[Archive] ~Free Druids~

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Free Druids

Post by Free Druids »

A very official note is placed in prominent places for all to see.

We have noticed an escalation of hostilities in Gobaith and would like to remind all parties...as per our codex, the Free Druids remain neutral in any war or aggression and will heal or help with peace talks with any that ask our aid.

Wir haben von den Kampfhandlungen auf Gobaith erfahren und möchten alle Parteien darauf hinweisen, dass wir nach unserem Codex der Freien Duriden in jeglicher Situation Neutral bleiben. Wir werden jedoch bei der Versorgung der Verletzten helfen und erklären uns bereit, bei Friedensgesprächen als Vermittler zu fungieren.

((thank you for translating Shenandrea))
Druid Codex:
Respect:
Druids receive their power through nature itself and therefore can be considered as a type of a priest of nature. They respect the forces of nature and live consistent with it.
Protect:
Nature strives for harmony and we strive to protect everyone who cannot protect themselves along with nature.
Helpfulness:
We will seek to help any and all who require assistance yet strive to remain neutral in conflicts balancing our actions as the five primary roots keep balance.
Peacefulness:
We try to live in harmony with ourselves and our environment. We must maintain honesty and refrain from insults. The taking up of arms is a last resort and only if all other avenues are exhausted.
Justice:
We must be fair in our decisions and always think them over well. We try to never forget that every living thing has the same value and therefore is equal when it comes to being just.
Neutrality:
This point is closely linked to the reasoning under justice. We will help to solve quarrels and keep the peace, but we must help both sides, never just one keeping balance without generating favor of or to the disadvantage of another.
Loyalty:
We seek to stay at peace with all honoring our origin with all Druids and Medicos preserving life and the perpetuity of the primary substances of the world.
A stamp of a beautiful tree is placed formally at the bottom of the parchment.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

A small note in precise handwriting is pinned onto the hospital door

There will be a medico class today for anyone wishing to attend, then a Druid class after that.
It will be at the hospital to start ((four hours from the time of this post, or 6PM CST))

Achae Eanstray
~Free Druid~
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

There is a small note posted on the hospital door, the other note is torn off

I am very sorry, but classes have been cancelled today.

Achae Eanstray
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

*a note is left on the Druid house*

Someone please needs to see after Jonathan Cain in the Trolls Bane hospital.

*it seems to be hurriedly scribbled and is left unsigned*
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

A hastily written note not as neat as the others is placed haphazardly on the board, the writer obviously in a hurry.

I will be gone a dwarfen week.

Achae
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

*A note is left on the door of the Trolls Bane hospital and another just like it on the door of the druid house*

I am seeking a skilled druid with the ability to a make a variety of potions and possibly a quantity if this may be possible.

Thank you, please send a dove to Joxia
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

I, Jefferson Gray, am seeking a skilled druid with the 'experience needed' to a make a variety of potions. Is there any chance we can meet?

Appreciated.

~Jefferson <>
donaideenn

Application for Entry into the Free Druids

Post by donaideenn »

Hello my name is William Groveslie, I am writing this application for entry into your Guild, so i may help OTHERS, With the Knowledge and skills I learn. My main focus is learning potions and helping to heal others wounds, but also protecting fellow Druids and Keeping peace.

Name: William Groveslie
Height: 5'4
Knowledgeable with basics: Druid
Skills: I can efficiently collect common to un common herbs and creat concotions that are un finished because I have yet to drink a Druidic Knowledge potion.

Comments: I wish to take this Knowledge and Lessons and Teachings to come, very seriously, I wish to help others by what I gain here. Please allow me to due so, and you shall be rewarded with a rising and dedicated pupil.

((Forum Account: Donaideenn))
Free Druids

Post by Free Druids »

A very official looking parchment is placed on the board, the seal of the Free Druids is placed at the bottom.

The Free Druids are proud to announce their newest member, all welcome Druid Kreb'la of Dar'krest.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Name: Ranek Flaktreus
Height: 6'2
Knowledgeable with basics: Druidism
Skills: I can gather various types of herbs, roots and the like, except the rare. I also had minimal experience with blade from long ago when I was expected to learn it.. But I've thrown it away when I decided I wished to take the path of Druidism. I also practice using the shield for defence, especially hearing how some areas of Gobiath are and some things to pass through to get some herbs are dangerous..
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

To all aspirants with the calling to our path:

I will be starting lessons again in the upcoming weeks for those who yearn to learn our ways. I ask that all who have recently felt the calling to our ways, and those who still hold desires from before despite our recent inactivity, to contact me so I may know how many students I should anticipate and so that I can best accommodate all those who wish to learn into the lesson times.

Azuros Tjime

((Those interested please send me a PM or feel free to add me on msn so that I can find out what days/times are best for us to meet IG. It's really difficult to schedule a group lesson if everyone is in different time zones or is busy because of work, school or such so I will most likely hold lessons for several small groups.))
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

A small parchment in neat handwriting is placed on the board.

I will be giving medico classes in three days time ((Tuesday 5P CST)) at the hospital in Trolls Bane. Any wishing to join the Free Druids are welcomed to attend also.

Achae
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

It does not seem I will be able to make the meeting today.. ((If CST = Central standard time, that is.)) But, I will be roaming around 'Bane for a while a few hours after the class, may I still talk to either Azuros or yourself, Achae, about my joining of the Druids?

~Ranek Flaktreus
Free Druids

Post by Free Druids »

In bold letters a note is pinned to the Trolls Bane hospital wall and another at the Harbor, it is stamped at the bottom with the official seal of the Free Druids.

Due to similarities of interest and goals the Free Druids have been invited to live in Tol Vanima. We have thought long and hard about this decision but have decided the move would still keep our goal of neutrality due to the peaceful nature of the elves. We will still be available for Druid and Medico classes along with any healing needed.

~Free Druids~
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

quietly walking from the western woods, Idrandal notices the partchemnt in a wall of a building of the harbor, after reading it quickly, shows a broad smile, and continues his walk to the ferry to Vanima, as he peacfully sings a merry song in elvish
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

A small note in precise handwriting is placed under the official one at the harbor. A halfling getting off the ferry on his way to Greenbriar mutters shaking his head with a frown.

No one will see it here!

... and proceeds to tear the note off with a sigh turning in the opposite direction toward Trolls Bane. Finally arriving, he carefully places it near the town board with a pin he kept in his pocket as he nods in satisfaction before walking toward the teleporter.

I need to talk to those druids about where to put their parchments!

The note, a little worse for wear is still readable:

There will be a medico class in nine days at Tol Vanima for anyone interested.((Friday 5P CST or 6P EST))

There are two signatures at the bottom

Azuros Tjime
Achae Eanstray
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Small notes can be found at the hospital door and near the entrance of Tol Vanima.

A lesson for all students in the Free Druids will be held soon in Tol Vanima.
All are welcome to attend, though no student is required to should they find they cannot.

Azuros Tjime

((The lesson will be in half an hour.))
Rath

Post by Rath »

Greetings Free Druids,

My name is Rath Kutolah. I am a nomad and like to think of myself as a ranger. I am familiar with a bow and can cook and farm for myself. I live mostly in the woods and have developed a love for nature and it's creatures. I would like to learn the art of druidism, and become a true ranger.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae stops to look at the board on her long trip back to Trolls Bane then posts a quick note underneath the latest before turning to buy some supplies, a few torn, herbs mark her passage.

Rath Kutolah.

I will send you a dove.

Achae
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

The Free Druids are very aware of the events that have occurred on Gobaith.

We have discussed the situation and our policy, and in doing so we have decided that our circle will, as a group, remain neutral. We have also decided, however, that members of our circle are free express their feelings about the situation and follow their own conscious in deciding their personal course of action. None of our members' actions should be taken as official acts of the group.

Azuros Tjime
Free Druid
Free Druids

Post by Free Druids »

We wish to welcome Myra Gray, and Thaelyssiel as druid apprentices.

~The old parchment when the guild was new has been taken down and updated, a new parchment showing all the members present sits on top now. ((if any problems, or we forgot someone contact Azuros, Fianna or Achae by dove))~
Lhosseth

Post by Lhosseth »

A white haired Elfess approaches the board and reads the notes attached to it. At reading the member list the corners of her mouth twitch and she shakes her head. She then takes a pre-written note, in an elegant handwriting, out of her bag and after a slight hesitation pins it to the board and quickly walks away. The note reads:

Dear Free Druids,

Throughout my travels and experiences on Gobaith and Tol Vanima I have come to feel a great affinity with your way of life, for it coincides so well with my own. My life has been spend in the search for harmony and balance and I strive to protect nature and all its creatures by peaceful means. Recently I received a first introduction into druidism and I have since been directed toward your circle for an opportunity to improve my skills and knowledge of herb lore. Hereby I wish to apply for the position of apprentice druid with the Free Druids. Please be so kind as to take my application into consideration.

May the Five protect and guide us,

Lhosseth Tinwien
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Finally coming out of the forests Achae stops to read the Free Druid posts and smiles seeing the latest. Digging in her bag not finding a parchment, she pulls out a slightly torn herb and writes carefully with pen on the back before attaching it to the latest.

Lhosseth Tinwien,

A dove will be looking for you.

Achae Eanstray
~Free Druids~
Solvarr

Post by Solvarr »

A tall, young man arrives at this board. His appearance proof, that he is a norodaj, maybe a member of the settlement called Nordmark. He wears a simple brown tunic without sleeves, which allows a look at his arms, his shoulders and his neck. His skin is decorated with many well-crafted tattoos. Some show nordic runes, some represent typical nordic weapons and around his neck there is a very detailed picture of an old, mighty tree. Even his face is covered with these tattoos and it gives him a kind of a scary look.
He reads over the parchments in hast and the more he reads, his mood becomes worse.
Verdammte neue Sprache... wenn Ylvie doch nur hier wäre... He grumbles while he tries to write a short message in the new tongue. His writing skills doesn't seem much developed and it takes several minutes to complete an ugly, crabby note.

Hail free druids.

I crave your advice in an urgent matter. I seek for your help concerning Ushara, the great mother. Please grant me a meeting with one of your circle - but to keep up the good manners on both sides, don't send one with pointed ears!

May Tanora, godess of the tide, bless your journey.

Solvarr, Ghodi of the Nordmark
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Leaving Trolls Bane yawning as she thinks of finding a nice warm place in a mountain cave to nap, Achae stops to read the board and quickly grabs her pen using the same parchment.

Hail Solvarr, Ghodi of the Nordmark

Knowing a Jarl named Leif Kormsson, I promised to help when needed and will make my way north after I rest.

Achae
(( Thursday morning some time? ))
Solvarr

Post by Solvarr »

The young norodaj leaves the board, but he encamps in the closer neighborhood and he observes the place, where he left his message. He sits on a rock and lays his huge mace and his artfully painted buckler on his lap. Solvarr takes one deep breath and then he waits nearly motionless in sight of the druids meeting place...

((you got a PM))
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Zytion would like to learn zeh skills of druidism, alchemy and healing. He doesnt mind if in the begening he is only taught one of them. But please would someone acknoledge him and at least try. I am usual in Trolls bane. You could also send me little white birdy.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

A parchment printed in a child's block letters is carefully placed in prominent places at the harbor and Trolls Bane hospital, though tall elves particularly may have to bend down to read it.

I want to be a druid.

Cay

A small note is added at the bottom in a totally different refined handwriting.

Caynwyn wishes to add she lives in Varshikar but is willing to meet someone anytime.

Sorgiani writing for Caynwyn
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

Fianna stops to tidy up the board, taking down the faded notes and answering a few that are still readable. She makes some neatly written replies, sending them off with well-fed birds then turns her feet to Varshikar, still holding one fresh parchment. There she leaves a prominent note, not posted too high then steps into the library and selects a volume from the shelf, settling in comfortably to wait:

Cay,

I will meet you in the library of Varshikar.

~Fianna~

Below the writing is a hastily drawn image of a red-haired woman holding a donf blade and sitting among bookshelves.
Free Druids

Post by Free Druids »

An official note is placed in prominent areas of Gobaith stamped with the emblem of the Free Druids.

Would all apprentices please send a dove to Azuros within a dwarfen week if still interested in being an apprentice. Anyone interested in becoming a Free Druid send a dove also.

~The Free Druids~

(( We apologize for being lax on the teaching in the guild and would like to remedy that ))