The Republic of Callahorn

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Grant Herion

The Republic of Callahorn

Post by Grant Herion »

Greetings men and women young and old,
I Grant Herion have now changed the name of Northerot to Callahorn. Why? Because the kingdom is niether rotting nor is it in the north, rather in the east, a lieing name of a Kingdom is not a good name. So I have renamed it Callahorn. And I will be it's ruler.

King Grant Herion
Last edited by Grant Herion on Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Your a fool.

~Unsigned.~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

The changes and buildings currently planned for Callahorn are now listed:

* A pier leading out into the ocean, for fisherman and just people who wish to look out onto the ocean. On the pier will be a fisherman's stall inwhich a trust citizen will run a market. He will buy and sell fish as well as sell fishing rods.

* A gigantic plot of farming land in the north western portion of the kingdom. It will be large and most of our income will come from that farming land.

* Planting grass over all the rocky terrain, we will buy grass that was bred to grow in rocky soil. This will make our land look better, and also make traveling around much easier.

* Apartment complexs will be used instead of houses, this is because there is not enough land for houses in Callahorn for everyone. Apartment's will be a fair size, and will be inexpensive for the average worker. But you will pay taxes for them, but money will go to futher buildings, and paying for our standing army and home guard. At the moment, the cost for apartments look like five golden ingots or 1250 gold coins per month.

* Two cities will be build, both on seperate parts of the kingdom. To the west, where the farming land will be, is going to be a rural community. Since only farmers will be there basically, housing won't be large and it will not be a very large city or populated I estimate at least.
The city to the east will be built into the jewel of this island. It will be completed modern, shops of all sorts, blacksmiths, carpentery, tailors, glass shop. This will be where I suspect much of the population will be. And that is why it will be a large city with an inn and a tavern along with Apartment complexs.

* A house of healing is planned to be built. There will be the best healers in magic and in druidry. When you are sick, cursed or poisoned, you will come to the house of healing and be healed by the best this island has.

There will most likely be things added to this list.

Thank you,
King Herion
Last edited by Grant Herion on Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

The name of the government of Callahorn will be known as the Republic of Callahorn. The government will be of course a monarchy, however, there will be a counsil with which the King will recieve help by ruling.
There will be:
A King
A Captain of the Home Guard
A Lieutenent of the Standing Army
Three Economic Advisors
Two Master Merchants
A Duke
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Jobs of members in the Government

King- The King will basically be in charge, he will heed what his council says, but he will be the last word on every discussion.

Captain of the Home Guard- Captain of the Home Guard, pledged to defended Callahorn until his death. He will learn everything about the geography of Callahorn so he will know the best ways to defend it.

Lieutenent of the Standing Army- Mightiest of the soldiers in Callahorn, but also cunning when it comes to battle tactics. He will fight for Callahorn and for honor.

Economic Advisors- They will tell the king how the economy is doing in Callahorn, and also collect the taxes for Apartments every month. They will be very trust worthy and wise when it comes to making money.

Master Merchants- They will tell the King who to sell which raw material and who to buy from for the cheapest. They will also be renowned for being great merchants.

Noble- Will be an elected official. He will voice the common people's opinions on topics to the King. He will also count the population of Callahorn at least once during his term, his term will be a single month. The Noble will give the common people a voice that can convince the King of topics.

Truely,
King Herion
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

The Military

The Military will be broken up into two different branches. First will be the Standing Army, second would be the Home Guard.

The Standing Army of Callahorn will be for going on the offensive and defensive when Callahorn is attacked or when it needs to attack. They will be well trained and strong. They will be part of a professional army and their leader must be professional.
They will not go on the offensive unless the King gives them the order. But they must also know that they need to go on the offensive when the King gives them the order.

The Home Guard will be for purely defensive uses. They will be well trained in archery and swordsmanship. They need to be strong to be able to defend our lands from our enemies. They are for defense only because I now many men and women want to protect Callahorn, but will not want to go on the offensive for it.

In the future all members of both branches of the military for Callahorn will be paid with the taxes the Government gets from apartments. And because it would be odd for military men and women to be paying as much for taxes as the common man or woman, the tax will be cut by a quarter for military personal.

King Herion
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

The Standing Army

Lieutenent- (open)

Members-
Thaseus Gaedose
Kruuba
Derinoar Fallvictor
Kale Orton
Lenti
Last edited by Grant Herion on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

The Home Guard

Captain- (open)

Members-
Val de Guaase
Willum
Fooser
Last edited by Grant Herion on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Citizens of Callahorn

Derinoar Fallvictor
Kruuba
Tari Arcalime
Thaseus Gaedose
Val de Guaase
Julian Dunn
Willem
Kale Orton
Ferrari Swifteye
Kurtis Kerner
Drogla
Lenti
Fooser

Write here if you wish to become a citizen.

King Herion
Last edited by Grant Herion on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Properties of Callahorn

Callahorn claims ownership of all the land that was once Northerot, and also lands that were not, they are not used and will be put to use under Callahorn's ownership. These lands will include parts of the desert and some more rocky earth. Not beyond the desert.
Callahorn claims ownership of the Ogre Cave. Since I Grant Herion slew the Ogre King and his men, I conquered that cave. Now I wish to hire strong men to move the rocks blocking the entrance so it can be assesable to those who wish to dwell in it.

King Herion
Kale

Post by Kale »

Put me down as a citizen

Kale Orton
Ferrari Swifteye

Post by Ferrari Swifteye »

I would like to be a citizen. Also is it possible to run for a noblemen?

Ferrari Swifteye
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Ferrari, not til the government is firmly placed.

King Herion
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Some lines were added to the project's scroll...
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

Do explain how ye can be king of a republic, grant.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

I am willing to help with the construction of the smithing shop. Both financially and physically. I am a healthy young man with ability to work in construction.
Randelon Morgental

Post by Randelon Morgental »

What is a Republic? Explain it to me.
How can Grant Herion pay all this, what he's trying to build?
Northerot was not liked by people, because it was ruled by a criminal, but the citizens where mostly non-criminal people, now we have a "Republic" (Whatever that is), ruled by searched criminals who have nothing better to do, than killing innocents.

I'm sorry, but i think Grant Herion is gone mad and this madness makes things even worse.

- not signed-
Kishra_

Post by Kishra_ »

Kishra reads the notes, blinks...reads again, then bursts out in laughter. "Our joke was better though..."
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

To the unknown writers, I will not acknowledge your existance until your are brave enough to write down your name. I do not deal with nameless figures, Darlok did.

King Herion
Kishra_

Post by Kishra_ »

How do we know he is really king? Maybe he just claims it. Remember other persons wo did that. So many people belived it... oh my...

Kishra chuckles and walks away without signing.
Albernon

Post by Albernon »

Ahhh, I still emember the days when Grant Herion was accusing Lyrenzia of not answering questions, self imposing itself as a ruler, and making land grabs. It's good to know that at least being king hasn't gone to his head and taken away his sense of hypocrisy.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Count me in
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Who else is King when the former king is slain? And there were many many witnesses, to deny I slew Darlok is not foolish, but stupid.

King Herion
Athian

Post by Athian »

to bad your so horrible at finishing what you start. don't be surprized Grant. just a warning
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

Who else is King when the former king is slain?
Usually the heir to the throne, Grant, and failing that - a minister.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

But mishrak use your brain, who is Darlok's Heir or Prime Minister. Thank you.

Grant Herion
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Listen,
We were beat today. But we will not pack up and leave. I will not pack up and leave. Darlok won a victory today. We won victories the past two days! I will drive him and his henchmen from Callahorn!

Grant Herion
Albernon

Post by Albernon »

Grant Herion wrote:But mishrak use your brain, who is Darlok's Heir or Prime Minister. Thank you.

Grant Herion
When did Mishrack say anything about Darlok? You asked a question, and it was answered. One would think a prince or king would have better comprehension or diplomacy skills.

Anyhow, I believe he had a second in command named Zerbus, the one who slew 9 of your playmates, remember that? Not that it really matters to me.

At least we can now rest assured that we were right in Grant being nothing more than a hungry power prince who wanted to be king, and not the anarchy or perfect democracy that would supposedly come from his plight against Lyrenzia. It was just his desire to remove any kind of authority anywhere and rule himself to satisfy his own royal ego, and now we can all clearly see it.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Yes, we clearly see that Albernon will do anything to stop Callahorn from growing because he fears it. We Clearly see.
This holds as much truth as what you say about me little one.

Grant Herion
Albernon

Post by Albernon »

Of course we fear the growth of vile filth and a nation of criminals, hence our plight in keeping you away from our town and citizens. It's alright Grant, I know you don't have an actual argument to explain the hyprocrisy of what you're doing, so just keep clawing desperately to divert attention away from the actual points.