A New Dawn (open rp)

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Samantha Stoneridge

Re: A New Dawn (open rp)

Post by Samantha Stoneridge »

Sam scrambles from the bed, yelling out the open door for help. She kneels beside him, not noticing or caring if her nightgown is stained by the blood. With a mumbled threat about making her a widow, she pulls down one of her robes from the bedpost, using it to apply pressure to the wound. She glances around the room frantically, quietly cursing as she realizes she never picked up her order of potions. She calls out again for help, then looks down at her husband.

"First, I am going to stop the bleeding. Then, if I can't get you to the hospital, I will run over to see if I can at least get supplies from there. And if Cherga does not claim you, I am going to make you wish she had by having Granny sit with you until I think you are well."
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Cherga just take me now he says as she applies pressure

The bleeding stops and Sam can see some crude stitches have torn. Upon further investigation. She finds out he was wounded by trying to protect victus. Before he uped and vanish and the scream of an elf distracted him as a demon beast gored him on his side. Evie had stopped the bleeding and poured rum on it and azure had stiched it up as best as he could. Then he tells her he decided to rest by farming. He went to grow some onions he grew 221 and when he picked the last one a skeleton crawled out the field and that must have been when he tore the stitches after destroying the skeleton.

I can hold the pressure if you need to go get anything from the hospital. But I'll be damned if I let that halfling keep an eye on me.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam scowls at him.

"I'm going to tether you to her permanently if you don't stop trying to get yourself killed!" she scolds. "How many times have you saved me from skeletons in my fields? If you want to relax... bake cookies! Or come home and read a book with your wife. You don't go prodding Cherga's children!"

She mumbles to herself about death wishes and affairs with Cherga as she pulls back the robe to check the bleeding.

"It appears to have stopped for the most part. Hold this here, just in case, and I will run to the hospital. Do not die while I am gone... I'm not done nagging."

She positions his hand on the robe, nudging him to apply a bit more pressure. When she's satisfied he's got it, she stands, grabbing an empty basket and hurrying out the door. When she returns, she carries two buckets in addition to the basket. One bucket, she sets near the fire to warm, the other near him on the floor. She grabs a pillow from the bed, gently lifting his head to place it beneath. She works quickly and quietly, pulling the supplies out and laying them on the lid of the basket for easy access. Once set up, she dips a rag in the bucket near the fire and kneels beside him.

"Alright, let's see what I can do."

She gently moves his hand and the robe, using the wet rag to clean the area as best as she can. She tosses the rag in the bucket beside her, reaching for a small jar. She dips her fingers in, then gently spreads a bit of the paste around the edges of the wound. He may be able to tell from the smell and the slightly numb sensation that it is sib paste. Giving the paste a moment to work, she wipes her hands on a rag, then uses another to dab at any bleeding before grabbing her needle.

Her stitches are slow, and she bites her lip in concentration as she tries to keep them steady. After the knot is tied, she sits back on her heels and surveys her work with a frown. Sighing as she realizes she is out of clean cloth, she wipes her hands on her already bloodied nightgown and nods.

"Rest a minute. Then we'll see if we can get you sitting up so I can put some more paste on it and re-bandage it." She stands, grabbing the bucket beside him and moving to pour some water in it from the bucket by the fire. "And then we'll decide if you can stand, or if you're sleeping on the floor tonight."
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

He chuckles at her last words. He sits there for a moment. Then he speaks.

You know why I love you. Your beautiful, caring, fun loving. But mostly cause you are fearless when you need to be and stern as well. You don't hold back what is on your mind. Honesty is a great thing.

When she gets close to him he attempts to pull her down beside him.

I'll get you a new gown. Maybe something a little more see through. He chuckles.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam settles on the opposite side of the freshly stitched wound, swatting gently at his shoulder.

"You can get thoughts like that out of your mind until you're healed." she rolls her eyes, blushing. "I will see about getting a new gown from Mister Cain. A decent one that will keep me warm. I will just steal one of your shirts until then. They should be plenty long enough."

She grins lightly, brushing her lips across his cheek.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure lays his head on her shoulder and dozes off to sleep. If one didn't know any better one would think he ain't slept in days.
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam kisses the top of his head gently, trying to make herself as comfortable as possible on the floor without waking him. Making a mental note to clean the wound again before bandaging it when they wake, she drifts off into a less peaceful sleep than her husband. She wakes often, looking him over carefully each time.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

The next time Sam wakes she may notice she is on the bed. And azure is laying next to her with his arm holding her close. The smell of soul is filling the room. She may notice Camilla stirring the soup. Camilla looks at her. "Hungry"
Samantha Stoneridge

Sam rubs her eyes, appearing exhausted and slightly disoriented. She frowns, looking down at the blood on her gown and hands, shaking her head.

"No, I should get cleaned up before I do anything." she carefully disentangles herself from Azure, trying not to wake him. "Ask your brother not to go running off before I've had a chance to clean that wound again and bandage it properly?"

She moves slowly about the room, gathering all the bloodied rags and her robe into a bucket. After slipping a coat on over her stained gown, she pulls a clean dress from the cabinet and tucks it into a bag.

"As nice as the bath house sounds, I won't go that far. I should be within shouting distance if you need me." she pauses at the mirror, taking in her disheveled appearance with furrowed brows before shrugging. "I won't be gone long. Just enough time to rinse myself and these linens."

She pauses at the door, giving the girl a soft smile.

"And then we'll catch up... I hate to run, but I'm going to take advantage of an extra pair of eyes on him while I can. Threaten him with Granny if need be."

She chuckles, opening the door as quietly as possible.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure lays there for a.bit..

Well that is fine sis.she will be safe. So your either here to tell me father is dead or you just left again.

A bit of both Camilla replied. Father is dead and I left cause I don't want to lead. I'm tired of the lies and want to start fresh.

Azure nods and drifts back to sleep.

Camilla stands over him with a knife.

I'm supposed to.kill you brother that is how.I get to be leader.

She raises the knife and starts to cut some bread to dipnin the soup.

But I'm not gonna kill my only brother. So I left.

Azure turns in his sleep did you say something sis.

Camilla shakes her head as azure drifts off back to sleep
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure approaches a town engulfed in flames he sees a man clad in armor leading a group of orcs. As they rampage across this town until azure sees a temple locked from the out side. As the dark knight lit it on fire. You can here the screams of people. But one scream was familiar when azure looked to the dark knight he was holding Sam making her watch. Azure charged the knight but went through him like he wasn't there. Then after the town was burned the knight turned Sam around and told sam " you will live with the pain of knowing all you loved ones are dead. And you will regret what you done to me. When he released Sam she managed to knock off his helmet. "Noooo it can't be your dead we watched you burn" Sam screamed. Sam fainted and that's when azure realized that this was a memory. Except for Sam wasn't the girl that day. And the knight was him. Then the knight left her there. And everything went black. " you cannot hide from me nor can you run azure" azure woke up and looked around. He was no longer by the management pool but in the dessert at moshran shrine. Azure quickly opened up a portal book and returned to galmair. Was he sleep walking again or was it something else. Azure quickly went to find Sam.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

It has been about a month or so since azure had that dream. He just chalked it up to stress. Azure can be seen always on patrol. But today he can be seen sitting by the fire just outside the gate. He appears to be in a deep thought. Not noticing really who is passing by him. And young girl with red hair is sitting next to him taking some blood from his hand. Those that have met her know her as Camilla.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Wolfsword estate?

Post by Azure Lynch »

N/A
Last edited by Azure Lynch on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure is seen praying to malachin at his temple.

Dear Lord. I came close today to revert back to the old me. I wanted so badly to sly an ignorant lizardess. But through your strength and the vows I made I just made rude remarks to run her off.

After praying out loud azure drinks a black liquid and heads to find his wife and child.

Azure checks in noticing they are fast asleep kisses them both and heads back out. He decides to head to the gates with a few bottles of beer. And heads to the gate. Slowly he drinks but not getting drunk just observing the night sky across the desert.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure staring through and empty beer bottle looking at the fire. as he sits by the campfire outside the gates of galmair. his mind drifts to the past of the suffering he had caused. He slams his sword into the dirt adn talks to it since hanah is busy cooking.

"i told that elfess i never killed any elves which is true. but i have killed. well before i met Commander Zae'al who taught me that honor did not have to be sacrafised. but that was a lie. then when i found the books talking about how everyone had it wrong that moshran was a hero and not a monster. i tried to preach what my parents wrote in those books. but that was a lie. then recently i found out my mother lied to me again about who my father was. has my whole life up until i met sam been a lie."

as is speaking outloud not realizing it.

he pulls out some more white liquid in a bottle and begins drinking it. as he continues his conversation to the sword.

and know i have terrified an briar about my past because of her past. and probaly pissed off the other elfess. they say honesty is the best path. But how is that if it hurts the people you trying to protect. and now i sit here talking to a sword like it will somehow give me the answer i seek. ahh being a good guy is so hard.

azure speaks not noticing if anyone has stoped by to see the fool talking to a sword.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Katharina stoped as she saw Azure sitting by the fire. She already opened her mouth to greet him but then he started to talk to his sword and she decided not to interrupt.

But now he's ready with talking to his sword and she tilts her head curiosly as she coughs, "Helloo Azure, are you... you know.. alright? To whom did you speak and may I sit?" She smiles friendly like she always does.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azurd looks up and smiles. "Please you'll be better company then my sword" azure chuckles
"Well I met an elfess by the name briar and heard her village was destroyed. Worried that it might have been me when I was allied with the unnamed one. I asked her when it happened. Since it happened a few years back it wasn't me. She asked why I was so interested and I told her the truth of my past. She freaked out and headed towards the woods and the other elfess seemed pissed and asked was it such a good idea to discuss that." Azure sighs and continues " I don't hide my past to be honest. But I wander if I should just to keep.people from being pissed or scared."
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

Tru holds her handful of seeds while sitting behind the bush waiting for the crazy man to leave so she can have access to her fields. As the woman arrives, she finally gets brave enough to stand and walk to a far corner of the unplanted field, then painstakingly plants each seed, giving a little space between plots. Somewhat hesitantly, she takes time to give each a brief nod and a few worried glances to the man. Finally, once all the seeds are planted Tru starts to walk to her usual place near the fire by rote yet hesitates and pulls her hat down hiding her face though the gesture does nothing to cover her long bright red hair. Straightening her shoulders muttering something about...

"my bench too"...

... she arrives and sits near the fire with a determined huff. The flickering flames highlight the fairly young human with some mud or dirt on cheeks and hands, shoes covered in mud and a few stray seeds on her trousers as if this isn't the first time she has planted. Hazel eyes give each a glance again before clearing her throat.

"Not being scared is good... want to buy anything?"
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Katharina frowns as he talks about whorshipping Moshran and when he finishes, she asks "Would you not know about destroying a village? I mean hey... that's something you would remember, isn't it?" She pauses a moment to think about the rest of his words, "to be honest, I won't tell anybody you were allied with the unspoken. It's not about people being pi.. angry or scared about that but about people hating and trying to kill you for that. I do not accuse you for what you did since everybody make mistakes and you learned that this is one. You learned from it, didn't you?" The last question sounds worried, but she manages to hold her smile.

After that she turned to the woman, "it depends on what you are offering."
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

No I'm not interested in buying anything. Little one. Azurd States

Oh most of the big wigs know as I said I didn't hide my past. It is simple my family is more important than anything. Even more than faith. Azurd also states.

Azurd stirs the fire a bit.

It's still hard when people judge someone for there past and not the present. But it all comes with the territory I assume. He says as he looks again to the fire

Azurd pulls out a panpipe and plays a calm and soothing sound
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

Giving the woman a smile, Tru points out to the field..

"Well, fresh vegetables.. but then about anything."

Frowning slightly at the man she sighs while standing then pulling down her hat again ...

"Let me know if you change your mind...and no one should be hunted and persecuted for their past!"

Nodding decisively she moves to tend to her vegetables, checking on the ripeness then chasing amidst the flying feathers of frightened chickens attempting to make a meal on some near ready to pick.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

She looks at him puzzled, "but you said something about killing people in the past. That's very hard to forget. I would not say I do not judge you for that, this will always be a part of the person you are now. But it's up to you what you make from it. You cannot make undone what you did so you have to learn to life with it for reparation. But let's talk about something brighter, I bet you do not really need to be reminded what you did wrong. How's Sam? How's your baby?"

Her eyes follow the woman, then she replies to her answer "fresh vegetables are always usefull. Do you sell tomatoes?"
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

Tru seems involved with something viewed on the ground having stopped to bend over muttering

"A hole may..."

Before she can get any more words out of her mouth, her brown hat falls off her head allowing red hair to fly haphazardly then something comes out of that hole. With breathless dread while slowly standing, she finds herself gazing at a skeleton now wearing her dirty floppy hat. The first inclination to reach for the hat wisely overtaken by the urge to stay in good health as the remainder of the vegetables in her arms drop to the ground.

"Eeeeek!"

Only her worn, dirty cloak can be seen flying as she runs faster then she ever has, while the skeleton clicks along keeping pace persistently wearing the hat. Not bothering to close the iron gates, Tru pauses near Bre to yell...

"Take what you want, pay me later!"

It may be possible to hear another shout in the distance though the voice fades away quickly...

"Name's Tr..."
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

The baby and Sam are of good health. Azure stops and sees the little one chased by a skeleton. But before it gets to the gate azure grabs his sword and leaps towards it swinging his gilded sword and kills it with one blow. Gathers the bones and shouts it was nice to see you TR. And then turns to Katharina mind if I burn these in the fire.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

"Nah, feel free to do so to help this poor creature to peace. Did you ever see a souled undead?" She watches Tru leaving and shrugs "Seems I do not get vegetables today." Then she chuckles.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure tosses in the skeleton. And looks to Katharina" I will think on what we discussed but for know I most return to cadomyr for rest and to patrol the dessert. Rest well and be safe." Azure waves bye and heads to the teleport and in a brilliant light he vanishes from galmair
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Days have gone by and Azure is outside the moshran temple slaying the orcs that protect the temple. Covered in blood Azure can hear a voice. "Return" is all it says. Azure takes a step but then takes two back. Visions of his family rush through his mind. "I'll never return" azure mumbles as he heads towards cadomyr. As he walks the ground before him moves. A Undead Necromancer rises up and speaks "Mistress says your task is not complete. You where given life for a reason." Azure grabs the creature by its neck and slams it to the ground. The sun reflect of azure yellow orange eyes give the appearance they are glowing. "Tell Cherga I am not her pawn. That deal was between my mother and her not me. I am done with her with moshran with them all." Azure says before pounding it to dust. Azure head starts to hurt. He makes it to the slave market and finds a room, baracadeds the door and lays down. Azure drifts off to sleep. He starts to dream of his family playing in the sand by the lake. When everything goes dark. "Azure" a shadow speaks. "You are right the deal was with your mother. So for now I'll let you live the way you want. But when the day comes and trust me it will come. You will call on me and then we will strike a new deal" Azure wakes up sweating. He decided to head to galmair maybe Evie or someone can make sense of this. But instead he finds hew. Hew made so.e remarks about Sam having an affair with him. Normally Azure would have ignored him but he was not in the mood. But he sees krye maybe she can help him. Azure heads to the guard wall and finds out vaguely about what happened to Sam. Not working about figuring out his dream he returns home. He sees Sam looking exhausted but sighs a relief. "I'm not losing my mind" she replies. Azure tells her of hew remarks. And ask her what happened.
After hearing of the voices and hallucinations. Azure holds her and comforts her and his daughter Phoenix. Azure decides not to tell her about his day until she is rested and feeling better. I need to find S'rrt azure saids kisses them both and Pat's Bruce on the head. As he heads out the door.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

After running around galmair looking to see if kyre or evie was around. azure decides to see what bounties cadomyr has for him to hunt and collect on. Eight foxes was his first bounty after that twelve orcs. still thinking of his dream earlier. azure heads to the wilds. where he killed everything in sight. after awhile azure rested against a tree. that is when he saw gray. and dread. After a brief conversation azure continued his hunting. after he was through azure headed to get a drink to help think. Azure sits in the hempty and pounders. "So bob is alive after all" Azure sips on some rum while he thinks. "I wander what he is planning. should i warn s'rrt and the others. maybe just samantha."
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure Leans on the top of the stone wall watching te dessert before him. "was it right that i told him that Dreadheart. Was back and even that he didnt attack me." Azure pauses for a moment and continues hs thoughts. "Why didnt he attack me. What are you up to Dread." After that Azure sees stirring in the dessert he looks and sees a shadow moving from the gate by the bridge. Azure climbs down the ladder and heads to investigate. Upon his arrival he sees an unholy Alcolyte. Azure slaps on his helment. draws his sword and moves in to strike. Moving back an forth trying to avoid the creatures attack. After awhile the creature lays in ash. and azure is blodied and hurting. He makes it back to cadomyr. Just to come to an orc that warns him of a woman with emense beauty and just as much treachury. Azure Chuckles as the orc jumps down the well. Hurting and bleeding maybe a broken rib or two. he starts to head to get medical treatment. When a Woman showed up with emense beauty that was described to him. "Greetings" Azure said. "I am Azure wolfsword Lynch." they talked for a bit before she gave him her name. "Miralinda." she said. They talked she flirted thinking she could use her looks and charm to get information out of him. Miralinda realized Azure was no mere simple soldier. Azure told her "i tell you what. youtell me something about you and i will tell you something about me." Azre listened to her speak of where she was from. and what happened to her family" Azure told her of his birth and what lead him down his dark path of his past. He saw the hatered and darkness he once felt in her eyes. Deciding there was to many ears listening they went to a more secluded place. Azure sat as she unraveled her story to him. Feeling sorrow for Azure offered her a choice. wheter she takes it or not is a desicion left up to her. As she walks off and azure heads up the bridge of runewick. He remebers that he has been bleeding out inside his armor. "well shite" was his words before the 7ft tall giant of a man crashes down on the stone bridge with a loud thunderous crash as he passes out from the blood loss.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Azure wakes up in the hospital of runewick Not sure how he got there. he was bandaged he was sore but he got up Wandering how helped him. he sees his stuff in the corner and grab his stuff and leaves 1gold coin and a note.

~to home ever helped me out here is a gold coin for your troubles.~

Azure gets dress and walks out.