A Neverending Prayer

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elaralith

A Neverending Prayer

Post by Elaralith »

Dear all citizens of Troll's Bane,

I must first apologize for my actions recently. Now that I look back I am dearly grieved at the terrible evil I have wrought. Yes evil.
Hear me out and perhaps you can forgive me. If you look around you you will see that this land is afflicted. Trees and plants are all dead and a drought reigns. Nature is imbalanced. And nature affects us all. Town citizens kill each other in the streets and there is war. And so it has been with me...I must confess I have been imbalanced something I thought long ago would never happen to me. Please forgive me. To any of you whom I have wronged contact me and perhaps we can work out some recompensation.

In these times, many despair because of inability to do anything against the evil powers that have dried out our land and leached the life from nature. I think we have all forgotten one hope that makes despairing foolish. This hope is all around us and this hope created us and our land. This hope is the gods. In our folly, most of us have forgotten the gods and made our one hope useless. Useless it has been made but yet it still is there waiting for us to turn to them. It is my suggestion that we turn to this hope that we may have salvation from the evil powers that beset us.

What can be done? Much has been done by many of us to no avail. Only one course is there that can have a chance of success - and that is the help of the gods. And the help of the gods can only be brought through prayer. But then many of us have been praying. Why you may ask if prayer is the answer then why has nothing happened? I tell you it is because individually our prayers are only small flickerings of light in the darkness, but together they become beacons of light. We must gather as a whole town with none absent and pray together. Only in that do we have hope to push back the evil powers and so end this drought.

Every god is important in its own way so it is that we must all forget our differences and all gather and pray to our personal gods. Where should we gather to call out to the gods? There is only one logical place - Falkner's Shrine or Ushara's Shrine. This is where we in our greed insulted the gods by desecrating the holy trees, and it is only right that it is here that we call back to the gods and admit our folly. At Falkner's Shrine, we must all no matter our personal beliefs together gather in prayer. I have been praying at Falkner's Shrine for many moons now and I will help lead any who will in prayer there. The date for our gathering will be before the moon reaches its fifth cycle ((September 10 4:00 GMT, if any have a suggestion for a better time please PM me)).

In the days before the gathering and the days following it though darkness threatens to snuff out all hope I encourage you all to continue to stayat Falkner's Shrine or go to it on a regular basis to form a neverending prayer. The gods will not close their ears if all of Troll's Bane cry out to them, of that I have divine knowledge...

See every one of you at Falkner's Shrine soon ere the light shines forth,
~Elaralith, Priestess of Elara~
Last edited by Elaralith on Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bumbol Woodstock

Post by Bumbol Woodstock »

WHy should we trust you again Elaralith? You attacked Silverbrand 3 times and killed many. You cannot honestly believe that after a week or two of absense we will forgive you for attacking dwarf town. Least I won't.

Bumbol Woodstock
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

I have killed two dwarves and for that I am deeply grieved and sorry now that I look back on it. You are right, you have no reason to trust me again. But I ask not for your complete trust or forgiveness at this time, but only for you to look past personal wrongs to the greater good...and to be a part of something good that may have a chance to heal this land.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

You can worship the gods if you want. Though Nargun enjoys the chaos that seems to be everywhere. But the gods will not change anything. Darloks holds the key to the drought and we only wait for Damien to talk to Darlok then it will be over. Though I would hope you worship the gods together anyways, you shouldn't pray to the gods only when you need it. You worship when times are good and bad.

Grant Herion
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Grant Herion wrote:Darloks holds the key to the drought
No mortal individual holds the key to ending the drought...of that I have divine knowledge...
Last edited by Elaralith on Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bumbol Woodstock

Post by Bumbol Woodstock »

Well, we'll see....
Last edited by Bumbol Woodstock on Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Bumbol Woodstock wrote:Fine Darlok knows the source of the drought.

Grant
No mortal individual holds the key or knowledge to ending the drought...of that I have divine knowledge...
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

We'll see soon enough Elaralith.

Grant
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Eh, and how can we know that the gods have not given Darlok this key to reign down this drought, he holds power no mortal human could ever acheive in a lifetime.

~~Allerus~~
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

No more excuses will be accepted, Elaralith! The only divine knowledge you have is how to send souls up to meet the gods! You have "apologized" too many times for people to take you seriously! You were given your chances, and you have not changed. Goodluck to thee.

Signed,
Paul Laffing
Aradhul

Post by Aradhul »

To all those that deny this prayer thing,

It is a chance and it is a better chance then submitting to Darlok *sneers*. If there is a way to get this drought over with without the mad man I say we at least give it a try.

~Aradhul Rythwier~
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Yes, can do without this madman, so how about we banish Aradhul? Darlok has said he will end the drought when Damien meets him, as far as I am concerned, the gods have given him power, and therefore the right to rule to the extent of his power.

~Allerus
Aradhul

Post by Aradhul »

Aahh yes Another Darlok bootlicker. If it is Darlok that is causing the drought people of TrollsBane. Then what are we going to do next time he demands something? For he will again demand something else are you just going to be beaten into submission again? Now this prayer offers us a chance to stop this Darlok *sneers* from trying to again take things from us and maybe just maybe it will also give you the key to making sure he never demands anything from anyone again.

~Aradhul Rythwier~
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Dear Citizens,

it is time to bind together and to kneel before our gods.
I have thouhgt this times ago and will say it now again.
There is a need of prayer to our gods to end this drought.
Not only a prayer from one person, but a prayer of all citizens together.

Citizens of the town have desecrated Usharas Shrine. Therefore the gods have closed their ears to our prayers. Only if we all bind together in our prayer, they will show mercy on us.

I know, it is hard to forgive and to trust Elaralith after all, she has done. And even for myself, it is hard to trust her this time. But see the goal! Don't watch the person behind. It is more important to pray to the gods together, than hacking on each other about yesterdays squarrels.

Also one word to the drought. As far as the knowledge is true, that the wise Damien has gained by his search in the library other the last weeks, Darlok hasn't got the power to end the drought. He can only produce a drought, but not end it. He has powers over the death of things, but not over life of things. This would be much worse, if he has both in his hands, powers over life and over death. What Damien shall get from Darlok now is the key to activate a drought so that Darlok isn't able to use it once more to blackmaile the town.

To say it once more, bind together in prayer to our gods.
I will be there in Falkners shrine!

Aragon ben Galwan
Earl and Templar of the Grey Rose
Priest of Malachin
Councilor of Lyrenzia

---

Werte Bürger,

Es ist nun die Zeit gekommen, sich gemeinsam vor unseren Göttern auf die Knie zu begeben und zu beten.
Ich habe darüber schon früher nachgedacht und werde es nun noch einmal laut sagen.
Es sind die Gebete zu unseren Göttern nötig, um die Dürre zu beenden!
Nicht nur ein Gebet von einer Person, sondern ein Gebet aller Bürger der Stadt zusammen!

Irgendwelche Bürger der Stadt haben den Schrein Usharas entweiht. Deshalb haben die Götter ihre Ohren vor uns verschlossen. Nur wenn wir uns alle zusammenschließen in unserem Gebet, werden die Götter Gnade zeigen.

Ich weiß, dass es schwer ist, Elaralith zu vertrauen und ihr zu vergeben, nach allem, was sie getan hat. Und selbst mir fällt es schwer, ihr diesmal zu vertrauen. Aber schaut auf das Vorhaben, auf das Ziel! Schaut nicht auf die Person dahinter! Es ist wichtiger zusammen zu den Göttern zu beten, als aufeinander über gestrige Streitigkeiten herumzuhacken.

Ein Wort auch noch zur Dürre. Soweit das Wissen wahr ist, dass der weise Damien bei seiner Suche in der Bibliothek die letzten Wochen erlangt hat, besitzt Darlok nicht die Macht, die Dürre zu beenden. Er kann nur Dürre verursachen, aber nicht beenden. Er hat Kräfte über das Absterben, aber nicht über das Wachsen. Das wäre wesentlich schlimmer, wenn er beides, Kräfte über Absterben und über Wachstum, in seinen Händen halten würde.
Was Damien von Darlok nun bekommen soll, ist der Schlüssel, um eine Dürre hervorzurufen, nicht dass Darlok dies noch einmal für eine Erpressung verwenden könnte.

Ich sage es noch einmal, verbindet euch im Gebet zu unseren Göttern!
Ich werde an Falkners Schrein sein!

Aragon ben Galwan
Graf und Templer der Grauen Rose
Priester Malachins
Ratsherr von Lyrenzia
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Let's remember, Darlok only promises to tell Damien the source of the drought. It will then be up to everyone else to end it.

~Unsigned~
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

I shall see you there Elaralith.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

If I can be awake and alive, I Will join this mass prayer.

~San~
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Kasume has no thinking of how this island has gotten like this... He doesn't want to believe it... He came from a perfect home that he shaped himself... He left a child... Now an adult... Kasume doesn't want to think of these matters...

How could a man like Darlock get such power over this land? It just doesn't make sense... He was a man that tortured many... Including me... He was never a sensible man according to my knowledge... How could I person like him obtain power? Prayer sounds like a idea... Yet there is a huge doubt it would help... As if you done wrong, the gods will never help. They aren't as understanding and give forgivness such as a "mortal". To see this island resort to prayer only shows that there is no solution. Your just trying to make things better with every little thing you find. My country Verdaneal... Fought it's war for almost 20 years... Finally ended last year. Although when I had gotten there... They hadn't been fighting a war. They had only been praying for hope. Now, there is hardly no townsfolk on my country. If there is any it is a small number. Huge fortresses have been built on most of the main parts. Gaurds on watch all the time. Though prayer brought them this? Prayer is the last solution you should resort to... As the basic understanding I have is... well... prayer doesn't save.
Viola Thistle

Post by Viola Thistle »

"I have harkened the calling of Oldra, and I shall attend the gathering to honor Her and implore Her ear to hear our prayers, Her eyes to see our suffering and Her hand to heal the wounds of our island. I humbly request that all followers of Oldra, particularly the halflings that love Her so, to be present at this prayer.

"Let us not forsake our beautiful, bountiful land, for it is the land that ties us to the Gods. The land is the Gods' table laden with fruits and beast to sustain us. This land was given to us, and we hold a responsibility to greater than any other. Now that the Gods' gift to us has been defiled by a imprudent mortal, do we slink away into the shadows? Do we willing give the blessed land to him? Or do we rise together to inform our Providers that a vile creature has desiccated Their most lovely work and seek Their aid?"

"Come humbly, come subserviently my towns mates to pray to the Gods."

"Come humbly, come subserviently my townsmates to pray to the Gods."
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Paul Laffing wrote:You have "apologized" too many times for people to take you seriously! You were given your chances, and you have not changed. Goodluck to thee.
Dear Paul,
This is the second time I have apologized and whether you believe it or not...after each time of these trials I have learned much and changed. We must all change for the better or for the worse...some of us change more often others less so. For myself I must say indeed my time in Troll's Bane has brought about changes that would seem unnatural for an elf anywhere else-but what can I say but that the surroundigns here in Troll's Bane are so diverse as to make change imminent.

Once again, I am not asking you to take me seriously...but to take the gods seriously. Maybe in time you will come to take me seriously again by the grace of the gods...maybe not. That in comparison to taking the gods seriously is a small issue. So it is that I beg you to take yourself, your situation, and the gods seriously. Don't give me a chance give yourself a chance to redeem yourself in the eyes of the gods.

Finally, I say to you again I do not hold it against you or anyone who do not immediately give me another chance and accept my chance. We are all mere mortals afterall and incapable of many things. But truth be it is that I have changed as we all must in due time and chances we should give each other as based on how we forgive each other so the gods shall use the same measure to forgive us.

May it be that you have a change of heart,

To all Troll's Bane,
It gladdens my heart to see such a heartfelt response to the call of prayer. I say to you again "The gods shall not close their ears if all Troll's Bane calls out to them". So be sure that each and everyone of you calls to your neighbour and spreads the light you have been given so that we may be gathered and become a beacon of light that shall shine in the darkness.

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo! A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting!

Crosis

Post by Crosis »

I'm not certain if I'll be able to make it, but I'll try my hardest to be there, and I thank you Elaralith for putting this together.

Crosis Smallburrow
Founder of the Evergreen Halflings
Councilor of the Lyrenzia Foundation
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Dear Elaralith.

I remember your last "change". How long did it last? Not very. I, a lowly "liar" and "murderer" am not fit to pray to the gods, or so says your gospel. There is an old saying, that goes somewhat like this.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

You have been given your chances, and I'll be damned if I believe one word coming out of your mouth.

Signed,
Paul Laffing
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Dear Crosis,
I appreciate your thank you, and I hope to see you at the neverending prayer!

Dear Paul,
I don't have any "gospel"...but be sure that you do not damn yourself in damning me. There is also a wise saying that goes, "Forgive your enemy if he confesses and makes amends, for it is better to have friends rather than enemies.

((Sorry to all I have confused but the time is Wednesday September 10 4:00 PM GMT. I can't believe I forgot the PM :oops: ))
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Elaralith wrote:"Forgive your enemy if he confesses and makes amends, for it is better to have friends rather than enemies."
But if you forgive your enemy and they stab you in the back, do you want that kind of friend? You can only say sorry so many times.
Rynt

Post by Rynt »

(( Problem with the time is, that many people are at work or school at that time. ))
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Dear Paul,
You must judge yourself and make the final decision in the end concerning that...but be sure you do not judge others too harshly, for in the same manner you judge so the gods shall judge you.

((@Paul Please continue this discussion with me using the PM, I don't want this thread clogged with too much unnecessary words since that would make it hard for those people who want to participate in the coming Rp event to find out the date and time. Thank you.))

((@Rynt What do you think would be a better time?))
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Dear Elaralith,

The final point I have been trying to make is that this "neverending prayer" is of no use because you have stilted information, obviously told to you by Moshran, or whatever evil gods you engage in conversations with.

Signed,
Paul Laffing
Aradhul

Post by Aradhul »

Paul Laffing

It seems that you are trying to prolong this drought. Elaralith has offered us a way to stop this drought and possible slow Darloks power. Maybe you dont want this to happen. Maybe you are now working with Darlok. So tell me something Elaralith has had more white marks than black on her record. But you have few white and many black who should we believe? I leave that up to you people of Trollsbane listen to Paul who has many black marks on his record or listne to Elaralith who has done more good than bad in this town.

~Aradhul Rythwier~
Rion Kerman

Post by Rion Kerman »

(( Its very hard. The time difference is 8 hours. I dont know, but I think 14 o´clock at GMT+2 would be good and that would be 22PM))

I´ll listen to Elaralith. I´ll try to come to Falkners Hain.
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

((12th of september would be better, for it'd be friday and I am unavailable on wensday(s).))

I am not sure if she can be trusted, or forgiven.