Town Guard of Troll's Bane / Stadtwache von Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Samantha Stoneridge

Re: Town Guard of Troll's Bane / Stadtwache von Trolls Bane

Post by Samantha Stoneridge »

By his own admission Djironnyma has been found guilty of assault on an unknown preacher within the walls of Troll's Bane.

Consideration has been given to the behaviour of all parties involved and although it is recognized the actions of the preacher may have been considered inflammatory the severity of the attack cannot be denied. It is acknowledged, however, Djironnyma contacted the Head of Council to volunteer an admission of guilt.

On this day, the 12th Zhas 38, Djironnyma is hereby sentenced to a fine of 250 silver, the sum of which is to be delivered to either the Magistrate, Samantha Stoneridge, or the Head of Council, Oxiana, by the end of this month. Any refusal to adhere to these terms will result in a public trial being called to determine a harsher punishment for the crimes committed.

Samantha Stoneridge
Magistrate of Troll's Bane
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

Wondering If I should remove the flowers which litter the market place incase they attract something.

~Trollsbane Recruit
Sean snow
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I accept Trolls Banes judgment. The Coins will be paid as soon as possible.

~Djironnyma
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Djironnyma has paid his fine in full.

Oxi
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Everyone should greet the newcomer Keenan ap Cale as a recruit. There is also a promotion of the recruit Sean to a a guard. Congratulations-

~~ Captain S'rrt K'shire of Internal Security
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

The man Cedric was spotted within Town and has been removed by force
Thanks to Tirrend Skye, Cedric has threatened and elfess at sword point and is
highly dangerous.

~Guard Snow
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I have exterminated more madness mummies at dawn with Ufedhin Copperhand.

Cedric remains to be seen.

Samantha Stoneridge

Another madness mummy has been found and removed near the South gate. Please be careful when wandering outside the town walls everyone.

Samantha Stoneridge
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The elves Valen Tiercelion and Lafadiel, also known as Saladorn, are wanted by me for questioning. It would be most optimal if the two could show up to me in the town's workshops.

Esmerelda

Post by Esmerelda »

Watch yourself around that Valen, Captain, especially if he asks you to "dance". Just blades, he'll say. And not to worry if you're new at it, it will just be a friendly going through the motions sort of thing. Good thing I paused in my approach to him, another half a step and I'dve been charred by the fireball he shot with no warning. I'm new here, so maybe I just don't understand the way things work on this island. However, where I come from a mage had enough honor to ask (or at least the common decency to warn you) before casting magic in a "friendly dance". Of course, where I come from, he would have had to prove he had honor at all before someone was crazy enough to give him harmful magic. Are runes given away on a whim here?

No actual harm done, so no charges to press... Just a general warning to the public.

Esme
Valen Tiercelion

Post by Valen Tiercelion »

I understand that you have been spreading this misinformation around so I'm afraid I will have to charge you with slander "Esme". Just because I do not desire your company in bed or anywhere else now for that matter does not mean you may go around spouting this kind of vileness around. You may be bitter and resentful, which is understandable, but still some self-control and respect is warranted I believe.
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Valen Tiercelion wrote:I understand that you have been spreading this misinformation around so I'm afraid I will have to charge you with slander "Esme". Just because I do not desire your company in bed or anywhere else now for that matter does not mean you may go around spouting this kind of vileness around. You may be bitter and resentful, which is understandable, but still some self-control and respect is warranted I believe.
Valen,

The fact you replied to this means you have again broke ban and entered the town.....again. Which to me honestly isn't a surprise anymore. What is sad about this is that I am replying to it because I know for a fact you will be entering town again if not already here hidden behind some wall.

Seeing as how you enjoy to make a fuss and cause others headaches, and am left stunned as to what to do now. So as you saw the last time we crossed each other, the way of it now. When I see you inside the town walls I will attack. If you follow me after I've attacked and kicked you out, I will attack again. This can easily go on forever if you wish my friend. It is far easier for me to do so then try to walk you out nicely. As for the rest of the Guard, I give full permission to act freely upon seeing the elf as I am sure Captain S'rrt will concur.

I hope you the best of luck in fully understanding what I wrote above, Valen. I'm sure I'll see you soon.

Leon Demelii
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

Leon Demelii wrote:
Valen Tiercelion wrote:I understand that you have been spreading this misinformation around so I'm afraid I will have to charge you with slander "Esme". Just because I do not desire your company in bed or anywhere else now for that matter does not mean you may go around spouting this kind of vileness around. You may be bitter and resentful, which is understandable, but still some self-control and respect is warranted I believe.
Valen,

The fact you replied to this means you have again broke ban and entered the town.....again. Which to me honestly isn't a surprise anymore. What is sad about this is that I am replying to it because I know for a fact you will be entering town again if not already here hidden behind some wall.

Seeing as how you enjoy to make a fuss and cause others headaches, and am left stunned as to what to do now. So as you saw the last time we crossed each other, the way of it now. When I see you inside the town walls I will attack. If you follow me after I've attacked and kicked you out, I will attack again. This can easily go on forever if you wish my friend. It is far easier for me to do so then try to walk you out nicely. As for the rest of the Guard, I give full permission to act freely upon seeing the elf as I am sure Captain S'rrt will concur.

I hope you the best of luck in fully understanding what I wrote above, Valen. I'm sure I'll see you soon.

Leon Demelii

*a lizard walks up to the board and posts a paper written in claw and ink*

It, as far as I can tell is an assumption of this elf boy posting this paper, as it is unsigned. For all you know mister Leon, someone is framing him. Granted he is NOT allowed in town as ive heard, but meh, this note does not prove he was there at all. simply stating that one can not simply ASSUME, that it was Valen. Miss seeing you around, and best wishes.
~Ssaron Klawtail
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

One of the Captains sighs disheartened at the sight of the long writings and picks up his personal writing board to scribble out a message with his inked claw.

Mister or miss Esme, I am sorry about you having had to meet this person. Unfortunately there exist crazy people with magic who will teach that magic to other crazy people. All I can tell you is that we are currently working on trying to find another way of dealing with him.

Thank you much for your warning to the citizens and myself. You as well as everyone else should choose to steer away from the elf and not get picked up in his schemes.
Leon Demelii wrote:As for the rest of the Guard, I give full permission to act freely upon seeing the elf as I am sure Captain S'rrt will concur.
I do concur, guards can and should be more liberal in their ways of handling the elf. It seems he can sustain an incredible amount of damage and still continue opposing authority. You ask, you shall receive.

If recent post was indeed put up by Valen but he simply left it unsigned, I must say it's been a while since I saw such blatant hypocrisy. Now let's just keep any pointless debates on this board at zero.

Valen Tiercelion

Post by Valen Tiercelion »

Personal vendettas aside, Srrt, you might still want to reconsider your choice of profession. I have seen you jump to conclusions without most of the facts so eager have you been to judge and condemn. Word on the street is that you're about as open as a clam and more likely to snap. I see you turning this town into a police state, and I wonder at the times ahead if you don't change your ways.

To the below:

Oh yes, of course thank you for saving us from those passerby harmlessly going about their business. Thank you for bringing excitement into our lives with daily false alarms and chases. And we thank you for disrupting friendly conversations with brute force, no doubt, no doubt.
Last edited by Valen Tiercelion on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Oxi

A note of thanks

Post by Oxi »

My thanks to the Captains and their Guards, along with the Magistrate, for their tireless dedication in recent times.

Never doubt that what you are doing is serving those in Troll's Bane that need your protection the most.

With the greatest regard,
Oxi
Oxi

Sentence Notice

Post by Oxi »

Cedric Demelii has confessed in full regarding his actions against Eraisuithiel Celebrindal as reported by Guard Snow. The case was discussed with the Magistrate prior to her taking a short respite away from Town and I have been left to deliver the verdict.

On this day, the 5th Ushos 38, Cedric Demelii is hereby sentenced to a fine of 100 silver to be paid to the victim and 500 iron bars to be provided to the Guard. The victim's compensation is only to be paid in person if supervised by a Town official, otherwise it should be delivered with the iron bars to either the Magistrate, Samantha Stoneridge, or the Head of Council, Oxiana, by the end of this month. Any refusal to adhere to these terms will result in a public trial being called to determine a harsher punishment for the crimes committed.

Oxi
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

Citizens or Visitors
A reminder not to bring undead within the town walls as it is dangerous.
Two mummies have been dealt with.
~Guard Snow
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The recruit Ruben have been relieved of duty due to inactivity and disrespect towards an Official.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

((quote from http://illarion.org/statistics/us_quests.php?id=224))
A ritual in honour of Cherga was annonced to take place in Troll's Bane at the 14th of Ushos in the year 38 after the witchking.
((Start time of the quest: 14th Ushos 38 - 3:00:00 pm (11. November 2012 21:09PM) ))
((More information: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =4&t=37139))

I want as many guards available for this occasion as possible. Report in as early as possible.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The ritual was carried out without incidents. Myself and Captain Leon were there, other guard presence would have been preferable.

On another topic:
Samantha Stoneridge wrote:Master Roland has assured me that Mister Valen is no longer a threat. The ban is hereby lifted. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any concerns or issues with him.

Samantha Stoneridge
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Citizens of Troll's Bane. Citizens of this island. Citizens and people everywhere.

Today a god's messenger showed itself to a large crowd. It appearead as a dragon and presented a prophecy, spoke of becoming change in Illarion. This is not just a matter of the Guard or Troll's Bane, this affects everyone, everywhere.

Even though this would seem like a time for desperation and panic, or any extreme feelings or emotions that the vision infused you with, I would like to remind everyone that there was talk of "change". Not "death and destruction". We shouldn't lose ourselves over this for we still have each other to look after, that won't change. For this reason I am going to continue doing my work, managing the security of the town and ensuring the safety of the people.

If anyone finds that this revelation is too overwhelming to them, they can find and talk to me in an effort to ease their mind.

Have faith, people, and care for each other.

Samantha Stoneridge

Citizens,

Do not be alarmed by the flames on the roof of the workshop. I heard the spell cast and they are only an illusion. Unfortunately, I do not know who put them there and I am unable to get reach and remove them.

Samantha Stoneridge
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

Samantha Stoneridge wrote:Citizens,

Do not be alarmed by the flames on the roof of the workshop. I heard the spell cast and they are only an illusion. Unfortunately, I do not know who put them there and I am unable to get reach and remove them.

Samantha Stoneridge
Added to the bottom

I would like to speak to the man Duke reguarding this. We also believe the man who did this recently purchased a wand.
Sean.
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

Who ever decided to put the mass of undead on the arena.
atleast notify someone first.

Sean.
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

It seems mister Hew went out of his way to pass on a message to the guard captain Leon.
an Assault on a guard and breaking of the ban.

~Guard Snow
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Thank you for all of your dedicated work so far, Sean.

Cedric has only now been notified about his punishment by me. He entered the town to retrieve items from his trunk and told me he hadn't heard of such decision. I copied down what Oxiana wrote about about his punishment and gave it to him, and also suggested he writes to the Magistrate about his ban if he wants to change the state of it. He left without incident.

On another note I have had talks with Oxiana about the recent appearances of priests within the town and the security risks they have brought. We have now concluded that it is for the town's best interests to turn these troublebringers away if they much as start preaching or arguing out of any reason at all. The last time it happened we had a dragon swoop down in our midst.

P.S Guard Zehshirr and recruits Ivan, Keenan ap Cale, Cai and Morlok should report to me so we can discuss their involvement with the Guard.

P.P.S Claiming false status, such as that of a guard, is still a crime.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

MOST OF THE LIBRARY HAS BEEN BURNT DOWN AND DOCILE UNDEAD POURED OUT.

The Bearer of Fire Djironnyma says hints suggest there having been a failed unholy ritual inside the library. Had it been successful, the undead that came out wouldn't have been docile, he says. He also suggests that the ritual was to honor "a demon or an unspoken one". There may still be a few wandering yet harmless undead about.

The Guard is unsure as of yet how to determine the real cause of the fire or how to track the supposed cult that was behind it.

There were also reports of a wolf running in town before vanishing along with distant howls.

~~ Guard Captain S'rrt K'shire of Internal Security

P.S It is adviced that no one enters the library as it has been made illegal by the Councilor Oxiana. Entering the library will be seen as disobedience.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

There is a troll under the bridge by the east gate and it sometimes guards the bridge asking for a toll. The toll is a bucket of clean water or a flower of any kind.

I ask that guards do not attempt to remove it by force. Instead, give the flowers that you have in your possession to the people trying to pass the troll. There has to be another way of removing the troll besides violence. A Bearer of Fire Jonas tried to persuade it to move to the north bridge so that is a goal that could be pursued.

The elf Jerem has put up a few notes about the troll as well, I shall provide a copy:
GolfLima wrote:An alle Einwohner Gobaiths
to all people of Gobaith

Am heutigen Tage (14. Siros 38) haben Keona, Alrik und ich einen freundlichen Brückentrolll an der Brücke des Osttores von Bane getroffen.
There is a friendly bridge troll at the bridge near the east gate of Bane.

Wenn Ihr Ihm eine Blume oder einen Eimer klares Wasser gebt läßt Er Euch passieren.
Hand him a flower or a bucket with clear water and he let pass you through the bridge.

Seid bitte nett zu dem Troll er säubert den Fluß dafür.
Please be friendly to the troll he clears the water.

~Jerem
((Bridge Troll open RP: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =4&t=37159))

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Guard Zehshirr and recruits Ivan, Keenan ap Cale and Morlok have one dwarven week ((IRL week)) to report to me via dove or preferably through meeting me in town if they wish to continue working in the Guard.

Recruit Cai, good work so far.