Starting Out - What do I do?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Finch

Starting Out - What do I do?

Post by Finch »

I know this may sound a bit lame, but what should I do when I first start out in the game?  I made a character, and then appeared in the library.  What now?  Where do I go?  I've read the tutorial, but it seems a bit out of date and unclear.
Does anybody have any tips on what to do first?  I know this game is very RP-based and there are many paths to take, but how do I get started doing anything?  All I can figure out how to do is walk around and look at stuff (yes, I've RTFM).

Thanks,
Finch
Bror

Starting Out

Post by Bror »

If you have RTFM - it is up to date (the PDF version). And it includes a tutorial.
Finch

Starting Out

Post by Finch »

Ah, I see.  I had read the tutorial/manual from the ZIP file rather than the ones online.  BTW, the website says (maual_us.html) "You can find different kinds of manuals and tutorials here. All of them should also be included in the ZIP file with the Illarion download."  The build 22 ZIP file, however, doesn't contain the PDF file or the new tutorials.

Bror, thanks for your help (and for the cool game).

-Finch