The Ship ((Free to join))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Moathia waits untill everyone is off before going to the bridge.

"You have half a day, I want you to have a full search of the ship, starting from the top down, use the whole crew, they'll get the job done faster, if you find any problems fix them." She tells him

"Yes ma'am" He replies.

Moathia walks off of the ship, and goes to the nearest pub.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Konstantin and Zarah are among the first ones to come down on the shore. K lets Zarah walk in front of him so that he can see her, and helps her with her bag of arrows.

-Are you sure you want to come and not stay on the ship?

Zarah nods.

-Alright, just be in my sight, and if our group is attacked or starts fighting, which is most likely since we are going to war here, get away from me and hide somewhere safe. Between the buildings or something, hide in a shadow. I told Dermott to watch over us, he will notify of danger if he sees it, but if you get in trouble, shout his name, and he will come to you and lead you back to the ship.
Do not get lost, and if you see something evil, don't be shy to use that bow. Put an arrow in, and fire it right between the eyes.
This isn't Auverne, Zarah, things may get dangerous.

Konstantin kisses Zarah and lets her go from his arms. He waits for the rest of the crew.

-Alright... it's time to concentrate. Where is Athian? Where is Aristeaus? Where's Sal?
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen, with Arist and Sevious walking right behind Konstantin and Zarah clears her throat.

"Well, Arist is here next to me. Athian is still on the ship and Sal, hm... isn't he still sleeping? Anyway, best is to split up in groups, so that we can get most information as quick as possible."
Aristeaus

hehe

Post by Aristeaus »

Arist walks beside Cara with a smile upon he's face, at last hes of that damn ship. He turns to Cara at hearing her words and winks.

' Ahh yes small groups are a good idea dear, why dont we find the tavern to start with. '

Arist looks to Kurt

' And yes i'll be carefull my friend. '
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen laughs and turns to Arist.

"At ports there are usually quite a couple of taverns and inns.But you're very right. We should go to some taverns, the keepers usually know much about the ships and crews that land in this port."
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Ayalla paces restlessly, and wants to get off the ship. After awhile the noise dies down and the movement of the ship is gentler. She checks in the mess hall for Sal, but not finding him, Ayalla goes above decks and sees the ship has docked.

Hmmm...now where did Sal go...

Ayalla looks about on deck and trips over Sal who is lying on the ground fast asleep. Ayalla bends down and tries to shake him awake without much success when Tiger jumps on him and nips him, wakihng him up a bit. Ayalla chuckles and picks up the cat. Sal rolls over, mumbling something about wanting more shiggity shwa. Ayalla shakes him again and he sits up and rubs his head.

Ready to give me swimming lessons?

Ayalla grins and helps him to his feet.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Once on his feet, Salathe stretches and looks around.

"We finally reached the port"

He looks back at Ayalla and smiles.

"Sure, we can spend some time teaching you how to swim"

Salathe walks to side of the boat and scans the port town. Seeing some shallow waters not to far away he turns back to Ayalla.

"We can do it over there"

Ayalla put tiger onto her shoulders and follows Salathe off the boat. They come beach next to the port. He turns to Ayalla and says...

"Ready?"
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Ayalla looks a bit unsure.

Ummm...isn't there a special outfit or something you use when you go swimming, or ,well, that humans wear?
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah nods to Carahawen.

"Good idea."

She looks to Kurtis and asks:"What about us checking the small tavern over there? As far as I can see it's called "Whales Maw Inn".

She looks toward a shabby looking wooden house with a door hanging wrong in its hinge.

"Do you see the blue whale on it's roof? It's looking like it would be too heavy for the inn and crashing it ever minute." she grins.

The inn's door opens and a drunken sailor gets out mumbling ing something about
"Bilk", he staggers "Dumb host calling me a bilk...I will tell you what..." when suddenly someone throws a green bottle after him almost hitting his head. "Ehrm..." he staggers a few steps back and lays a few coins on the bar.
Then he staggers away.

Out of the tavern the group can hear the guests singing
"What shall we do with the drunken sailor...".

Zarah takes Kurtis hand.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Hmmm... shy are we? Its alright, im sure we can find something in town"

Salathe and Ayalla head into the towns marketplace. They walk into a large square where there are numerous merchant stands scattered about. While walking through the large crowd, Salathe spots some powdered flying fish hanging from a stall. He begins to druel and absent mindedly walks away from Ayalla. The fish is then taken off the stall and sold to someone, and Salathe begins to realize he lost Ayalla

"Doh..."
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Ayalla had been so busy searching the stalls for something to swim in that she hadn't noticed she had lost Sal until much later when she was at the edge of the massive marketplace. Looking around frantically, Ayalla shouts Sal's name but there is no response. Ayalla starts searching up and down streets calling his name until she realizes she is lost and in a bad part of town. She finally comes to a shabby little building called Madam Tuco's Brothel House. Ayalla hesitates; she needs directions but she doesn't want to enter such a vile place. She notices a group of men outside, circling a woman who is shouting at one of them for something. The woman appears to be one of the brothel girls and the men look like a gang of some sort. Suddenly, one of the men punch the woman she falls down, and the man kicks her. The man is smirking and the woman lies on the ground, silent. Ayalla stays back, not sure what to do. She can't fight all of them off without her armor, but she will try. Ayalla takes a deep breathe, all thoughts of a swimming outfit gone from her mind, and only a determination to save the woman. She steps out of hiding and calls out to them.

Leave her alone!

The man who seems to be the leader looks up and, seeing Ayalla, smiles in a way that rather unnerves her. He grabs the woman's hair and drags her to her feet. First he talks to the woman and then turns to Ayalla.

"Go on you wench, we just found a better piece of meat..."

He shoves her to the side, and she falls to the ground, but scrambles to her feet, looking in confusion at Ayalla. The woman is wondering why Ayalla is putting herself in danger in order to save her. The woman runs inside.

"Hello my dear...if you want, you are welcome to join our little party."

All of the men turn to look at her now and a few shout cat-calls. Ayalla ignores them. A few of the men start towards her. Ayalla unsheathes out her firesword and stares at them coldly.

Good of you to let her go, you bastards. Hurting a woman who isn't even armed, that is low...

"Oh, I see you have a nice little weapon there my dear...but your sword is no match for eight men."

The leader smiles at her coldly, and the men advance. Ayalla readies herself for a battle when suddenly a large woman comes out of the house, followed by the brothel girl. The large woman looks furious and yells at the gang.

There will be no fighting on my property! And you boys haven't payed your bill for the past month now! Get off my property and don't come back here!

Ayalla looks uncertain and watches the leader of the gang carefully. He looks like he is about to argue for a moment, but he turns and walks away, in Ayalla's direction. As he passes he says something under his breath that only Ayalla can hear.

"Watch your back, my dear. We'll be watching and waiting for our chance..."

Ayalla resists the urge to slice off his head, and lets them pass. The large woman calls out to her.

Come here, girl. You look like an outsider. Are you lost?

Ayalla nods and walks over to her to get directions.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks around frantically for Ayalla. He leaves the marketplace and looks at the beach they were at before, not seeing her there he looks back at the port and scans the docks. Still not seeing her, he looks back at the town. He runs up to a house and climbs on some barrels that are stacked next to it, to the top of the house for a better view and begins looking for Ayalla.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian wanders the area the market place looking about at all the items for sale. Though all he's found are some fruit thats he's never tried before. strapped to his side is his crossbow and with only a few spare bolts to go on. the people of the area regard him with a look of distrust, which he can only expect since is is a stranger carrying weapons after all. He wanders over to a nearby fishermen, an onlder man who seems like he might know the area well. the man spots him and smiles. waving him over leisurly.

"is the fishing good around here?" Athian askes the man. he shrugs back and responds.
"As well as can be expected i guess. you seem to be new to the area, am i right?"
Athian is about to answer the man stands and walks off. Athian merely shrugs, not sure what he could have done to offend the old man. then he turns and begins to walk toward the south, heading away from the port where the ship was docked.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe still looking through the market sees athian on the opposite side, leaving the market. Salathe begins walking southwards on the rooftops, until he realizes hes a lizardman holding a halberd running ontop of a series of buildings. Not wanting to make anyone suspicious he latches his halberd to his pack and gets off the house and makes his way throught the market over to athian. Once athian is in sight Salathe stops and shouts...

"Athian!"

Athian turns around to see who is calling his name. When he sees Salathe he walks over to him.

"Ah, Hello Salathe, what are you up to"

Salathe looks at Athian and sighs

"Ayalla and I were in the market, and i lost her... i dont think shes very good at finding her way around unknown places... we need to find her"
Athian

Post by Athian »

" Salathe, stop taking my sis places if you can't keep track of her." Athian says with a shrug. "where can we look, i've only recenlty ...er come off the ship."
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe frowns and looks at Athian

"I know Athian... i didnt mean to lose her..."

He shrugs and turns to look at the town

"I dont know... she could be anywhere"
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

"Now that you have directions do you need anything else? Are you looking for employment? You are always welcome to come here if you ever need a job--"

No! I mean, no thank you, I have plenty of money...There is one more thing, I was wondering if there was a shop that sold some sort of outfit used for swimming...Do you know of any?

Madame Tuco, the large woman, sits and sips from her tea. The brothel girl Ayalla intervened for, Hasha, pokes her head in.

"I couldn't help overhearing what you said...there's a shop down the street called Mystical Mimi's. She's a friend of mine, tell her I sent you. If anyone has what your looking for, she will."

Ayalla smiles gratefully and stands up. She shakes Madame Tuco's and hand and smiles at Hasha.

Thank you both. I'd better get going or the people on my ship might start wondering where I am. Take care and good luck in your...ummm...business.

By the time Ayalla leaves night has decended. Ayalla leaves the building and starts walking down the street towards the small shop at the end of the street. Out of the corner of her eye, Ayalla sees a movement in the shadows, and whips around, her hand instinctively grabbing the pomel of her firesword. Ayalla relaxes when she sees it was just an alley cat. Tiger, still perched on Ayalla's shoulders, hisses at it and it runs off into the night. Ayalla reaches the store and opens the door. She almost reels backwards from the heavy scent of incense in the air. The store is small and cramped, all sorts of miscellaneous items packed onto shelves. Preoccupied with the interesting collection of junk, Ayalla doesn't notice the small, elderly woman swathed in bright gypsy robes approach from behind her silently. A velvety voice speaks in her ear.

Hello stranger, could I interest you in some of my magical foams and sprays?

Ayalla is a bit disconcerted that the woman was able to sneak up on her so easily, but pushes it from her mind.

Oh, no thank you ma'am. I was sent here by Hasha. I'm looking for some type of outfit for swimming.

"Ahhh, all right...let me see what I have."

The tiny woman disappears and returns a few minutes later with a couple bundles in her arms. She puts them down and picks up the one on top. She unfolds it and preceeds to describe it.

"This is a fine lizard man suit complete with webbing around the fingers and feet--"

Absolutely not! Um...what else do you have?

"Well, I only have one other thing that would work. It's a demon skin body suit enchanted to dispel water. Very durable, keeps out the cold that is present in all the waters of the sea with such a thick skin, but still quite flexable. Very expensive, very rare."

The gypsy woman, Mimi, unfolds a rather dusty skin, but even in the dim light and a layer of dust, it glows with an unearthly aura. Ayalla carefully touches the skin and senses a strong enchantment on it. She takes out her water flask and pours a few drops of water on it and the water rolls right off. The skin is indeed that of a demon: deep, blood-red and about a coin width thick.

May I try it on?

"Of course! Just be careful with it."

Ayalla goes behind a moth-eaten, silk screen in Mimi's store and changes into the demon skin swimming outfit. Ayalla goes in front of a cracked mirror and looks at herself. She wears very well-tailored, tight fitting suit that extends from her ankles to her neck and has long sleeves.
Ayalla stretches, and besides being warmer than usual she feels as though she has as much mobility as if she wasn't wearing any clothes at all. it fit snugly and was definitely a good fit, as if it had been made for her.

How much for it?

"Well, considering how rare and how exquisitely made it is...I would say fifteen silver ingots."

Ten ingots.

"Fourteen."

Twelve ingots.

"Done."

Ayalla pulls out her money bag and hands over her last twelve ingots to Mimi.

Thank you, Mimi.

"No, thank you stranger. What is your name?"

I am Ayalla. Take care Mimi, I must be on my way.

Ayalla smiles, tucks her new swimming outfit in her bag, and heads out the door. She walks quickly in the direction on the market, hoping no one is worried about her.
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Ayalla, preoccupied with her thoughts of finding Sal and getting back to the ship, fails to notice the dark figure slinking about in the shadows behind her. She continues on to the marketplace unaware of her stalker in the darkness.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Ayalla wrote: "This is a fine lizard man suit complete with webbing around the fingers and feet--"
((Uhoh, Muten is going to be mad that someone stole that from him))

Paul, well out of town by the time night descends, decides to sleep in an open field. Bats flying overhead and the noise scare Paul into taking an axe out of a bag of some supplies he bought and walking over to the nearest tree. He raises the axe and slams it into the tree as hard as he can. The axe disappears. He looks around and mutters:

I don't think this adventure stuff is for me.

Paul sighs and lays down a couple of dozen yards away from the enchanted trees. He pulls a blanket he bought over him.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe, now roaming around the city looking for Ayalla, see her walking towards to the entrance. He lets out a sigh a relief and he sneaks up behind and hugs her from behind

"Yay, i found you"

He looks at her and smiles

"Sorry about about walking off like that... But now, i wont let you out of my sight"

He hugs her again and brings her back to ship
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Konstantin dodges the drunk man, and puts Zarah out of his way.

-Wait outside. - He whispers to Zarah and enters the tavern.

The tavern is dimly lighted with a few candles on the walls, and an oil lamp above the bar. Overall atmosphere of twilight, usually so comforting in taverns, somehow seems intimidating in this particular place.

The word "Bad" is in the air.

The room smells like strong liquor mixed with male human sweat.

A few customers are sitting at the tables, some of them are singing. Most of the population are drunk or nearly passing out.
As soon as Konstantin's hooded figure entered the building, a few men finished their drinks, stood up from their table and left, throwing coins at the bar.
The bartender smiled with a dull smile. He was a very fat bald man in his fifties, and he was wiping a glass with a rag. Konstantin notices a huge ring in the bartender's pierced nose. A ring about as big as an apple, a bull ring.

-Welcome, honorable guest! He-he-he... - the fat bartender laughed, revealing his missing front teeth.

Konstantin throws an emotionless cold exploring look all over the place, without saying a word or taking off his hood. The bartender notices his glowing gray eyes and stops laughing.

-Look who just got breazed in the door... - a voice from the tables says, chuckling.
-What a nice outfit fella, what are ya, a corpse? A-ha-ha-ha... - another voice adds.
-Sure looks like a corpse, all black and skinny... he-he-he... Haven't seen that one before... hehehehe....

Konstantin ignores the comments and approaches the bar.

The bartender breathes at the glass and wipes it again, looking through it at the bottom. Assuming the glass is clean, he slams it onto the bar, invitingly.

-Care for a drink?

-I am looking for any information on the dwarven ship named "The Great Merchant." Did she stop by in your docks?

-Dwarven,eh?... - The bartender puts the glass away.

Half of the people in the tavern stand up and walk away. Some of them crawl away. Konstantin takes a look at Zarah who stands in the doors outside. None of the exiting people had touched her, but a few men looked over her from her head to her toes.

-What are ya, a bounty hunter? - bartender asks
-No.
-Well, it figures. You're too direct for a hunter...
-So?
-I don't know what ya talking about. If ya looking for trouble with pirates, I'm not helping ya. I can help ya to loosen yer head though. Whaddaya want?
-I'll have some ale.
-Here ya go. 5 gold coins.
-That's a cheap ale you got.
-That's a cheap insult, misseur...

Konstantin pays, and takes the glass of ale, looking at it with a somewhat disgusted face.

-Were you breathing on this glass?
-Ya know I was. You have a problem with that?
-Are there a lot of pirates in these whereabouts?
-What are you one of 'em?
-Took you a long time to guess, smart guy. Now earn the coins you get in here.
-You want to put another payment on me?
-... Yes.
-No! What this time?!
-Same reason.
-You know, pal, this doesn't work, I already pay Gerbert, I pay Timmothy, I pay the goblins, I pay he dwarves... Talk to them, I'm under their protection. I'm not paying all of ya, so some of you have to go. Solve it with them, soon I'll get no income from my business at all.

-You pay the dwarves? Oh, then I back up.
-Hell yeah, I pay 'em. Paid em last week, so no one's touching me this time.
-So they came here?

The bartender only now realizes that he is being badly bluffed.

-Oh, shhhi... You're no pirate, you don't know whatcha talkin' about! Nobody came here! Nobody touched me, I don't know anything.
-They were here, weren't they? - Konstantin looks carefully into fat man's eyes, placing his face closely to his.
-Who?
-The dwarves?
-Dwarves? Maybe.
-They were, weren't they? The Great Merchant?
-I don't know.
-Tell me.
-Ain't gonna happen.
-Tell me! Why did those men leave when I said it?
-Ain't gonna happen.

Konstantin steps back, and turns around to look about. He notices a big fish freeze-dried and placed on the wall.

-A swordfish?
-Yeah... - the bartender grumpily mumbles.
-Caught yourself?
-Nah. A gift...
-From whom?
-Merchants.
-Great? Isn't it great?
-Sure is, yes! No! Ye..No!
-What?
-Leave me alone, man, I want no trouble.

Konstantin comes closer to the bartender, and takes a cautious look into the doors, at Zarah, who is now not looking his way, but instead looking at the street and its buildings.

Konstantin comes close to Bartender's ear.

-You know what would look better on your nose? - he asks in a cold voice.
-What?? - the bartender rises an eyebrow.
-The bar. - With lightning speed Konstantin grabs the fat man's nosering with his two fingers, and slams his face onto the bar. He holds him down, barely letting him breathe.

The bartender tries to speak, catching his breath, because the wooden bar is covering his mouth. Konstantin's grip is hard and the man cannot break loose, no matter how he tries to grab Konstantin's glove.

-Alright alright... there were some folks here, a group of them. I'm not sure at all if their ship's name is Great Merchant, but they were dwarves. Heavily armed. They had arrows... and axes... armored... they came in, and wrecked the place, killed half of my customers, took a few women with them. Told me that if I ever speak about this, they're gonna kill me, kill my wife, and my daughter, and burn the tavern... now, that's all I know, ouch! Let me go.

-A man like you has a wife?
-Grmpf mpf...
-How old is your daughter?
-Twelve...
-What a disappointment for a little girl.
-Hey, I did all I could to protect em.... fempf-emf...

Konstantin lets him go, and takes his glass cleaning rag to wipe his glove off nose slime, that bartender left in his bad speech attempts.
K throws the rag on a table, carelessly.

-Be good, dry your nose. Thanks for your help.

Konstantin walks out, leaving the ale untouched.

-Let's go Zarah, this guy doesn't know much, but they were here. They stopped at this dock. Or at least some dwarves did.
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

((disrigard this))
Last edited by Drogla on Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah got nervos about all the man looking at her that offensive. She tries not to look into their eyes.

She doesn't seem to have heard his last sentence and looks curious into the tavern. The host faces her with his back.
Finding everything quiet she says:

"Well, let's take a walk along the market place here then. I like the smell of the different spices and fruits and the shouts of the merchants" she smiles and takes his hand again."
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

((Paul, I have no idea what you are talking about because I have ever met this Muten guy before...))

Geez...you scared me there, Sal, thought you were some of the rough guys I ran into...oh! Stop for a moment, I want to show you the swimming outfit I found!

Ayalla rummages around in her pack and withdraws the demon skin suit, holding it up proudy. Ayalla smiles happily.

Isn't it great? Well, it's a bit late for a swimmng lesson, but tomorrow morning we can have one.

Ayalla grins, puts away the suit, and they continue their walk back to the ship.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks at the suit, then back to Ayalla

"Very nice, shall we go back to your lesson?"

Ayalla, trying to keep tiger balanced on her forhead, tries to talk and not let tiger fall

"Sure!"

She takes tiger and holds him as she follows Salathe back to the beach. Once there she makes Salathe stand infront of a tree and stare at it while she puts on her new wardrobe. Once shes done she tells Salathe he can turn around. Salathe looks at something he thought moved in the forest. Just a squirrel is his thought. He turns around and looks at Ayallas new outfit.

"Is that comfortable?"

Salathe grins and he walks to the edge of the beach

"All set?"
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Perfectly comfortable! All set, now what?

Ayalla grins and jumps from foot excitedly.
Last edited by Ayalla on Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Alright, lets begin, follow me"

Salathe sticks his halberd into the ground and walks about 10 feet into the water so its up to his knees. Ayalla puts tiger down and tells her to stay because the sharks would eat her if she went into the water. She follows and stands next to Salathe. Then he walks out further, now above his waist. Ayalla starts walking to him, but slows down once it raises past her waist.

"Cmon, you can still stand"

She nods and continues making her way to Salathe

"Alright this is deep enough"

Salathe begins to demonstrate basic strokes. Ayalla begins to mimic the strokes, with some success. Salathe wades over to her and shows her, her minor errors. She tries again, actually getting it right. Salathe claps, and tells her to do it again, to make sure she justt didnt get lucky. Once she had swimming down, Salathe walked to where the water was just under his neck. Ayalla hesitates and walks about 5 feet, still far from Salathe.

"How about this? This is good enough right?"

Salathe grins and shakes his head. Ayalla shrugs as she slowly makes her way to where Salathe is.

"Now, go a little bit deeper, where you cant stand and kick your legs back and forth to keep you afloat"

Ayalla takes one step before she rethinks

"Mmmmm i think i learned enough today"

Salathe grabs her shoulder

"Uh uh uh uh, not until you learn to float, besides, your suit will help you float if your in trouble"
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Ayalla hears a loud yowl, and turns quickly to see a dark figure grab Tiger. Ayalla swims as fast as she can towards shore, but she is too late. Sal follows her up the beach, and find her holding a note. There are tears of rage in her eyes and she silently shows it to him.

One hour.
The Boars Tusk Tavern.
Come alone.
Be there or you will lose more than your cat.

Those stupid, insensitive bastards...Arg! I will kill them if they have so much as pulled out one of Tiger's whiskers out, and they will receive a good kick in the arse for taking her in the first place!

Ayalla crunches the paper into a tiny ball her hand and looks furious.

They are going to pay...
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks at Ayalla

"Dont worry Ayalla, they wont get away with it, besides, its just a cat"
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

After going around every Tavern to find information, Moathia sits in The Boars Tusk drinking out of her own hip flask, not wanting to drink anything from the bar, a bunch of men eye her up, one of them holding a sack with somthing wriggling around in it.