Lyrenzia Foundation: Judicial trial / Gerichtsverfahren #29

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lyrenzia Foundation

Lyrenzia Foundation: Judicial trial / Gerichtsverfahren #29

Post by Lyrenzia Foundation »

The 29th Judicial Trial of the Lyrenzia Foundation has hereby begun.

The charges are:
1) Paul Laffing accuses Elaralith of two counts of attempting to kill him.
Aradhul

Post by Aradhul »

Paul Laffing is a Liar. He threatened to kill 2 hafling and so Elaralith stopped him. He was also asked to leave the little gathering alone he did not and started to insult many who where there.

~Aradhul Rythwier~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

I would like the Lyrenzia Foundation to take note, Aradhul was with Elaralith when she was destroying Silverbrand. So it is very possible that he is lieing for her at this time.
Also, I would like the judges to take into consideration Elaralith's history. She has killed many before.

Grant
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

Well here is where my tiny testimony comes in. I was there when Elaralith and two halflings. Who I don't know killed Paul. As to my knowledge they came into town screaming they were being threatened by Paul... I myself went along to see the outcome of these acusations. When Elaralith and the two nameless halflings found Paul they imdiedtly starting casting on Paul. Which Elaralith helped them. I stood back to watch not wanting to get involved. As the two halfing mages and Elaralith were doing quite fine. As for the second count. I have no idea. Ask someone who knows. But it seems Elaralith was just helping the threatened halflings. Thank you.

Signed,
Gannon
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

I am fairly sure that the two halflings, if they could perform spells perfectly, could have taken care of Paul Laffing alone. Therefore Elaralith didn't need to touch Paul, she had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Grant
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

To tell you the truth your'e probably right. But as it was even I didn't know at the time they were even mages. Elaralith had no idea at the time... Kinda funny when I think back on it they acted alot less powerfull than they really were.... Mayhaps we should ask the halflings about this?

Signed,
Gannon
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Paul told me he didn't know them... Only Elaralith who struck at him without warning. Yet another all time low for Elaralith...

Grant
Sir Gannon

Post by Sir Gannon »

My memory won't seem to recall 'who struck first' But I remember quite a fireworks display from all three of them. Those two halflings could have easily blown Paul away by themselves. But i'm thinking mayhaps they wanted someone to blame it on. Who better than Elaralith? Just my opinion.

Signed,
Gannon
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

It would help if we could get a testimony from Paul Laffing, Elaralith, and these two halflings.
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Here are the events through my eyes:

I was in the town by the shop talking with Gannon and Aradhul when two hobbits came into the town shouting about "crushing the Movement". I was curious as were Gannon and Aradhul and we went with the hobbits to see what it was they were talking about. As we traveled north we encountered Paul Laffing who said "Stop now and noone will get hurt". Then he threatened to kill the hobbits, and started moving towards them. As I had seen the hobbits do nothing wrong but were now being threatened by Paul Laffing and perhaps about to be attacked by him I merely used a couple of paralyze spells to keep Paul immobile. The hobbits then killed Paul.

Later on back in town with Gannon and Aradhul, Paul met me and started assaulting me verbally calling me a "murderer" and such. At this point the hobbits casted on Paul and he was mysteriously attacked. He died.

That is the end of my account of the events, and I am rightly confused by these accusations of "attempted murder twice" as I only casted a few paralyze spells out of town to stop one Paul Laffing from carrying out his threats of murder.

I might add that perhaps the reason this Grant Herion self named "A Prince" so vigorously defends Paul and accuses me (even though he was not anywhere near during the events and could not have known what happened at all) has to do with him being the leader of "the movement" and what the hobbits said about "defeating the movement".

It is my pleasure to be of help Korwin.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

A small note is posted near Elaraliths post

"Remember Grant, dimwits"

it remains unsigned

paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Here is how it happened, as I saw it.

I was going to the demon cave with Xanthe Talon when I saw two hobbits casting flames on the castle. I warned them that that was private property, and they might not want to be caught on it. They cast on me, so I warned them to "leave or die". They continued casting on me until I was dead. Then, they fled to town, where I followed them to confront them and straighten this out. I met them halfway to town, with Elaralith and Gannon. The hobbits starting to run, so I told them "Stop now and no one will get hurt". Elaralith started casting on me, and the hobbits did the same. After killing me, they moved into town, where I confronted them again. Elaralith told me that she killed me because I threatened the hobbits, and threatening is the same as killing. Then, Elaralith started to threaten me that if I did not get out of town, she would kill me. Then, she started to kill me with a war axe, and succeeded. I came back, only to be called a liar, murderere, and whatever other cruel names Elaralith could conjure up, and I was told that I was the one that was going to be thrown into jail because no one likes me, all this by Elaralith. Meanwhile, the hobbits were casting spells in town all around us. Then, she started to "beat" an orc who was there, named Gorluss, I believe, or something to that effect. This beating consisted of staring at him. As parting words, Elaralith told me that she hoped that she hoped elven wine would burn me.

I hope, people of the jury, that even if elaralith somehow snakes her way out of getting a jail sentence for this, she should be thrown out of town on the grounds of insanity.
Aradhul

Post by Aradhul »

You twist your words Paul. In town after you were killed you accused Elaralith of using a bow on you. Now you switch to a war axe story this is obvisouly a lie for if it wasnt why would he Now change his story?
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Where did he say it was a bow Aradhul?

Grant
Aradhul

Post by Aradhul »

Right after it happened Grant.
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Yes, I did not see Elaralith clearly as she was killing me, but I now realize it was a war axe, not a bow, based on the accounts of other eyewitnesses and even yourself, arudhul.
paul laffing

Re: Lyrenzia Foundation: Judicial trial / Gerichtsverfahren

Post by paul laffing »

Lyrenzia Foundation wrote: 1) Paul Laffing accuses Elaralith of two counts of attempting to kill him.
That is not what I accuse her of. I accuse her of two counts of murderer. She didn't attempt to, she actually suceeded.
Aradhul

Post by Aradhul »

I did say it wasnt a bow I used this to prove how afflicted your mind is if you cannot decern from the slashing of a weapon and the flying of an arrow
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

You claim that you were murdered TWICE and now you're here to tell about it? That sounds a little absurd don't you think? The penalty for attempted murder is the same, so it shouldn't matter to you anyways.

Also, you were already informed before the start of the trial what charges would be laid and asked if you wanted to proceed, to which you answered "I would like to proceed".

Now, I have a question for you Paul Laffing.
paul laffing wrote:The hobbits starting to run, so I told them "Stop now and no one will get hurt". Elaralith started casting on me, and the hobbits did the same.
Elaralith wrote:As I had seen the hobbits do nothing wrong but were now being threatened by Paul Laffing and perhaps about to be attacked by him I merely used a couple of paralyze spells to keep Paul immobile. The hobbits then killed Paul.
Elaralith claims she only cast paralyze spells on you. Do you deny this?

paul laffing wrote:After killing me, they moved into town, where I confronted them again. Elaralith told me that she killed me because I threatened the hobbits, and threatening is the same as killing. Then, Elaralith started to threaten me that if I did not get out of town, she would kill me.
Elaralith wrote:Later on back in town with Gannon and Aradhul, Paul met me and started assaulting me verbally calling me a "murderer" and such. At this point the hobbits casted on Paul and he was mysteriously attacked. He died.
I've also noted that both Paul Laffing and Elaralith tend to testify the worse parts of what the other person said, and not what they said themselves each. If you want more credibility, I suggest you include your own parts of the conversation too. I assume you both have nothing to hide of course.
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

I know Elaralith was casting on me. I don't know if it was offensive spells or whatnot, but I'm damned sure it wasn't healing spells. It is rather difficult to tell who is casting what when you are paralized, in flames, and being cast upon with powerful spells.

Later, in town, I tried to be civil. Elaralith kept moaning about me being a murderer and liar, and that I did not belong in this town. Yes, I did make remarks about her being self-declared king and that she was the only murderer and liar between the two of us, but nothing as volatile or untrue as what she said.

I would like to see justice for everytime Elaralith has wronged this town, and it is up to you, the jury, to see the light. I also want Xanthe Talon to tell what he said.
Xanthe Talon

Post by Xanthe Talon »

After we left the castle we saw Elaralith and the hobbits and Gannon, the orc was with us at that time too, outside by the flies. The hobbits started yelling stuff about Paul is going to kill them and stuff, witch he wasnt, he just wanted to talk to them. So then Elaralith casted a paralyze spell and the hobbits started casting too. Soon, Elaralith and the hobbits casted paralyze on Paul, the orc, and me. Then Elaralith casted an ice flame on Paul, the orc, and me. A hobbit pulled me out of the ice fire and said, "the lizard didnt do anything." I tried to pull Paul out of the fire but he was already dead :( . Gannon didnt do anything and neither did i, ((i didnt because i thought it was bad roleplay, so i didnt get involved.)) Then the orc and Paul got revived and Elaralith and the hobbits and Gannon and me were standing by the shop talking about why they killed Paul. Elaralith called Paul a murderer and a liar, and so did Aradhul. Then they all started getting upset and Gannon left and i did too for awhile. When i came back, it was no better. People still arguring, and then someone attacked Paul, i think it was Elaralith with her war axe cause she moved by him and then he was dead. After that, it calmed down alittle and nothing happened after that.
Last edited by Xanthe Talon on Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

None of these stories match up, at all.

It seems like its another way to blame Elaralith for yet another crime.

~San~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Your right San, she nevers kills. She only burns Silverbrand and kills dwarves. This is ridiculous, sometimes I think the people in town don't care that Elaralith killed so many...

Grant
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

No grant,I'm not saying she did not do ANY crimes. What I am saying is its highly unlikely that either side will be fair in this, to many people dislike Elaralith as it is, that can sway judgement,

I feel this trial is flawwed.

~San~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

So what do you propose we do with her San?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

If the stories dont match up properly, let her walk....this time

~San~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Stories don't match up? Well, if you think a killer such as Elaralith will tell you the truth of what happened, you my friend will have much to learn.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

you have NO solid proof she is a killer, in this case at least.

~San~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Only the fact that Xanthe and Paul both say she casted on Paul. The only one saying ELaralith did nothing is Aradhul, so it is obvious he is lieing for her.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I'm saying she did not kill, I did not say she did not cast.

and as for the casting, paul himself wasent sure if they were OFFENSIVE spells as opposed to DEFENSIVE spells.

~San~