the office of the warlord

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hagen von Rabenfeld

the office of the warlord

Post by Hagen von Rabenfeld »

Infront of the castle of the grey rose, you see a group of guardsmen, pinning a parchment at the wall. Several curious citizens gathered to find out, what this all is about. As you come closer you can hear the citizens whispering about the guilds forming an army. Two hard eyed guardsmen make sure that they keep their distance and await the representatives of the guilds to make their vote.

Dear citizens of Trollsbane

this is the election for the office of the warlord. The respected guilds of our island agreed, that the threat of the horde requires a strict organisation of the islands´ forces. Too many of our warriors shed their blood, because they engaged the enemy in disorder and because it was unclear whose commands have to be obeyed. For this reasons there has to be a supreme general, who is given the right to command the guilds´ forces. Every guild is given one vote. Guilds who arent active, who have no personel at their disposal or include criminals in their ranks will not be considered.

Candidates:

-Grimbard
-Veralion
-Hagen von Rabenfeld
-Shukk

Duties:

-The warlord is responsible for the organisation of the islands´ defense. He will install a chain of command and lead the troops in the field.
-The warlord will make sure, that the guilds will receive help from those citizens, who are able and willing to contribute to this war.
-The warlords foremost duty is to decrease the civilian casaulties. This might include direct orders.
-The warlord will inform the guilds and the public aswell about his decisions.
-The office of the warlord will cease to exist, when the last of the bonelords minions falls dead to the ground.

The election ends at midnight.

~Hagen von Rabenfeld~

((OOC: Please do not answer to this thread if the guardsmen wouldnt let you to the parchment. If you are unsure if they would, PM me. You can also discuss the announcement on the black board of Trollsbane, the RPG-Board.))
Sun Long

Post by Sun Long »

Here is the result of the choice from the Grey Rose

We vote for
  • Hagen von Rabenfeld
Sun Long
Countess and Treasurer of the Grey Rose
Shukk

Post by Shukk »

Traurig und blutbverschmiert kommt Shukk zu dem Pergament und reisst den Zettel wieder ab. Die Horde ist besiegt.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Its a bit late to be voting considering the Horde has been defeated...

Grant Herion
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Veralion

~Paul Laffing~
Asteronor

Post by Asteronor »

Shukk
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Why are you voting? The Horde boats are gone. There is no need for a Warlord Leader any longer.

Grant Herion
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

The excuse for taking over may of left, but the real reason remains.

Unsigned.
veralion

Post by veralion »

Bloodskulls Vote fer Chief. Veralion.
Hagen von Rabenfeld

Post by Hagen von Rabenfeld »

A sort message is pinned under the parchment

The battle is won. Installing a warlord is not longer necessary.

Mourn those, who have fallen, because this wasnt decided earlier.

~Hagen von Rabenfeld~
Sun Long

Post by Sun Long »

You should have listened to Landen and me...

Sun Long
Countess and Treasurer of the Grey Rose
Damien

Post by Damien »

Considering the fact that if the horde returns one day, or any other threat comes up, the city will need time for restructuring a working defense, perhaps a kind of inactive militia could be a good idea. In that case, a defense organisator would be needed, to start and coordinate training and test activities from time to time.
Reservists could put up a working defense quicker.
Zarthaz

Post by Zarthaz »

How about a Milicia?
A part of it could be active for a time.........
And soldiers are often needed, for example, if the Town Guard can't
handle a situation (The Townguard has my fullerst Trust and Respect!).
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Damien, you are doing exactly what Hagen wrote wasn't going to happen. The office of the Warlord would cease to exist once the threat was gone. The threat is gone. Do not claim more power.

Grant Herion
Derinoar Fallvictor

Post by Derinoar Fallvictor »

Grant you knew it would happen why even fight it.......

`Hamlet~
Athian

Post by Athian »

well it's not to bad an idea, consider it an emergency power that we elect and vest to a single person 'in case' of a large scale conflict arising. in no way should it effect the lives and activities of guilds and there members under any circumstance other then a full scale attack on the island, and should not be put into play if the problem is an internal conflict between different guilds. defensive of citizens in cases such as that should be left to who ever is put in charge of common based defense, not a bad idea at all

Athian Corulas
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Athian, you wouldn't have a vote. Only those in guilds that the Warlord deems acceptable...

Grant Herion
Athian

Post by Athian »

i didn't ask for a vote did i Grant?
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Athian wrote:well it's not to bad an idea, consider it an emergency power that we elect
Sounded like you thought you had a vote.
Athian

Post by Athian »

was a collective we, i still consider myself part of the island as a whole, Grant why are you trying to start an argument over a stupid thing like wording. you and i both know it doesn't matter, i didn't write to bicker with you. now stop it, your getting annoying

Athian Corulas.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

The whole island doesn't get to vote on the Warlord Leader that leads the whole island. That is my point. I think we should stick to what was originally writen. If the Horde returns they will give us warning, a whole week, to decide to give them slaves or fight them. A whole week to vote.
Not to mention, Damien, that the next time The Horde attempts to attack the island through Northerot, it will not be welcome, and it's King will not ignore them or make alliances with them.

Grant Herion

ps, Sorry Athian, I was just trying to make a point.