(Main/Download) Legends Of Illarion 1

This is a board that contains all informations related to the Illarion spin-off "Legends of Illarion" / Dieses Board enthält alle Informationen bezüglich des Illarion-Ablegers "Legends of Illarion".

Moderators: Dyluck, Developers

Dyluck

(Main/Download) Legends Of Illarion 1

Post by Dyluck »

Download Link

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 57&t=30451

What is Legends Of Illarion?

(Short Answer)
Legends Of Illarion is a single player rpg game similar to old SNES games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, or Lufia 2. It was created using a program called RPG MAKER 2003. I have been working on and off on the game for about 5 years now.

(Long Answer)
My game uses mostly the default battle engine and menu of RM2K3. I don't claim that my game is much better or worse than many other RM2K3 games out there, but I believe my game is balanced and finished, and created specifically for the Illarion community. There are an infinite number of things that I know I could have improved, but there are simply too many limitations in time and resources, and it took a very long time to simply finish what I was working on even though I had already stopped planning to add any more new things since years ago.

The story of the game is mainly based on historical events and characters of Illarion from its early years starting around 2001, although many story elements and characters from later on are also included in a supporting role. Many more recent and current elements of Illarion will also be alluded to throughout the game.

Specifically, the main story is about the early heroes of Troll's Bane and their war against Drakhen Vorkalion during his very first arrival. The story will then also branch off to an all new storyline involving secrets and plots about the gods of Illarion.

When I first started making this game, my goal was mainly to create a game with various stories and events that were difficult to execute in Illarion. It soon became clear that it look a lot of time and effort to make this game, and I soon focused on a main plot, which was based on the stories and characters of the past. As I added more and more elements from Illarion into the game, Illarion itself began to change over time, and my game became a reminder of past times and Illarion's history.

As it is now, Legends Of Illarion is a celebration of the characters and stories that are part of Illarion's history and found in the Chronicles. But in recent years, I also began to imagine a story about the Younger Gods that took place in the ancient past, while they were still mortals. I began to work the second half of LOI towards this new story, which I had envisioned as my next game in the form of a prequel. In truth, I have become more interested in my idea for the prequel than the first game itself, but it was necessary to finish the plot for LOI, before one could appreciate the prequel. As the time required to finish LOI went by, I soon knew I would probably never make the prequel. However, I have finally finished LOI now, and for me, this game now also acts as a bridge towards this new story about the gods that I want to share.

So as you play Legends Of Illarion now, I hope that you will be able to enjoy it as both a celebration of the past history of Illarion, and as well as a starting point towards the prequel story of the Younger Gods that I hope to someday share with you all. Enjoy the game!

Trailers / Screenshots

New Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClLnupmSZQ

New Screenshots:

Troll's Bane
Gobaith:

30 Random Screens:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Old Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8miyWrM5Yj8

Old Threads:

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=13754

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=10347

Story

Many decades ago, when the early settlers had just arrived on the island of Gobaith and the town of Troll's Bane was only a few years old, a forgotten story of heroism and danger changed the world of Illarion. A small army of heroes came together to do battle against the first evil force to ever invade Troll's Bane. A dreaded lich named Drakhen Vorkalion had arrived in an attempt to summon the evil god Moshran into the realm of mortals. An epic battle would take place for the fate of Illarion, but behind the lich lies an even greater power and an unfathomable secret about the gods that will finally be revealed...

Characters

Dyluck
Class Commands: Magic, X-Magic
A newcomer to the island, Dyluck is a wanderer who recently shipwrecked and drifted to the shores of Gobaith. He claims to have lost his memories, but he is only pretending and seems to know more than he is wililng to reveal, especially when it comes to the unmatched powers of his arcane magic. He eventually decides to make Troll's Bane his new home and start a school known as the Magic Academy.

Sabrina
Class Commands: Archery, Druidry
A former slave of a cruel tyrant, Sabrina has been constantly on the run from a mercenary who was hired to recapture her. Her life takes a turn for the better when she finds protection from Dyluck and his friends, and develops a special bond with Dyluck. Sabrina had managed to elude her captors thus far thanks to her superior archery skills, and also has an apt for learning the arts of druidry.

Damien
Class Commands: Magic
As Dominous Major of the Grey Light Order, Damien is one of the highest ranking members of this secretive guild and their representitive in Troll's Bane. As such, he is very busy but also very knowledgable thanks to the experience of his long elven years and his time spent in the library. Many folk turn to this scholarly mage for information, especially about the ancient past.

Aragon
Class Commands: Knight, Prayer
A knight of the Grey Rose guild, Aragon is a skilled swordsman with many leadership qualities that will help him move up the ranks someday. Although he does not know it yet, he was part of a terrible experiment as an infant, and as a result, a dangerous power lies dormant within him, waiting to be unlocked.

Cosmaterra
Class Commands: Magic, Warlock
A newcomer to the island as well, this cheerful traveller is able to wield sword and shield, and also had great potential for casting spells since she was a child. She recently arrived in Troll's Bane and is looking for a teacher to hone her magic skills. She goes by the alias of "Cosmaterra" for certain safety reasons.

Shi Long
Class Commands: Magic, Monk
Yet another newcomer to the island, Shi Long has been trying to track down his long lost sister. They come from a long line of powerful mages and were seperated as children while they were on the run from an evil warlord trying to take advantage of their potential for magic. Shi Long has the skills of a monk, and is always looking to improve his spell casting as well.

Caranthir
Class Commands: Might
Like most other dwarves, Caranthir is a shrewd trader and loves to mine for ore to use in blacksmithing. He is one of the most important and trusted members of the Ironhammer clan, a large dwarven guild that resides in the Copper Mountains. He works closely with the townsfolk of Troll's Bane, often making trades and new friends.

Xaveria
Class Commands: Knight, Prayer
As one of the first ever female knights, Xaveria joins the Grey Rose in hopes of inspiring other women to make a difference on the battlefield as well. She was a duchess of her homeland, but ran away long ago, as her parents disapproved of her wish to take up arms. She is a fierce fighter but she also carries a strong desire to help others in need.

Badmosche
Class Commands: Knight
Another knight of the Grey Rose, Badmosche is steady combatant who deals powerful blows with his spear. He is a loyal friend who is always ready to sacrfifice himself for a friend in need. Recently, he has been sent to gather information about a missing leader of his guild, as well as investigate the strange chaotic behaviours exhibited by Damien lately.

Galadria
Class Commands: Prayer
As a priestess of Sirani, Galadria possesses powerful healing abilities which are known by many around the island of Gobaith. She runs a small shrine with other servants of Sirani somewhere within the mysterious Forest Of Illusions. Although it is not easy to find her shrine, those who are in desperate need of her healing abilities will have to solve the mystery of her forest.

Sun Long
Class Commands: Lancer
Sun Long is the wife of Shi Long and one of the newest members of the Grey Rose Knights. She had previously learned the way of the dragoons in the far east, and brings powerful jumping skills and spearing attacks into her knight training. She is sent on a mission along with the new cadets of the Magic Academy, as part of her final test to become one of the knights.

Roke
Class Commands: Ranger, Magic
Roke is a member of the Rangers guild who protects the town of Greenbrair from the wild monsters of the forests. He was trained by Inioch, who founded the Ranger Guild and trained many other Rangers. Roke has a keen mind to compliment his tracking skills, and can also throw various weapons and items with amazing accuracy.

Korwin
Class Commands: Archery, Magic
Korwin is another member of the Rangers guild who protects Greenbrair, but is now preparing for his departure to Troll's Bane. He has recently been accepted as a new student of the Magic Academy and will recieve personal training from the headmaster if he can prove his worth. He is good friends with Roke and is also well trained in the skills of archery.

Astral
Class Commands: Geomancy, Magic
Another member of the Rangers Guild, Astral used to work alongside Korwin and Roke very often. A few years ago, Astral was one of the first to be accepted as student of the Magic Academy, and has now already progressed his way into becoming a teacher for the magic school. He has been tasked with giving a test to the new applicants of the school before allowing them admission.

Hints

-The blue circles are save points. Stand on them and press the action button. Save often and save in multiple slots.
-When you first reach the town of Troll's Bane, talk to everyone to get some free tools and other goodies.
-Check your crafting tools periodically to see if you have collected enough resources to craft new items.
-If you are lost, talk to Zasmia in the tavern in Troll's Bane for advice. She should be available after Chapter 1.
-Early on, buy more bread/fish as they are cheaper than apples/grapes. You should only need a few fruits and use them only during boss battles.
-When Chapter 4 begins, start buying more fruits, as you will soon be fighting continuously and be forced to recover HP during battles.
-Once you are able to switch party members, try to use everyone once in a while, as you will eventually need them all to be strong.
Last edited by Dyluck on Thu May 28, 2009 11:56 am, edited 8 times in total.
Cosmaterra

Post by Cosmaterra »

Looks lovely, maybe i find some time to look after the Copy of my old House in your new - old World, hopefully you dont forget it and the tree of live ;-D

Anyways, if i donte made it, i wish you best Luck with the start of your newest project and sure a good time Dyluck!!

Love Cosma
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Greeeeeeeeeeeets everyone. Just received your notification via mail. The trailer looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to play the game.

cya

Zarah

Post by Guest »

I havent played illarion in forever but ill have to try this out. Hope Im still in it :P
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

(Last post made by me, I forgot guests could post here:P)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Woah, I'm recognising a lot of you guys. Well Dyluck, seems you brought lots of the oldies in.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

falco1029 wrote:(Last post made by me, I forgot guests could post here:P)
Has your game ceased production, falco?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Thanks everyone, and good to hear from you oldies! But there are still a lot of old players and main characters in the game that I haven't been able to reach, due to old emails and such, so please keep helping me spread the word to fellow Illarionites old and new!
Damien

Post by Damien »

Wow, looks nice ! I think i'm going to play it (again), last time i did that, it kinda also made me play illa again though... ;)
Awesome !
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

AlexRose wrote:
falco1029 wrote:(Last post made by me, I forgot guests could post here:P)
Has your game ceased production, falco?
Comnputer crashed, lost the game :(. Was almost done too, it was looking epic. As it is, even if I tried o remake it, I forget half the lore and half Ules' history so it'd be too difficult :P
Suiram

Post by Suiram »

It reminds me of Legend of Zelda^^
Damien

Post by Damien »

Eager. To. Download.
*sitsandwaitsandstaresatscreen*
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Legends Of Illarion is now officially available for download. Please visit the Download/Installation thread to download the game. I hope you will all thoroughly enjoy it.

There's so much I want to say, but after rushing to get all the technical issues resolved with packaging the final product and getting it uploaded for the deadline I made, I guess I forgot some of the things I wanted to say, but I'll get it all out eventually.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

*downloads*
Blay

Post by Blay »

*kills Asmodeus*

Awesome game!
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I just KNOW there's bound to be some huge terrible error or mistake that I forgot to fix in my haste. *waits nervously*
Llama

Post by Llama »

Till now its pure awesome.

That said a big SKIP button would be nice.

Bug1: "Would you like to save" ? Yes
*saves*
"Would you like to save?"
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The sequences switch pretty fast. I'm not a native english speaker and I have a hard time reading the text in text in that sequences such as the intro in time.

Beside of this is a pretty cool game from what I can tell now.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Ps- How do you save mid-game?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I'm not sure I reach the minimum system requirements.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

STUFF:

- The text scrolls too fast. It's hard to read it all. Make a "next" button.

- CREATE A SKIP BUTTON.. some of us don't want to read all the text and just want to playing. Even though you might find that insulting, it's how all games are, you have to respect that or you'll lose some players.

- It's spelled "resources".

- You should jam the player's commands when it's not his turn in battle. It makes it really confusing otherwise (as it currently is).

All in all a good game, what I've seen yet is fairly impressive.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Just discovered that the pentagrams on the ground are the 'save here' things.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Hmm, a complaint

Drahken moves corners too fast - he can change direction very quickly, so given the roof is limited, its incredibly hard (almost impossible) to outmanouver him
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Yes, the auto-text during cutscenes is too fast.

When you save before Chapter 1, it should continue with the game.
Hadrian_Abela wrote:Ps- How do you save mid-game?
On the world map, you can use "Record" in the menu.
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

How do you save mid dungeon? Those little pentagram things? I've tried this twice now only to lose about 3 full hours of progress. X(
Ardian

Post by Ardian »

Lord Arcia wrote:How do you save mid dungeon? Those little pentagram things? I've tried this twice now only to lose about 3 full hours of progress. X(
standing on the Pentagrams and pressing "Space" should help
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Hadrian: Asking you whether you want to save multiple times at the chapter screen is intended, so you can save multiple slots. Just click No when you're ready to continue.

For Drakhen, try to run him horizontally at first, and when he gets near you, try to move back and forth vertically. If all fails, take a 50% guess at which side he appears on, and stay on the other side so he doesn't see you. =)

Nitram: Sorry the text is so fast, but I needed the text to co-ordinate with some of the music. But don't worry, it's nothing really new that's not already in the background story of Moonsilver. Also, only the intro and ending contains auto text.

Alexrose: What's not working?

Llifewonder: Not sure what you mean about battle commands, but its probably something in the default battle engine that I can't change.

Everyone else: Thanks and yes the blue circles are Save Points. Stand on them and press enter. I thought it'd be obvious since they're everywhere =)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Dyluck wrote:If all fails, take a 50% guess at which side he appears on, and stay on the other side so he doesn't see you. =)
I ended up doing that to be honest. Great game, and I find some of the comments IG very funny.

Spent a few hours playing, arrived at the sunken temple at the moment. Was well worth the wait, good work :)
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I thought you were a pretty hardcore gamer, but if you had trouble with that battle, then perhaps a lot of others will too :P Maybe I'll have to make a video later of how to beat that part.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Dyluck wrote:Alexrose: What's not working?
Oh, the setup.exe, but it's not required.

Also, the whole "minimum requirements" thing was a joke, my comp runs crysis on high easy :P .