Town Guard of Troll's Bane / Stadtwache von Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

1d20

Re: Town Guard of Troll's Bane / Stadtwache von Trolls Bane

Post by 1d20 »

Should I have wanted to "kidnap" anyone, you'd be hearing reports of kidnaps, not attempted kidnaps. You're making a mockery of Troll Bane's guard. An amusing mockery, but a mockery nonetheless.

- Blake
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

*A parchment hangs around the town of Bane*

I wish to inform and warn all citizens about the recent activity from the orcen Blackthorn Clan. Members of said clan have been attacking and attempting to kidnap citizens of Bane for use of slavery. As of today the 8th of Ushos, no member of the clan is allowed inside Bane walls. Both towns of Varshikar and Silverbrand have declared war upon the clan so it seems the clan's nonsense has been targeting other settlements as well. I personally have been asked to support the Bearer's of Fire in attempt to stop the orcen tribe and it's violent behavior to the isle. I cannot speak of the entire town of Bane, though I strongly urge the council and it's citizens to consider aiding our neighboring towns as they have us in the past.

For now, I shall put an "attack on sight" order for any orcs that are members of the Blackthorn Clan and let the council decide how to handle this further.

-Leon Demelii
Captain of the Troll's Bane Town Guard
Nicolas Lemarius

Post by Nicolas Lemarius »

I would like to make citizens and guests aware of 2 individuals that i found to be extremely suspicious during my short rest in Trolls Bane.
One is an elfess named Celegail and the other a human mage named Celdea.

These two females persistently tried to take my daggers from my person without invitation or permission.
Celegail initially attempted to do so physically and when that failed both females were constantly trying to harass me and pressure me into giving them my daggers despite being frequently told no.

Again, be warned and keep an eye out for these two females.

~The letter remains unsigned~
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

- Offers a slight snarl as he reads of the declarations of war brought upon his horde. Using his own parchment instead of cluttering the ones posted as if he wished to leave them intact for others to see, he address the town of Varshikar, Silverbrand, and solely Leon of Bane. An identical letter is left in each town.

~ King Tialdin ob Silverbrand, Bearers ob Fiyah, Leon ob Bane,

Yooh an those whoo yooh considah council beh welcomed tah meet wib dah almighty council ob Blackhorns later dis day. Weh may speak ob these claims yooh make against our horde an allow yoohs tah take from daht as yooh will. Weh will nub leave empty threats on dis parchment, only daht yooh see to it that jur council beh present within dah day. If jur council nub beh present, weh will considah jur declarations ob baddle true, an suggest yooh seh to it that all innocents ob your town beh warned ob war immediately. Dah burden beh on yoohs as nub mercy will beh given to any within jur walls...

x Chiefah Slug'Gnar ob Blackhorn
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Everyone take notice: Tonight the streets were overrun by red demon warrior skeletons. Evie and I hunted down seven of them. We secured the gates and doors and ensured that there are no more, but please be vigilant in case we missed any.

~Uhuru~
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Small edit to Uhuru's note . just found number 8.
Evie
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Madness mummies found in Bane. Two were found. One was put on the dock of the arena. The other blown to the west side of lake Adron. All town gates and doors were closed to avoid further issues as the town was swept for more madness mummies. Please stay alert.

I also heard madness mummies have been seen at the Farmer's Union.

~Uhuru~
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

There is a mummy of madness near the south gate & field of Bane.
03.Bras 37 in the early morning

~Largon
themonk

Post by themonk »

Feral lizard

Be warned people of Bane i saw a feral and rather large lizard roaming arround the northern forrest near our town, i approached him to see if he needed help looking confused and distraught but he attack me, luckily i managed to crawl into a gap in the mountains he was to large to fit. If i didt know better id say he tried to eat me!?

I cant sleep at night now!

Nervous citizen
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Don't fear, my faithful citizens. I'll save you.

Your Savior, Lord Tirrius Tinkleberry the Fifth
Kale Drake

Post by Kale Drake »

I would like to meet with someone about lending my hang in the town guards!

yours,

Kale
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment is added to the Guard board.

I wish to accuse an elfess named Chelain of intentional defacement of government property and wish this matter brought before the Captain and the Judge. If someone would be so kind as to come to the Trolls Bane house we rent north of town, I can show them proof. Please inform me of anything I need to do to speed this issue so I can be assured my son will be able to sleep in the house without being disturbed. (( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =4&t=36995 )).

Kyre

A copy of a parchment is left on the board.
H. Criminal Damage
Intentional destruction or damage to the property of another, including that of the Town, will be regarded as criminal damage. Where unintentional damage occurs to property the owner should be sought to offer compensation.
Chelain

Post by Chelain »

I have been looking for a guard so I can turn myself in, but have as yet been unsuccessful. Would someone please just let me know when I need to appear before the judge.

Thank you,
Chelain
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

*pins a note to the board, written in a neat script*

It has been many weeks since Irania tried to kill me by throwing a rock at me. I have not even been approached by the town Guard Captain for questioning or anyone else for that matter. When will progress on my case be made? This is getting a little embarressing for our government I should think.

~Uhuru Pryler~
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Maybe ya should look ta outside help. Not me ofcourse , since am such a peace lovin Dwarf. Still, could easily solve ya problem.
Chelain

Post by Chelain »

*The elfess reads the posts and grows a bit disconcerted. She hastily writes something down on a torn piece of parchment and posts it to the board.*

I've been waiting days for someone to come and talk to me regarding my case. This does not make me feel good at all that my citizenship is placed on hold and I could be forced to wait indefinitely. When will someone talk to me? When will a trial date be set? Will someone please contact me?

Chelain
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Uhuru,

As I understand, you received a prompt reply to your complaint made to Councillor Kyre. The Captain and I had already begun investigations immediately after the event, interviewing witnesses, but as you expressed such distrust of us in your correspondance our efforts were put on hold temporarily. As far as I am aware though, Kyre received no further reply so it was subsequently assumed the matter was resolved.

I assure you, however, this Government has no reason to feel embarassed, we have made no attempt to take away any Citizen's rights or hounded any vulnerable person.

I will request Councillor Robert speaks to you further regarding this matter if need be.

Peace loving Dwarf,

You are welcome to leave the bricks with any Government official if you do not happen upon me first as I would hate to delay your rehabilitation.

Chelain,

I am somewhat bemused by your note when just the other day I spoke to you regarding this matter and reassured the case would be dealt with as soon as the Captain and Judge were able. As I said then, you will be contacted as soon as you are needed. Why your friend Glin and I even discussed the scarcity of guards and his eagerness to join in light of the depleted numbers we suffer.

Regards to all,
Oxi
Jude Atelhier

Re: The Government of Troll's Bane

Post by Jude Atelhier »

In the case of Trollsbane vs the Elfess Chelain: on the charge of middle offense, Chelain is found not guilty by way of disproportionate penalty.

The Elfess Chelain has been found guilty on the minor offenses Criminal trespass, criminal disturbance of peace and Criminal duress.

Chelain is hereby order to pay a fine of 40 silver, Until this fine is paid all application for citizenship will be placed on hold. Any criminal activity henceforth will result in higher base penalty.

Judge
Felix Atlehier
Chelain

Re: The Government of Troll's Bane

Post by Chelain »

*looks at the board with her mouth hanging open and quickly writes and posts something*

Surely this amount of 40 silvers is incorrect. That is almost 5 times my entire net worth. It is hardly commiserate to the crime and not at all what would be needed to clean up what was done, a bucket, water and some soap. Though I do understand some of this amount is in place as punishment, the amount just cannot be correct. I wish to have this reviewed please.

Chelain
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

not having anything to do with this, I personally agree with the defendant and acused ,Chelain, I would have a meeting with the judge and herself to discuss a DIFFERENT course of punishment..I humbly ask you to not disregard this until we discuss. I think you will find this..Satisfactory.
~Maeglin Telemmaite Vian
Oxi

Notification

Post by Oxi »

1100 bricks received from Hew
40 silver received from Chelain

Oxi
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

You lying bastard! Oxi
I gave you 1500 hard earned , well made bricks!
Either you accept the penalty as paid in full or you will get the remaining 400 one at a time right at your head!

Hew Keenaxe
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Charming as ever Hew!

I was simply reporting what I had in my possession as it is Town property. At what point in our conversation did I demand any further bricks from you? I believe I merely implied that throwing them across the room perhaps wasn't the best form of delivery and it is hardly surprising you lost some.

I may choose to ignore your tiresome rudeness and the threats you make to my face but putting up parchments to that effect is rather foolish when the Guard may take it upon themselves to charge you.

Oxi
Chelain

Post by Chelain »

*Once again, her mouth drops open as she reads a posting on the board.*

Perhaps my logic isn't sound. Can the townspeople, guards, council members, visitors, anyone please help me out here.

1) dying of grass is judged, by the judge himself, as a threat and punishment handed out accordingly (if rather high and agressively).
2) writing about throwing bricks is seen as a threat as Oxiana indicated himself.
3) however, I am told by many people, including Oxiana himself, that being told by a mage master that he is going to kill me is not a threat. I am told that I have not been injured so don't worry about it.

I see no injury to anyone in the first two examples. I am obviously misinterpreting the law somehow because it says nothing of injury. I am a student of philosophy and life. I have been alive a good long while. Please help me to understand how the law is applied in each circumstance and why it does not apply in mine, the third.

Chelain
H. Threat and Duress
Threatening a Citizen or Visitor with violence, or trying to force them into doing something against his/her will is crime against the law.
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Chelain,

As I indicated when you handed in your fine, you would fare better if you cared to listen. I specifically stated you did not know my feelings regarding William's actions so kindly retract your claims. Perhaps if you had waited to hear my words you would have realised I am probably the most sympathetic of officials to you when it comes to this matter and with good reason. As I understood it though, the Judge has already dealt with this matter as he saw fit.

You are welcome to discuss this with me sensibly but enough scaremongering.
Oxi
Robert_Thwaite

Post by Robert_Thwaite »

If there still appears to be an issue perhaps both parties would care to meet with a councillor and another that is not involved with the case
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Even though I do not yet legally possess authority over the Guard and its board, it is my humble request that this board remain free of disputes. Those can instead be had via proper meetings, messages outside this board or private doves.

~~ S'rrt K'shire
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

- A small notice is left in the jam of the gate that leads to the jail.

" I wish to speak with someone about serving along side the towns guard."

Benjamin Doyle
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I have been hurt by the elf named Valen.I was having a conversation with my friend Celegail when it became the time for me to depart. Valen bravely suggested that I am one to run away whenever there is trouble. The trouble in this case was a personal issue of Celegail's. Valen dared to say that my status is bogus and that I do not actually deserve it. I asked him to question that status straight in front of the Council and not me if he doesn't believe me.

I'm going to prosecute Valen and through the government's new list of recommended tariffs, I propose that he gets the minimal punishment. I endorse the pillory but not the fines. Still, the fine is up to the Judge to decide.
E. Defamation of Character
Min. Time in the pillory +/- resource collection or fine
Max. Temporary ban + resource collection or fine
I will be waiting for a message about this but if it so happens that I get reinstated as a/the Captain, I will deal with it myself.

~~ S'rrt K'shire

P.S I have a few witnesses.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Cleaning up list of recruits and adding in Council's division form.

~~Guard Captain of Internal Security S'rrt K'shire