letter = ç
ctrl + ' then release and press letter = à
shift + ctrl + 6 then release and press letter = â
ctrl + ; then release and press letter = ä
alt gr + letter = á

I'm not sure if these work ig; they don't work on the forum, except alt gr. They work on msn and word. I also am yet to work out the Beta thingies that replace "ss" in German.

Then you can use shift ctrl and esc instead of ctrl alt and del :O .
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

A little hint on RP atmosphere: Don't be too lazy to use full sentences when talking with traders.
Some of the players I admire most even had entire conversations with NPCs, even though these never said anything but theis standard lines.
Noradur

Post by Noradur »

right, Adano, and those players, are the one who deserve special entertaining. everytime i see such a thing i jump into the npc and actually respond
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I guess the Illapedia is the far better place for such information!
Contribute to it's Newbie article and the pages linked there.

PS: Normally I am to lazy to fully talk to NPCs, too (BTW: are all key words working again?), so I mostly whisper to them.