The Realm Report

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Realm Report

The Realm Report

Post by The Realm Report »

The Realm Report - Issue #1
16th Eldas, year 52
Introduction
A very friendly welcome to you, reader of this very first issue of The Realm Report; an investigative paper that conducts interviews and does cross-checking of claims and rumors so that we may get as close to releasing facts as possible!

My name is Forto, I am the publisher and editor-in-chief of The Realm Report and would like to give you a humble 'thank you' for taking the time to read the words written on this paper. Enough with the introduction, let's get on with the news!
Patrician and Warlord of Blacktusk leaves Galmair, fate of Clan Blacktusk uncertain

There is a rumor of Don Guilianni, Galmair's leader, being rather upset by one of this Patricians Krukk Krakash deciding to leave Galmair. Krukk evidently later moved to Cadomyr but where does that leave his relationship with Galmair and the clan he hails from, Clan Blacktusk? I conducted an interview with Krukk Krakash himself.

Q: Krukk Krakash, what is your take on the whole situation of you leaving Galmair and it causing some unrest?
A: Meh nub spoke whib da Don or knuw whub he realleh dinks about it. Maybeh he be unhappeh because meh nub pay taxes, and meh knuw he be friend ob Orcs. Ta clear dis, meh nub gone because da Don is bad or anything like thaht. He always guhd and fair ta meh.

Q: What about your relationship with Clan Blacktusk?
A: Dere be nub Blacktusks anehmore. Evereh sistah, bruddah or even da Chief wasn't seen or heard fer month. Sum times Groz be around da last ob da Blacktusk. In da truth Krukk was da one whub brought Blacktusks to deir position. Meh be da second highest Rank in Clan, so meh dinks meh hab da position ta make dis statement.

Q: Are you worried of any consequences that might come from Galmair's side following your departure?
A: [Krukk smiles to me and points to his axe before his answer] Nubba, meh nub worried. Meh nub hab anehthing against Galmairians, so long as dey knuw where dey are. Meh will trade, fight togethah.. everehthing meh did before, nub paying taxes ob course. Nevah had problem ta stand behind mehs opinion.

Krukk went on further to explain the following:
'Da warriors and guards ob Galmair just sleeping or crawling in some corners somewhere. Sometimes at Mas meh was da onleh well-trained guard whub had ta defend against mummies and such. Meh was mostleh alone as a guard and da high-ranking guards were mostleh away so meh had da hold da gates ob Galmair. Cadomyr hab maneh strong and honorful warriors, a warrior can find dere respect in da military ranks ob da Nobles. Baron S'rrt K'shire be da onleh one next to Khor and Bragon meh would listen to.'

I happened to be able to catch one of Galmair's chancellors, Caswir Drakull, to ask him about this subject.

Q: Chancellor Drakull, are there consequences for those who leave Galmair, especially high-ranking citizens?
A: There are consequences, ones that the chancellors wouldn't even have to place. From my understanding, it will be difficult for them to gain rank in other towns, or in Galmair if they were to return. I do not have much knowledge about how it works, that's what I heard though.
Order of the Silver Gryphon - A fresh Order of Knights in Cadomyr

The Order of the Silver Gryphon (sometimes referred to as 'Silver Gryphons') is an Order of Knights in Cadomyr that was founded by Sir Dantagon Marescot, a leader of a former Order of Knights on Gobaith, about three months ago on Ushos 52. I had the opportunity to meet with one of the Silver Gryphons, Sir Caine Trevall, to ask him about the Order.

Q: Sir Caine Trevall, in your own words, could you describe the Order?
A: We are just a group of people who have the same wishes and belief of the same important things. All we want is to serve Cadomyr as a whole. That means her Highness, the patron duties and the common folk as well.

Q: What are the differences between how the Order serves Cadomyr and how the rest of the Knights and patrons serve Cadomyr?
A: There are not many differences but it's always better to act inside a group than on your own. We are only a group that has the same beliefs. That does not mean that we try to split anything up in Cadomyr; it's actually the opposite. I guess the difference is the "way" you wish to serve Cadomyr. That's it about the differences in my opinion, at least the clear ones. As for the other differences, I need to think some more.

Q: What are the beliefs of the Silver Gryphons?
A: Serving Cadomyr as a whole. For some Knights [outside the Order] their first agenda is serving the Queen, for others serving the gods, and others just want to serve themselves.

Q: Besides founding the Order of the Silver Gryphons, what other achievements does Sir Dantagon Marescot have in Cadomyr that you know of?
A: As far as I know of his achievements, he is really trying to find a solution for the Letma situation. I have not known him for that long so I do not know of his other achievements but I can say for sure that he is respected not only in Cadomyr but the other cities as well.

Q: What about the achievements of the Order of the Silver Gryphon since its founding?
A: Well, we are still growing and with the Letma situation at hand we concentrate more on the defense of Cadomyr than improving the Order. I can say that we have researched the pillars outside the gates and I believe we have done our part in defending the city up until now, as well.

Q: Have you come up with anything conclusive or meaningful in your research yet?
A: Sadly nothing but theories but theories that still have to be proven true are still better than nothing. I hope that some mages can use them to get rid of the pillars, or that they can be used in some other way in the Letma problem.

After the interview Sir Trevall asked for a transcript of the interview so that he may show it to Sir Marescot 'for approval'.

The Realm Report has not yet had the chance to interview any other members of the Order of the Silver Gryphon nor its founder but that would be a great honor indeed!
A lighter note

The citizens of Cadomyr reported having seen an unusual fish in their fountain. Apparently the fish had colors unlike any other fish, resembling the colors of the Bearers of Fire, they said. It was also said that the fish, when approached by women, bit those women's fingers but did not do so to the man who tried to touch it. It was described to have been nibbling at leather, too. One of the people at the scene speculated that due to its unknown origin and the colors and characteristics it had, it was a "spy fish" sent by the Bearers of Fire, also mentioning that it was Dean Djironnyma personified.
Disclaimer:
  • The writer(s) of the articles have taken the liberty of improving the grammar of some of the statements but rest assured; no truth was twisted!
  • If you believe that something you said was misrepresented, do not hesitate to get in contact with The Realm Report for a correction for the next issue!
  • You may also contact The Realm Report if you wish to see certain articles, advertisements, advice, etc.