The Seekers Second Comming

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aristeaus

The Seekers Second Comming

Post by Aristeaus »

The Order of the Seekers shall be reforming.

Council:
Athian Corulas
Quinasa D'nor
Ezor Edwickton

Alternates:

Members:
Urii Vandos
(Sir) Gannon
Mempriclus
Kurtis
Karmane
Alexandra
Annalea

The guild which closed not long past shall be opening its doors to new recruits and its arms to new friends.
Unlike many guilds those of the Seekers Caste do not stand to protect Trolls Bane from the evil of the North, or to cause anarchy in the South., but to aid all who may need it at time.
All men are capable of acts of good and evil, People within the cause of the North are capable of the same compassion those of the South show, and in return those of the South are capable of the ruthlessness those of the North are said to show.
We are a group of people who believe in the cause of Neutrality, and judge people not for what rumours have them, but from acts we see them perform ourselves.

In the past we were the followers of the Goddes Cherga, And the a Mojority of the Caste still follow the ways of this high Goddess, but as one who follow's hes own path i am not at liberty to write about the teaching of this lady so i shall quote the words of one of her true followers. Here my friends is a more religous aspect of this guild.
Athian wrote:After a long long search its come to my attention how misunderstood my Soverign Goddess Cherga truely is. since the time wence she punished for former followers for there awful betrayal and thusly incidently plagued us with the undead creatures called Mummies/(zombies) My dear goddess Has been looked upon as a Goddess of evil intent. This is as anything a mere facade cast by those mortals who do not understand. As anything there are two sides to this story. Though she may be the Goddess of Spirits and Death it is she alone who responsible for making sure that all who die are put in there respective places of belonging. She tends to souls of the lost as do her followers. Though recently as before, people once again worship her merely for the goal of gaining immortality. I myself care not your reason. nor does my Goddess as some may have taken the time to read.
I feel the time has come to restore My goddess to her former Glory. Thusly I am founding THE ORDER OF THE SEEkER. Thos who join me will learn more about my goddess and become a true Servent of Goddess Cherga. through her one may Learn the secrets of immortality and even necromancy if one chooses that path. Or like myself may become a seeker and help guild lost souls to there places of rest. It is not for I to judge what you do with the knowledge of gain. that is left only to our goddess Cherga and the fates themsleves. we have many goals. I have many goals, the first fo which is the construction of a new temple since restoration of the old is hindered by the presence of the mummies. If you want to know more Join me. I Am available almost daily for those who need. me, or feel free to leave me a message at any time. Thank you for your time. and may you be granted long life by goddess Cherga.
As i have stated before not all members of the seekers are follows of this lady.

Currently we dont have many objectives as we have just been reborn. But we shall still be aiding those upon the isle who need teaching in the areas of Cherga, and to aid them in less religous areas such as craftmanship areas. But mainly at this time we act together as a guild to enjoy the life we have been given and to make much merryment.

We are a not a group of strangers, We are a family

Anybody interested injoining our group, get in contact and we shall arrange a meeting.

Ari§teaus
Order of the Seeker
Last edited by Aristeaus on Sun May 02, 2004 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Seeing that my impatient Brother has already decided to begin the reformation without me. I would just like to add a few things to what he has said. This guild or "Order' persay will no longer be run the way it once was. the formation of a council and sub council will take place soon, though from the looks of our arrangements the members already present on the list will more then likily be acting as the guild council until further notice.
Futhermore this guild will be teaching a varity of skills as well as combat and magic once the time cmoes. this in no way means this guild will exist for the singular purpose of churning out warriors and mages as many have done in the past. Weather a person chooses to leanr of passive or active skills is up to the person themselves. the goal of this Guild is to form solid lasting bonds between peoples of different races and cultures and allow them to share and partake of eachothers knowledge. in the past this guild sought to gain favor through deed amongst the people of the island however this is no longer the case. We no longer seek to impress every single inhabitant being simply that it is not possible, instead we will strive to better our own way of life, while not conflicting with that of others.

Anyone who wishes to join or hear more about the guild please contact myself or any other current member. We may also be having a title change so any opinions are welcome. more will be posted soon about the guild and it's doings, so i ask only for your patients.

Athian Corulas
Order of the Seeker
Urii Vandos

Post by Urii Vandos »

Ah, finally. I have waited for this day, patiently.

You must forgive Aristeaus for his impatience, Athian, for an intense interest in the Seekers was found. Although our list of members is small at this point, there are many who wish to talk to you, and believe they will join.

We should meet soon, at the tavern, and allow all others to join us there for drinks, as they please, so they may learn about us. This will show the inclusive nature of the Seekers. Once there, we can talk more about the possible change of name.

I await this day,

~~Urii the Tailor

((OOC: Also, if you need a webpage, I could work on one.))
Agriran

Post by Agriran »

Hello, im going to consider joining i just want some more information...

Agriran

((i have not been activated yet.. so im gonna have to wait))
Irania

Post by Irania »

Yes, is a good idea to meet and discuss things further. I will try to be less ansy if you all keep me updated as you know I am behind things because of my inabiility to keep my mind on one thing alone. :)

I am looking forward to the chance to meet new people and interact in many new ways. I think that if you are interested though you must keep in mind that we are not partial to anyone or any purpose other than making the island a better place for all of us, not just those we like and those we do not care for quite as much. I think that if more of you join we can make this place wonderful for any future lonely and discontent souls that happen to come our way to make a new life for themselves.

I for one do not care what we are called, as long as we do our parts to accomplish our goal! :wink:
Urii Vandos

Post by Urii Vandos »

Agriran,

I am sure that we will welcome you with open arms. When it is possible, meet one of us; many of us can be found around the town of Trollsbane. If and when Athian sets up a meeting for us, you could join us there too. Another possible way to join would be to send Athian Corulas a letter by dove ((private message)) or by other method. In any case, we will be happy with your correspondance. ((You should probably wait until your account is accepted; that way we can meet you in person.))

I apologize that I did not make more haste to answer your message, but I have found myself busy for the last few days.

A Pleasure,

~~Urii the Tailor
Order of the Seeker
Grant Herion

Re: The Seekers Second Comming

Post by Grant Herion »

Aristeaus wrote: We are a group of people who believe in the cause of Neutrality, and judge people not for what rumours have them, but from acts we see them perform ourselves.[/i]

Ari§teaus
Order of the Seeker
What sort of Neutrality is it when you have mercenaries in your ranks? And one of your founders for that matter.

Grant Herion
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Since when have i been a mercenary prince, no matter, we can talk about this in person i have no wish to start an arguement upon this wall..

Yours Faithfully

Ari§teaus
Order of the Seeker
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

I ment Athian, sorry Aristeaus, I would not backstab you like this after you helped against the hordes. I ment Athian.

Grant Herion
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Athian is a good kid with a good soul. He is just hot tempered and quick to draw.
Urii Vandos

Post by Urii Vandos »

Grant,

I have waited for a time and Athian has not answered, so I will say what I can for the name of the Order and not so much for Athian; only he can speak for himself, obviously. I do not know if your accusations are true, but, for the sake of the topic at hand, I will answer as if they are.

If these accusations are true, they would not interfere with the Order's Neutrality, for, you see, the neutrality goes only so far as we have no obligations to any government, organization, nor even individuals. The job of a bounty hunter is just that, a job; it does not imply any obligation towards Northerot or any other source.

Beyond this, this has nothing to do with the Seekers. Although we are all bound to eachother in respect and a familial feeling, it should be hoped that, as individuals, we are given maximal freedom to do as we please.

I am sure that Athian will explain more for himself, but I feel that if I were to say more it would be mistaken as myself talking for him. That would be disrespectful on my part, for I know Athian is able to speak for himself.

~~Urii Vandos
Order of the Seeker
Athian

Post by Athian »

Here's a list of the Current members of the Guild:

Council:
Athian Corulas
Quinasa D'nor
Ezor Edwickton
Irania

Alternates:
Aristeaus

Members:
Urii Vandos
(Sir) Gannon
Talisien Pen Beirdd
Mempriclus
Kurtis (as soon as revived)
Last edited by Athian on Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Faramier

Post by Faramier »

I see you have reformed, luck be with the new order.

I cannot join, it is not my place, I am not one of your plain anymore.

However I can entrust to you my apprentice, a sage by the name Mempriclus.

I shall watch over you.
Mempriclus

Post by Mempriclus »

I Mage Mempriclus and apprentice of wise Faramier ask to join your order.
Athian

Post by Athian »

I would not mind at all if you were to join us Mempriclus. but allow yourself a few days to talk to myself and the other council members as well as others in the guild. this way you can decide if this is best for you as well as giving we of the council some reference on you before we make a decison.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Athian, I would like to join the Seekers.
Irania

Post by Irania »

Just find one of us and we would be happy to talk to you about it. :)
Tari Ancalime

Post by Tari Ancalime »

Please delete my name from your list.

Tari
Athian

Post by Athian »

Quinasa and Nilo are missing. All Seekers be on lookout for Kurtis, if found be sure to contact myself or any other member. We need Kurtis to secure release no doubt. therefore, if he does not come willingly, use any means nessacary to capture him.

Athian Corulas
Of the Seeker council
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Athian I grow bored, I have decided this guild will be the best for me. I hope you accept me.
Athian

Post by Athian »

well have to talk later, i have a bit of crisis.
Irania

Post by Irania »

You can talk to me if you like, i'll be around town for a while.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Konstantin comes to the Seekers' bonfire, in a weak walking pace, looking tired, eyes down, he is calm. His overcoat open, his hands are up, shaking.
His leather holsters on his chest are firmly closed and strapped, daggers secured.

-There is no need to secure me. This will not help. I am a friend. Do not harm me, otherwise we may never see the captives again. I will help you.
I don't know how yet. This has nothing to do with any bounties on me.
May I sit down?
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Within a tavern in a far of land sits a man, a white cloak strapped across hes shoulders and a large brimmed hat upon hes head, oppersite this man sits an unlikely companion, large of build and with hooked teeth this orc would seem like any of hes kin apart from the fine celestral embroided cloak he wears upon himself.

' As me say Arist, spirits sense trouble on skull island, Lady Quin in trouble, Konstantine involved also '

The orc laughs and takes a large mouthfull of Ale from hes tankerd, The man frowns and takes a sip of hes beer.

' What in gods name is happening back there, Kaja give me some paper and a quil '

The orc squints hes eyes.

' Why me have paper and quil, i be orc, orc's be warriors not writers '

The man features soften and he smiles and proceeds to hold hes hand out to the orc, the orc grunts and hands over hes poutch which hold contains the necessary equipment to write the letter.

Athian my friend, my brother. What is happening with my absence, my companion has been ranting on about trouble involving your lady, my friend.
I also hear rumours about Kurtis, you can trust this man.
I know not what is happening so i can offer no aid, but i can offer my blessings on which ever venture your taking upon yourself.

Ari§teaus, Seeker
Irania

Post by Irania »

I feel sad inside knowing that my sister is in danger and there is nothing that I can do about it. I am relying on you, Athian to bring her back to me. If ever there was a time when I felt completely useless, it is right now. I can do nothing about Quinasa, nor can I do anything about the fighting here on this isle. I do however feel that I can make a difference if I try hard enough. There are many things on this island that I do not understand, and I most likely will not ever understand. Without my sister though, nothing seems possible...
Athian

Post by Athian »

To the Seeker Caste:

Quinasa and Nilo have been freed from there abductors, This is joyace news for I am overjoyed to have the safe return of my Fiancee and A dear friend of mine. So in fashionable Seeker Style..we're going to throw a huge celebration and invite everyone we can find to get Drunk of there arse's. As to time and date i would like to ask those members most active as well as the council for suggestions. and Don't worry i'll be taking care of all of the costs. all our invited once the date is set. To returned Joy!

Athian Corulas
Of the Seeker Council.
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

What about the work I must do?
Athian

Post by Athian »

If it comes to you Val then you'll know everything you need., If not thank the gods you won't get caught up in the rather shady affairs. But i expect you and a few others to be mydrinking buddies on the night or day of the celebration. My mood draws me from thoughts of work currently.

Athian Corulas
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus hears the news of Quinasa's safe return, pulling a bottle from hes pack he opens it and takes a deep mouthfull of the liquid within.

' Good health to ye all '
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Member Section At Start Of Thread Updated.

Sorry about the delay :wink: