The Ship ((Free to join))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Salathe

Post by Salathe »

((lets just get this quest over with =( ))
Athian

Post by Athian »

((honestly, i want to get back to town one day.))
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

-No weapon of mine would look that bad. Plus I do not use swords.

Konstantin opens his cloak for a second to reveal two holsters with gemmed silver daggers.

-Yes... very expensive... However I remember Drogla sharpening that sword...

((How many more ports do we have to check out? I don't mind the quest, but yes, it will have an end sometime, hopefully. *dreams of sea battles*))
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

((i left cuase i got sick of this quest...which i took little part inhow long would you say the boat ride back is ina good, small ship? a few days?))
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Are we gonna leave this port anytime soon?"
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Arist draws back he's cloak to reveal he's scabberd and sword hilt.

' As you can see i keep my blade on myself. '

He release's hes cloak and let's it fall back into place.

' Im going to get some rest while you work out who this sabatour may be. '

Arist walks to cara and tap's her nose

' Farewell people and good hunting. '

As he finish's he's sentance Arist turn's about and walk's towards the cabin's
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

" I hope so, Sal, I don't think we can find out here anything more. We should set sails as soon as the ship is fixed. I don't want those dwarves to escape."
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Sitting upon he's bed Arist ponder's.
We are getting no closer to what we came to do..
Time grow's short..
Something need's to be done..
Arist stand's and walk's over to the chest beside the dresser.
Desperate time's call for desperate measure's..
Arist reaches out and run's he's finger along the § symbol upon the side of the chest
Some times the past reache's out to claim those who try to avoid it..
Aristeaus sighs and unlock's the chest, opening the lid he starts to remove he's usual item's until he has a space uncovered at the base, Arist reaches in and press's down hard upon the bottem, a small click is heard.
Maybe people cant escape the past..
The bottem of the chest starts to slowly slide out.
Hopefully after this the past will stay the past..
He reaches in the small compartment and withdraws a black cloak with a silky texture.
Arist sighs and reaches in once more and removes a ring with a black diamond embedded within.
Hopefully this should not take long..
Donning the cloak and placeing the ring upon he's finger Arist closses the secret appartment on the chest and make's he's way out of the cabin.
Now to get some information...
Arist make's hes way silently from the ship and walk's towards the town.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

A runner comes to Moathia and informs her the ship is ready to set sail.

"Tell the captain he set sail when he is ready, now that the plan has been put into action, it will only be a matter of time untill The Great Merchant gets us, Ayalla killing that man make the rumors more interesting, no doubt they are already informed that we are chaing them, and no doubt they wil hunt us. Tell the captain to drill the crew for combat training. I think that we shall meet the Great Merchant earlier than I had thought."
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

A runner comes to Moathia and informs her the ship is ready to set sail.

"Tell the captain he set sail when he is ready, now that the plan has been put into action, it will only be a matter of time untill The Great Merchant gets us, Ayalla killing that man make the rumors more interesting, no doubt they are already informed that we are chaing them, and no doubt they wil hunt us. Tell the captain to drill the crew for combat training. I think that we shall meet the Great Merchant earlier than I had thought."

The runner runs off, and a bell rings, informing everyone that the ship will be leaving very soon.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen hears the ship bell ringing and nods contently.

"I'll go inform Arist that we leave, hope he isn't asleep yet." she says to her friends.
"I am sure he wants to know this at once."

She then walks down to her cabin and opens the door silently. It is dark in the room but her sharp elven eyes see at once that it is empty. She enlightens a candle and looks around spotting the chest with the § on it with the lid standing open. She glances into it but doesn't see anything unnormal.

"Hm, where has he gone now again? I hope he hadn't one of his ideas." she sighs quietly.

Carahawen steps out of her cabin taking the way back on deck through the mess hall, where he isn't either.

"Oh I hope he isn't back to town", she mumbles.

She walks once around the whole deck then over to the others again and informs them.

"Arist isn't in the cabin nor in the mess hall or on deck... and I can't think of any place where he could be else...except he has gone back to town. So we have to wait until he is back or we have to search him on the ship."
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Arist pushes the door open and look's within.
Yes this would be the place, air filled with smoke, sailor's and other misfit's sitting and shouting at the bar, games of chance being played upon table's and cursing so loud that the god's themselves could hear it.
Pulling hes cloak about him Aristeaus walk's to a small table towards the corner and take's a seat.
After a short while a serving wench comes over.

' What's yer drink .'

Arist look's up at her

' A glass of your best wine, and dont keep me waiting,'

Arist turns away and examines the oppersite wall.

A short time later the maid returns with a glass of murky looking wine and place's it on the table,

' 20 gold, '

she holds out her hand impatiently and glares down at the seated figure.
Arist reaches inside hes cloak and pull's out a clinking bag, placing it upon the table he open's it and removes a few coins and place's them in the outstretched hand.

' Here and be of with you wench, '

He picks up the still full bag and replace's it in he's cloak.
Silently sipping the drink Arist think's to himself how easy this all is.

A short time passes and Arist finishe's the vinigery tasting wine and stand's
Now comes the hard part..
He make's hes way to the door takes a look behind him and then exit's the tavern.
Soon as he's cleared the door Arist ducks and see's the club swung from he's side narrowly miss he's head.
Damn im getting slow..
Arist launches he's elbow to the side to be greeted with a sickening crunch, stepping sideways Arist turns round to be greeted by the sight of 3 men dressed in black garb, 1 of them laying on the floor clutching he's ribs, the other two standing behind him looking shocked, but still armed with dagger's.
So predictable, the tavern maid must have gone straight out back after seeing my gold and informed these goons..
The other two after thier moment's shock look to each other and raise thier dagger's, one turns to the other

' There only be one of him gus, should be easy, '

Arist stands back and reach's hes hand inside he's cloak.

' Ok let's take i'm together, '

The two thug's advance towards the lone figure, the one going by the name of gus make's the first move.
Leaping forward gus thrusts he's dagger forward in a stabbing motion only to see the figure suddenly pull a silver dagger from within he's cloak and sidestep the out stretched arm, trying to turn and meet he's victim gus find's the silver blade held against he's neck.

' Ok you two drop your dagger's ,'

Arist stand's carmly with he's small blade held against the thiefs neck.

' And help your friend up, '

A small clunking sound greet's he's ears as the dagger's fall to the floor, pushing the man away from himself Arist look's upon the two men help thier companion to he's feet.

' And dont get any idea's my money grabbing friends,'

Saying this Arist pull's he's cloak aside the reveal he buckled sword.

' The reason you still live is that your of use to me ,'

Pulling the black stoned ring from he's finger he flip's it towards the man closest to himself who catche's it swiftly.

' Give this to your guild master, i'll know if it reach's him, beleive me ,'

The thief who caught the ring just look's upon the black cloaked figure infront of him and nod's.

' You will find me within the tavern, as no dount my presence will be required ,'

Smiling Arist turns he's back upon the trio and walk's back through the door's whence he come.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Moathia looks at Cara and thinks.

"Go and find him, you have half an hour, we leave with or with out him then." She says
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen looks at Moathia and frowns.

"Half an hour, alright. If I am not back then, would you leave with out me, too?"
she replies looking a bit annoyed.

"But don't worry, I'll have him back right in time."

She turns to the others.

"You please search him on the ship, I'll be back in half an hour."

She then rushes off the ship towards the town.

*Where would I go if I was Arist, hm...obvious: a tavern. But which? I just won't be able to look into every tavern in half an hour.*

She hurries over the market place, and suddenly stops and slaps her forehead.

*He won't be in any tavern we have visited yet. And we were in many, so there can't be much left.*

She leaves the market place and turns into one sideroad she was sure she hasn't seen before. Her way leads her to a quarter without many lights. She lays her hand on her dagger sticking in her belt and rushes quickly through it. From far away she can hear voices and laughter.

*Ah, there has to be a tavern.*

Quickly she goes on realising some dark figures watching her and shouting after her.

"Hey lady, so alone this late at night? Aren't you afraid?"
"Woohoo, babe, come stay lets have a nice night."

She just rushes on without listening, the voices and laughter become louder and she finds herself in a run down quarter with some taverns.
She walks to the nearest and tries to look through the windows but doesn't see much. Frowning she opens the door and peers into the room her elven eyes quickly searching the room.

"Not in here", she sighs "Would be too much luck, wouldn't it?"

She peers in nearly all the taverns around in the quarter but has no luck. Her time feeling tells her that she is running out of time.

"Barad, barad!"

she mutters and walks to the last tavern losing her hope. It's in the furthest corner and the most run-down one. On the shield stands: "The Borken Keg".
She opens the door noisily and rushes into the room ignoring the looks the people throw at her. Her eyes quickly jump over every face and keep hanging at a figure in a black cloak sitting in the darkest corner.

*Hm, no he has no black cloak, as far as I know*
she thinks, but risks a second look catching a glim of his face this time....
"Hey, do you know that Moathia wants to leave without you and me if we aren't back in about five minutes? And can't you say a word before leaving? You always get into trouble when I am not with you, you know that."

She tries to look annoyed but can't hide an expression of relief.

"By the way, what's that black cloak and why do you sit here and drink wine ...- wine?! -..."
she stops and frowns as she sees he didn't have his usual beer.
"....instead of sleeping peacfully?"

Arist doesn't has the chance to answer, because a figure is coming stamped towards the table. Carahawen quickly turns her head.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Arist sit's sipping he's wine thinking about what's to come.
If this goes as well as it has so far i should not have a problem..
The crash of the door being flung open catches he's attention and he look's up to be greeted by a beutifull elven maiden standing in the doorway frowning at him.
Oh no...
Hearing more commotion he turn's again and spots one of the men he fought with earlier making he's way toward's the table.
Oh no...
The elven lass no other than he's dear lady Carahawen make's her way toward's him and starts to speak about the ship leaving and remark's on he's cloak.
Arist smile's fondly,

' You came to get me , Oh and th.. '

when a deep voice from he's side interupt's him speaking

' Here be yer ring sir, aye the boss said te take yer to him when you finished yer drink. '

The figure passes the ring over to Arist, who in return swiftly pocket's it.

' No need my good man, ' Arist replies

' This was but a test, my ship leave's soon and ill be greatfull if myself and this lady were not interupted on the way to the dock .'

Standing Arist take's Cara's hand and whisper's in her ear

' To the ship my dear, i owe you much for collecting me, but can we speak about this when we know we still have a ship to sail upon .'

He place's a kiss upon her cheek, and then turn's and nod's at the man.

' G'day '

Arist and Cara leave the tavern and make thier way back toward's the ship.

' I did not realise the repairs would be completed so swiftly '

Upon reaching the ship the couple Board as the Warning Bell's begin to ring.

' Just in time.. '
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Moathia signals the captain just as the two of them get on board, and the ship pulls out of port, she then turns to the crew "Be ready, you know what to expect." She says, and walks down to her room, before walking back up and talking to the captain on the bridge, "If anyone spots a ship near us, ring the alarm bells, if it is the Merchant, good, if not, then it's good practise."

She walks down to her bed room, and gets into her bed, and closes her eyes.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Up in the crows nest Athian sits pawing at the blue scale that Zaroph had given him. how had he known exactly what was needed, and for that matter why had he cared...that Athian couldn't understand. all he knew is what it would do, he'd used it once before on command of Zaroph the first time he'd been heading to Trolls Bane. now he would use it again.

Athian stands up, feeling the boat shifting under him. he wonders if everyone has gotten aboard safely. instead of sitting on the question, he pulls himself over the side of the crows nest and climbs down toward the deck.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Right back on the boat Carahawen steps over to Moathia.

"As I told you: Here he is, after half an hour, right in time."
she grins broadly and then turns to Arist her face getting serious again.

"I think you owe me an explanation, my dear. What was this thing about a test? You just leave for testing someone? Ehm, sorry, but... I want to hear a good reason for that, that looks too weird to me."
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

My hands are already itching for some dwarf killing...

Konstantin smiles evilly.

You have to promise me my deserved shot at an offender. Carahawen and Aristeaus probably deserve the first shot, because it's Cara's sister. But Zarah and I surely deserve th second.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian catches sight of Moathia and Carahwen, but doesn't wander over to them he stands at the side of the boat staring over into the water. The he yawns. overexcitment mixed with bordem have been tiring on his body, and yet will not allow him to sleep. Athian shrugs and listens to the group from a few feet off.

((feel free to post ya lazy bums...gotta get this thing movin ya know))
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe leaves walks up on the main deck and looks off the side of the boat. He sees another school of flying fish jump out of the water and glide across the water. He smiles to himself as he watches them fly back into the water and leave his sight
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

-Don't eat them, Sal.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

When Zarah sees that all of her friends are back again she smiles.
She grabs on the little wooden box in her bag Garnella gave her, smiles, and touches Konstantins shoulder, but stops thoughtfully in her movements then.

No, if this all is over I will give him...
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Konstantin turns to her.

-Mm? What is it, darling? - he whispers.

He quickly notices something in her hand. He questionably nods. -What's there you got?
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

She quickly puts it back in her bag:
"Nothing, nothing my dear..." She smiles innocently and shakes her head.

"There is something, I saw it..." he says

Zarah whispers something in his ear.

She takes his hand and pleases him to follow with the look in her eyes...
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Konstantin starts to follow Zarah, but then suddenly stops, and rapidly turns around... He shakes his head, seeing nothing he was looking for.
Just the same people from the ship crew. He looks carefully again around himself, and falls into a deep thought. He awakes from it in an instance.
He rubs his head and his eyes slightly.
He looks like he almost forgot something, and only now remembered.

-Umm.. nothing, it's just the same thing I told you about before, Zarah.
The kids... and ... the rest of it. I think I just saw... nah, nothing...

Konstantin remembers the black cat. He can't help drawing a parallel with Ayalla's cat.

"What a Great idea! There's gotta be grain on this ship, or fruits... wait, Brendan Mason is a pie-maker...."

Konstantin puts the thought away and follows Zarah, still looking behind him, cautiously.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah looks at him thoughtfully for a moment then leads him into the cabin they share sometimes.

Carefully she closes the door and lights up a candle for the cabin is very dark. Her movements are fast and well coordinated because of her elven eyes. She lights the candle holding it between her and Konstantin. He can see her face better now.

Putting the candle on a nearby table she grabs for the little box in her bag again. Its wood is dark brown and decorated with a lot of ornaments. She holds it infront of his face and says: "For you my dear." She smiles and looks at it "Open it"
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

In the middle of the night, the elven watchman scans the water around them, and in the darkness he spots the outline of an other ship sailing towards them. "Sound the alarm!" he shouts to the man below him. The bell rings, and quickly the elven crew assemble with their bows, and Moathia walks out dressed in full leather with her bow in one hand, and a staff in the other. "Ring the bell again." She says. "It will get our guests up." The bell sounds once more, getting everyone's attencion.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

((Okay, I left a lot of room in this quest for some excitement, like a storm, or the ship taking on water slowly and then sinking or you needing to drain it or something, and no one seemed to want to take the bait... Oh well.))

The sword lies in the captain's room. As sunlight streams down upon it, t slowly starts to glow and the wooden desk beneath it melts. It was a trap! This was no human sword, but a magical decoy, maybe put on the ship when it was being loaded and then taken out during the voyage. It bore two letters on it. GM.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe hears the bell and he turns from where he is standing and sees the crewmembers sounding the alarm

"whats going on?"