The Ship ((Free to join))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Turns to arist and yells to him

"Trouble"

Salathe looks around and sees her by the the mainmast. He slaps his head realizing thats where he came from. He runs up to her an shows her the note and waits for her reply....
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen who hasn't been able to read the note, sees Sal sliding down the mast."He, Sal, what's on this note?", she shouts. She frowns and follows him down.
Last edited by Carahawen on Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Arist see's salathe making hes way back up the mast and runs to join him, after making hes way a few foot up hes notices salathe pull a peice of paper from an arrow hes has in hes hand. Arist starts to climb with more confidence.

' Sal, whats the written '
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Look"

Hands aristeaus the note
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen jumps the last few meters and lands on her feet next to Salathe and Arist. She nods to Arist then glances to Sal to get a look at the note.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

((Hehe, sorry Sal, but K brought a lock with him, and locked his room with a key, as posted previously. No way Brendan gets a ducky...yet. Don't worry it's safe for now))

Konstantin comes to the bridge to speak to the captain.

-Greetings. I am Konstantin. I was doing some map research of the nearby waters in my cabin, I am wondering if you could share some maps with me to copy, I need to fill in a couple of blank spaces I am missing. I've got the eastern golfstreams marked, in the two hundred mile radius of the east coast, but I am lacking the southern areas.

The captain gives Konstantin a few small maps, and Konstantin bows to him, thankfully.

-I was a captain myself, you see... well, for a little while, in the past. I had a little sloop. Managed it alone. I am more then happy to help with navigation.
I also have some ideas that, I think, people would want to hear. Excuse me, sir.

Konstantin notices the arrow that strikes the maste near Salathe, and follows him.
He comes to Moathia at the same time Salathe does.

-May I share something with you? Let's go to the bridge.

Konstantin, Salathe, Moathia, and the captain are gathered at the bridge and each shares their piece of information.
Konstantin begins:

-I have three things to say only.

According to a few maps I've got from my previous journeys, the water ahead of us may be not too good for large ships to cross. If we were a pinnacle or a sloop, we'd slide fine, but with a big vessel...

I also sent my hawk to investigate around us in a fifteen mile radius, he just came back with nothing. There is nothing on the water surface fifteen miles ahead of us. No ships, no boats, no reefs.

And another thing I wanted to say is... I don't think that "The Great Merchant" is a merchant ship. To me they sound like common pirates. Yes, it's true that merchant sailors commit rapes as well, but it's also true that there are two types of pirates: there are pirates who are feared, and do not hide their identity, and there are pirates that hide, and pretend to be merchants to commit crimes. I'd say we be cautious, and start preparing our crew to face danger. You may use me as a dagger combat instructor.

Konstantin lets Salathe speak now.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen glances quickly at the note but doesn't get the whole sense. She rushes over to K., Sal, Moathia and the captain and hears K.'s words about the Great Merchant.
" Well... i had the same thoughts. As I told you, the ship's name sounded familiar to me, but I couldn't remeber any more facts....now I know it again....."
She stops unexpectedly and glances at the group.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe knods to konstantin

"An arrow with a note attached to it hit the mast, mustve been an updraft to bring it so far ((haha yea right)) it says there is danger in the southern waters..."

He places the piece of paper on teh table and it reads:

Friends. Looks south towards land under water. Great number of strong warriors yous face. Farebaa...

"And i dont think whoever wrote this is telling us to watch out for pirates..."
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen realises noone noticed her words. She listenes to Sal, then nods.
"...Yes, pirates usually aren't under water..."
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Konstaintin, I'm well aware of the current situation, this is the reason I've chosen to head into these waters, I'm going to see if any pirates have come into contact with the great merchant, and this is an elven boat, it will make it across this area of sea easliy enough, as for danger, I've already ordered the captain to start the crew on a combat training rota. And I'm capable of handling myself, I can cast powerful spells, and my skills with the staff arn't to bad, and I come from a family with a history of great swordmen.

I've already planned most of this journey already. It's good news that the hawk spotted nothing, with luck we'll get to thee southern continent, and then we can get more information on the ship. Paul can get off wherever he wants, the longer we spend looking for it, the more ports we stop at. We'll deal with these warriors at the note writer put it, when we come across more information on them. Though right now, I think we should all start to relax a little, we shall be well alarmed if any touble arises.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Alright... maybe your right, we should get some rest"

Salathe nods to everyone and walks over to the ratline and holds onto it as he looks at the ocean
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

Stumbles onto the deck, after winning his own Beer drinmking contest in the mess hall

Begins to say something barely comprehendable"
o wook...amover boaty fomin diss ay...pud be pirlates.." and then he vomits over the side rail several times before passing out and lying un the deck, unconcious from soo much beer...
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Word on a ship travels quickly. The entire crew and the passengers knew of the imminent danger ahead...perhaps it wasn't so much ahead...as already here.

Suddenly, all hands on deck were startled..there had been a loud scream, not on board-but in the water.

Nay...Brendan realised...not a scream...but a battle cry. At that, several armour clad Lizard creatures jumped on deck, baring their tridents and spears.

Startled, Brendan ran to the bridge and alerted Moathia and the others.

((As Ayanah's player, I think it's sort of my right to exert control over this board quest..I also give this right to Moathia, Aristeaus, Carah and Athian))
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen looks at the people around her. She tries to start again:

" As I said, I didn't remember any facts about that ship except that I had heard this name long time ago.... I had a dream tonight - a backflash of my past..."

She looks at all their faces, then takes a deep breath.

"Most of you know I was a sailor on a trading ship for many decades. So I've heard many ship's names... My former captain once told me about "The Great Merchant". As far as I can remember it is officially a trading ship, but it doesn't stop from raids or cheating trading partners. If this ship is the same "Great Merchant" as my captain told me about, we have to expect some hardened dwarves - we could as well consider them as pirates - they just don't have a black flag with a skull on their ship."

She stops and waits for their reactions. Suddenly she hears a scream and turns her head. She sees some figures jumping on board...
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

Sevious hears some noises up on deck and the elves that had been down there accompaning him stood up. Sevious slowly stood up and looked to him with his blue eyes.

"I had a feeling this was coming soon...careful now you two...I'd hate to see my two game partners die...stay down here...I haven't had a good fight in a while.",says Sevious. And with that he walks to the stairs calmly and puts his hands on the hilt of his small sword. His axe bounced on his back as he continued on up the stairs. He comes upon the rest with several lizards laden in black claden armor hissing at them all. Sevious does not know if they are friends or foe, so for the moment he stands at bay, ready to attack at any given moment.

"Let this not end in a bad way...",Sevious mumbles as he turns his head to the others up on deck.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus hears a noise behind him and turns from the bow. Standing upon the deck are several creatures who have a likeness to salathe, he starts to walk towards them and notices the blades within in thier hands.

' Cara to me! '

Arist pulls hes dagger from hes boot and runs across the deck. Suddenly one of the lizards charges towards him brandishing a sword. The lizard swung hes blade in a wasit-high arc and Arist swung hes dagger down in a parry. It was a shock when the two blades met. It seemed as if Arist could not only feel the strength of the Lizard but hes determination- even its eagerness to kill him. The lizard almost immediately disngaged and stepped back, eyes appraising Arist for some weakness or flaw.
Arist could have done the same but he looked upon Cara which was a mistake.
The hiss of a blade slcing through the air brought Arist back to reality. He saw the glint of something silver comming down at hes head from hes left side. He parried the blow, knocking the lizards blade further to the left, away from the lizards side.
What happnbed next was more instinct than plan. as the Lizard was preparing for another blow Arist dived forward and let hes dagger blade slide upon the Lizards till it found its way past its guard.
The dagger slid through the lizards skin and a low gurgling escaped the beasts lips. As the lizard fell to the floor Arist looked up.

' CARA! '
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

Continues to lay still, in a deep sleep, even through all of the noise and swaying of the boat
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe lifts his head when he hears the cry. He turns to the stern and sees a number of lizards on the deck. A grin crawls upon his face as they begin to charge.

He grasps his halberd as one draws near, and he pulls himself onto the ratline and leaps to the other side of it, behing the lizard and thrusts his halberd into the lizards back. Catching a glance of another behind him, he puts his foot on the lizards head and pulls his halberd out and thrusts the back of it into the lizards chest behind him. The lizard, still alive, tries to push himself off but Salathe quickly pulls it out and spins the halberd around so the front of it comes slashing the lizards face.

Salathe runs up to the upper deck, seeing more lizards. He looks around, hoping for some help
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen sees one of the lizards attacking Arist. Slightly shocked she watches the scene, searching for her sword at her belt. But it's not there - it lays safe in her cabin.
"Barad!", she curses on elvish. She remembers her wand sticking at the left side of her belt and draws it. Her eyes meet Arist's and she watches him geeting rid of this beast. Suddenly right in front of her a lizard emerges from nowhere, hissing and looking dangerous. Cara hears her name shoutet. Out of reflex her right fists bounces forward and punches the creature on his nose, at the same moment she raises her wand and yells a "kel jus". A fierce lightning emerges of her wand right over the lizard. She blinks at the brightness and after she
can see again there's nothing left of the creature but a pile of ash.

"He must have been still wet if that worked so well...."

She turns her head and sees Sal crowded by some lizards. She rushes over to the mainmast, quickly climbs upon its half height, holds one hand to the ladder with her other hand clutching her wand and starts to fire fierce lightnings upon the lizards' heads.
Last edited by Carahawen on Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Circling the group of sea-faring warriors, the band of lizards grow in number by the moment. They slither onto the ship like eels, writhing on their underside, but quickly prop themselves up, upon seeing the crew.

Salathe, Sevious and Aristeaus appear to be well and truly buggered, until all of a sudden, the marauders put away their weapons, pick their dead up, and jump overboard. One single lizard remains and speaks in hard to comprehend Common.

"Thissss, iss mossst, unacceptable. We of the Sssscourge have marked you, bloodthirssssty lot. The ssscourge do not forget lightly...we do not forgive assss easssily asss, you land lubbeing kind do. The family of the Great Merchant, will not forgive."

At this, the lizard, carrying a body, dives overboard.

Brendan, watching from the bridge, makes his way onto deck. He picks up one of the abandoned Tritons and examines it. The initials

"GM"

are carved onto it.

Showing it to Sevious, Brendan proclaims...
"Looks like these Great Merchants, aren't just dwarves."

An eerie silence descends onto deck, as the silhouettes of a lizard, two humans and a halfling, pant heavily against the backdrop of the night sky.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Right...."

Salathe turns to the others who have come up onto the deck, looks them all over and turns back to the stern. He grins and says to himself

"This just got alot more dangerous"
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

((on second thoughts...I think I'll let Moathia handle this...

I wasn't really expecting...such a bloodthirsty reaction :P))
Ayalla

Post by Ayalla »

Day dreamig by the railng of the ship and absentmindedly petting her new companion, Ayalla was suprised when Tiger suddenly launched herself off Ayalla's shoulders and ran towards the other end of the boat. Ayalla got up and followed as quickly as her armor would allow, but came to an abrupt stop as se almost ran into a rather vicous looking lizard person. She watched anxiously as the cat darted out of her view, but quickly turnd her attention to the lizard person whom she had never met before.

Ummm...hello sir, can I help you...? Well...uh...yeah..I need to go find my cat...I'll see you around...

The lizard continued to stare at her and she shifted uncomfortably, wondering why the lizard wasn't responding. Ayalla started inching around him, but stopped suddenly as the lizard sword stopped inches before her face.

Hey! No need to get violent...Sir, really, what do you want?

Ayalla sighed in exasaperation as the lizard just continued to look at her and tried to push her way past. She cried out in suprise as the lizard grabbed her and started dragging her to the edge of the ship.

Ahh! Let...me...go! I have to find my cat and I don't know what you what but leave me alone! And esides all that...I can't swim!

Without time to draw her sword, Ayalla resorted to administering a quick, hard kick to the lizard man's shin. In that moment she pulled herself free and ran in the direction in which Tiger had disappeared with the lizard man in a hobbling pursuit. As she rounded the corner, yet another lizard man came at her and she was not fortunate enough to dodge out of the way in time. With an iron grip, the lizard grabbed Ayalla and heaved her over his shoulder. Kicking and trying to squirm out of his grasp did not work, and she cringed, squeezing her eyes shut, as the lizard she had kicked hobbled towards them with a malicious look in his eye which scared her more than anything she had seen before. Resorting to something she had never really done before, she started screaming for help.

Ath! Sal! Carah! Anyone! HELP!!!
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

As Salathe was looking into the ocean after the lizards left, he heard a faint cry coming from teh other side of the boat. He thought it was a familiar voice so he walked to the other side and saw a lizardmen holding ayalla and swimming away. He got up on the ledge and saw the lizardman begin to swim deep and he quickly througha shruiken at the lizard, hitting its left leg. Salathe dived into the water and pursued the injured lizard.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

After watching the lizards leave and observing that none of them comes back, Carahawen slides down the mast. On the floor there is lots of ash and blood, that seems to become black with the sinking of the sun. She brushes some ash off her robe and sees Sal rushing away. She follows him as she had heard the shout aswell and sees him jumping down into the water. She observes the scene from bord and decides Sal has everything under his control. She helps him to pull Ayallla out of the water.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

The second lizard raised the trident over its head and rushed to the edge of the deck, following Salathe, and prepared to jump overboard after him, but suddenly Konstantin rose up from behind it and in a quick jab of a silverdagger handle, took the lizard out in the back of its head. The lizard dropped the trident on the floor. K kicked it away from the creature. He put a dagger to the lizard's throat. The dagger's blade, fire-enchanted by Athian's spell, was burning the lizard's sensitive skin.

Konstantin hits the lizard in the head with his other dagger handle, and the lizard passes out. He ties its hands with a piece of thick rope, and brings the creature to the center of the deck.

-Alright, people, we got ourselves a live one! Let's wait till it comes to its senses...

Konstantin drags the lizard to the bridge for investigation.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

The lizard still swam with an injured leg, he pulled ayalla deeper and deeper, and salathe started to swim faster and faster. Soon the lizard stopped swimming because of the pain, soon after he stopped he was dead. Salathe pulled his halberd out of the lizard, grabbed ayalla and swam up as fast as he could.

Once emerged he looked at ayalla, who was no longer breathing. He hastely swam to the nearby ship, and holding ayalla in one hand, and climbing with his feet and his one free hand, he made it up on the deck. He placed her down, he looked at her with a terribly worried and sad face. Fortunately she coughed up the water in her throat, and she began breathing but she wasnt quite awake, and she had a nasty cut on her forehead.

Salathe let out a great sigh of relief, and looked down at ayalla and picked her up and went to the sick bay on the gun deck where an elf was already treating a few shipmates wounds. Before Salathe could say anything the doctor got up and looked at Salathe and said

"Another one? Poor women.... Place her over there'

Salathe walked over and placed her down on a bed

"She was dragged underwater, she lost her breathe, but shes breathing now, i think shes unconcious..."

Salathe looks down at ayalla with a sad face

"And she has a cut on her forehead, its not that bad, and a bruise were the lizards grabbed her..."

The doctor comes over and begins to examine her

"She'll be alright"

He begins to patch up her wound, and Salathe sighs and sits down and looks at ayalla
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen follows Sal who is carrying the unsconsicous Ayalla. On half of her way she meets Arist who is looking tiredly at her.

"Are you ok?", she asks.
He simply nods smilingly and mumbles something about his bed. Carahawen hands him the key to her cabin.

"Go have some sleep, I suppose you hadn't much last night. I'll soon go to bed, too. Just have to look after Ayalla, she got injured."

She gives him a quick hug and goes to the gun deck.

"Sal, will she be okay?"

Sal tells her about Ayallas state and Cara nods.

"Good, I will have some rest now, fighting somehow makes me tired. Have an eye on her."

Cara quickly taps his nose then turns round and wents down to her cabin to have some sleep - but not before putting her sword safely under her pillow.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks at cara and smiles, and before she leaves he says

"I'll be here for the night, if you need me"

He looks back at ayalla, and after a few minutes, a cat wanders into the room and jumps onto ayallas bed and begins licking her face. Salathe, never having seen a cat, looks startled

"What in the world is that!?"
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

begins to snore, a sign that he is no longer drunk, but just asleep

as the vessel sways in the water, he slides to the very edge of teh ship, on leg hanging over as he mumbles "
Greaaat merchesss...Dargennn Mmmassterrsss haaass bella prezzess" between his loud snoring