Dead

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jackohan

Dead

Post by Jackohan »

What to do if you die??
Ardian

Post by Ardian »

Go to the colored pillar in the west of the Workshop in Trollsbane.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

...or any other colored pillar anywhere on the map. There is one in every major town. Note that you can only whisper (#w Your text) as a ghost, so if you want to ask for assistance where to a find a cross, you have to stand next to a character.
Jackohan

Post by Jackohan »

Thanks i'm revived
Riona Travere

Post by Riona Travere »

I have a question as well concerning death:

How do you roleplay it out? Is it considered dying and reviving ig? How hurt should the character act after reviving?
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

When you get revivied from the cross you can either roleplay it as Dying and being brought back by the gods, or just being knocked out and awakening again, depending on whether or not your character is religious or not.

After coming back from the cross your attributes will be low, and slowly regenerate, in which time you can go around roleplaying as injured as you like. It could be a lump on your head, or a broken bone, whatever you like.
maryday

Post by maryday »

You might also get hurt without beeing clouded..or even injured by a weapon..
Riona Travere

Post by Riona Travere »

Okay, thank you! ^_^
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I can't believe you moved the cross!

SACRELIDGE!
pharse

Post by pharse »

Retlak wrote:depending on whether or not your character is religious or not.
correction: depending on whether your character is dull or not.

It is proofed fact that Illarion's Gods exist, they still interact with the world they created. So when you are *that* heavily injured resp. being clouded, you need the Gods' grace to get back to life. Of course a medico/healer can help you to recover and to allay pain.

My view on that subject.
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

pharse wrote:
Retlak wrote:depending on whether or not your character is religious or not.
correction: depending on whether your character is dull or not.

It is proofed fact that Illarion's Gods exist, they still interact with the world they created. So when you are *that* heavily injured resp. being clouded, you need the Gods' grace to get back to life. Of course a medico/healer can help you to recover and to allay pain.

My view on that subject.
the point is the dieing part... I don't like the idea of death and ressurection. gods grace to heal peril wounds ok, but if it would be so easy to be ressurected, the line between perma-death and brief ressurection death is harder to rp :P. Thus I prefer to rp mortal wounds that get healed by divine help.
pharse

Post by pharse »

Obviously there is an "intermediate world" between the living and the dead, which is ruled by Cherga. Followers of other gods believe in such a world aswell.

I do very like the proposal PO Avalyon once brought forward, that if you die, you have to go to the cross and pray for the Five's blessings (they resurrect you, at least that is the common opinion I think. It will also be part of the priest system.), then your Char (as a cloud) is warped to a place where s/he has to fulfill some little quest to get resurrected (which takes some time). That would also solve the problem of "battle - clouded - resurrected - battle again" etc.
To be honest, that would fit perfectly in the priest system...additionally there were less misunderstanding concerning the way how to RP it. If anyone of you, who is also interested in that, has enough time, you could elaborate that proposal and present it in the proposals board.
Executor

Post by Executor »

Many illa humans have never seen the gods... Just like we've not seen god in thousands of years. For example I do not believe in god, even though some say it is proven that "he" exists. That would be cool though, if the gods turned up on Gobaith some timexD
Llama

Post by Llama »

Executor wrote:Many illa humans have never seen the gods... Just like we've not seen god in thousands of years. For example I do not believe in god, even though some say it is proven that "he" exists. That would be cool though, if the gods turned up on Gobaith some timexD
Just dont' say that in front of an armed lizard :P
Scott Macleod

Post by Scott Macleod »

Executor wrote:Many illa humans have never seen the gods... Just like we've not seen god in thousands of years. For example I do not believe in god, even though some say it is proven that "he" exists. That would be cool though, if the gods turned up on Gobaith some timexD
It could be a 'She' as the Lizards believe. :)
pharse

Post by pharse »

I can´t find it at the moment, but somewhere it is clearly stated that the Gods are commonly "accepted" or somewhat similar. Of course there are always some who deny the Gods but this should be surely an exception. So please play your Chars in conformance with that.

This will be of high importance for the priest system since all priests only gain power through their followers. But if you choose a God for your char, do it according to the racial background. You can find all necessary information in the Library of the magic academy (there is a Sticky in the RPG section).
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Executor wrote:That would be cool though, if the gods turned up on Gobaith some timexD
Who said that they don't do it? Maybe there is every day one of the younger gods walking over Gobaith. You just don't recognize him or her :wink: