Minute-Men Army

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nartak Ironmaster

Post by Nartak Ironmaster »

((
Konstantin K wrote: I still say "we exist because of GMs", not "GMs exist for us".
It's their game, their rules, they made it, and we agree to play it and follow the rules if we like the game. That's why they are Game Masters. Because they do the work behind it. They provide us with a hobby.
Well, that where your words, so respect them, when Nanuk provides us with a "Ingame Time" for our hobby. :roll:
))
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

((
And where did all this sand come from? its dry so sand just pops up? and when theres no quartz sand yet sand is all over?
Where did the sand come from? How about the desert? If it winds towards that direction alone, it would seem pretty logical that the desert would start to expand 'downwards', towards the city.. Which it did. Strong wind can blow sand enormous distances you know. If the winds from south, west and east kept the desert from expanding, their sudden disappearance would cause the only remaining wind (northwind) to spread the sand. The desert *did* expand during the drought quest, and it spread the sand towards the city. I guess you failed to notice it while you were too busy being critical towards the quest in general. Your question has been answered. My first answer also answers to your second question directly, and the third one indirectly.

The quartz-sand did not disappear immediatly after the desert begun to spread. Before the quest, let's just assume that the upper-layers of the desert were quite full of quartz-sand, right? If you are still with me, observe: When the north-wind begun spreading the sand, the quartz-sand was blown away from the upper-sediments of the desert. Part of it was blown straight into the sea, where the rest landed on ground. There it got mixed with gravel, soil, dirt, grass and many other things constantly impurifying it. When most of the upper-sediments containing the quartz-sand had been blown away, the lower sediments with lesser-quality sand surfaced, and begun to spread over the already impure quartz-sand. This changed the impurity-levels so high, that most of it (quartz-sand) really wasn't useful anymore. The only places where quartz-sand can be discovered are the locations where the sediments of it reached deeper than in most of the desert.
Satisfied?))
John Irenicus

Post by John Irenicus »

((It is not the questions of "how long" it's just the question of "how".
If you go to some scorpions and let them hit you 10 minutes without attacking back it's powergaming.
If you go to a friend and let him hit you one hour with a dagger without using any #me it's powergaming (maybe other people don't think so, but I think both examples are totally senseless)))
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

If you go to a friend and let him hit you one hour with a dagger without using any #me it's powergaming (maybe other people don't think so, but I think both examples are totally senseless)))

((using the #me function when people aren't around? I never do that. I mean no one else is there so what is the point.))
unknown person

Post by unknown person »

((read the RPG guide,there it says:

"Stay in exerciseTo avoid loosing the feeling for roleplaying now and then, keep on roleplaying even if no other character is present. You can moan and wipe the sweat from your head when you are chucking wood, even if noone is there, that can see this good show. If you don't do it, you will only be working mechanicaly and will get bored. You will not be able to start roleplaying fast enough if other players come closer."

))
¿Unknown?

Post by ¿Unknown? »

((Let me guess the fish just died because it was hot? I know that the trees growing back was jsut a roleplaying for the full life of a tree but still. Imagine a carpenter, theyv'e spent there whole time playing to become a carpenter (like the Role playing guide says "sitck to one job") there whole life trees have been abundant and then suddenly the trees are gone? Doesn't that ruin the game for them? And what are they supposed to do now, Tailor? They can't tailor to make a liveing there a carpenter not a tailor. Most people went to powergaming.

What about a new person, they start off with a hammer and shovel whcih are useless during this time, and if no one helps them the game is ruined for them as well. The roleplaying guide says not to help people it ruins the game for them.)))
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

¿Unknown? wrote:((Let me guess the fish just died because it was hot? I know that the trees growing back was jsut a roleplaying for the full life of a tree but still. Imagine a carpenter, theyv'e spent there whole time playing to become a carpenter (like the Role playing guide says "sitck to one job") there whole life trees have been abundant and then suddenly the trees are gone? Doesn't that ruin the game for them? And what are they supposed to do now, Tailor? They can't tailor to make a liveing there a carpenter not a tailor. Most people went to powergaming.

What about a new person, they start off with a hammer and shovel whcih are useless during this time, and if no one helps them the game is ruined for them as well. The roleplaying guide says not to help people it ruins the game for them.)))
((The drought was motivation for the affected players [which were more than carpenters] to end the problem. Illarion doesn't focus around skills you know.))
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

John Irenicus wrote:((It is not the questions of "how long" it's just the question of "how".
If you go to some scorpions and let them hit you 10 minutes without attacking back it's powergaming.
((With or without #me, it's powergaming. There is no reason to let somebody or something stab or harm you in anyway. I think, if somebody is going to train with another player, they should exercise, then take a rest with food after fatigue. Lessons should be nice and short. Even still, taking potions while getting hit is powergaming, likewise with healing spells. Potions/spells should be used afterwords, though maybe not, because nobody should be so injured as to take a remedy when they're only training.

Just my opinion. :wink:

Illarion is a game where the GMs want dedicated players to play for an hour or so whenever they get time, and, mathematically, if they roleplay right, follow the rules, etc. and decide to remain a player for a long time, you'll get skilled.))
Kale

Post by Kale »

(( Today as Fooser and I were walking threw town All of a sudden we were both in Jail by Hagen for 120 mins a peice. Now I didnt even see Hagen or he didn't even roleplay You are in Jail for doing... You know so I think that was bad on Hagens part... And also abusing his powers...but I shall take my time in jail for his head has been cut.))
Elise Gutenhof

Post by Elise Gutenhof »

((If you want to discuss about such things please take the off-topic or the general forum!!!!! and now stop it!!!!))
Kale

Post by Kale »

((look at everyone elses posts so please don't tell me to stop it when you are enabling everyone else to do it))
Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

((Enough, the last 5 sites are only OOC. Can a mod please close this topic or move it to a OOC board.))
Last edited by Fedaykin on Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

((I wish people would actually have the guts to answer to matters of discussion rather than cover it up. I'd certainly love an explanation from Hagen about his long-distance jailing, but its going to be locked or deleted before that happens I'm sure.))
Hagen von Rabenfeld

Post by Hagen von Rabenfeld »

((I will only say one thing about this. This will be my only comment so better think about it.

Considering the jailing:
I give as much RP as i get in return.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Maybe you should make an attempt to CATCH him Hagen... it wouldn't be like a murderer/thief/other criminal to actually seek out a guard to give him the chance to arrest him. Give an actual chance of roleplay, rather than killing it before it can start.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Hagen von Rabenfeld wrote:
I give as much RP as i get in return.

((This is what we have guarding the town?

You can afford to RP whether or not someone else "Gives" alot of RP. Just because someone doesent RP to your liking doesent mean "Oh...hes not Rping well...i'll just lock him up anyways" This is why we have so many problems already. Lose the ego, please. ))
Kale

Post by Kale »

((good point we have town guards jailing for far away...Hagen tell me how did you "catch me" did you throw a magical rope? I think sence you showed POOR roleplaying there I should not be in jail))
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

((Actually, I noticed Hagen's double negative

Hagen said he gives as much RP as is given

now I say

If a criminal is RPing badly

Then Hagen jails him from ten or maybe fifteen tiles away

whose the poor RPer and whose the person in the right?))
Thaseus Gaeadose

Post by Thaseus Gaeadose »

((yea maybe for 10 mins, but 120 minutes to two people?

The people who are jailed are Kale and Fooser.))
Kale

Post by Kale »

((yes and Hagen didnt do a bit of Roleplay for the both of us...that shows Hagen should not have a key for he will just use it to his advantage to put us away every chance he gets...and for 120 mins? COME ON!!))
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

((I dont see why town guards would be out of town. If I am reading it right, Hagen went out of town and jailed Kale and Fooser. I just don't see why town guards would leave town to jail Kale and Fooser when both of them havent fought town guards...))
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Kale wrote:would a GM delete this thread the minute-men army is no more fore I am with the movement...and everyone is off topic
Locked as requested and because of massive OOC.