The Ship ((Free to join))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Athian

Post by Athian »

Athian come out from below deck, yawning lightly and looks about. seeing everyone is awake he decides to join the group of people standing there. he says nothing but merely listens.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe, beginning to become bored with staring at the ocean, walks to the mess hall. He looks around the shady room and walks into the kitchen where the chef is cooking up something. An odd platter fruits salathe had never seen before lay on a try. He walked up to them and picks up a strange berry and begins to examine it.

"What are these fruits?"

The chef turns around a bit startled and sees Salathe examining the fruit.

"That is an elderberry, its a fruit from the..."

The chef tries to recall the thought of where the fruits origin is but he cant seem to remember.

"Elderberries? These look nothing at all like the ones i use..."

The chef looks at salathe with a puzzled face

"Your a cook...?"

Salathe looks at the chef and grins.

"Whats wrong? Never seen a chef with a tail?"

The chef chuckles and says...

"Actually not. I didnt know saurians had an interest in the art of cooking"

Salathe looks at the chef and grins.

"We dont"

He looks back to the fruit and picks up another

"And whats this one?"

The chef smiles and decides to explain what all the fruits are to Salathe, instead of him asking one by one.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

After a while of looking at the chefs food Salathe realizes he doesnt know the the name of the chef. He puts down the exotic fruit he was holding and turns to the chef.

"Say... Whats your name? Im Salathe"

The elf turns and bows to Salathe

"I am Arminas Lunwe"

Salathe nods to him and jumps onto the table and sits down cross legged and picks up a banana next to him.

"Whats this one called?"

Arminas puts down the wad of dough in his hands and picks up a banana.

"This is a banana, its usually found in tropical areas"

Salathe looks at the banana with a curious look. He takes a bite out of it and Arminas looks at him oddly.

"This is hard to chew..."

Arminas laughs.

"You peel the skin off first Salathe"[/i]
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Ayalla awakes as the morning sunshine filters in through the small window in the sickbay. Tiger sits next to her, grooming herself vigorously. Ayalla lays in bed staring up at the ceiling and starts to notice an unfimilar pressure on her neck. Reaching up, Ayalla touches the pendant and smiles. She sighs peacefully and closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. At that moment, Tiger decides to wake up Ayalla by pouncing on her stomach.

oof! ahhh...Tiger get off me! What a strange cat...all right, all right, I'm up already!

Ayalla pulls herself up into a sitting position to ecape Tiger's newest wake-up call of chewing on her hair. Ayalla yawns and gets out of bed, noticing for the first time she isn't wearing her usual clothes but rather a plain, white cotton smock. Ayalla feels a bit exposed and hurriedly grabs a blanket to wrap around herself. Spotting her gear hanging on a nearby chair, she quickly scans the room for other people, and finding none, hastily makes her way to the chair, grabs her clothes, and ducks behind a changing screen.
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

With a sigh of relief, Ayalla emerges from behind the screen in her usual clothes as well as her usual ensemble of armor. Ayalla stretches and looks about for Tiger who is lying on her still-warm pillow. Grinning wickedly, Ayalla scoops the cat up, giving it a most unwelcomed wake-up call. Tiger hisses at her but settles herself on Ayalla's shoulders. Ayalla smiles, gives the cat a "now we're even" look, and walks out of the sickbay, making her way abovedeck.
Last edited by Ayalla on Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Paul hears a low rumble. He can't identify the sound and he can't locate it either. He checks the whole hold and eventually finds Drogla snoring. He wonders to himself "Why does everyone always have to follow me around?!" In a fit of rage, he somehow manages to drag Drogla into a now empty box. He seals it up and walks away to sulk in the corner. He still hears the dwarf snoring.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

After a long while of talking with Arminas, Salathe heads up onto the main deck. He begins to look around to see if anyone else is awake
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Looking around once reaching the deck, Ayalla decides to find Carah and see if she is still willing to give her swimming lessons when they arrive at the port. After a long fruitless search, Ayalla sits on a barrel and looks around dejectedly, humming absently to herself and petting Tiger. Ayalla wonders if she is just being blind and if she accidently overlooked Carah, thinking she was part of the ship's crew. Getting up again she wanders aimlessly about the deck, wondering if anyone else is around.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looking out at the sunset, turns and spots Ayalla sitting down. He walks over to where she is sitting with her cat and smiles.

"Hello Ayalla, enjoying the boat ride?"
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Besides almost being drowned by savage lizard men, I would say this boat ride has been most enjoyable.

Ayalla chuckles and thinks about the incident. Then, something that had not occured to her before comes to mind.

Hmmm...Sal you swim well...Could you teach me how to swim? I mean, not right now but when we get to port since I can't seem to find Carah. But you could always give me some basic tips right now so if I fall in I can at least stay above the surface rather than sinking instantly...

Ayalla grins and looks at him hopefully.
Last edited by Ayalla on Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

wakes up from the stale are in the box, with a sudden shock at being in a box
He breaks open the box and yells so loud with rage and suprise that people in China can hear him
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"I'd love to teach you how to swim. Its pretty simple, all you have to do is..."

Salathe begins making very bad demonstrations of swimming in air. While showing her how swim from a certain depth back to the surface, tiger finds his way betweens Salathes legs and causes him to trip. Tiger jumps on Salathes back and curls up. Salathe looks up at Ayalla and sees all the armor she has on

"And you shouldnt wear that much armor, it will make you sink faster"
Last edited by Salathe on Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Paul covers his ears and yells

Shut up, will you! My day was bad enough.

Paul moves silently to a farther corner to see if he can find some peace and quiet. Meanwhile, his shoes splash as a thin layer of water covers the floor.
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Ayalla covers a smile with her hand and retrieves the cat, helping Sal back up while she's there.

That was a very informational session, thank you Sal, but perhaps swimming is something I have to actually do to understand...

Ayalla grins but her smiles falls a little at hearing his last words about wearing less armor.

I don't know...it doesn't seem too safe to be in the water without some armor...I mean, who knows what's in the water...

Ayalla looks extremely reluctant to give up her armor. Ayalla looks indecisive, but in the end she listens to Sal and goes to her quarters to drop off her armor.
Last edited by Ayalla on Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Looking at her reflection in the mirror in her cabin, Ayalla feels exposed. She remembers the disasterous outcome when she took off her armor last; she was killed by a sniper. Ayalla sighs and looks at her reflection again. Her outfit consists of soft, leather knee-high boots, leather legs, two bracers for each wrist,a tightly woven blue blouse, a belt with her firesword's sheath, and th e crystal pendant her brother gave her. She straightens her outfit and touches the pendant around her neck.
Ayalla sighs yet again and looks at her feet, feeling nervous and a bit insecure. Taking a deep breath, Ayalla pets Tiger on her shoulder and heads back abovedeck.

~A few minutes later~

Ayalla reaches the door to the deck, but hesitates for a moment. Cautiously, she pushes the door open and looks about anxiously for signs of danger. Seeing none, she steps outside slowly and looks for a safe little niche to sit in for a bit. Spotting a pile of sacks near the barrel she sat on earlier, Ayalla hurries across the deck and situates the bags until she is satisfied. She sits down, lays her head back, and closes her eyes, taking a deep sigh of relief.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe sees Ayalla come back up and he heads back over to the barrel she was sitting on. He leans against the mast and says..

"See? Isnt it nicer when you dont have tons of armor on?"
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Ayalla is startled out of her thoughts, and looks at Sal with an unhappy look on her face.

I hate not having my armor on. I think I am getting paranoid; I keep waiting for someone to shoot me while I'm not looking...and it feels weird not having all the usual weight...kinda like floating. And I just feel over-exposed not having it with me. I miss my armor already, but it not having it will eman I don't sink to the bottom of the sea when I go overboard, so be it.

Ayalla sighs heavily and slumps further into the pile of sacks, looking up at the sky for comfort that it is not readily providing.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe smiles and sits down next to Ayalla

"Ayalla i promise, i wont let any more harm come to you, like that archer, or the lizard. You know im always willing to protect people, especially you."

Salathe gives her a hug then lays back on the pile of sacks
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

After having no luck with Salathe in a conversation, Konstantin quietly goes to the other side of the ship, comes near the railing, and sees Zarah and Carahawen talking there.
He hears Zarah's last phrase...

"It's a really nice night tonight. Like anything possible could happen..."

He emerges near her and puts his arms around her shoulders.

-Anything possible... Anything good, or anything bad. What are you two up to?
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah looks at him and lays her arm around his waist. "Well, Carahawen is the one with the bad ideas." she says grinning.
"No, We are just enjoying the night while you close up yourself in your cabin. I missed you last night my dear."

She looks at the moon, far away high above the horizont. He reflects his light on Kontantins face. For the first time she thinks that she is able to see more in his eyes than pure grey.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

"What?? My ideas are always good! Give me any example when I had a bad idea."

Carahawen crosses her arms and pretends to pout but can't hide her grin.

" Well, I think I leave you two alone now. I bet you don't want to be disturbed."

she winks giggling and rushes off quickly before Zarah can get one of her tickling attacks on her.
Smiling she walks to the other side of the deck and finds Sal and Ayalla sitting there comfortably. She looks at Aya and her eyes widen.

"Hey, Aya, where is your armor? Can't remember having seen you without her any time. well, might improve your swimming if you don't wear it when falling into the water."

She winks and and sits on the railing her back facing the water.

"So, do any of you know when we are arriving the port?"
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah steps closer to Konstantin and whispers something in his ear. She takes his hand and together they watch the moon reflecting his last beams at the ocean while the sun begins to rise. She smiles and looks in his eyes still waiting for an answer.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe stands up and looks off the edge of the boat

"Yep, you can see the port now, it isnt that far away"[/i]
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen turns her head and looks into the direction Sal points to.
"Yes it's pretty near already."
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks over at Ayalla, who has now fallen asleep, then back to Carahawen and gets up.

"We should get something to eat before we dock, dont you think?"
[/i]
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

"You're right, I didn't notice how hungry I am."

Carahawen hops of the railing and looks to the sleeping Ayalla.

"Shall we let her asleep?"
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks at Ayalla sleeping on the pile of sacks, and tiger who is sleeping next to her

"Sure, wouldn't want to disturb her sleep. Lets go"

Salathe and Carahawen walks down to the mess hall
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen hears a "miaow" and turns around, seeing tiger coming hopping after them.

"He, tiger, you didnt leave Aya alone, did you?"
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe sees the cat following them and he moves and hide behind cara
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Ayalla rolls over in her sleep and ends up rolling off the bags in a rather uncomfortable position. Ayalla sleepily opens an eye and is suprised to see Carah and Sal standing a few feet away looking down at Tiger. Realizing her armor is gone, she is instantly awake, but flops back with a unhappy groan when she remembers why it's gone. Tiger comes prancing over and jumps and her stomach but runs back to Carah and Sal.

Oof, geez...violent cat, hello you two. Any ideas about what we are doing today?

Ayalla grins and snatches up the cat when it comes around for yet another pouncing attack.