The Ship ((Free to join))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian stirs in his room and wonders if they've finally found the ship, he grabs his bow and crossbow loads two quivers of bolts and arrows and heads up the stairs to the deck. he strokes gently the shiny blue scale in his pocket.

((geea paul where'd that come from, you just popping in to make trouble..heh))
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Konstantin quickly takes the box, but he hears the bell before he can open it. He puts it in his inner pocket.

-Battle call! Zarah, stay inside, in the halls, but keep the hallway doors open, and listen carefully. Come out and help ONLY if I call you.

Konstantin kisses her and runs out, equipping his daggers. He stops by his dark room, drinks a potion, and takes the wooden carved duck. Puts it in his pocket.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

"Is it the Merhcant?" She calls out.

"We don't know, it's to dark, and if it's not the Merchant, we don't want to fire a flaming arrow at it, incase they think it's an attack lady." Someone shouts back.

"Ok, everyone, ready your bows" she shouts, and turn to a single elf, "You, go to the edge of the ship and tel us when you see it's name."

"Yes ma'am" He calls back, and runs to the edge of the ship.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah nods seeing him taking the box and sighs unhearable.

She begins to pull on a very comfortable leather outfit that gives her much freedom of movement.
Taking all of her bows with herself she leaves the room quickly. Looking around a corner to see a mast far away, she says to herself:

"So, this is how it's going to start..."
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Konstantin opens a small bag on his belt, he takes out a few wooden parts, a few iron nails, and takes a spring-action bow-shaped piece of red wood, folded in half at a point of a metal joint. He takes an elastic string out of his coat pocket, and soon assembles a small mini-crossbow.
He opens up his coat, and it turns out that the coat's inside is basically planted with small pockets full of tiny bolts.
Each bolt has a sharp metal tip.
On the left side of the coat, each bolt tip is dipped in dark fluid - fast action poison.
On the right side - bolts are dipped in slow action posion. In the belt bag - there is an antidote for that one, in case of a mistaken shot.

He aims the crossbow into the darkness, where the ship's outline is getting more clear.

Konstantin squints and looks carefully into the darkness. He can see the deck of the ship.
He is very sure that there are no people on the deck. The deck is empty. He sees no movement.

-People, there is no one on deck. They must be hiding behind railings. Be ready..
Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian pushes into the line of archers ruffly, upsetting a few of the elven archers with his method. He laughs as he looks through the line and back again. catching sight of kurtis also aims.

"Remember just because i'm the best shot here, doesn't mean thats a reason for you all to miss." Athian says, trying to ire his elven counterparts. "speaking of which, where's Zarah, she's the only one of you cross eyed with any aim."
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah walks quickly towards the halls, looking around every now and then to look for the ship.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Having gone to bed to get some sleep after a little talk with Arist, Carahawen wakes up as the alarm bell rings."

Hm, seems something is happening, finally. Lets see what it is."

She jumps out of her bed and takes her leather armor, then hesitates and takes her chain mail instead.

"Might be better this time..."

She quickly buckles her sword and a bag full of potions, grabs her wand and her shield and rushes through the hall crashing into Zarah.

"Ouch, I am sorry, do you know what's happening?"

Zarah quickly informs her about the facts.

"Oh, well then let's go outside and if it's really the Great Merchant... "

she slams her fist in her open hand and her eyes flash wildly.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

-Not sure about this, Athian. She is in the hallway. She had never killed anyone in her life, I'd hate to put her through this shite... What is trivial for us is a very big thing for her. But if she decides to come up too, you know I can't stop her.
However, I would rather have her bring us arrows, then putting her out on the front line where she can be shot.
Actually, Athian, I am not sure about this ship either. I still see no movement, people. But it's closing on us. Obviously someone is driving it...
Unless... Unless it's a decoy ship, and the real ship is somewhere behind us. I feel trouble. And i don't want to get shot today.

Konstantin steps away from the front line, and comes to the maste. He hides behind it, and climbs a few ropes to get himself a higher elevation. He gets to a horizontal plank of a maste, sits on it, putting his back against the vertical pole, he grabs the maste tightly with his legs, and awaits in his aiming position.

-I don't want to send Dermott on recon, he might get shot. I say we fire a few arrows into the sails, so we make holes in them and slow the ship down. It's going to ram into us. And if they are planning to board us like this, they must be fools...
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah nods to Carahawen:"Sure sure"...she says thoughtfully looking into the direction of the halls again and then towards Carahawen again when she hears Konstantins words.

"That's not true Konstantin" she shouts looking up to him.

"You saw me saving this elv with my bow. I can do that again..." she takes a deep breathe "when I know that it is the right thing, when I know I save a precious life, then I can..." She sounds certain.
She turns to Athian, nods to him and steps towards the line of archers, preparing her bow.

Taking a look at the coming ship she says

"The ship is quite slow, I feel Konstantin is right..."
Aristeaus

hehe

Post by Aristeaus »

Hearing Cara slamming the door Arist eventually wakes up'

' Wah, where, why, Bell's, Bell's arnt good ,'

He rub's he's eye and climbs out of bed.

' Armour, Armour '

He stagger's over to where he's plate rest's and fits it on, then he run's to the corner and grab's he's sword and bow.

' oop's, bow no arrows, Arist your a gem, '

He shakes he's head and make's he's way to the door when a little voice in he's head utters a warning
Plate, Water, Plate Heavy, Water, Plate Heavy, Water.
He stop's in he's track's and rubs he's chin.

' Hmm, maybe i should wear my leather. '

Arist nod's to himself and start's to get changed..
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks past the line of archers at the boat. He turns around an sits ontop of a barrel and moans

"Boooooooring"
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

"It's the Merchant!" Cries the look out.

"Open fire!" Moathia shouts, and fifty arrows are dipped swiftly into flames, and let loost upon the Merchant, the sails catching fire, and shouts comming from the ship.

"They have oars." The lookout calls, as the ship still continues towards them.

"Prepare to be boared" Comes a shout from the ship.

"Go to hell." Moathia shouts back, "Fire!" another volley of arrows head towards the ship, and this time screams can be heard, followed by a volley back from the Merchant, killing a small number of elves. Followed by grapling hooks, and in the darkness figures can be seen trying to board the elven ship.

"Shoot them as they come." Moathia calls, "Once they get on board, take up your swords."
Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian who has not fired his bow thusly. runs back past the line of firing elves. nearly taking an arrow in the chest shocked him into motion. He weaves between the other archers and takes aim, not aiming for forms but for the grapples lached onto the ships. one by one he lets his blue flecthed arrows fly, and with a ping of metal against metal the hooks fall into the sea. still as one archer alone he knows that he cannot hope to stop every single boarder in this manner. he feels about his side for his short sword. whcih is tucked tightly in a scabard, he noddes to himself. and hopes he'll be able to find his blue arrows after it's all over.

((FINALLY))
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah concentrates on her bow totally. There is only the bow and her. She doesn't look around anymore, but feels that all of her elven friends around her think the same, have the same aim, feel the same.
When Moathia called out for the next volley of arrows she sees that she or her neighbour shot someone from the other ship and tries to stay relaxed...when her neighbour got hit suddenly. The scene, seeing him falling, seems endless for her, but just dures some secons actually. She takes a quick look towards the "Great merchant" again and her elven eyes manage to see the archer. It's a fat dwarf in a huge armor beginning to prepare his bow again. But Zarah is faster.

The archer falls.
Aristeaus

Boarding

Post by Aristeaus »

Arist struggles into he's leather outfit and admire's himself in the mirror.

' Well the leather look's not that bad i guess, '

He starts to smile to himself when he's thoughts are interupted by the sound of scream's comming from the deck.

' Oh my god, Cara '

Arist throws himself to the door and starts to run towards where the sounds emerged.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen standing behind the rows of archer clutches her wand thightly and raises it. Her clear voice sends spells out into the pirates' rows.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian himself interevened on the first wave of Dwaves to come aboard, now trapped between the enclosed side of the deck and two dwarves, he chuckles to himself and wonders how something so short can be so strong. another swipe of an axe narrowly avoided by a rather imprompted dodge of throwing himself back first and flat up against the deck, puts him into panic mode. Almost without thought his crossbow his up pointed and fired at the first dwarf. which drops like a stone on the deck. but Athian has no time to sigh in relief as he rolls across the deck avoiding a blow from the second dwarf.

"could use a hand here someone!" he calls out as he again rolls to avoid an axe having no time to stand on his own he can only hope for help.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Finally... but where Ayalla?"

Since theres to no time to look, he gets up and heads to where the dwarves boarded.

"Heh... dwarves..."
Aristeaus

Dwarf

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus bursts through the hold door's to see the sight of Dwarfs swarming across the deck with the elven sailors and he's friend's fighting them back.

' Could use a hand here someone! ,'

Arist turns towards the fighting and see's Athian on the floor with a Dwarf holding an axe above him, acting swiftly Arist reach's within he's cloak and withdraws he's hand in a fast jagged motion in the dwarf's direction.
The Dwarf put's he's spare hand to he's throat with a look of bewilderment in it's eye's a small trickle of blood starts to run down the pirate's neck and chain armour, the Dwarf slowly pulls it's hand away to show a small dagger no wider than a knife used to cut one's food sticking from it's windpipe.
Last edited by Aristeaus on Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian stands and brushes himself off, finally having a slight moment to catch his breath, the fighting is all around him now. but it's intensity varies place to place. he makes his way over to arist and smiles sadly. putting his bow down and taking up his crossbow and pulls a dagger that had currently appeared to be engraved in the side of it. the second side also comatins a dagger. but he doesn't bother to reach for it. he stares over at the dwarf he felled with a bolt. chuckles and smirks. seeing that indeed there is no sign of the bolts entry.

"Danm i bounced it of his helm, or maybe it was his thick skull. waste of a fine bolt i'd say...well back to it." he says and rushes in to rejoin the battle.
Pirates

Post by Pirates »

‘Steady as she goes,’ demanded Captain Houk as he leaned on the rail, foot tapping with the anticipation of the fight. Houk was a tall man, 6-ft and broad of shoulder, his round face suiting his stocky build. He was every inch a pirate save for having two good eyes. Houk cast his watchful eye over the deck. Most of the men sat huddled under hatches, behind barrels and the like, anything they could find to shelter from. All but the few of them were old dogs their blood tainted with the salt and tar that came with the hard life. The rest stood with the few crossbows and bows they had aboard. Captain Houk was hands on man, “if your going to fight” he would say, “do it eye to eye.”
A voice called down from the nest. ‘I can see… a good few people around the glow of potted fires C’apin.’ Houk grumbled as he shook his head pulling fourth his sword from the scabbard. ‘ I only got these sails restrug,’ he cursed to the man beside him. Who returned his look blankly not wishing to worsen the captain’s mood. ‘All right heads up ladies,’ he bellowed with a chuckle his mood swinging instantly. There was something about danger that aroused good humour in the burley man, the sight of glowing tipped arrows being held high on the ships deck ahead being just that.

All heads looked up as fireflies trailed their lazy arches from the ship to the Merchant, the bright orange glow reflected in the sea below. They thudded into the wood, tore through sail and for the unfortunate few, flesh. The sails caught light and burned with a gracious ease. The light illuminating the deck and sea. ‘GET them ruddy oars going,’ bellowed Houk down a small hatch. The drumbeat started from the hull and the ship continued on. The ships were closing now and angled to pull along side, the Merchant's oars snapping on the hull of the Elven ship. Both crews exchanged a volley of arrows and bolts for a few score of men. Then the salty dogs, under a gruff shout from Houk made ready to board. Hard faces looked up and around, swords, axes, grappling hooks, even lengths of nailed wood glinted with the burning sails behind them. Then the ships moaned and creaked as they rolled up against each other. ‘All aboard the boat to paradise,’ yelled Houk flashing his sword to point at the ship. He waited, watching the scene unfold having every confidence in his men.

Ropes and grappling hooks flew up and over the rail as men began to climb and swing across with wicked and wild screams. Arrows shot out with impeccable aim taking pirates in all areas of the body. Some fell screaming hands clasping the wound, others were dead before breath passed their lips. The few oar men from the Merchant surged up from flung open hatches and join the battle replacing the dead. The fight had begun. A group of Dwarfs armed with swords and a metal pole went for Athian, the others a mix of Humans, the odd elf and a sprinkling more of Dwarfs surged after the others and crew.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Arist watche's Athian run back onto the Fray.

' Allways the boy ,'

Arist chuckles and draw's he's blade. Where would Cara be, Aristeaus rubs he's chin and look's about.
A crack of thunder greet's he's ear's and a flash to the left draw's he's attention to a lightning bolt searing across the deck into a group of Dwarf's.
Aha there she is.
Arist make's he's way across the deck in a carm fashion, sword held infront of himself looking from side to side.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

The dwarven Captain watches from afar. His first mate is next to him.
The captains wonders aloud:
"Do ya think the magical thing worked? The damned drow said it would."

"Not by the looks of it, cap'n. Never shoulda trusted magic to do steel's work."

"True words, true words."

The only seafaring dwarves they could find ((Interesting, to say the least)) continue to board the ship.

Meanwhile, the captain of the other boat ((The one everyone's on, forget the name)) runs to his cabin to get his ceremonial sabre. He pushes the door open and is faced by a big gaping hole where his desk used to be. He looks down it and can see all the way down to the holds. He scratches his head, grabs his sword, and runs back out.

The magical item burnt through the floor of the captain's quarters and everything below it, but quickly went out as it struck the water in the holds. The elven crew had mostly fixed the wall where the ship was hit, but had missed some spaces in their haste to finish. Water had seeped in, fortunately, saving everyone on the ship.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe sees the dwarves swarming the deck. He makes his way the stern where a small group of elves are defending themselves from dwarves. He picks up a barrel and throws it at the dwarves. It crushes one and the others turn and grumble at Salathe. He stands on the rail of the boat as the dwarves come. He sticks his halberd ontop of the rail and unsheaths his sword. He springs from the rail over the dwarves, landing with his sword swinging into the back of a dwarf. He grabs the end of the dwarves axe and flings it up into another dwarf, and with his other hand takes his sword out of the dwarf and leads right into another. The other elves come in, finishing the dwarves on the stern. He sheaths is sword and takes his halberd from where he stuck it.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Back on deck Athian armed with dagger and crossbow, continues to fight on. having knocked out 6 enemies and yet someone not managed to kill a single person Athian parries the blows of a large pole as he accends the the maste to get a higher vantage point. as he looks across the water he can see figures now standing on it's deck. he smirks and pulls from his quiver ten arrows tied loosly together. an idea he'd experimented with some days ago. he makes sure that at least four of the arrows are notched tightly in his bow takes aim and fires toward the enemy ship. the arrows fly with grace but the metal tips make them top heavy and they look as if they will miss there target. but with skill or luck the thread holding the arrows snaps under the wind pressure of the shot and the arrows seperate mid air, the now serval lightened 'missiles' pick up a bit more height and begin to fall onto the enemy deck. Athian claps his hands and nearly falls but smiles all the more at the fact that he managed to clear the deck of his own ship without harming anyone below.

"who need a boat full of archers when ya got me!"
Aristeaus

Pirates

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus slowly make's he's way through the crowd without confrentation,
Not much further to the ship.. Damn
A Drawf come's towards him with a evil grin upon he's face and a sword raised, Arist raises he's blade and speak's a word in a harsh tone,,

' Illuminatus ',

Set's of runes running up the blade edge start to glow and flame's start to surround the once dull blade..

The Dwarf's eye widen in shock, which give's Arist enough time to strike he's blade past the dwarf's defence's and slowly slide it into he's mail clad chest.
As the body fall's to the ground Arist make's he's way towards the edge of the ship and to where the Great Merchant stand's it's vigil at their side..
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe runs up next to aristeaus

"You goin over?"
Aristeaus

hehe

Post by Aristeaus »

(( Will arist jump over, will Paul sink the ship or will Athian finally manage to hit a target with he's bow. Tune in to tommorow's epsiode of ' Kill the Pirate's ' . On a serious note, can no one end this fight till everyone upon the ship has had a few contributing post's within it. Till tommorow my friends :-) ))
Pirates

Post by Pirates »

The Human, Dwarf and a few elf pirates were swarming around all and everybody. Shouts, shrikes and curses filled the salty air as blood from the dead made for slippery footwork on deck. Captain Houk watched from the wheel aboard his own ship. His eyes scanning the fray for those that shone. He had been in many a boardings and watched countess more. Fate had a funny way of playing tricks just as certain fighters had a canny way of staying alive. His hand came to bear on his stubbley chin rubbing it as he continued to watch a straw haired Aristeaus. The man moved through the fighting with the calm and deadly grace of eagles unchallenged by any. 'We might just meet later me and you,' he murmerd half in thought.

A few pirates made to take down the blond haired Athian, one sweeping a blow at the man only to be parried as he ascended up the mast. The pirate made after the him scaling the mast right behind. There was a 'thunk' as he made to reach up for a hand hold. His arm did not move. The sea dog choked then fell backwards an arrow through his back and into the heart.

Houk’s attention was caught by a lizard, Though he could not quite see Salathe for the rigging. He saw enough to anger him. Dwarfs fell to murderous sword blows in a spray of blood, one having being knocked senseless before hand from a tossed barrel. ‘ Get over there your mutts!’ Bellowed Captain Houk, ‘Take the ruddy stinking lizard down I want a new pair of boots,’ With that he slammed his fist on the wheel.

The rest of the pirates continued to fight the elven crew, picking and choose targets where they could, it was all out kill or be killed.

( Note to players, the Pirate ship (Merchant) is all but empty save for a few pirates scutteling about on deck and Captain Houk by the wheel. There is also a mystery man below decks, though lets hope you make it that far. The sails are still burning up on high. It is not going to sink unless someone other than Paul has a magic of the gods. I did not want to end the fight till everybody had a good chance to either participate or move below decks and hide. )