Lyrenzia Foundation: Judicial trial / Gerichtsverfahren #30

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lyrenzia Foundation

Lyrenzia Foundation: Judicial trial / Gerichtsverfahren #30

Post by Lyrenzia Foundation »

The 30th Judicial Trial of the Lyrenzia Foundation has hereby begun.

The charges are:
1) Paul Laffing accuses Fastolph Cottenfluff of two counts of attempting to kill himself.

2) Paul Laffing accuses Fastooph Cottenfluff of unecessary and excessive casting within town limits.

3) Paul Laffing accuses Johan Stambugger of two counts of attempting to kill himself.

4) Paul Laffing accuses Fastooph Cottenfluff of unecessary and excessive casting within town limits.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Paul Laffing has been acussing an aweful lot lately.....

~not signed~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Idiot, these are the 2 hobbits that casted on him with Elaralith...
And why are you afraid to state your name?

Grant
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

This kinda helps the fact that Elaralith has very little to do with the incident with Paul. If these are the same halflings I think they are out to get Paul. Thats just the way it seems to me.

Signed,
Gannon
Athian

Post by Athian »

Has something else been done or is this a continuation of the previous trail without the inclusion of Elaralith in list of the accused, or some blending of both?

~Athian Corulas~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Hm... So Gannon, with your logic, 10 people can kill 1 person and only get 1 hour a peice since they alone did a small part in the murder? I hope this isn't truely what you believe.

Grant
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Not at all but as my memory still recalls Elaralith was only casting paralize. If I was a mage seemed to be the right thing to do. Was not her fault the halfling mages casted offensive spells. She in no way to me memory made any attempt to 'hurt' Paul. She may have helped to his demise but it was an indirect one. Now back to THIS trial. This will be my last posting here as I was not present during these events. Thank you.

Signed,
Gannon
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Please, Elaralith casted on paul, and in town. She helped kill Paul. Plain and simple.

Grant
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Dear Lyrenzia,

I can testify that I have known Fastolph Cottonfluff for a few weeks now. I have not known him to show any acts of reasonless violence and known him to be a pleasant, peaceful friend.

I did not witness the incident. I write here to show that it is not like Fastolf Cottonfluff to do such a thing.

I hope that Lyrenzia will take this into account when deciding verdict.

Thank you for your time,

Hermie
Nerevar Schattenaxt

Post by Nerevar Schattenaxt »

All the things Paul describes are true... I saw the halfling murder paul, casting in town, killing innocent people and burning the tavern!
- Nerev
Athian

Post by Athian »

Elaralith has apperently nothing to do with this trail so just leave her out of it, if you want to argue her role in it porceed to the pervious trail. last thing we need is a repeat of you two argueing like that last. Grow up you two fighting like this doesn't do anything. and if your going to say I have nothing to do with this well the simple fact is that this is a public trail not a cloesed discussion. So why don't you to keep quiet and let this actually come to a resolution.

~Athian~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Hermie, might I ask when was the last time you talked with Fastolph Cottenfluff ?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Paul Laffing, you are now advised that one of your biggest concern right now in this case is that somebody needs to actually be able to identify the two halflings in that incident as the two names that you have labeled them.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

The last time I spoke to Fastolph was no more than a couple of days ago.

Hermie
Pronon Palmsuger

Post by Pronon Palmsuger »

I have known Fastoplf for a while and yes he is a mage but I dont think he would be murdering Paul or anyone.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

I am positive these are the two people, as Fastolph sent me a private letter telling me that it was he and this other person, and that he wants me to tell Crosis that he wants out of the Evergreens. I also have an anonymous informant who confirmed that Fastolph is the person.
Aradhul

Post by Aradhul »

You see how Paul is lieing?? He actually thinks Fastolph would confide in him What a fool you are. I do know what your trying to do I suggest you stop or I swear By all the gods I will shove it right back into your face if you continue. I have much more experience in what you plan on doing and YOU DONT WANT TO CONTINUE.

~Aradhul Rythwier~
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Aradhul, stuff it.

Paul, your clearly a lier, and wrong, I suggest you withdraw your falty claims...

~San~
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Paul Laffing, obviously YOU claim that those are the names of the halflings who assaulted you, hence your accusations. However none of your other witnesses have refered to those haflings by those names.

Unless you think you don't need their testimony, I suggest you convince your other witnesses as soon as possible that the two halflings they saw are indeed the same which you have labeled.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

The other witnesses didn't know the names of the halflings. I would like Fastolph to testify.
Lyrenzia Foundation

Post by Lyrenzia Foundation »

The court of Lyrenzia has reached it's verdict.

1) Fastolph Cottenfluff has been found Not Guilty of two counts of attempting to kill Paul Laffing.

2) Fastooph Cottenfluff has been found Not Guilty of unecessary and excessive casting within town limits.

3) Johan Stambugger has been found Not Guilty of two counts of attempting to kill Paul Laffing.

4) Johan Stambugger has been found Not Guilty of unecessary and excessive casting within town limits.

The 30th Judicial Trial of the Lyrenzia Foundation has hereby ended.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

I don't know why Falstooph wasn't found guilty... He didn't even testify, but you found him guilty? I don't even care to sign but I am sure you can recognize my writing.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Interesting, I believe Lyrenzia made a flaw in their little court here. Fastolph Cottonfluff is anything but a peaceful hobbit. He has mastered every powerful spell in the books and has gone up to the castle numerous times to kill all of us who are around there.
But you found him not guilty. Why is this? Is it because Fastolph Cottenfluff is a good friend of Crosis Smallburrows? Is it because Lyrenzia doesn't like to send friends of Council members to jail?
Seems that Paul Laffing had ample evidence of Fastolph attacking him. And for some crazy reason he was found not guilty. And he just so happens to be a friend of a "judge". A very good court you have here indeed.

Grant Herion
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

In my time I've encountered many crazy people and theives, not saying anything is proof enough to make them guilty.

~Avrillon
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Dear Grant Herion,

thank you for this great compliment. It is much worth from your lips.
Grant Herion wrote:A very good court you have here indeed.
Indeed, our court is really good. As you can read in the testimonies to this case, noone could identify the hobbits as those two, named by Paul Laffing. So it wasn't sure, if these are really the ones, doing this.
And it is a sign of a good court, that if there is no evidence it decides, that the accused are not guilty. Maybe the two where the ones, maybe not, but we have had no proof. Only word against word.

By the way, it must be very boring at Darloks castle, that you always find the time to search for errors, Lyrenzia might make. Seemed to be your new hobby.

Aragon ben Galwan
Earl and Templar of the Grey Rose
Priest of Malachin
Councilor of Lyrenzia
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Aragon, it must be really boring at the lyrenzia castle, or should i say shack? And I love how the more powerful people of lyrenzia always seem to stoop as low as to insult the person argueing with them. It shows much maturity.
And like I said, it was very interesting how Fastolph is known for causing trouble, is a friend of Crosis', never came here and said he was innocent, but he was found not guilty. There was no evidence that this hobbit didn't do it.

Grant Herion
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Grant Herion wrote:There was no evidence that this hobbit didn't do it.
There was neither no evidence that this hobbit DID do it.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Are you suggesting that anyone who doesn't show up to court is automatically considered guilty? Unfortunately I don't see this in the law anywhere, but I might not mind if that were changed someday, because it would make our work that much easier.

By the way, the court's job is to prove guilt, not innocence. If the onus was to prove innocence, we'd all be guilty of a million crimes.

I am very convinced, that Paul Laffing was attacked by two halflings. But I am not convinced as to who the two halflings were, since nobody else identified the halflings as Fastolph or the other name that Paul Laffing provided. I am not convinced by Paul Laffing alone suggesting names that nobody else identified, and apparently neither is the rest of the council.

You also don't have a very clean reputation yourself. Does that mean that every time some witnesses claim they saw a "human" commit it a crime, then we should automatically beleive that it was Grant Herion just because one single not-very-reputable person says it was? I wouldn't think so.

Dyluck
Headmaster of the Magic Academy
Councilor of Lyrenzia
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Oh but Dyluck, if you remember, when I was exiled it was from a person who matched my description. Or did you forget? They had absoluetly no evidence against me, and yet I was found guilty because of my reputation. It is exactly the same with the hobbit, pity I wasn't a very good friend of yours huh?

Grant Herion
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

No, I don't remember. After all, there are over 30 trials in the workings. Feel free to find the official documents, and I might make a comment about it.
Yes, it is a pity that you don't choose your friends wisely.

Dyluck
Headmaster of the Magic Academy
Councilor of Lyrenzia