The Ship ((Free to join))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Konstantin keeps watching people and spots Zarah. His face changes from cold to a dim spark of emotion. He quickly gets up, and takes her by her shoulders, he leads her away from the crowd to talk:

-Zarah, I already told you that under normal circumstances I would have not let you come near this danger, but since this is a personal matter...
How can I explain this? I knew it would be hard...
During this trip you may see things you never saw yet. You may find me doing something you never thought I would do. Therefore, whatever you see happen, don't look at me. Or if you look at me, don't pay attention to what I am doing, just think of it as a dream, or a game.
You know why we're here and what we're doing. This will not be a friendly visit or a dance party. I strongly recommend you to stay on board, where it's safe, during this. I also suggest that you get your room with one of the girls. Alright?

Konstantin tries to smile.
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Zarah looks at him and smiles.
"I know why we're here darling. I brought thousands of arrows and I know how to use them although -" she looks to the ground "I never thought I would do something like this." She kisses his cheek and takes a look in the cabin he chose. "It's dark in here. But fortunately I can see everything through my elven eyes. Let us share the cabin. Please tell me everything you learned on sea. You know....I never travelled via ship...I prefer swimming...gliding in the water...diving...and breathing air again. I just visited some elven ships ashore that visited Auverne. I like they're architecture, all the ornaments..."
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Konstantin takes Zarah by her shoulder out of the dark cabin gently, not bringing too much attention to the room she just saw, and takes her to the lighter room opposite to it in the hall. He shuts the dark door from outside with a lock.

"Yes, that all sounds great, dear", he laughs, "...but I still think that room is a little too dark for you. Besides, I've got to do some work in there. How about this room?" - he lights the many candles - "It's much lighter, and bigger, has a larger table, ah look, and two beds. I'll come here to sleep. We can both occupy it. Here, your bag on the bottom, and I'll have the top. The room you just saw will be my work room, alright?" - Konstantin helps Zarah to unload her things, puts her arrows on the table for her, and helps her to arrange her clothes on the hangers.
"This room will be ours to talk. Here you can tell me about the ornaments and ships, and such... Hey, why don't you finish unpacking in here and come up to the deck? I don't think I'll sleep tonight, I've sent Dermott on surveilance, I have to meet him. Actually, rest for a while, Zarah. I will come here to get you. You've been working hard today, you should get some rest."

Konstantin kisses Zarah and smiles.
He exits the room, and puts the key from the dark cabin into his inner pocket. He makes a few steps down the hallway, and puts his hood on. His eyes suddenly light up in gray color very brightly, almost white.
His face expresses a powerful energy upcharge. He looks around, and quickly makes his way up to the deck. He goes to the back of the ship's deck, leans on the railing, and seems to be waiting for something.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

In the morning, Moathia wakes up, and gets dressed, she talks to the captain, and tells him to gather everyone.

Once everyone arrived, she looks at the fifty elven crew, and then to the group of people comming with her. "First, I'd like to thank the crew of the Sularauka. For those of you who don't understand it's name, it's Swiftwind in common, which is what I hope we have. For those of you joining this quest blindly, we are hunting a dwarf tradingship called the Great Merchant, I want to avoid as much bloodshed as possible, meaning if the dwarves will hand over the man who did this, we will only take him, if however they do not give him up willingly, we shall have to kill them, untill they do, this ship is faster than any dwarf tub. But we will still have to go between ports to find if they are due there, or if they have been.

Once we find out where they are going, we will chase them, all of you are free to go now, this is your last chance to leave the ship, if this journey does not appeal to you, we leave in ten."

Moathia nods to them all, and the crew hurry off to start getting the ship ready.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

When Carahawen wakes up, she already hears that there must be many people on deck. As an experienced sailor she feels that they are not sailing yet. She quickly gets up and into her clothes, runs her hand once through her hair and gets out of her cabin. She walks up on deck and sees the whole crew and her group there. The morning sun shines brightly in her face. She blinks and listens to Moathia's words, then watches the crew members hurry in all directions.
She mumbles to herself:

"Hm, so, on bord again... feels strange not belonging to the crew this time...I wonder if I can do anything..."
She turns her head and watches out at the sea suddenly feeling a familiar excitement - somehow wonderful, somehow sad - deep in her soul. She sighs quietly, then puts a smile on her face and steps over to the group.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Morning comes quickly for Brendan, it always does and probably always will. Sitting up on his bed, he stretches and yawns, slips on his overcoat and pops a boiled sweet into his mouth. He hears Moathia giving he usual pip-ho speech and chuckles silently to himself.

The lure of the kitchen is far too tempting for him, so he decides to help make breakfast this morning, before they leave Troll's Bane. He prepares for the crew, lots of sausages and rashers, tea and freshly squeezed tomato juice. He winks to Salathe for giving him the recipe, and begins to set up plates on the tables.

When he has fed everybody to their tastes. He seats himself and chews self satsifactorily on a particularily fatty rasher.

Looking at Moathia and Sevious talking quietly, he hops from his chair and makes his way to the couple-

"Mo, Sev...any idea when we leave?"
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

"Any time now Brendan, you'll hear the captain shout." she says, as a bell rings, a shout comes from upstairs, and the ship shudders as it starts to move. "Just like that."

Moathia gets up and walks to the deck, and watches the island shrink into the distance.
Athian

Post by Athian »

"ahh moving already."Athian says.

He walks from the galley, stomach full mind empty. wandering about in a near stuper. until he reaches the side of the ship. he looks over the edge into the open ocean and breaths the morning air in deep. Then turns and looks about the boat seeing that not many have awakened yet.

"hmm what to do what to do..." he asks himself. and begins to walk off but he here's a clicking and a splash. and peers over the side of the ship . as a pod of doplhins swim along side waiting for the boat to pick up speed. Athian smiles and besides to watch them awhile longer
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Deciding that the doing the crew's washup, would probably drive him to the brink of madness, he decides to go on board, to see what all of this ocean faring malarkey is all about.

He opens the door to the deck and is hit with a sudden blast of salty sea air. Noticing a familiar white haired friend looking over the deck he jogs over to Athian and tugs at his shirt.

"Ummm...perhaps you could lift me up, so I could see what you're smiling about?"
Athian

Post by Athian »

"yea yea, lets hop there not sudden stops or i might drop ya." Athian says, then lift up Brendan and drops him on hi shoulders and behind his head. then peers back over the edge one hand tightly one Brendan leg.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

"Oh My! What are those large fish?"

enquires Brendan, as he balances upon Athian's head.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen has just eaten few of Brendans rich breakfast, then gone on deck again. As the ship starts to move she looks out on the sea, tasting the salty air on her lips and the wind in her hair. 'So familiar...', she thinks and feels how her heart starts to beat a bit quicker. She looks over to Athian and Brendan who seem to watch the dolphins swimming near by, steps next to them at the rail and puts her hand on the smooth wood staring onto the water. She turns her head back to the docks. "See you soon Troll's Bane."
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

After the eating the food brendan cooked Salathes heads to the deck. He looks around and walks over to the aft and looks out at the ocean for a few minutes. He hears the sound of sea gulls nearby and he looks up at the passing sea gulls. After they pass, his eyes move to the mainmast. Salathe makes his way over and climbs to the crows nest. Once there he gets out of the crows nest onto the gallant and sits down against the crows nest
Athian

Post by Athian »

" those are Dolphins Brendan and they aren't fish. or at least i don't think so, i've never seen a fish come up for air anyway. still they are quite the sight arent they."
Athian puts Brendan down and pulls over a nearby crate.

"Now you can look as long as you walk. it's about time I heh...sing my morning lithany...shhh don't tell anyone about it it would be embarassing. i think i'll climb up one of the mast."

Athian wanders off to one of the sail mastes and looks up smiling. then begins his slow assent.
Aristeaus

hehe

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus with hes cloak wrapped around himself silently makes hes way through the ship till he reaches a closed door, he opens it slightly and peers within. Crates and chests are what greet hes eyes and he smiles broadly.

' Now where did i leave them '

Peering behind him to make sure hes not being followed he walks through the doorway and closes it behind him.
' Hmm '

He walks to a chest with a § branded upon the side and opens the latch and lifts the lid.

' Happy day's indeed '

The figure chuckles softly and looks down upon row upon row of bottled beer, after spending a short while admiring hes stash he removes a few bottles and closses the chest.

' To you Ayanah '

Arist pops the lid of a bottle and takes a large mouthfull and proceeds to sit down and sigh.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen looks up to the mastes where Sal and Athian are sitting.
"Yes, my favourite spot, too. Might get crowded up there."
She chuckles slightly and starts to climb up the mainmast with smooth moves and glides into the crow's nest silently. She looks down on Sal's head and tips on his shoulder.
"Nice up here, isn't it?"
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

After some time of watching the dolphins prance happily in the water, Brendan grow weary of them. Noticing that the deck is decidedly empty, he hears chattering coming from somewhere higher up than he's sitting.

It would appear that there a several people in the crow's nest! Brendan stands at the foot of the ladder and looks up at his friends.

"Hmmm...methinks I'll stay down here...I get queezy just looking up there."

Deciding that this would be the perfect place to dispose of Maria, a certain bottled chum, he removes her bottle from his pocket, and throws it overboard.

"I wont be missing you, deary...heh...they say you acted just like this Ayanah lady, we're trying to avenge."

Brendan ponders and thinks to himself...
If she did act so mean and vile...why are there so many people here...devoted to her memory.

((I would appreciate it, if you somehow incorporated why you're on the boat, into your next post-player of Ayanah))
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Paul watches the dolphins below. They start to move in the opposite direction the ship is heading. The spotter looks troubled and says

"I think there might be troubled waters ahead, but I hope I'm wrong. The dolphins usually stay near the ship, but today they're moving in the opposite direction."

Paul nods and sees movement to his left. People are climbing up to the crows nest. He growls and shimmies his way down the mast, doing it quicker than if he climbed. He makes his way to the very belly of the ship.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Indeed it is"

looks up to see who it was, and smiles as he sees carahawens face looking down on him.

"Hello Cara, does sailing again bring back memories?"
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen smiles back.
"Oh yes!" She sighs quietly. "Good memories and bad. The good ones so long ago, but still lasting in my heart. The bad ones not that long ago, still troubeling me...it's a real strange feeling to be on sea again."
She peers down on deck and sees Brendan and waves down to him. She changes the topic quickly.
"Do you think it's good he comes with us? Did he even know Ayanah?"
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks down at Brendan

"Brendans a good guy, fun to have around. But i dont think he knew ayanah at all...."

Looks back to Carahawen

"Alot of us came.... even though ayanah acted rude all the time. I guess that was her way of making friends, and it seems to work. And there is no way in moshrans realm that someone is going to getaway with what they did"

Salathe sighs and looks back down at brendan, who has wandered into konstantins room and found the wooden duck
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

Carahawen nods slowly.

"She acted rude, yes - towards men." She grins brightly. "I always saw her running after some guys with a big axe in her hands and shouting insults at them, but I never saw her really hurt someone. She was a bit like me, I think, but much more extreme in her actions. A real Amazon! I considered her as a friend and sister. There was no need to tell it, we all know she was a friend for us - still is...and that's why we all are on this travel."
She sighs and look out into the horizon.
"That something like that must happen to her..."
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

After Zarah finished her breakfast she begins to wash the dishes in easy moves. Then she walks along the deck again and stops at Konstantins cabin wondering what he is doing in there since hours. She looks above to the people waving to her from the mastes and smiles.

"Come up here trouble" Athian says and grins.

"No no...that's not a place for me." she says smiling. When the ship goes through some of the larger waves she takes hold on the rail and seems afraid for a moment.

"Beginner!" Carahawen shouts winking at her.

"Let's see Carahawen" she says grinning "...maybe we can train a bit afterwards or you could at least tell me something about life on a ship."
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"I know what you mean cara...."

Sighs and begins looking down at the deck for ayalla, wishing she was here
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

Noon had rolled around and the bustle about the ship was off an on as many went about trying to keep themselves from growing bored. All the time Sevious sat there, once only having a brief conversation with his love. And he seemed to be watching the sea. All the same time he sat with the same position. His legs were arched close together and his arms were wrapped around his legs where he held his hands together. He seemed to have been listening to the wind and letting the silent yet cool sea breeze blow his hair about. His eyes occasionaly moved from something moving into the water up into the skies where many birds flew and where the clouds sailed the great light blue as the ship was sailing in the great dark blue.

"Quite enjoyable...",he said once to himself with a smile across his lips.

He seemed to have been enjoying himself over a long period of time. There was no bickering, loud yelling, or any of the sort like back in Troll's Bane. It was something new to him. His stomache gargled as time passed by again and he decided he was more than ready to have something to eat. He silently stood up from the corner he was in and headed over to the entry to the mess hall where hopefully he could find something to eat. As he descended the steps he heard some merry voices. Down in the deck there were two bored elves playing a game of some sort. Of what Sevious did not know. But also they had a familar game Sevious knew. That game was chess. Forgetting about his hunger, he approached them and sat happily down next to them.

"Hello there. If you do not know who I am...I am Sevious Helios. Just call me Sev if you wish.",Sevious said as he nodded to them with a smile.

The two nodded back and continued to play their game merrily. After a while they had finished and Sevious cleared his throat.

"Hmm...have you ever played that game there?",Sevious said gesturing to the wooden chess game not to far away. The two turned their heads to him and nodded."Then let us have a game, shant we?"

"Alright, sire. I accept your challenge.",A taller dark headed elf said. He cleared off the current board game and sat the chess game on the table. Soon they had both sides of the board set up with their pieces. Sevious went ahead and gestured for the elf to move first. He did so, and Sevious proceeded to move after a moment of thinking. The elf did so as well. The game was going on farely well, but it went on for hours, and when it had gotten dark outside, Sevious finally managed to win the game. That was when his hunger came back to him. The elves sensed his hunger somehow...and told him to wait.
veralion

Post by veralion »

Veralion, waiking up from a dream, runs to the shores where the boat was suspected to be. When he gets there, the water rushes up to his feet, but the ship had left. He caught a glimpse of it moving futher away and took the large bow off of his back. With a note tied to an arrow, he pulled it back as far as it would go. He snarels and let the arrow fly, unsure if the note reached the ship, for it was a good distance away...

*the note read*

Friends. Looks south towards land under water. Great number of strong warriors yous face. Farebaa..

-V-

Veralion sighed, unsure if the message reached them, and walked back to his cave...
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

During Sevious's chess game, Moathia was called to the bridge to be given some information, while most of the people talked about their memories of Ayanah, Moathia kept herself busy keeping the ship on task, and working out scheduals.

"What's going on?" she askes the captain.
"We are reaching an area of rough water, but the problem is, lots of pirates roam around that area." he replies.
"Is there anyway around?"
"Yes, but it could add a week to our time."
"Ok, I want you to start the crew on training sessions, eight hours sleeping time, eight hour shifts working on the ship, five hour practises and the rest free time, a lot of this crew sit around and play games all day, when they could be putting time to better use, I want people working, sleeping and training all the time, except when most of us want to sleep. Understood?" she tells him.

"Yes Ma'am. I'll get on it right away." he replies.

"Very good, I'll talk to our passangers, send a message around the ship telling them to meet me in the mess as soon as possible." she orders.

"Yes ma'am." he nods and turns to a crew man "Tell all non crew members to meet in the mess hall, as soon as possible."

Moathia smiles at the captain, then walks to the hall, walking past the crew man knocking on the passanger's doors, and then walks over to the crows nest.
Aristeaus

ship

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus finish's of he's last bottle which he places down and then stands steadily.

' You caused me such grief dear Ayanah why do i miss you so. '

Arist sighs and makes hes way out of the cargo room. Soon he is upon the deck and looking upon the mast, hes sees a few figures holding themselves gallently near the nest and smiles.

' Cara and Salathe, my haven in the dark. if they only knew how i felt. '

He walks to the bow of the ship and stares out to sea.

' Blood shed is where this journey shall end, im no fighter but ill do my best. '

Arist kneels down and holds hes hands to hes eyes.
Last edited by Aristeaus on Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

An arrows fly right inbetween Salathes legs and he almost falls off because of fright. Befor falling cara grabs him and helps him up into the crows nest. The arrows isnt to far so he reaches over the nest and grabs it. After reading the note his eyes widen and he slides down the mast to inform moathia
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Arist looks up to see a Salathe nearly fall from the hes vantage point and hears Cara voice yell out. Seconds later Salathe starts to climb hes way down the mast.
Arist stands and puts hes hand to hes dagger and shouts out.

' Salathe whats happening '