Become evil mage / Ein böser Magier werden

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Negyth

Become evil mage / Ein böser Magier werden

Post by Negyth »

ich weiß jetzt nich, obs im richtigen topic steht, aber gibt es ne Magieschule für absolut bösartige Magier auf Gobiath? :P
----------------
I donno, if its the right topic here, but does there exist a magicschool for very very evil mages on gobiath? :P
Poots

Post by Poots »

I don't know much about magic but:

this is an in-game question. ask around the town.

I don't THINK there is. though any evil group is almost never publicized.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

There was a teacher for evil mages, but I believe he has just recently quit Illa. I don't know if he will be replaced or not.
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

i cant ask this question ingame, i dont think any evil mage will reply Ö.ö
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Try getting in touch with the Cult. I hear it's making a comeback. :wink:
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

High five, Bloodhearte! Ah, I fondly remember those days of plotting esoteric rituals, and generally setting things on fire.

Additionally, you could not be blatantly evil, and get taught by a normal mage.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Right on point. What you have to do is feign being wholesome and nice, and turn vicious after your learning.
Luthor Zathanis

Post by Luthor Zathanis »

i allready choosed that way ;) see me, when killin my master :P
Voligne

Post by Voligne »

How would I contact the cult if I wished to?
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Xalliar wrote:The recipe for evil mages: Waiting. Being evil. Possibly you will be found...
Or just look around and ask the right questions while not generating to much arousal between the commoners.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

ITS NOT THE CULT!

ITS NOT THE BLACKSTONE CULT!

IT IS NOT A REINCARNATION OF THAT AFOREMENTIONED CULT!

HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY THIS!

IT IS NOT CALLED THE CULT!

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BLOODHEARTE'S BLACKSTONE CULT!

IT IS INFACT, KNOWN AS THE TEMPLE OF BJOLMUR!

PM ME IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR MEMBERSHIP!
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

IT IS INFACT, KNOWN AS THE TEMPLE OF BJOLMUR!
And they are still alive...thanks to the fact that players ingore background and proper roleplay just because the temple will get massive gm support if the players follow their roles and the background and do something against it :roll:
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Somehow I would consider getting a whole island with a giant building on it also "GM support", not to mention some items ....
swish1

Oh my god!

Post by swish1 »

Just go to a regular teacher and say I want to learn...
Tell her a fake story...
Master it..
At the end turn evil and tell her/him your true intention...
Kill her/him or something..
I dont know just rp!!!

By the way your still going to learn the same thing except the "Evil teacher" is going to know you are evil and the other one is not...
swish1

Oh my god!

Post by swish1 »

Just go to a regular teacher and say I want to learn...
Tell her a fake story...
Master it..
At the end turn evil and tell her/him your true intention...
Kill her/him or something..
I dont know just rp!!!

By the way your still going to learn the same thing except the "Evil teacher" is going to know you are evil and the other one is not...
John Copland

sorry

Post by John Copland »

i clicked once the message no appeared so i typed again!!!!!!

Sorry
Samantha Meryadeles

Somehow I would consider getting a whole island with a giant building on it also "GM support", not to mention some items ....
Somehow I wouldn't say that it is the same if good chars get from gms something like that, or evil chars who would be hunted if we play after the illarion roleplaybackground get massive gm protection in form from monsterspawnes or full gm power against those players.

But I am sure Keikan knows best of us all about using gm powers against playerchars who want to beat up the evil, or not? :roll:
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

No, but you think you do.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

So as long my character is considered "good", it is perfectly fine to get one or two (or more) healthy boosts by GMs.
But beware, once you are considered "evil" it would be unfair to accept any help against the masses of heros trying to knock your door down.

Wonderful double standarts you once again present us.
Athian

Post by Athian »

to state for the record it's not gm support these players get, it's quest team support. why you ask it's because we're well questing. we're trying to start something for player of the oppisite persuasion. but somehow no matter how quiet we are about it every hero knows within a day and a half and posts up a 'join together to stop the evil' thread in the rpg. thusly us at the quest team pwn noobish all over would be heros who won't give anyone else a chance to play there way. (or at least i do :twisted: ). but there's never been a time when we've gone out of our way to bring trouble to players, they've always hunted us first.

and stop picking at Keiken
Samantha Meryadeles

I am not the only one who dislikes the current situation with the temple. And who thinks it is ridiculous and false how it got started and how some gms defend now the temple with everything possible and would beat up every playeraction with massive gm power just to make the temple survive, even if it would be the right roleplay to defeat the temple and the whorshippers

The whole situation is pathetic. It is "Oh, let us give a shit on roleplay and the background, as long as the temple survives".

Yes, such a temple would be a plus to the game., but not the way it is done currently. It is wrong to continue it like now.

But whom am i telling it. All defending it have either a char in the temple, or have benefits ingame from the situation *rolls eyes*.

And Athian, it is GM support. Markous supports them. And he would beat up every playeraction with gm chars just to hold the temple alive.

And I wouldnt call it quiet when a gm char screams it around the isle with gm messages and tells the whole world what they are doing and founding. And when they walk around that public and official., It was never quiet. Since the very beginning members and gms shouted it around who and what they are.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Evil needs a chance to survive, there are about 20 good fighter heroes for every bad guy... Doesn't seem realy fair does it?
So its either make the evil characters stronger or get more evil characters.
In all my time playing this game its usualy gone like this.

A few evil guys show up and make their existance known.
a huge load heroes rush in to defeat them.
The end.

And one more thing, this thread was supposed to be about becoming an evil mage...

So have a cookie and let the temple stuff rest.
*Tosses a cookie his way*
Samantha Meryadeles

Thats the game! As long as it is no game named "Illarion, where the evil wins" it is a game like evey game, a game where the good guys are against the bad guys and the good wins at the end. So it is! but if you use gm powers and all to make the evil ones survive and win by force you are doing something wrong
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Its a roleplaying game and good doesn't always have to win...
There are quite some games where evil wins.

And besides, evil won't win in the end, its impossible, and they won't do that.
But if every evil is defeated in 3 days that isn't quite fun for the evil guys now is it?

Its nice to have evil rule for a while, more diversity.

Let civilisation end for a while, let madness and chaos rise for a while.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Markous isn't a GM, but he is part of the quest team. and very helpful in that sense.

but agreed, very double standard, personally when it comes to this particular plot line the simple truth is that unless the good guys tone down there constant need to smash it means evil characters can't support themselves. thusly they get support. you want Super characters out of the mix then your going to have to allow for evil player characters to stand on there own two feet not cut them down every single oppurtunity. the more it's done the more support they'll end up getting.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

The temple members immunity against the hordes of would be heroes actually has nothing to do with GM support. The only reason we are not slain on sight is because we have presented ourselves as a non-entity and not a threat.

We also have an agreement with Stephen which allows us free travel within Trollsbane and its surrounding lands.

Else our members are hidden and unknown to characters. (and unfortunately PO's as people tend to mix IC and OOC knowledge)

This is not due to GM support, or even quest group support, but down to the playerchars that make up the brunt of the (very small) temple.
Samantha Meryadeles

See, and that agreement is the problem. It is against all normal roleplay. Against all the background of illarion speaks for! All normal roleplay sense. and why? to a big part just because of ooc thoughts. Most of isle just ignore the facts, ignore whom they whorshipp...their chars wouldnt ignore it! But they do, because the players want. and with that they give a shit on the right roleplay in such a situation. and as i said, i am not the only one who thinks so and is disturbed by that show.

And belief me, would the isle gather a force and knock at the temple door it would be markous who comes ingame with his gm char and kill all the good players gathered with massive summoned monsters or anything else
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

"Hi, we follow an evil creature of lies and corruption. It's ok, we're not gonna hurt you! Yeah, we're TOTALLY telling the truth. Here's some cool gifts. Friends now, kay?"

That sums up what the temple has done. As you can see, it's pretty ridiculous.
Samantha Meryadeles

Sadly, but Donal is 100 % right. He said it very well, and i agree...what frightens me more than anything else :P.

It was just like that. And thats what makes many others of us so frustrated about the current ig state. Bevause now we who paly their roles fitting to the background story and common senses are the bad and evil ones, and get pushed around. So currently those doing common sense roleplay based on the backgroundstory gets discriminated ig :roll:
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

*cookies for Donal and Galim*