Couple questions.......please some GM answer... - thats rigt

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Caranthir the great

Couple questions.......please some GM answer... - thats rigt

Post by Caranthir the great »

hiya!
heres couple questions ...

1.) What skills does the rings help? different ring , different effect?

2.) do there appear more item choises in the glassblowing , but the 3 at the start?

3.) do there appear more item choises in the tailoring , but the 3 at the start?

4.) can we maybe in future , build our own dungeons & caves and cities?

5.) will there be temples in each races city , like temple of god of trade and crafting in the city  of dwarves or the temple of the god of bones and blood in orc city?

6.)am i able to have multiple charaters at the same time without destroying other?

7.) why do the halfling and humans look alike =)?

i would be glad if some GM would answer at these..
Bror

Couple questions.......please some GM answer...

Post by Bror »

Some of the answers should be found out by yourself or kept secret. Here the answers to the other:
4) you can - theoreticaly - build houses right now, some players already did (the library for instance). The problem is the missing map editor. Every building will need to be coded in the server and needs a restart, that creates the map new. The problem are the things that have been build online by GMs (like the buildings without roof - online roof building is not possible). They would be deleted. Since in the last time many things have been build online, there is a building stopp. When the map editor is available, every player can buy houses again (dungeons too, he has to pay workers to dig the tunnels).

5) cities take much place on the map. The current city already occupies much of the island, even with the small amount of houses.
I would prefer if the followers of the gods, religious cults, guilds... collect money and buy a temple for their god. Followers could make a competition out of it to have a better and richer temple than the other gods.

6) You can technicaly have multiple characters. We advice you to keep this characters seperated, i.e. they don't know each other and they DON'T exchange money or other items. They know different things, places and persons. I.e. if one character knows a secret about a guild, the other character may not use the knowledge of this secret. Since these goals are hard to achieve, it is not very useful to have multiple characters. Exceptions are GMs which have on GM character and a character they play.

7) because there is no graphics yet for a halfling. In former times all genders and races looked all alike...
Leif

Post by Leif »

make bigger maps...(of course AFTER the map-editor)
would that make it go much slower?
Bror

Post by Bror »

A bigger map itself wouldn't make it slower, but putting active elements in it will slow it down (i.e. monsters or more players).
Players will slow it down directly, because the network connection is the bottle neck. Monsters will slow it down when a critical amount is reached (much above the current) and the computer speed will become the bottleneck
Leif

Post by Leif »

maybe you should get better equipment...
like you should put up an adress so we can donate money to you..
and you could make it so that we could not only just pay with illarion money to build a house
but if we dont have enough illarion money, then we could pay in rl money....
after a while you would (maybe) get a good deal to buy equipment...
if you dont get alot of money there's at least SOME money that you can spend on
i dont know.... beer?
you have nothing to loose
Bror

Post by Bror »

No, houses won't be sold for RL money. I dislike advantages in games, that you recive by money.

Perhaps if we have to rent a server+ connection next year, we will ask for donations or open this site for advertisments (or even search for a sponsor).
But the equipment (i.e. hardware isn't the limiting factor, it is the network speed. And network speed is something you have to pay for monthly, no single fee (which is much better, since with monthly fees you never know when you must stop the service).
Leif

Post by Leif »

damn... argh.. then i have to save up gold then...
how much does the houses cost?
Bror

Post by Bror »

right now no houses are sold (see above). There is a pricelist on the mainboard, but when houses will be available again, we have to redo the prices (since money will be harder to get now).
Sturm Feuerklinge

Post by Sturm Feuerklinge »

That sounds nice.....yeah....Bror.....:)
boms

Post by boms »

You can make zones ... right??
and/or you can advertize banners to gain money...

but its just my opinion :-)