The Ship ((Free to join))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian stares after having his crossbow knocked out of his hands. the string has been snapped and a small mark on the wood has been left. but thanks to his enchanted dagger Lumis(white) there is not to much damage to the actual structure. Athian retrieves his crossbow while Kurtis shouts something over from the other vessel. he pulls the second dagger out of the side and tucks his Crossbow away. feeling much stronger now with the surging power of the two blades. he watches carefully to see what will happen next taking a semi guarded stance so as not to be taken by surprize again.

"he's good...decent really." Athian mumbles angerily and watches on.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

-As you say, Aristeaus! This is your fight. I am trying to save lives here. His life in particular. If he injures you, he will die instantly. It is in his best interest to surrender. He has no chance of killing anyone of you! His only option is to lose - either be killed by you, or by me.

Konstantin keeps his aim on the Captain, and follows his head no matter how Houk moves around. The tip of K's crossbow is almost like glued to Houk's head.
Konstantin puts his back against the vertical maste pole, so that nothing can hit him from behind.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

As the mast came down Carahawen covered her head with her hands to protect herself from the splinters, so her sight was covered for one moment.
When she removes her hands she suddenly sees captain Houk's foot coming towards her head. She tries to dodge it, but the captain manages to hits her hard against her left shoulder. Feeling a sharp pain running through it she sways one moment and tries to hold herself upright. When she gets back her balance she sees Arist fighting with the captain. Grinding her teeth she grabs her wand, in the same moment she hears K's words and adds:

"...or by me..!"

She grumbles and watches the fight closely, ready to speak a deadly spell every second.
*Why, by the gods, 'shall this be fought with blades', I see not a sense in it....strange humans...*

Then a slight grin spreads upon her lips and she starts to cast lightnings behind the captain to restrict his possibilities of moves and to distract him.
Pirates

Post by Pirates »

The swordsman Aristeaus parried Houks attack well, stepping back to calculate his next move. The Captains arm twitched to attack again when over the din of the last fighters aboard the Elven ship, the bold and shouting voice of Konstantin called his name. Houk paused, his eyes glancing up and over the shoulder of his cloaked opponent only briefly. Give up! Did that Idiot think the great Captain Houk would yield to a coward who even admitted such just because he had a crossbow. No no, he would rather take the bolt than have his name tarnished. He was all about to shout curse to the man when Aristeaus’s hand rose to pacify his friend. The Bowman backed down as Houk chuckled. ‘I like you sonny, you got balls,’ he spoke to Arist then immediately swiped out with a forward step for his throat. Just as he did a crack and blast of wind surprised him a little, Carahawen’s small lightening bolts scorching the Captains cloak and wooden deck behind him.

Back on the deck of the Elven ship Swift wind. The fighting was coming to an end. Most of the pirates had been slain or wounded though not with out taking a hideous number of the Elven with them. Still a few of grit faced fighters determined not to die fought on. One of them having had his sword torn from his grasp by the falling body of the Elf he had just stabbed it through. Snatched up a bow and a half-bent arrow. He notched it and was all about to let it loose when a comrade thumped him on the arm and pointed up at the mast. The Bowman Pirate aimed as best he could and let the arrow loose at Konstantin K.
Last edited by Pirates on Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dwarf

Post by The Dwarf »

Below the deck of the Great Merchant, the heinous, villainous criminal awaited to be found. He knew his day would come, but by the Gods, he wasn't going to let him be taken without a fight.

He held tightly onto his war hammer, and with twisted grin roared:

"Come find me, bastards!"
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

"Ouch!"
The half bent arrow hits Konstantin's arm, and gets luckily stuck between the tiny rings of his light chain shirt under his coat.

He quickly determines the shooter's direction, and point his weapon there.
-That is a thirty ingot worth overcoat, you son of a dog...

Konstantin fires a poison bolt into the pirate's chest to knock him out. He quickly aims back at the Captain, who is now more visible because of Carahawen's lightnings. Konstantin reloads.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah, who could barely defense herself against the invaders, carrying the bow, hided in a corner, leaned against a wall, watching the happenings. She is just able too see two dwarves attacking two elven warriors that do their job quite well when suddenly her heart begins too beat as fast as it never did before the moment the Bowman Pirate grabs for the bow on the ground.

"Danger!" she thinks.

She gets up quickly out of her position and and screams out her thoughts confused:

"He is in danger!"

But in that moment she sees that the arrow could just harm him a little bit and calms down for that moment.

She looks towards the "Great Merchant" and wonders what to do next and decides to step on top of one of the cabin roofs again to look for her friends.

Looking towards Konstantin again she shouts:

"Darling, you made me loose my breathe! Never do that again!"
Pirates

Post by Pirates »

An Elven archer slammed into the side of the cabin Zarah stood on, his hands gripped tight around the throat of his pirate attacker. The Pirate, a human male only a little shorter than the Elf, Smashed his head into the man's face. Blood gushes from the stunned archer’s nose. A few more blows and the Elf slides down the wall to sit unconscious on the floor. The Pirate spat from his bearded lips on the elf's face then looked around for another fight. The battle was not going well for the pirates, there were not many of them left alive as three of the Swift winds crew made for the Pirate below Zarah, swords held high. The cold chill of fear touched him as he looked for an escape. Zarah caught his eye. Jumping up he used the Elf's head as a foothold and climbed on top of the cabin to garb Zarah and use her as a shield.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe sat up on the rail and begin tapping his fingers on the wood while watching arist fight the captain.

"Cmon Arist... stop holding back

Salathe was itching for a fight
Athian

Post by Athian »

((as much as i've enjoyed this little adventure, lets stop dragging this out and finish alrighty.))
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Hearing a faint sound, of a voice, Moathia runs to the end of the ship, and brakes down the door into a large store room, and at the other end, her eyes focused on a dwarf, with a large war hammer.

"You, surrender now, your ship is lost, your crew dead, your captain dead, you are the last one alive, if you want to live, drop your weapon." she orders.
Pirates

Post by Pirates »

( If that is what you wish Athian then I will do just for you. While I understand the fight is not short I would hardly say it was dragged out in a slow and boring way as I feel you imply, though that is just my opinion. I assumed obviously wrong that everybody should have a decent go at joining in on the fighting and interacting however they saw fit. (Not everybody can get on the forum as much as you.) Just as I assumed that the main reason for this quest was for a good hardy fight. Though as a thought, why do you not move you character into combat with the Captain there is nothing from stopping you, like wise you could go after ‘The Dwarf’ the character the quest revolves around. Or pretty much what ever else you wish to do.

Captain Houk has little or no importance to the quest nor do the all but dead pirates, he is mealy there to give you the players a ‘boss’ type char to add a little flavour and body to the story. )
Last edited by Pirates on Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dwarf

Post by The Dwarf »

The Dwarf raises his chin and appraises the elf from head to toe. His grin quickly turns to a grimaced look and he charges at Moathia, screaming bloody murder. He is determined to end the woman's life...just like...
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

"If it is death you wish dwarf, then so be it!" She shouts as he charges her, and screams her own battle cry "Gurth gothlye."

Moathia runs at the dwarf, and as he brings his hammer down, she jumps to the side, and spins past him, swinging her staff, and hitting him in the back of the head.

"Ahhhhh, you little whore!" he screams, and runs at her again, bringing his hammer down once more, she steps to the side, and brings up her foot, to kick face. A sickening crunch is heard, and blood runs down the dwarf's face from his now flat nose. She brings her staff down on his hand, and crushes it between his hammer, and her staff.

"Last chance dwarf." she says "Give up, or die.... Slowly"
Athian

Post by Athian »

((all fine to me mister pirates. since you haven't been here since the very beginning fo the story. posting as 'Pirates' anyway, i doubt you realize the true lenght of this story and even if you do thats well and good. but the fact remains that the story does drag at certain points and there have been many occasions to end but did not for the benefit of eveyone getting a chance to enjoy the story. so how long do you intend we wait. as for my character he's done whats he's ocme to do and i'll rp him how i choose but for that fact i could just type "Athian kills the Captin and sinks the ship the end' but instead a AM allowing others to have part in the story. it had a fine and good run but i know more then a few of us who are eager to get our characters back to trolls bane. if that doesn't apply to you thats fine i'm not asking you to change whatever you want to have done. feel free.))

Hearing the sound of combat below decks Athian makes his way down the stairs as the captin and Arist fight on. Upon arrival he see's the dwarf and Moathia standing over it looking a bit ruffled.

"Moathia...you okay?" Athian asks as he moves closer. There isn't much to look at when he peers down at the dwarf again. "Well..you got him... so what do we do with him? there's no way he can fight by looks of his injuries.." Athian keeps an one eye on the dwarf and one on Moathia.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

"He is still alive, though only just, I take no pleasure in killing him, take him up to the deck, and let the others enjoy themselves, though he is not to be killed, he must be allowed to live, and to know pain, every day of his life, great pain, and that pain, he must remember whyhe suffers it." Moathia says, and grabs the dwarf by his beard, and starts to drag him above deck. " All the pirates are dead yes?"
Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian follows Moathia up the stairs to the main deck.

"we've got one more to deal with Moathia. but he won't be here much longer." Athian watches on as the last of the fighting continues.
The Dwarf

Post by The Dwarf »

The Dwarf lies on deck and watches the devastation around him, he is barely conscious but can just about manage to do one last thing. He wont allow himself to be tossed about like a toy. From his boot he takes out a small knife, and as the other's eyes are trained on the final battle, takes it to his throat and...

irony n apparent perversity of fate or circumstances

See also, dead dwarf
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Moathia looks at the human and sighs. "Give up now, if you value your life, our goal is achived, no more blood I wish to be spilt, you and your crew, what is left, are free to go, if you surrender and have them return to the ship."
Pirates

Post by Pirates »

( A fair enough point Athian, save for the "Athian kills the Captain and sinks the ship the end' )

The fight between Houk and Aristeaus was hard fought, despite Carahawen’s magical distraction. Both men even matched in sword play and brawling leaving their marks. It was then a sudden false move by Houk, caused by the bright flash of mages lightning was to be his down fall. Aristeaus seizing the moment pulled off a perfect parry riposte catching the Captain in the throat. His hands came to bear on the wound as his eyes looking to the swordsman in disbelief. He felt to his keens and toppled sideways dead.

The bearded pirate had scaled the cabin, with one knee up and over he grabbed Zarah’s ankle. Just as he did he felt a scratch on his back. Quickly glancing back to look his eyes widened with fear. An Elven arrow stuck up from his back. His fear was short lived, another arrow cracking into his skull and ending his life.

The Elven pirate Willyan licked his lips. Not long now till the woman Ayalla passed and he would have his blade in her. ‘You filthy sea scum,’ came a voice close behind followed by a burning pain in his back and through into his chest. Willyan turned to the sight of an Elven warrior, his bloodied sword in hand. The Pirate made to swing his sword down but to his surprise his arm was limp and hanging to his side. Willyan opened his mouth to speak, blood oozed out as his eyes rolled back. He fell to the floor in a heap dead.

The rest of the pirates lay dead or dyeing, not a single one of them save for a young boy, giving them selves up. The lad stood up high on the sail mast of the Merchant have come back across during the fighting, nothing more than a mop on the end of a wooden pole to defend him self with. It trembled in his grasp. The sight below of the two decks was a nightmare. The wooden decks looked like blood was oozing from the gaps in the planks. The bodies of the hacked up dead floating in it. The lad swayed slightly dropping the mop. What would he do, he could not give him self up they would surely kill him, torture him, he had heard stories about the sea elves. But then again where could he run too? What an end to have to be witness to. All he had done was what he had been asked to do. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes calming him self. He believed in the gods, maybe now was the time to meet them, maybe they would be friends and sail the blue skys together no more misunderstanding and complications in his life.

A shade of brown flashed past Athian but inches away from him bringing with it a sudden rush of air. A sickening crack and 'thunk' of wood instantly followed. Lying at Athians feet was the broken body of the mop boy. Blood trickled from his nose and around the lips of his open mouth as his dead eyes looked up at him and Moathia.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

At that, Salathe gets up and turns on teh railing and leaps back to the swiftwind and looks for Ayalla

((BTW who played the pirate? was it helios?))
Last edited by Salathe on Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Moathia looks down on the bow, and bends down over him. "It was not supposed to end like this child, this blood shed, was not as I planned, rest easy now." she says, and closes his eyes and picks him up in her arms. She looks down at the survivors of her crew. "Clear the bodies, wash the ship, and set course back north for Trolls bane." she calls out, and jumps onto her ship, still with the boy in her arms. She takes him into her cabin, and washes him, before placing him on her bed, and leaving again. "Search the Merchant for anything of worth, then burn it, bring it aboard, the crew may keep it, and do as they please with it. Once everything is done, we leave." she says, and grabs a bucket and mop, and starts to wash the blood from the deck.
Ayanah

Post by Ayanah »

((this is the final post for this quest))

Epilogue

Another realm, far away from Troll’s Bane, perhaps in another universe, where all is calm and heavenly…

A woman, wearing a dress intricately woven by the man she loved in another existence, watches her one-time friends perched on an ephemeral light source. She smiles softly upon them and pulls a long strand of blonde hair behind her ear. She sighs contentedly, and begins to pluck the strings on her harp, producing a beautiful melody, complementing the fluffy and happy environment around her.

Bloody likely story…

Another realm, far away from Troll’s Bane, perhaps in another universe, where all is fiery and torment…

A woman, wearing a dress intricately woven by the man she liked to hit over the head with stick in another existence, waits for friends to send the bastard dwarf and Captain Houk to her. Both materialise in a fiery eruption, and Ayanah’s face lights up.

“I was wondering when you two would show up”

Ayanah raises her blade and slightly tilts her head, the twisted grin, twisting more-so.

“Boys…during my short stay down here…I’ve become quite popular with the locals.”

Ayanah gestures to six demons behind her.

“So….how shall we go about this…Hubert here,” she gestures to a particularly scary demon, “enjoys flaying…shall we begin?”

Ayanah always was fond of payback.

Fin
Last edited by Ayanah on Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

After hours of cleaning the ship finally gets under way, the ten suriving crew men sail non stop to Trolls bane. Upon arrival, everyone but the crew and Moathia depart from the ship. Moathia talks to the crew, thanking them, and asking them to give part of the treasure to the family of the fallen men. Then she goes to her cabin, and lifts the body of the boy. She buys a shovel, and digs a deep hole for him. She carfully places the body into the hole, and fills it up again, she then makes a wooden cross, and with a dagger she inscribes

The last crew member of the Great Merchant, and the one with the fewest evils in his heart, may he be welcomed by the gods, and treated justly, for his death should never have been. May his spirit rest eternally in bliss.

Moathia stands up, and looks down on the grave, and lets her tears fall to the ground, and she blesses the grave.

"Sleep well child." she says, and walks away.