About pk

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jhereg

About pk

Post by Jhereg »

Today I spent a little bit of time helping a player on his first day in this world. I did not have time to fully spend with this individual, so I asked another to help him and all was good.

When I came back to check up on things, I discovered that this new player, while very interested in the game, was ready to quit because he had already been killed 3 times by a lizard named Szat.

I chased Szat down and demanded to know of what reason the killings occured. Szat refused to answer and logged off.

Ok, no problem, just watch out for this person and deal with him if he offends my new charge again, right?  Wrong.

For some hours a group of people ended up having to chase this lizard around town.
The problem became more difficult when another pk seemed to join in with the lizard. The lizard would log out and then people would start dieing from arrow attacks.

This was obviously an ambush situation so I started paying attention to the log in log out messages.

Szat logs in...draws people to an area and logs out.  Rith logs in and people die from arrow attacks.

This happended more than once..log in...draw to a specific spot log out...log in arrows  log out..

If left to my own methodology for dealing with sociopaths, I would hunt these chars and all chars I ever discover belonging to this person and do everything possible to destroy them.

But, unfortunately for my sense of duty and honor...I must follow the rules as closely as I am able...

So, then, this is my question...what do I do next?  Persue and destroy?  or keep my eye constantly on my health bar for fear of magic/arrow attacks from an unseen and unreachable murderer?

Thankyou for your time
Vladimr Taltos of House Jhereg
Bror

About pk

Post by Bror »

I am just checking it and found out that the log files support your statment. I will have a little talk with the player.
Leif

About pk

Post by Leif »

ban his ip... show no mercy!
Erdrick

About pk

Post by Erdrick »

Yeah, Rith has been on my and everyones nerves... He shot my sheep at the Bo-Peep contest!
:( (buuuuhuuuuu) :(
What about this, "Jail Island..." Can you transport them there for good?
I dont see it on Nanuk's map, and I heard you talkin' bout it.
Or, you could possibly lower thier skills pretty bad... lower attributes...
PUNISH, PUNISH

#me dances around my fire in my store, chanting like a madman...
Suddenly Olorin walks in with 5 other people and I jump out the window, a boot stuck to my head and I fall flat on my face, still chanting crazily...
Steffenk

About pk

Post by Steffenk »

Hey! I think he is no PK.
I've gotten in trouble cause of him. Bror came in and told me that rith and szat will be deleted if they make something PK like once again. And he said my chars will be deleted too,
cause we've got the same IP.  Today someone attacked me and said i am rith, someone killed him and got chased an half hour. And you Bror check our char files, you will see that the RL names are differently.

GROAR!( from Brok)

(sorry bad english)
Bror

About pk

Post by Bror »

I didn't say anything about PK, I told you to keep the characters seperated.
Damien

About pk

Post by Damien »

Steffenk and Rith use the same computer. As far as i know, they're RL brothers or something like that. Steffenk has shown some good roleplay and did not harass any people himself (with this char).