A Neverending Prayer

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Aradhul wrote:Paul Laffing

It seems that you are trying to prolong this drought. Elaralith has offered us a way to stop this drought and possible slow Darloks power. Maybe you dont want this to happen. Maybe you are now working with Darlok. So tell me something Elaralith has had more white marks than black on her record. But you have few white and many black who should we believe? I leave that up to you people of Trollsbane listen to Paul who has many black marks on his record or listne to Elaralith who has done more good than bad in this town.

~Aradhul Rythwier~
What good has Elaralith done? She has stolen and killed. She has cheat and lied.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

It is amazing how so many can forgive Elaralith for causing genocide on the dwarves. Very amazing.

Grant Herion
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Grant Herion wrote:It is amazing how so many can forgive Elaralith for causing genocide on the dwarves. Very amazing.

Grant Herion
Dear Grant,
In all my life I have only ever killed 2 dwarves...and for that I am deeply grieved and I am even now seeking for a way to recompensate those 2...but I don't know if killing 2 persons can be considered genocide...Genocide would be more along the lines of wiping out a whole race in my opinion...
paul laffing wrote:She has stolen and killed. She has cheat and lied.

Dear Paul,
Now it is you who lie because as you would know if you would ask anyone who has knows me I don't steal, cheat, or lie. Why is this a fact? It is because of my personal beliefs one of being that wordly possessions are worthless hence my total disregard of physical objects.

Dear Caranthir,
Again, I know I have done a lot recently that raises doubt to my trustworthiness...I totally understand if you or any other doesn't know if he can trust me. But I do not seek your trust...though I hope for healing in time. I seek only that you help in something that will be for the greater good ....something that has a chance for healing this land...restoring Balance. Personally, I greatly wish for this healing as I myself have been like Nature...unbalanced.

Best wishes,
~Elaralith, Priestess of Elara~

((Can everyone who wants to participate in this Rp event please state what they think would be a good time or better yet PM me with their suggestions. Then maybe we can all decide on a time that will be good for everyone :wink:.))
Last edited by Elaralith on Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Do you even know the names of the dwarves you killed? And what about the dwarves that tried to get you out of Dwarftown on your first burning? I am pretty sure you killed a lot more then 2 dwarves. I am guessing around 6. Plus you burned down thier home calling them all "servants of evil".
And I am almost positive that if there was any more dwarves awake in dwarftown when you were there you would have killed them.

Grant
Rion Kerman

Post by Rion Kerman »

Dear Grant,
trust is our most powerful weapon against the evil.
If you cant forgive, we already lost.

Rion
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Dear Grant,
It touches me deeply the way you keep bringing up the topic of my crimes in Silverbrand...I am truly convinced you must care a whole lot about the dwarves. But please, I myself am currently apologizing and am communicating with dwarves by dove...I am very aware and sorry for my previous actions. I beg you to write me some letters if you wish to rage at me or question me concerning my evil-doing in Silverbrand instead of taking up space here in the neverending prayer. It makes it hard for people that want to find information on the neverending prayer if such side-topics are continually discussed. Thank you.
~Elaralith

((In other words, I will say the same words I said to Paul. If you have words that don't have anything to do with the neverending prayer make those words using the PM!))
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

((Due to some e-mails concerning the time for the neverending prayer I have decided to change the time that I hope will be more convenient for the most people. Please PM me if you have any thoughts about this new time - good or bad. The new time:Saturday, September 13 9:00 PM GMT))
Galim

Post by Galim »

i can and will never forgive elaralith for her crimes against silverbrand and the dwarves. thats all i have to say about this.

Galim

((i won't be able to be on at saturday, sorry))
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Dear Citizens,

the question is not, if you can forgive Elaralith or not, or if you can trust her or not.
The real important question is, if you will pray with other citizens to our gods to end the drought!
This is, what is needed. And if you don't trust the words of Elaralith, than trust my word, that there is a need of prayer.

---

Werte Bürger,

die Frage ist nicht, ob ihr Elaralith vergeben könnt oder nicht, ob ihr ihr trauen könnt oder nicht.
Die wirklich wichtige Frage ist, ob ihr bereit seit mit anderen Bürgern zu unseren Göttern zu beten, um diese Dürre zu beenden!
Das ist allein nötig. Und falls ihr nicht den Worten Elaraliths traut, dann vertraut meinen Worten, das Gebet notwendig ist.

Aragon ben Galwan
Earl and Templar of the Grey Rose
Priest of Malachin
Councilor of Lyrenzia
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Seems as if your waiting for other people to solve this problem... It's something that the people can and should solve. Yes we may not know how, but that just means we need to find out.
Rion Kerman

Post by Rion Kerman »

Or it just means we need help, because we cant solve it alone.

Rion
Last edited by Rion Kerman on Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Yes... Maybe so. Yet praying for a god to solve things for us doesn't show we deserve to live. If we can't take care of ourselves... Then what can we do?
Rion Kerman

Post by Rion Kerman »

Rion came to the board, but he didnt knew what to write... he just didnt knew, so he went away.
Last edited by Rion Kerman on Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Dear Galim,
I am sorry to hear that, but I do believe that someday the gods will touch your soul and give you the capacity to forgive. The ability to forgive is a great gift, a treasure among treasures. I will pray that you receive it soon...But heed well the words of Aragon priest of Malachin. I am only acting as a "speaker for the gods" or helper. So there is no need to trust me...only a need to have faith in the gods. I am only being an instrument of the gods in all of this which I feel blessed to be able to be a part of.
May a star guide you,
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Elaralith
With your high and mighty attitude, how come you can't do it by yourself?
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

So the snake sheds its skin once again. New skin, still snake. How clever witch. You wait till the hard work is done and the castle built. You burn us and kill us as we try to save the land. Now the end is close, you take credit for ending the drought. Any Gods that would listen to your foul tongue are no Gods I will ever follow.

Algoran.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

A new piece of paper hangs, a passage from a previous page has been copied

Grant said:
"It is amazing how so many can forgive Elaralith for causing genocide on the dwarves. Very amazing."

And I would find it amazing if anyone would listen to you for your attempted genocide against the Halflings. Indeed, it is easy for you to forget your own past, but you never forget the same mistakes of your enemies. You are the one sided with Darlok, the one who destroys this land. It is not difficult to see you would sabotage any attempt to end this drought without giving into your master.

I for one disliked Elaralith and though I cannot forget, I can forgive. I shall do my best to attend.

Hermie
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

You all should be cautioned, this might be a clever trick to lure all of you too your deaths. A well thought out plan if it is such.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

So no one has anything to say against my statment. Very well.

I faced Darlok today. Only to find, he has become worse than what he was. He wasn't so bad many years ago. Yet now with power. A castle. And the thinking he owns all. Makes him look sadened... Yet thinking being king is a good thing. Taking control... mmm... Well. I leave this matter to you all. I will not mess with things I care not about. The drought comes for not his fault. Yet our fault that we let him do this. Maybe the trees should be gone forever. Before I thought I should do everything in my power to help. Yet now seeing the situation. I say that I do not want to help. Or be apart of any of this. My home Verdaneal is a much nicer place. I could move there if I wished.

I do wish you luck wi the lettering trails off. Stopping at a pause in a word.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

I tried to commit Genocide Hermie? Do you have a clue as to what Genocide is you stupid hobbit? Genocide is where a person or group of people go out to kill off a race. I never did this. Infact, I was killed, never a hobbit. And you can ask around and you will find the same answer.

Grant
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

If Genocide is the act of wiping out a race... Then how come ealier you stated Elaralith commited Genocide on the dwarves. Yet I still see dwarves happily about in town? Hmmm If you would make up your mind on the definition of genocide, Grant.
Galim

Post by Galim »

Its funny that elaralith want us all for a big pray to the gods. it was she who have set fire on the shrine of Irmorom. it was she who have burned parts of the temple of Irmorom. and such a blasphemer wants to pray to the gods for their help?

Galim
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Gods do not forgive for those kinds of things...
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Galim wrote:Its funny that elaralith want us all for a big pray to the gods. it was she who have set fire on the shrine of Irmorom. it was she who have burned parts of the temple of Irmorom. and such a blasphemer wants to pray to the gods for their help?

Galim
Dear Galim,
What is so funny about it...maybe I have missed something but I don't really find any humor in something so serious and holy as this...we are talking about all of us confessing our wrongs to the gods and begging for their help. We are talking about us evil creatures invoking the holy gods on high. We are talking about forgetting differences to come together so that evil's reign may be ended, and the drought gone. There is much to be thoughtful about here...but not humor I don''t think.

Keep in mind that the greatest servants of the gods were those who once opposed them so viciously as to be persecutors of any followers of gods and great "blasphemers" of the gods themselves. It is said that the gods choose their instruments from the most unlikeliest places and I have faith in that.

Elara grant thee learning,
Athian

Post by Athian »

It's seems as if everyone is so tkaen to one side or another that the idea of a mass prayer may not come pass, and even if it does there may be few who wish to attend, I think maybe just for one Day we should all just set aside our past rivalries and have the Mass prayer, even if it does not invoke the Gods to help us it may help to restore some unity in our town.I and my Second are likily to attend as such.

Athian Corulas-Sura Seeker
Order of the Seeker
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Dear Athian,
I encourage you as I have encouraged the whole community in previous posts to go to Falkner's Shrine anytime you want in fact I encourage you to go there as often as you can. Anyone who goes to the shrine to pray contributes to the neverending prayer...how else could it be neverending afterall? The mass prayer is just a part of the neverending prayer, not the whole thing. That's why whether or not people attend the mass prayer the neverending prayer will still have continued. But I can assure you from the amount of doves I have received from people who are coming...many, many people will most likely be there.
Wisdom be your guide,
Kincent Nolatri
Location: Think to your self, does Kincent stay still long enough for a location

Post by Kincent Nolatri »

Athian wrote:It's seems as if everyone is so tkaen to one side or another that the idea of a mass prayer may not come pass, and even if it does there may be few who wish to attend, I think maybe just for one Day we should all just set aside our past rivalries and have the Mass prayer, even if it does not invoke the Gods to help us it may help to restore some unity in our town.I and my Second are likily to attend as such.

Athian Corulas-Sura Seeker
Order of the Seeker
I would come if it would work like you said,but it won't some people are two hellbent to put aside there different's to even pray toghter
Athian

Post by Athian »

Elaralith

Well i hope this idea of your will likily do us some good, though many have reason to dislike you I see not any reason to not at least pray, still some may find a more solid and tangable solution to seem better at the time, for these people there descions are there own, I am just surprised at the number of those who are avidly against this Idea, or is it more that they are against you I wonder. I mean no disrespect it's just an observation.

Athian Corulas
Order of the Seeker
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Forget the drought! Our town needs help! As we speak a rotworm is in town! Let's save at least what we have!!
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

In prayer is the power to defeat anything.