New Player Help

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

fokker

Post by fokker »

No, I think these are not nails. Actually I need to finish an carpentry item called "pins and cotters", which is later needed for some other stuff. Now, I can make 66% of the item from branches I think (or was it boughs), but in order to finish it I need pins. Since they are made of metal I thought that maybe some smith might know something about them but no luck 'till now. Tried tailors also, all they have are needles...
Llama

Post by Llama »

Pins/Nails are made by smiths. Even the most basic smith can make nails.
fokker

Post by fokker »

So pins=nails effectivelly. Thanks very much, in this case it is very easy (sorry for missunderstanding, but English is not my native language).

Regards
reekoo

Post by reekoo »

hi, im new to the site. Im a elf archer. How do you eat food, becaus ei can't seem to get my char to eat. Plus who can i sell raw leather too because all the shops just want me to buy no sell.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Hold shift, click food, release shift.
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

leave raw leather on the ground a few minutes it'll dry and you can usually find someone near the workshop that buys it...its used by tailors carpenters and smiths so someone will probably buy a few if you have a good price(2-3)

also if you're getting leather you're also probably getting entrails(much easier to make money from those) get a pair of scissors and cut them into thread and you can probably find a buyer near the workshop(I use alot so if you're ever around when I'm there you'll definitely get rid of all of them)

also a quick bit of advice, stop selling goods to the merchants in the shops as they don't pay nearly what the item is worth and resell it at a price many times more than its worth. you'll get much better prices from other players
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

e.e, been a long time since asking questions here so:
Is it OK to use languages that aren't (Rarely) used?
I'm gonna try to use Mando'ad in Illarion (Mando'ad is a form of language used by Mandolorians...if u dont know what a mandalorian is, think of Jango Fett >.>) just need to know if theres a sorta permission on it O.o
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

No, the only languages "allowed" by now is english and German, french was allready put down.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

So, would it be considered breaking the rules? I'm just using Mando'ad because the people who speak it, are mainly a warrior/mercenary race, and it ties in with my char...
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

we got not only our normal real live languages but also our ig languages, who except maybe ancient, aren't even used that often, adding just another would simply be some kind of "overkill".
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

I am still a relatively new player and was reading about the upcoming druid system. I was wondering it speaks of skill level in points, how might I see what my skill levels are in points? All I have found so far is the colored arrow system. Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

oh and Hiho to all here the game is fun I am enjoying it very well.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

No NUMBERS.

That is a main part of the game. You will never ever know if your lvl is X or Y.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Jupiter wrote:No NUMBERS.

That is a main part of the game. You will never ever know if your level is X or Y.
As he said. The only way of somewhat knowing how well you do in a craft or a skill is by looking at the colour.

Various grades of colour between blue and yellow. Bright yellow is the maximum. Dark blue is the minimum.

Dark blue: "I know only the tiniest things about making clothes. Not even my sewing is holding together!"
Bright yellow: "My clothing will last the millenia of the eras to come. The elves themselves value my work above all else." <-- For the overly egotistic.
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Ah I see, thank you it was this information on the news page that made me ask is all...

"2. What happens to my skills, magic runes and attributes?
All skills but "Alchemy" will remain the same after the change. The Alchemy skill will be lowered by one half or no higher than 24 points. That means if you have under 48 skill points in Alchemy your skill will be halved. If your skill is higher than this it'll be lowed to 24. This will be done for the sake of balance at the start of the system."
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Gilly wrote:Ah I see, thank you it was this information on the news page that made me ask is all...

"2. What happens to my skills, magic runes and attributes?
All skills but "Alchemy" will remain the same after the change. The Alchemy skill will be lowered by one half or no higher than 24 points. That means if you have under 48 skill points in Alchemy your skill will be halved. If your skill is higher than this it'll be lowed to 24. This will be done for the sake of balance at the start of the system."
That's because technically speaking, we do have a number for our skill, we're just not meant to know it, to make it more realistic :) If your skill is green, you know that you're starting to get the hang of a skill, but you don't know your exact ability.
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

makes perfect rp sense to me to not know numbers :D
Silavaen

Post by Silavaen »

Where would one find a bucket? It seems to be one of if not the most versatile of the hand-tools, but I can't find that they are sold by any NPCs, they seem to require a reasonable carpentry skill to make, and I'm not having much luck in fishing for them (the Illapedia said they might be acquired through fishing.)
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You can buy a bucket in greenbriar for 20 coppers, first bulding on the left side, from your char point of view.
Silavaen

Post by Silavaen »

Thank you.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Find out IG :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: what a load of crap eh?