The Knights of Goldburg

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

bdgdkay

The Knights of Goldburg

Post by bdgdkay »

Knights of Goldburg:

Roster:

Head Knight:
Altrix Wulfgar

Knights:
Gurk

Squires:
Brian Stubbs
Sky
Ssaron Klawtail

Pages:
Iskar
Araleno Nivrino
Isaac
Lafadiel
Ashley Marideth Blackreigns

Knightly Oath:
I here swear fealty and do homage to the island and people of Gobaith,
To ever be a good knight and true,
Reverent and generous,
Shield of the weak
Sword of the righteous
Obedient to my cause,
Foremost in battle,
And Champion of the right and good

Our mission is simple, and should remain simple to ensure the purity of our agenda, and that is to restore a sense of honor to the Island of Gobaith.
This can be achieved in many ways, but our methods must match our goals. We will uphold that which is honorable with a sense of honor, but we will be unrelenting.

We hold no more authority than the regular person within the borders of cities, unless a defense pact or treaty allows otherwise.

Even if we do not have a treaty, our members are to uphold honor and justice, but accept any consequences from the town we act within.

We will act as one unified group of many parts.
-Our members are encouraged to act on their own and do not need to bring up every move they make with their superiors: if we did not trust you to act honorably, we would not have admitted you
-As a knighthood, there will be some causes that will be a unified cause, and all members are expected to take their part.

The knighthood is a voluntary group. We will not offer payment for your services, though you will not be expected to turn money earned from jobs over to the knighthood.

We are to use force only when neccesary; excessive use of force will lead to demotion or termination from the knighthood.

Last edited by bdgdkay on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
themonk

Re: The Knights of Goldburg

Post by themonk »

* Pins a recruitment notice on the board *

People of Gobaith
Due to recent events that have accured there is need for righteous individuels to stand up for their believes and honor.
If you so wish to enforce this then perhaps becoming a Knight of Goldburg is your calling?

We are held up at Goldburg's castle in silverbrand and are often trading or gathering supplies in Trollsbane. If you so wish to join or ask any questions to Myself, Iskar or our leader Altrix we can be located there personaly.
Or if you so prefer you can write a letter of application.

I again plee that good people of any race, sex or class can make a massive difference to the dangers and curruption that is plagueing this island. Please do not sit by idoly while the walls crumble around you, now is the time to take action now is the time for THE KNIGHTS OF GOLDBURG.

Squire Gurk
Last edited by themonk on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Attention Notice

Welcoming Ex-knight of Gobaith Brian Stubbs into the Knights of Goldburg.

Congradulations Squire Brian, may your arcane arts bring honor to the island of Gobaith and defend her people.

Squire Gurk
themonk

Post by themonk »

Attention Notice

Welcoming Page Lafadiel into the Knights of Goldburg.

Congradulations Lafadiel and may your swift daggers slay all evil and protect the good people of Gobaith.

Squire Gurk
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

The Elf known as Lafadiel is banned from Tol Vanima, Trolls Bane and Kumdah. Why welcome the Knights of the Goldburg criminals in their ranks?

~Djironnyma
For the Bearers of the Fire
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Thank you for informing me, Djironnyma. I will look into the situation myself before giving him full admittance into the knighthood.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Redemption

The Page Lafadiel has taken the oath and shown no sign of criminal acivity since i first met him.

We have gone through this before when Lafadiel was going to join the Knights of Gobaith and i stated then excatley what im going to state now is that a Page is a knight in training, if Lafadiel breaks his oath, he will be removed from the knights instantly.

If Lafadiel is ever going to atone for his wrong doings, this will be the last chance he will ever have.

Notice
In future if anything has to be said about any of our knights can it please be braught to our attention by a letter privertly to Altrix or myself. Thank you

Squire Gurk
themonk

Post by themonk »

Attention Notice

Wecoming Page Ashley Marideth Blackreigns into the Knights of Goldburg

May her hammer craft the instruments of honorable righteousness and her daggers vanquish all evil.

Squire Gurk
themonk

Post by themonk »

Warning notice

People of Gobaith

A friendly warning from the Knights of Goldburg.

If you are traveling to Caelum be aware that a small melitia of orcs have set up camp there and attack any passers by without hesitation.

If you are traveling to or around Northmark please heed that there are hostile lizards attacking people without word or hesitation. Investigation by the Knights has found a pathway in the ocean floor leading to a Tanora temple that explains some of their hostility.

If you have not heard from other sources the old Knights of Gobaith keep has been destroyed and changed into a bandit camp by halflings who squat there.

A massive investigation by the knights has also explored the pathway through the Silverbrand tunnels. It is commen knowlage that dangers lurk in the deepest depths of the tunnels but if any further knowlage is needed please send a letter to our order.

note you may have already read these sources on the Dagbladden. We are just making sure everyone knows the dangers of these hotspot areas and to be cautious.

Knights of Goldburg
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

themonk wrote:Warning notice

If you are traveling to or around Northmark please heed that there are hostile lizards attacking people without word or hesitation. Investigation by the Knights has found a pathway in the ocean floor leading to a Tanora temple that explains some of their hostility.

Knights of Goldburg
A passing lizard reads the note and sighs as he comes apart the above part. He replies by writing a small note in ink with his quill, before tacking it up right below the Warning notice.

I would not only request that no one attacks the lizard folk mentioned above, but would recommend against it. Initially I was on my way to help clear them out, but having found out from this very board that the Temple Guards are actually from a Temple of Zzyathiss that has been recently revealed to landlings, and likely feel threatened. Attacking them will not only cause them to become more hostile and impossible to reason with by those who they may actually speak to, (For an example.. A Priest), but is also likely to anger those of us who understand their plight. This means most of the lizardfolk on this island, including myself, and probably Zzyathiss.
I understand the problem of the Norodaji, however, and will personally make no hostilities to those of them trying to protect their homes.

~Zehshirr, Temple Guardian of Zzyathiss~
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I am honored to congratulate Gurk on achieving the rank of knight within our order. I encourage everyone else among our ranks to follow his example, and to keep up your training.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I and honored to welcome Sky into our ranks as a squire. May his knowledge and prowess in magic be a great addition to our order.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Let us all welcome our latest member, Squire Ssaron Klawtail. May he serve the knighthood faithfully.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Attention

The Knights of Goldburg will hold its first official meeting on ((Wednesday, April 25th at 5:00pm EST (One week from today) )) on the second floor of Goldburg Castle.

Prospective recruits welcome!

The intent of this meeting will be to discuss the direction this knighthood is headed, hear input from current members, advance certain members in rank, and to discuss causes we have been asked to support, and how we will go about doing so.

If you are not able to make the meeting, send me a dove prior with anything you would like me to bring up at the meeting and I will do so, or if enough people are not able to make the meeting, it can be rescheduled for another time.

I invite any town officials to join us at ((same date, at 6:00pm EST)) to learn who we are as a knighthood, to make formal requests for support, to bring up issues around the island that need to be resolved, or for any reason I have not mentioned.

The meeting will be concluded with a training session.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar
themonk

Post by themonk »

PEOPLE OF GOBAITH

Heres something more lighthearted than recent events.

The knights are looking for a coat of arms to symbolize the knighthood.

Anyone who wishes to help please take your ideas to our meeting next dwarven week.

Sir Gurk
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Update on the Meeting

I ask that any town officials who plan on being at the meeting RSVP with me, either in person, or via dove. Refreshments will be served, and I need to know how much to order. Also, if there is anything you wish to specifically address at the meeting, feel free to include it in your reservations, as it will give me a chance to look into it and be better informed for the meeting.

As of now, all the times for the meeting are still accurate.

Thank you,
Sir Altrix Wulfgar
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Reminder!

The meeting will be held in exactly 2 days ((16 hours from now)) on the second floor of Goldburg Castle. Town officials are welcome to join us a dwarven hour later.

Thank you,
Sir Altrix Wulfgar
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

The meeting starts in 50 dwarven minutes. Anyone who wishes to arrive early is welcome to do so. The doors will be open, and I will be there.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

The meeting starts now.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar
themonk

Post by themonk »

Coat of arms

The new coat of arms did not get mentioned in the meeting so i prompt anyone interested to show any ideas of a symbol for the order

Thank you

Knights of Goldburg
Necral

Post by Necral »

Dear Knights,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for being unable to attend the meeting. I was otherwise engaged. I know it is hard to comprehend an attendance that is more worthy than that of a solid oath with the knighthood, though it was unavoidable.

If you need my attendance for any other reason, please send me dove and I will be happy to oblige

~ Iskar Necral
themonk

Post by themonk »

NEWS

There have been reports and sighting that remnents of the Gobaith Knights have returned. This will bold well for the island.

If any knights of Gobaith read this report please arrange a meeting with our order for any questions you wish to ask or information you wish to give us.

Sir Gurk Brudaar
Knight of Goldburg
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I ask that all of our knights send me a report of their activity within the knighthood since our last meeting.

Thank you,
Sir Altrix Wulfgar
themonk

Post by themonk »

Update

Gobaith has been quiet of late and no sign of Gray and Black. I am currently focusing on my hunting career in the new guild but i will answer my call of duty in the order when im needed.

Gurk
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Due to some obligations elsewhere, I am afraid I will be unable to focus my full attention on the knighthood for the time being, and as such, I place Sir Gurk temporarily at the head of the knighthood. I hope to be able to return to my full active duties as soon as possible.

Sir Altrix Wulfgar

((Work has been really crazy for my lately due to some changes they're making, so they're putting having me fill in for a lot of people while they get things straightened out.. I hope to be back soon))
Blackreigns

Post by Blackreigns »

(( my laptop went screwy to the point of no fixing the hard drive's booting, but i have finally gotten a new drive all prepped and ready to go. ))

*A half elven woman walks up to the board humming softly. As she reads she frowns lightly but eventually shrugs the frown off resuming her humming as she writes her own post*

" Can't really Read every thing. Think I have the idea. Have returned from the mainland. Seeking ways to serve the people of the island. Could do with training."

The note is signed with a simple B.