LF: Protector of town / Schutzmacht der Stadt

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lyrenzia Foundation

LF: Protector of town / Schutzmacht der Stadt

Post by Lyrenzia Foundation »

We as Lyrenzia Foundation announce hereby:

We have given the knights of the Grey Rose the status as "Protector of the town".
They will serve the town and protect the people of the town.
The town guard will help them in their duty.

---

Wir als Lyrenzia Foundation geben hiermit bekannt:

Wir haben den Rittern der Grauen Rose den Status als "Schutzmacht der Stadt" verliehen.
Sie werden der Stadt dienen und die Menschen der Stadt beschützen.
Die Stadtwache wird ihnen bei dieser Pflicht helfen.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Who gives Lyrenzia to say who is the protectors of town? Why not the UCA? Or other guilds that have sworn to protect the town of Trolls Bane? I thought Lyrenzia wasn't a government, tho he uses all the powers a government uses.

Grant Herion
Galim

Post by Galim »

The Lyrenzia Foundation is an organization created for the purpose of overseeing political and diplomatic affiars, and organizing town defenses. The Lyrenzia Foundation currently consists of the following guilds and representitives:

Damien - Order of the Grey Light
Aragon - Knights of the Grey Rose
Dyluck - Magic Academy
Tialdin - Silverbrand
Korwin - Rangers
Caranthir - Silverstar Merchants
Briggi Blumenkind - Druids of the Forest
Crosis - Evergreen Halflings
Belegi Zahar - Clan of the Axe

Fieps - Public Representative
just for information grant. iam sure yawill understand what is written there.
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

an unsigned sentence is scribbled at the bottom of the note.
The tentacles reach a little further.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Good question Grant, where is Dyluck, King of false promises and protector of the "we are not a government" statement, when you need him?
Cosmaterra

Post by Cosmaterra »

Greetings volk of Trollsbane

The GreyRose thanks for your trust, we will protect the town as good as we can.

And Grant, maybe this desicion weights on the time the GreyRose lives and act in town as guards for right and protection,... read the old lines,.. from the days when Trollsbane were established on Illarion,... or maybe the reason the inhabitants see whats good for their town...

signed
Franjel Sálem Long
Second Countess of the GreyRoseKnights
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Killing innocent people is not protection. Tradesman are threatening to what? Money? Some characters that hide in the shadows are ones to be aware of, but ones that provide trollsbane with goods are evil? I am a citizen of Northerot to avoid the choas the reigns in the town, everytime I come to town to barter and I run into something burning, theives fleeing, and warriors challenging one another. Protect the town, perhaps you should start out protecting the people instead of the borders.

~Avrillon the merchant
Hades

agree

Post by Hades »

I quite agree. Borders dont kill people, people kill people. Protect them instead.
Albernon

Post by Albernon »

What's all this talk about borders from Notherot people who try to keep other people out of their borders? Are you people clubbing yourselves in the head too much?
Grant Herion wrote:Who gives Lyrenzia to say who is the protectors of town? Why not the UCA? Or other guilds that have sworn to protect the town of Trolls Bane? I thought Lyrenzia wasn't a government, tho he uses all the powers a government uses.

Grant Herion
Why not the other guilds who have sworn etc etc? Good question. Why don't you ask THEM then? It's their own choice if they don't unite with the other guilds and work together and set things up.

Do you consider Lyrenzia to be the legitimate government of Troll's Bane? If yes, then obviously that gives them the right. If no, then apparently Troll's Bane is a free land where anyone can do or declare anything they want so therefore once again Lyrenzia has the right, just like anyone else.

It's hard to believe how stupid you people are that you constantly ask "who gives Lyrenzia the right?" everytime Lyrenzia does something, when obviously either Lyrenzia has the sole rights as government, or anyone has the rights as anarchy.

I could argue all day to you and Fooser about how Lyrenzia is not a government, but it would be pointless to try and explain it to closed minded people who don't understand only know how to associate words together.

So let's make it for simple you. Lyrenzia used to say it was not a government. So what? Maybe it is a government NOW. It's representitives are taken from guilds united and elected from the public in elections, so now they can be a legitimate government of Troll's Bane.

So, now what is your problem? You're citizens of Notherot, not Troll's Bane, so what business of yours is it what the government does? If the people here didn't leave for Notherot instead, then apparently they like it better here than with your people, so why are you butting into our affairs? Do you see Lyrenzia constantly writing pieces of paper on your walls complaining about how your decisions, rules and laws? If you love your Notherot so much, why don't you just stay there? Stop coming into our town and butting into our business then.

Gro'bul wrote: Killing innocent people is not protection. Tradesman are threatening to what? Money? Some characters that hide in the shadows are ones to be aware of, but ones that provide trollsbane with goods are evil? I am a citizen of Northerot to avoid the choas the reigns in the town, everytime I come to town to barter and I run into something burning, theives fleeing, and warriors challenging one another. Protect the town, perhaps you should start out protecting the people instead of the borders.

~Avrillon the merchant
I don't get where you pulled talks about merchants out of nowhere.
If you think Troll's Bane shouldn't be hostile to Notherot citizens, maybe you should think about the hypocrisy of Notherot trying to keep other people out.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Oh no I'm closeminded, or am I? There seems to be one way of viewing things inside town, support Lyrenzia or get out. And you are calling me that? Lets look at some phrases and actions of Lyrenzia, "head of diplomatic affairs", since when does a judicial system decide diplomatic affairs? Governments handle foriegn policy and so on. Appointing who they think should protect the town, something they have no authority to do, and so on, I think you get the point.

It is a government NOW? Oh, thanks for the future notice. And you are wrong about elections, they are not free elections from the people of Trollsbane. Remember when Zerbus ran for representative? They wanted to NULLIFY the votes for him because they want only their guild friends in there. Luckily it did not happen, or that would truly have been an even sadder day.
Galim

Post by Galim »

fooser ya are a fool. first learn to read, than answer. the word which is used from lyrenmzia are "overseeing" and not heading. that means if two partys have a discussion or anything else which they wants to handle than lyrenzia will be a neutral thirt party who watches about the trade or anything else to be sure that noone cheat the others. damn fooser, i think ya was too long on land, perhaps ya should do some holidays in a sea far far faaar away of this isle.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

The Grey Rose started a war saying they would kill any Northerot citizen in trollsbane. Hypocrisy? Lyrenzia is not a government, they don't "own" the borders, neither do they claim to. Darlok does. When every Trollsbane citizen thinks that Northerot people are not allowed in their town and unite under one government then so be it. The only hipocrisy is saying Lyrenzia is not a government then summoning an army in the name of Trollsbane.

Where did I get merchants and craftsman? Many live in peace in Northerot, do nothing to anyone, then get their life threatend for no reason except their ruler has some enemies who hold a long standing grudge since before some citizens where even bore by their mothers.

~Avrillon
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I trust Lyrenzia about as far as I trust Darlok, and thats about as far as I can pee in a windy day.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Against or with the wind?
Cuderon

Post by Cuderon »

The Grey Rose started a war saying they would kill any Northerot citizen in trollsbane.
This is definitly false, Grobul. Don´t raise your voice if you don´t know what you are talking about.

Read our proclamation again to understand that we only want to stay people like you that declare their loyality to Northeroth out of town. We never started a war against anyone. We are at war with Darlok who is, plain but simple, a villain and evil men.

Cuderon na´Od`Waihr
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

No, you said you were at war and would kill any Northerot citizen that walked into Trolls Bane, you specifically said this.

Grant Herion
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

I do remember that as well. You declared a war on Northerot citizens because of Darlok. Now Darlok is gone. Northerot is not in his hands anymore. So let it be.
Cuderon

Post by Cuderon »

This is false. Give me a proove that the Grey Rose stated that their knights would kill any Northeroth citizen when he enters town.

This is simply wrong.
Guillermo Ballesta

Post by Guillermo Ballesta »

Konstantin K wrote:I do remember that as well. You declared a war on Northerot citizens because of Darlok. Now Darlok is gone. Northerot is not in his hands anymore. So let it be.
if this would be true the first step you could do to normalize relationship between trollsbane and northerot whould be to let our citizens enter your territory as you enter our town, without any problems.

But to be honest I dont think you will...
And I dont think darlok is gone.

People have died for entering northerot...but..how many of you have been attacked in trollsbane? Noone.

If a citizen of trollsbane complains about the actions of lyrenzia or the rose its OK, but you, people of northerot, should definitly stop with this hypocrisy. Its not your problem.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

If you want some sort of agreement with Northerot citizens then you wouldnt want to insult them with words such as hypocrisy. You gullerimo know nothing about what you are talking about so just stay quiet.
If you would have read what Konstantin wrote a few papers up you would have your little arguement answered.

Grant Herion
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

This is where you wrote physical punishments and jail time would be needed for any citizen that went into Trolls Bane my friend.
The Grey Rose wrote: 3. The Grey Rose hereby urgently suggests Lyrenzia to take away citizen rights and to outlaw all followers and supporters of Darlok, the members of the orc clan called “Bloodskulls” and the followers of the “Movement”. They should not be allowed anymore to enter the town of Troll´s Bane, under threat of jail and physical punishment. If Lyrenzia should decline this, the Grey Rose will see it as their god given duty to carry out this measure even without support of Lyrenzia.
If these persons enter the territory of Troll´s Bane with the intention to perform a trade, the Grey Rose takes herself the right to confiscate the goods and money of this deal. The same right should be given to the future town guard.

The High Circle of the Grey Rose
Better change your song... it is getting old.

Grant Herion
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Oh, and supporters and followers you classified as citizens of Northerot.

Grant Herion
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Oh my dear Grant,

it is you again. How can I have hoped, that the first letter after a proclamation of Lyrenzia wouldn't be your critical voice ....
Well if you refer on this "war" declaration of the GR, than don't forget to write, what happened before and what was the reason for doing so.
Don't forget Darlok blackmailing the town and causing deaths through his drought and through his summed monsters.
Don't forget many people being attacked from Northerot people, while passing peacefully through this free land.
Don't forget subjects of Northerot roaming and causing havoc in the streets of Troll's Bane like Pok'ash and Vobe (while doing this, they belonged to Northerot).
Don't forget that one of our knights was nearly killed some days before this declaration from people of the north.
Don't forget, that it was first Northerot, who declares land as his own and forbids people to walk freely there.

Our declaration was an reaction to actions from Northerots people.
We have nothing against peacefully people living their life (ask Konstantin, that we are really fair and that it is possible to talk to us).
But we have something against people, which prefer to have the advantage of Troll's Bane and than hiding in Northerot, if they caused trouble.

Yours,
Aragon ben Galwan
Earl and Templar of the Grey Rose
Priest of Malachin
Councilor of Lyrenzia
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Albernon wrote:So, now what is your problem? You're citizens of Notherot, not Troll's Bane, so what business of yours is it what the government does?
Really? Thats peculiar, I didn't think I was.

Albernon wrote: Do you see Lyrenzia constantly writing pieces of paper on your walls complaining about how your decisions, rules and laws?
Absolutely.

And Lyrenzia is no longer that "neutral" idea in between. Half of Lyrenzia is owned by Dwarves, the other half by the Grey Rose, and it's pitiful that such ill minded people are administrating ANYTHING.
Guillermo Ballesta

Post by Guillermo Ballesta »

Dear Grant
Grant Herion wrote:If you want some sort of agreement with Northerot citizens then you wouldnt want to insult them with words such as hypocrisy.
you dont seem to understand anything. I dont want any special agreement with northerot, I dont care about your country, I dont post papers on your city walls complaining about this and that, you are the one doing this! I simply cant hear you cry around when in fact your country startet to tread foreigners in a differnt way, and made them pay gold to enter the territory.
Do whatever you want in northerot but dont expect that nothing happens outside your borders when in fact you where the ones who broke the balance on the island.
Its also very interesting to see that citizens of northerot are still members of lyrenzia.
So you for example seem to be citizen of Northerot and Trollsbane...same with zerbus, Paul Laffing, etc.
What kind of ambiguity is that? Ok, perhaps you where just to lazy to lay down your citizenship in trollsbane, or you perhaps think that it is lyrenzias job to change that, both is OK but for me it seems that the main reason most people dont care about that is that being citizen of northerot has just advantages, noone, at least till now, will do anything to you in Trollsbane, but on the other hand you can enter northerot and other peolpe cant. Do you call this a fair balance?
You gullerimo know nothing about what you are talking about so just stay quiet.

who are you to tell anyone to stay quiet? You are the one who is always complaining. You should be the first one to stay quiet since most things you are complainig about are just not your business.
If you would have read what Konstantin wrote a few papers up you would have your little arguement answered.
sorry grant, but could you please give me the answer to my little argument?

Guillermo Ballesta
Last edited by Guillermo Ballesta on Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Galim

Post by Galim »

interesting fooser, that ya think 3 of 10 ar 1/2. really smart fooser. thanks for this statement of ya intelligents. please, don't talk with the great guys as long as ya cannot count correctly and, what is much more important, as long as ya cannot read and understand correctly. first understand about WHAT ya want to talk, after that do it. but i think something different disturb ya. we have in the lyrenziagroup 3 halfings, 3 dwarfes, and the rest are humans or elfes. no lizards. i think that is it what distubrs ya, right

Galim
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Not actually Galim, YOUR statement shows how feeble you are. You only took the numbers and calculated without taking into consideration population, influence, land, and so on. If you take those factors together then it is close to owning half of Lyrenzia's influence.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Gulleirmo, I will be honest I didn't spend a minute or two reading your pointless post. Trolls Bane doesn't have a government. Therefore you could never demand for money when someone decides to use your anvil or your glassblower or decides to get coal out of your cave.
Do you think there is a difference between Northerot and Silverbrand? There is, Silverbrand kills you if they catch you in their city alone. Northerot will charge you 200 gold. And yet you seem to think money is more important then your life because you don't complain about them. There is your hypocrisy, if you are going to complain about countries that don't let you in for free, then complain about all of them. Not the ones you feel are worse.

Also Aragon, Darlok did do evil deeds. But not his citizens. They, the people did nothing. Northerot is a much more peaceful place then Trolls Bane so of course they would want to live there. Consider all the murder trials you have, or all the fires on buildings. Then consider Northerot, most of the time you won't find anyone, occasionally you will and you will not have to fight them.
The point is, people left Lyrenzian rule. Don't try to threaten their lives because of their own decision.

Grant Herion
Hades

remember

Post by Hades »

I must agree, I remember it to, the grey rose wanted to kill every northerot citizen that walks into town. my question is why?
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Oh, and Gullermo, I never knew i was a citizen of Northerot. Good thing you know for me.

Grant Herion