Poison skill.

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

I killed hundrets of pigs with poisened daggers ... nothing happened with a poison skill ...
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

did you already have the skill? or did you not even get it?
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

I did not even get it.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Oh what is that timeless answer............... er ask IG hehe. I really dont want lots of people running around Gobaith with a poisoning skill *snickers* But if you desperately want to know send me a PM. [size=0] but I will let you know this, IT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE [/size]
Dash

Post by Dash »

i got the poison skill but it is not leveling, help me out?
Aust

Post by Aust »

Hm, true, appears it desnt level
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

my dwarf is on 3% poison :twisted:
Aust

Post by Aust »

How do you know the %?
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

You gain poisoning skill when you POISON someone else. Not when you attack with a poison weapon. So Yes, it will go slow. <.<
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Alright for all to know there are TWO skills dealing with poison. One is poisoning skill and the other is poison skill. Figure them out I did.
Dash

Post by Dash »

okay i have the poison skill, that is not for daggers right? that is for potions? I have heard you can only get the poisoning skill from other chars, this true?
Dash

Post by Dash »

okay actually i just poisoned someone, but i only have the poison skill. It is in my fighting section though, so that is the one that i get from the daggers right? but it doesn't level, i have used it for a while.
Dash

Post by Dash »

hehe sorry for repeat posts, but there was a little poison cloud around a mummy after i hit it, that mean succussful poisoning? or skill gain or something?

Edit:
okay i got another little cloud, i think it only is working cause i got a regular poisoned dagger, i had two daggers others but they weren't just regular daggers.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

there are daggers with two glooming auras around their blades. those daggers have a magical poisoning. it poisons your opponent regularry, even without having the poisoning skill. and it is not connected to the chars poisoning skill
Dash

Post by Dash »

ah i see. thanks that what i have. ugh, that means i still don't know how to raise it...
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

Greetings everyone!

Since I am a dagger user and I am trying to get the poisoned daggers work I wonder how much poisoning skill is needed to at least poison with daggers once in a blue moon.
I got both skills needed. I trained poisoning by poisoning enemies,( no, not pigs, was much more difficult...) and got 4 or 5 swirlies doing so. But I seem still not to be able to poison with my daggers. So are those skills working or are they disabled at the moment and I can screw those ordinary poisoned daggers and move on to the magical posioned once?
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

It is the slowest rising skill I have seen IG. If you want to poison people using a dagger..... there are three types: simple (does nothing without the skill), ornate (does nothing without the skill), then their is the poisoned dagger which is magically enchanted with poison (so does something with NO skill) :)

good luck!
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

The poison serinjah nor longsword seem to do much either as far as skill raise, or possibly just very very slow.
araknyd

Post by araknyd »

i've never used a poison potion or anything like that........all I've used is a poison dagger and a poison broadsword....and i've got the "poisoning" skill in my fighting skills for ages. But it stays "dark blue" and refuses to go up.
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

The whole "poison skill" is crap.
If you got some strong poison, you will succeed more then with weak poison. But a skill, to poison more or less is crap. How should I "learn" to poison someone during a fight? If I poison more people I am becoming better? Thats not logical. Bah
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Yeah, i think they should get rid of it as a skill. Poison should work the same for everyone. However it should be made much harder to obtain.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Amadi Yusuf Randal wrote:The whole "poison skill" is crap.
If you got some strong poison, you will succeed more then with weak poison. But a skill, to poison more or less is crap. How should I "learn" to poison someone during a fight? If I poison more people I am becoming better? Thats not logical. Bah
Yeah, I agree. It's daft. Dagger goes into body, covered in poison, poison goes into bloodstream. Uh-oh. Not really art.
Taeryon Silverlight

But the more blood is running through the region you hit, the faster the poison will spread. Makes sence, duh?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

So the poison skill entails learning the optimum capillary capacity of each piece of skin tissue?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Taeryon Silverlight wrote:But the more blood is running through the region you hit, the faster the poison will spread. Makes sence, duh?
Actually that's the basic idea in stabbing people with daggers in the first place.
Taeryon Silverlight

I mean, that, the higher your skill gets, the higher your chance to hit the really dangerous parts of the body of your enemy is.
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

There should be different level of poison and if there's such skill, a character should learn from a rogue or something, so higher the skill, better chance poison the blade more throughly. With each successful hit, the chance should be the same for the poison goes into the body.

I never see any different between a poison weapon and a normal one. Not the skill increase extremely slow, I suspect each creature has certain degree of resistance. So there's no real point making poison weapon rather than looking good with growing shine.
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

Taeryon Silverlight wrote:But the more blood is running through the region you hit, the faster the poison will spread. Makes sence, duh?
So which parts of the human body do you mean, when you talk about "more blood running through regions"?

In my eyes that doesnt make any sense.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Taeryon Silverlight wrote:I mean, that, the higher your skill gets, the higher your chance to hit the really dangerous parts of the body of your enemy is.
And that should be bundled in with the weapon skill (slashing/puncture)
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

The poison- and punkture- skill is something completely different.
To get a skillup for poison, you need more than 100% more hits than for punkture.

BUT poisoned daggers are effective weapons that poison from time to time.
And you need to be able to hit your aim to poison it. ;)

I´d say my char has a poison skill around 10 while puncture and the rest of the used figthing skills are between 60 and 70.
I have to add here, that I use poisoned daggers for fighting whenever possible.

I can´t really say how effective it is, everyone refuses to fight against poisoned weapons in duels,
but some time ago I did one-hit such a bad rp-noob who provoked my char with a poison hit (chance ~5-10%),
it needed around one minute for him to cloud.

For little tricks how to raise that skill faster and what poisonede weapons are useful,
you should ask a char who has experience in this regard ig. (like mine)

Addition: From what I tried, npc´s are totally resistant to poison.