Help with background.

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mah'dee Daye

Help with background.

Post by Mah'dee Daye »

I'd like to develop a more thorough background for my character, but I am having a little trouble finding information about the world.

My character is obviously not from Trollsbane, so I am looking for some information on any elven cities my character could possibly be from. And maybe where it is in comparison to Trollsbane.

Some information on Trollsbane and any surrounding cities might also be helpful.

Also, not that it matters too much to me, I am kind of curious whether or not the melodies have been introduced yet. Being a bardic based character I'd like to know how much of it is coded and how much should just be roleplayed.

Last thing.. I am having trouble interacting with NPCs. Is there a way to communicate to them? How do I browse items and purchase from shops?
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

www.moonsilver.de

You can start there, though it may only offer a limited amount of information.

Concerning melodies, I don't believe bardic magic is active yet, but skill in instruments are.
Last edited by Cliu Beothach on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

Mah'dee Daye

Post by Mah'dee Daye »

Thank you. I went through this information before and it is a great resource. Yet still no information on cities.

Because this information has not been developed would it be safe for me to make up an elvish city without ruining the atmosphere for other players?

A new question arises... I noticed that I got a harp with my character, which is very nice. But I really don't feel like it fits my character's personality.

Harps generate sounds of peace and sadness. My character would play something a little more lively.. like a lute or similar. Can a lute be obtained in the game? If so from where and how do I get the appropriate skill to play it?

Hope I am not being too much of a bother.

Thanks again.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

A lot of people just dont give their home cities a name. I know i didnt for my character (and wont for my gnome either) but you can give a description of it and its people. Best way to not break lore. Cus if you break lore, damien will strangle you alive (over the internet too, he's THAT good)

EDIT: oh, and yes, you can geta lute or flute, ask a skilled carpenter about it i suppose. And skills are gained through powerga-...erm, repeatedly playing the instrument....
Last edited by falco1029 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mah'dee Daye

Post by Mah'dee Daye »

Good information. Thank you.
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

welcome.
Llama

Post by Llama »

To interact with NPCs just talk to them

Otherwise best ask for "help"... to them, Eliza [lizard in tb shop] will give you the commands
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

He already asked this in the other thread Hadrian, and we answered him there. You, being a professional spammer should learn to notice it. Or atleast get a promotion to forum whore like me.
Mah'dee Daye

Post by Mah'dee Daye »

Yes, I did ask that part of the question on a different forum after I had already asked it here. This is because I did not recieve a reply. I figured that part had been overlooked and would gain better focus if it was the main question of a thread.

Sorry if I caused any trouble.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

None whatsoever. I am glad finally someone with good grammar and generally good literacy has arrived.

P.S. I resized your avatar. Check your inbox soonish.
Mah'dee Daye

Post by Mah'dee Daye »

Thank you. There is still room for improvement. I must generate over half the hits for www.dictionary.com.

:lol:

Thank you again for resizing my avatar it looks alot better now.