New Player Help

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Galvin
Location: IN the middle of a cement cornfield, still thinking he is in Illarion, Role Playing his life...

New Player Help

Post by Galvin »

Dear Players Of Illarion,

If you ever find any new players that need help with anything and you don't want to/can't help them, please send them too me. I am quite willing to spend my time helping them out and teaching them more about the game. I am a bit depressed as too how many players are being banned and have decided to do something about it. Please, you can PM me or just leave a reply on this board if you need me to help someone. Also, if you are a new player and wish help in the game, please post a time and your characters name and I will be more than happy to help. My forum accounts you can reach me at are: Galvin; Jason Tanner; Krenlar; and Deshinal. Please, if you need a quick response send it to Galvin. Thanks for reading this and I hope you all have a great day and time in game. :)
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Not a single player has been banned in the last days.
A few badly named characters, but thier players can still play this game if they like.

Please look deeper into this matter before spreading such confusing statements, thanks.

All in all, I appreciate your desire to help.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I try quite alot lately, but most just log off and never return.
Or their name gets banned I guess.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Ever thought of the fact that some just get renamed and have matching names after ?
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

I find it a bit discouraging if you try to get a newbie into the game and after a few days he is never seen again. Happened to me some times now.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Damien wrote:Ever thought of the fact that some just get renamed and have matching names after ?
Or that.
But still a lot of the newbies log off and never come back for god knows what reason.
Perhaps because some seem to ignore them completely, or sometimes they're just a bit stupid.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Adano Eles wrote:I find it a bit discouraging if you try to get a newbie into the game and after a few days he is never seen again. Happened to me some times now.
It's happened to me before too :(
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Azuros wrote:
Adano Eles wrote:I find it a bit discouraging if you try to get a newbie into the game and after a few days he is never seen again. Happened to me some times now.
Happened to me 100s of times; mainly cos I teach noobs all the time.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Especially if you give this newbie a full set of tools in advance to help him start his trade...
Galvin
Location: IN the middle of a cement cornfield, still thinking he is in Illarion, Role Playing his life...

Post by Galvin »

I agree with Adano, Alex. You shouldn't just GIVE them the stuff and set them on thier way. Tell them about the tools and have them work for them, then that also helps for them to practice Role Playing and decide whether it is for them or not.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Galvin wrote:I agree with Adano, Alex. You shouldn't just GIVE them the stuff and set them on thier way. Tell them about the tools and have them work for them, then that also helps for them to practice Role Playing and decide whether it is for them or not.
I never give noobs stuff... I teach them all the commands and discourage them to powergame... I've spent several hours teaching noobs.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

That's not what I meant either. I had a newbie whom I teached all the basics, and then to help him start a trade I gave him a set of smelting tools to be payed in iron sheets and used this to hook him up into some rp. He played about two or three days.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

AlexRose wrote:I teach them all the commands and discourage them to powergame
That's why I don't give them items.
Galvin

Post by Galvin »

Again, I agree with ADANOS. You see, by giving him the stuff, letting him experience Role Playing, the player ahd the choice and decided it wasn't for him. This is at least what I wish to be for all new players to be able to do.
Elslight

Thank You

Post by Elslight »

I appreciate how much you try to help newbie's.

It help my confidence to know that - When I can get my account going. All of you will be somewhere around to offer helpful suggestions.

I would never hurt anyone unless I was defending myself.

Sorry but I just thought you needed a nice but true comment.

Although I shall need probably quite a bit of coaching and patience as I learn to fit in correctly. Please forgive any improper terms on my part.

Love and Light
Marwa

Post by Marwa »

Today was my first day exploring Illarion and Galvin was the only friendly/helpful person I came across. The second time I ran into him there was a player who decided it was more fun to dabble in a little sexual harassment and I wanted to retaliate by throwing venison at him but I don't know how to do much yet so I went down the hall and poofed! Oops. Snappy comeback to follow.

Anyway, thank you Galvin. After an unprovoked killing by three other players you were a sight for sore eyes.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Yeah, that happens lately.
Please don't leave. *whiney face*

On another note:
I actualy may have some time to go ingame today! Yaaay!

Exams soon. :cry:
swish1

Post by swish1 »

AlexRose wrote:[

People call me a noob(I kind of am) I dont see teaching from you.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

AlexRose wrote:
Azuros wrote:
Don't give up!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

swish1 wrote:
AlexRose wrote:[

People call me a noob(I kind of am) I dont see teaching from you.
You wanna see my illa chatlog?

I'm talking about people who don't know what ooc is, not people who've been on the forum for 6 months and are still idiots.

And Arien, don't worry, in the brief time I am IG nowadays it's noob training because there's NOONE to rp with.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

alex, per definition you wrote about swish!
I'm talking about people who don't know what ooc is,...
as we all know, he clearly is in that category.

see: OCC !
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Korm Kormsen wrote:alex, per definition you wrote about swish!
I'm talking about people who don't know what ooc is,...
as we all know, he clearly is in that category.

see: OCC !
XD you're hilarious, Korm.
Hyperion

Post by Hyperion »

Exactly HOW do you refine ore? i try the furnace, stoke it up, and then can't use it.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Hyperion wrote:Exactly HOW do you refine ore? i try the furnace, stoke it up, and then can't use it.
You need a crucible, pincers & a mould.
Hyperion

Post by Hyperion »

Ok, now where do you get pincers, a crucible and mould? i hope not silverbrand, if so i'm stuck because the door won't open
Llama

Post by Llama »

Silverbrand is a dwarf city, you're not goign to enter there unless you have the keys...

. . .

Where to get them is a question which you'd need to find out Ig..

Think... who would use them most? and where would HE obtain them? he would know...
Hyperion

Post by Hyperion »

well, that's the problem I AM a dwarf and can't get in, and according to silverbrands's forum i gotta apply for citizenship to get in, and that takes A WHOLE MONTH.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Back to topic!
Hyperion

Post by Hyperion »

sorry. but seriously, where else but silverbrand can i find smithing stuff?
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Hyperion wrote:sorry. but seriously, where else but silverbrand can i find smithing stuff?
Other blacksmiths.