Druidry

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Thedan

Druidry

Post by Thedan »

Allright, I want to become a druid.

I have all items / skills i need for this, but i "dont seem to understand".

What's the deal? Do i more intellegence than I have?? I always thought you didnt have to have intellegence for druidry.

Pleaes (preferably a GM) help me out!

Thanks,
Thedan
Galim

Post by Galim »

everyone needs intelligence if he don't want to be a completly fool. And a druid who cannot even count or read is a bad druid. Damn, do you think it is easy to mix potions? Its terrible and dangerous when you forget the prescription
Thedan

Post by Thedan »

Right, well galim, im senior master in library research...

but i only have 4 int.:( My primary "function" is to be an archer, but i also wanted to be a druid.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Christ on a Ritz cracker, another oxymoronic character?

Kinda hard to be an illiterate druid/archer buddy. And regardless of what the game technicality tells you, with only 4 intelligence, you're probably illiterate. And if not, well, you can't possibly have ease comprehending what the texts are saying.
Thedan

Post by Thedan »

Lol, bloodhearte, I'm seniore master library research, im obviously NOT illiterate. :wink:

Also, i have some (rather stupid) friends who can read but, according to this game, would probably have an intellegence of 2. Well the arent great at reading.... but they can..

Anyway, I want to know if I can or cant become a druid, i dont need, bloodherte, people like you to tell me im a "oxymoronic" person.

btw, i wouldnt be tlaking about moronic characters, if i remember correctly your past... :wink:

Please tell me if i can or cant become a druid,
From a GM since they know what their talking about, and they actually made the game to where you ahve to be certain stats to learn stuff,
Thedan
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

Well, If you only have 4 intelligense, you can hardly speak.
And you can defenatly don´t speak normaly or write and read.
I say that you should make another character if you want to be a druid.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Thedan wrote:btw, i wouldnt be tlaking about moronic characters, if i remember correctly your past... :wink:
I think my gaming past was a-okay in comparison to others at the time.
Woah, I wouldn't argue with The Dan. You are a Dan, aren't ya?

What can I say, I'm argumentative.
Thedan wrote:Please tell me if i can or cant become a druid,
From a GM since they know what their talking about, and they actually made the game to where you ahve to be certain stats to learn stuff,
Thedan
I believe you can be a druid, but it takes the perception attribute to locate herbs and such.

What you have to ask yourself, is do you want to be a druid, or somebody who makes potions? Druids are more along the lines of magical folk, and spend their life studying the science of herbology and rituals and such. Somebody who just happens to make potions can be flexible and have another occupation as well, but might not get the full benefit of potion making.
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

You have an intelligence of four and you are a senior master at library research....I must say that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Just because the game lets you do things doesnt mean your character should do them. You have a 4 intel...so play your character dumb...Obviously you are just trying to reach maximum levels in some skills to attempt a "super" character and now you got screwed because of it. Play the charater the way they are...not all super and perfect like you want them to be. Characters have flaws...yours is being dumb.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Valid points Ark.

I hereby present you with the Rationale award, to supplement your other award from the other forum.

Basically, The Dan, it's a matter of roleplaying honestly. Do you really want to have a character, that has flaws like everybody else should, or is your aim to be above everybody else?
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Bloodhearte wrote:Christ on a Ritz cracker
Where?
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

Thank you Blood....my awards are now listed in my profile....I must still find the one I was called a while back..Queen of Monkeyshine I believe it was
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Well, from what I know (my main character is druid) it is technically impossible to be a druid with only 4 points on intelligence. I tested around that a lot for some time. I don't know what exactly intelligence has to be to become a druid, but 4 points is way to few.If you want to become one by any chance you probably should maximize it, or bribe a GM to tell you how much intelligence you need in minimum ;)

PS: I wouldn't ask martin *g*
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Inteligence of 4 and being whatever-Grandmaster in Libary research is not that much of an oxymoron.

It means, he can quickly find the books he never understands. ;)

You can also imagine a character who runs with his fingers under the lines he is just trying to read and silently pronounces every word, very slowly.
Just like everyone when he learns to read back in school.
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

Darlok: He shouldn`t even be able to read. 8)
Hi is a bit smarter than a gully dwarf in dragonlance i think.
"Me want rat. You want rat? You have rat. Don´t hit me."
Or even stupier, unable to fight with spear. If he fight with spear, he can damage everyone, even himself :roll:
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

How can you tell, Ragor.

I dont think you have more in-deep knowledge than the rest of us.

All I know is, that with an intelligence of 3 you have a hard time completing anything what uses braincells.
But what about 4 ?
I see nowhere stated or written, that you are unable to read with 4 points.
I consider your abilities in this case compareable to childen in the first classes of school.
Basic reading and writing.
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

Darlok: 3 or 4 is pretty much the same...
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

I wonder what a mathematician would say to this claim.

We have a very limited numerical system here, ranging from 0 to 20.
3 and 4 are in no way the same here.
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

http://forum.illarion.org/viewtopic.php?t=9047
There. I don´t really think that one point gives any lesser meaning. If a person who has 3 intelligense have problem using more than one word at the time, I don´t think that 4 is to big different. He maybie talks better, but he is still far from reading.
Thedan

Post by Thedan »

To everyone:

Why do you think i posted this topic? I don't want you to talk! I didnt ask you for your opionions, or for your advice, or for your input. I asked the GM's whether or not I could become a druid.

Simple yes or no question.

And now all of you have turned it into ANOTHER STUPID topic!!

NO im not a newbie, i have many other characters, so dont treat me like one! Just because you've never heard my name before doesnt mean i dont know much about this game or RP.

As for the 4 intel. and library research... Some of the dummest people can read, so dont badger me about me reading.

Please forgive my bad mood, but i dont need any of your advise, only the GM's, as they DID make the game and not you.
Barash Bashbrug

Post by Barash Bashbrug »

Thedan it doesnt matter if your new or not, you asked a question and players KNOW that the GMS cant always take from there own time to answer your questions. So they answered it for the GM's, and you should know by now EVERY post because a discussion unless its completly stupid.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Thedan is not new, however in answers to your question, 1 find out in game, and 2 It has already been answered, your char is too stupid to become a Druid.
Thedan

Post by Thedan »

I'm stupid! Allright... i can rp that then. :P :(
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Ragnor,
we take druidry as example:
1 point makes a world of a difference.

Intelligence 10 can perfom duridry, while intelligence 9 cannot. (Random numbers taken)
Its the same with 3 and 4.
While 4 can do something, 3 cannot.
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

Darlok: Then it´s good that all my stats are 10. :)
Exept strengt (14) and the one that gives you life (12) :P
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Ragor wrote:Darlok: Then it´s good that all my stats are 10. :)
Exept strengt (14) and the one that gives you life (12) :P
I always preferred well rounded characters myself, who progress maybe sometimes with magic and sometimes with a sword.

The trouble is, because you have to balance both, you can never be GREAT at either of them, but you can eventually get very good.

Sometimes my character is busy practicing with a sword, so he doesn't have time to fully comprehend every rune. For this reason, he limits himself to an elemental (fire/ice/earth/whatever). And when he practices magic, he doesn't have time for strength training and such. But training gives him better dexterity.

While a well rounded character progresses, he can't match others who get better in one field. But they can match most people once they get good enough.

@Darlok - Good point regarding the intelligence and research. Maybe, rather than comprehension, he can make a good librarian assistant? :wink: