Devastation of the Island and Mind ((open RP))

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

S'rrt

Devastation of the Island and Mind ((open RP))

Post by S'rrt »

((NOTE: this RP is not happening in the present. It's more of a personal discovery of what happened to my character when the changeover took place, having been on my downtime during it. Other people's, supposedly very few of them, contributions to this are only meant to help me shape this "flashback". I realize that Gobaith-related threads are under attack right now but please allow me this.))

As the first news about the floods and lava destroying parts of his home island got to S'rrt, it didn't take long for him to start arranging an evacuation for those he held most dear. He did everything he could to make sure that those departing will have enough necessities to go by. After having assured them that he'd follow on a ferry soon enough, he turned around to return to the devastated parts of the island in search of the one he had not yet found, as well as any others.

It was fortunate that he did not manage to find any that were left behind, at least with the level of risking his life that he allowed himself. The person of importance was still missing however. The distressful situation rendered his common sense powerless to stop him from entering the Magic Academy.. For little does anyone know, it is the last place he should be.

Something stops him in his tracks, leaving his body feeling numb as he looks for a place to support himself on. A voice, raspy like his, growls inside his head:

"Aww, look who it iss.. I've been waiting for you, you ssad, ssad little lizard."
Eamili

Re: Devastation of the Island and Mind ((open RP))

Post by Eamili »

((I was on my downtime too, so going to roll with this))

The sharp crack of broken wood shatters the unearthly silence; a figure emerges from charred undergrowth that continues to purge thick black smoke. The figure darts quickly in-between small pools of lava, heading towards the nearby water. Gwathdes keels over and coughs heavily into the soil, desperately outstretching her arms to collect water and splash it onto her scorched face. She uses the edge of her sleeve to cleanse her eyes, which are caked with dirt and soot; she releases a slight wince as the burning sensation feels like fire against her skin. Whilst Gwathdes was no stranger to natural disasters, this was unlike anything she had ever experienced.

The elf hastily rubs a handful of water across her mouth before coughing into the soil once more, tears stream from her eyes and thick auburn curls cling to her cheeks. She cowers her head into her arms, relishing the blistering pain in her throat and slowly tipping her body forward until her forehead rests on the banks of the water. She feels her body go limp as her vision turns hazy and dark.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

In an effort to head back toward the Academy's gates, S'rrt falls down flat after letting go of his support.

"Don't leave sso ssoon. We've got a lot to talk about."

He tries pushing his torso up but the numbness intensifies, preventing him from moving at his desired pace. Brown-scaled feet appear in his view and his eyes draw up to the now squatting figure before him. S'rrt murmurs: "Bazier. Don't.. Yer killin' the both of uss. The island iss.."

Bazier grins at him with his protruding sharp teeth. He's wearing the torn black shirt and pants that S'rrt thought he got rid of: "It wass very rude of you to leave me like that, you know. With that mage." Bazier puts his hand on S'rrt's helmet as he continues: "You were going to vizit me, weren't you? Why didn't you?" S'rrt doesn't reply. "You're sscared of me. As you sshould." Bazier slams his head down on the marble and screams:

"Now give me my body back!!"

If anyone were to witness this scene, they'd see only S'rrt throwing his head at the marble.
Eamili

Post by Eamili »

Gwathdes felt her mind slowly cascade into a deep chasm of thought, numb to the outside world and all of the chaos within. The elf felt her sub-consciousness descend through seemingly endless darkness, with a faint glowing light pulsing in the distance. Her passage into the dream world halted, watching herself in a third person view she tried to reach out her arms, nothing. No sound, only a faint uncomfortable heartbeat. Her projected self, cocooned into the fetal position, shriveled into herself before re-emerging as a younger version of herself. The child whimpers, awkwardly shuffling her hands together and padding her feet whilst her eyes uncomfortably dart across the dark plain.

A faint spotlight forms in the distance onto a small patch of flowers; the child looks up in excitement before sprinting over and skidding onto the patch. She rolls on her back and picks up a single flower, stroking the petals across her face.

"I wish I was a flower," she playfully giggles to herself, "who dreams of touching the sun one day..." She places the flower behind her ear before an uncomfortable clash of thunder rips through the chasm. Her eyes widen, clumsily rolling onto her front, she brings her knees up to her face and shields her face with her hands. A droplet falls from the black sky and the soil beneath begins to bubble and emit an even louder pulse. Gwathdes watches over in horror, attempting to mimick the child's reaction. The soil expands, breathes, contorts, and grows until the child is completely overshadowed. Another clap of thunder fills the void; the child cowers into a ball and sobs heavily. The shadowy figure takes a more human shape, forming grotesquely disproportionate limbs.

"She's just a child!"
Echoes in a mass chorus through the room, high voices, low voices, monstrous voices, friendly voices. The child lifts her head, her shirt speckled with blood that begins to soak and ooze through the fabric. The child releases a blood-curdling scream that rips through the chaotic noise. All noise ceases apart from the lingering heartbeat, Gwathdes watches the child collapse into herself and sob. The figure continues to loom over and opens its mouth and speaks to the child in a dark and raspy hum. Gwathdes gazes in horror, whilst this dream had been a regular, this presence was stronger than in the previous settings. She tries to wrestle her limbs from the paralysis. The figure looks at her, deep glowing embers grasp her soul and she feels powerless.

Gwathdes twitches whilst she continues to sleep, a tear rolling down her cheek and into the mud.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Disoriented and weak S'rrt lifts his head slowly toward Bazier before he grabs S'rrt's tail and starts pulling him closer to an area in the Academy. S'rrt tries to stand and that's when Bazier pulls.. making him yielp and get back down again.

"There'ss only one thing we've got to do here. Then I will have what'ss rightfully mine."

For the whole trip, S'rrt pants and shouts for help, which Bazier then mocks:

"Heeelp! Hhheeelp! Khaha.."

The ground rumbles ominously and the wind picks up as they start disappearing into the Academy.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

With little success in holding onto the doorframes as Bazier pulled him, S'rrt gets taken to a room in the Academy. Like any other room, but there is a pedestal with a ring on it. Bazier drags him next to it and kneels down to attempt to punch him in the head.

S'rrt quickly takes the punch to a palm and headbutts his opponent. He attempts to stand up while Bazier screams:

"Hnnh! Nice one, little lizard. How do you like thiss?"

Bazier runs in front of S'rrt, performing a wide kick across his face. Bazier cackles and hits S'rrt's head on the ground a few times too.

"There iss no esscape, you thief. Be a good lizard and put on the relic."

Bazier drags him back to the pedestal and attempts to lift the lizard. To bystanders this looks like S'rrt being alone, lifted by some unseen force.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Roland arrived at the Academy late that day, having spent a large amount of his afternoon opening portals for the now fleeing refugees. Exhausted, he wanders quickly to the library.

"Need that book, can't leave it here." He searches frantically as he mutters to himself, "William would never let me live it down if I lost it!"

It takes him several minutes, but he lets out a sigh of relief as he finds it and shoves it into his almost empty bag. He looks around for a moment, clearly upset that he cannot bring the priceless contents of the library with him. He takes what he believes to be his final glance at the library before wandering to his personal quarters. He packs all that he can carry, his personal funds, his spare wands and robes, and various tools that he would not want to be without. Finally he seems to be content. Roland takes one more final glance around the place he spent most of his time on the Island.

Finally Roland mutters a few more words, "Let's hope this works... Lor-Angur" and starts to cast a spell. He is interrupted though. He feels a presence of some sort, almost as if it was laughing. Not at him, but laughing none the less.

"Ah yes... Bazier my friend... How could I have almost forgotten you?"

He wanders deeper into the Academy, to the room he had converted into a makeshift prison for the being. He goes quickly, concerned that he sensed the presence in the first place. Upon arriving, he sees S'rrt raised into the air. The shock lasts only a moment.

"S'rrt! Are you mad?! This place is dangerous for you!" He raises his wand unsure about what the presence is doing to the Lizard. "You are stronger than he is S'rrt! Fight him!"

Roland does the only thing he can think of, pointing his wand at the ring, he starts muttering a spell hoping to blast the ring away from S'rrt.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

There is a blast near the ring which knocks it around the room, making it very difficult to find for now. The blast also knocks S'rrt to the floor and instantly, there is a loud scream in the heads of both Roland and S'rrt:

"KSSAAAH! YOU FOOLISSH MAGE!"

Lifting a hand toward the entrance, S'rrt utters: "Roland. Where'ss the.." He is interrupted by what seems to Roland as getting kicked at his head by an invisible force, which detaches his helmet. Bazier focuses on the human now, who might sense that somehow the entity he's facing has grown in power. It tries to invade his mind, filling it with confusion, screams, burning hatred and lust for blood. Among the chaos can Roland hear Bazier reminding him about his darkest and most protected secrets, his fears and his shames, trying to use them against him. It seems he's had quite some time to study the human in the Academy.

Heavily disoriented and in a lot of pain, S'rrt spits blood on the marble floor and looks up while the presence leaves from his side. Trying to get a hold of a thought that might help against the beast, he attempts to remind himself of everything that is good about him, everything that Bazier is trying to take away. It seems to only slightly slow Bazier down as he attacks Roland.
Eamili

Post by Eamili »

The elf coughs and splurts as the muddy water seeps into her mouth, she aimlessly brushes her fingers around her lip-line and spits several times into the soil. Gwathdes lifts herself up onto all fours, rolling her shoulders around before lifting herself up onto her knees, she tries to open her eyes and the dim sunlight offers an ambient backdrop to her hazy vision. Gwathdes slowly lifts herself off the ground; her knees remain turned inwards, groaning to herself as she takes a few steps away from the shore. Her fingers rest on her brow, shielding her eyes from the sun and slowly she drags her way through the muddy track.

Finally, the feel of stone against her feet. She continues to shuffle aimlessly, head draped and arms folded in towards her body, but with a sense of direction her paces become more regular. A sharp pain shoots through her skull; Gwathdes winces in pain and falls to her knees, clasping her hands around her temples as she topples onto her side. She feels herself falling once more into the chasm of her subconscious.