The Secret Battle

This is a board that contains all informations related to the Illarion spin-off "Legends of Illarion" / Dieses Board enthält alle Informationen bezüglich des Illarion-Ablegers "Legends of Illarion".

Moderators: Dyluck, Developers

AntarcticTiger

The Secret Battle

Post by AntarcticTiger »

During the secret battle with just Dyluck, I noticed that Personal Power only heals 9999 the first time it's casted in a battle, and from there only heals about 3500-4000 afterwards. There are times that I'll have to cast it twice just to be able to survive the next attack.

Is that supposed to occur, given it's incredibly high cost and necessity in surviving the secret boss?

Even at level 99, with the best gear, this fight just seems based on luck, hoping the boss won't use it's strongest attacks repeatedly.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Yes, Personal Power does grow weaker after its first use, because it increases your resistance against various spells, including this spell itself. Even at reduced strength, 3000 to 4000 HP recovery should be enough to cover the last attack, but it was intended that you may have to use it consecutively until an opening presents itself when a weaker attack is used. Of course, even when an opening arrives, you have to judge whether to recover MP for future survival or if you have enough to attack. To take full advantage of your openings, just keep in mind that one of the enemy's attack is elemental, which is possible to reduce to 0 damage if you have 2 layers of protection. Needless to say, you need to use a Wind Potion as quickly as possible at the start, but also if you can choose your commands with lighting quick speed, you can get in 2 moves in a row sometimes.
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

I'd thought about equipping an Elemental Ward r to resist the elemental attack, however doing also rendered Personal Power completely ineffective after the first cast. As I didn't possess the right accessory to mitigate that attack specifically, I opted to forsake that idea and go with a Topaz Ring instead, due to the nature of the boss's physical attacks.

I also did the battle with a Wind Potion. It is a necessity, given that PP heals only for 3000 sometimes, while the boss's strongest attacks can deal upwards of 5500. Considering 2 out of the 5 attacks are capable of that level of damage, you simply have to pray that he doesn't end up using those attacks more than three or times in a row, because even with a Wind Potion, there is no guarantee Dyluck will move twice each time.

If I ever did this fight again, I might consider wearing gear that emphasizes Agility, because honestly I find that the Constitution & Intelligence stats have never made much of a difference defensively. Agility, I will say, is the only stat that I've seen make a noticeable difference in fights.

I finally did defeat him, after a ton of resets and about 80 or so mana potions later. That fight is not something I'd rather ever do again.
Last edited by AntarcticTiger on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

You know what, I just tried the fight again myself, and it did not go the way I remembered it. I think I may have tinkered with some of the attributes at some point without realizing the consequences. I've tinkered it back to the way it's supposed to be now, if I ever release an updated version. Personal Power is actually supposed to give protection against the enemy's attack, so that the max damage it could do in one turn is less than 3000, and only about 20 mana potions are necessary. The fact that you were able to win this battle despite the 5500 damage handicap is nothing short of amazing. I guess being at lv99 has its HP benefits though.

Congrats on beating the hardest boss in the game, when it was unintentionally even harder than it was supposed to be.

By the way, are you using the newest verision or the original version of the game?
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

Hahaha.

Wow. It just felt a little odd that I'd spent most of the battle just trying to survive, never mind attack.

I'm curious though. How would Personal Power go about weakening the enemy attacks, since they're non-elemental? I assume it is possible, given that one of the dragons was taking reduced damage from Dyluck's strongest magicks.

I'm using whatever version was available on RMN on 6-4-2009. That seems to be the date I downloaded the game, anyways.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Despite the fact that they share the exact name and appearance, many spells used by your characters are different from the ones used by monsters. They are different spells in the database which can have their own properties, and in this case, the boss's specific attacks have been tagged with element "X", which Personal Power is supposed to protect against. I don't know exactly why, but somehow I must have changed something, even though I never heard about this problem from others who beat the boss.
AntarcticTiger

Post by AntarcticTiger »

I'm not sure what to say about that. Perhaps they're playing a different version. As I understand it, this game has actually been around since April, or possibly March. Or they simply assumed that the difficulty of the battle was simply as intended. Secret boss battles are meant to be notoriously difficult, and it most certainly felt that way.
zamil

Post by zamil »

80 mana potions? the fight must cost you lots of time too...

Just as you said, even with wind potion, there is no guarantee Dyluck will move twice each time. i guess you always cast "Personal Power" to keep your HP above 5500 or so. well...there's a better way.

Here's my strategy(Lv99. equiped with Renewal ring):
when HP is about 6000 ---> food potion(it also heals MP, big help)
when HP is about 5000 ---> green potion
when HP < 4500 ----> Personal Power
when HP > 6500, MP <650 ----> Mana potion
when HP > 6500, MP >650 ----> Disintergration Light

i beat it with 32 green potions, 12 mana potions, 29 food potions and of course, 1 wind potion, in 20 mins.

By the way, i level up 4 heroes to Lv99 and the others to Lv55 very easily, by the help of Damien's infinite MP trick. haha.. :lol: