Town Guard of Troll's Bane / Stadtwache von Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Samantha Stoneridge

Re: Town Guard of Troll's Bane / Stadtwache von Trolls Bane

Post by Samantha Stoneridge »

Just a reminder to citizens and guests of Troll's Bane. Mas is upon us now, please take care that you are closing the gates and doors behind you when you enter or exit. Let's try to keep everyone safe and warm.

Samantha Stoneridge
Magistrate of Troll's Bane
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

Someone has allowed the madness mummies into town. Perhaps next town people will listen time they are told not to leave doors open.
I require help at the inside of town, close to the east gate as soon as possible. I can not get rid of a mummy as it is trying to get to an unconscious citizen. Only need one person, but I need that person soon.

Guard Zehshirr.

It is taken care of.
Samantha Stoneridge

The elf Valen was seen by myself and Mister Tirrend spreading madness mummies in town. Mister Sean, Mister Tirrend, Mister Ruben and myself are working to contain them now.
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

Samantha Stoneridge wrote:The elf Valen was seen by myself and Mister Tirrend spreading madness mummies in town. Mister Sean, Mister Tirrend, Mister Ruben and myself are working to contain them now.
I also have beared witness
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

There are simply too many to contain anywhere in town. If you can, try to draw them outside and lose them in the woods.

Tirrend
Valen Tiercelion

Post by Valen Tiercelion »

I didn't bring the mummies nor am I the cause of their presence.

This infestation could be the sign of a greater foulness though. Like attracts like they say, and who among the settlements has reeked more than Trollsbane? Bane the bane of troll people and freedoms alike. How long will you oppress and deny?

But hark! Liberty's banner rolls on high! She has risen, for all ye who would be free, she has risen. And she'll rise yet higher, if but you and I come to her aid. So let us pull together, drawing her tight 'gainst the stormy winds of those who'll oppose.

For adversity tempers, and surely a new day will come!

( there were mummies around already, and it's not reasonable to assume every char knows mummies split )
Last edited by Valen Tiercelion on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

I don't know what the elf is getting on about, but multiple people witnessed him, including me, attack and split these mummies of madness. But thankfully the town is free of them at the moment. I'll warn everyone not to open the gates if you're inside, as we put them all outside and they are quite a few.

Tirrend.
Samantha Stoneridge

For recklessly endangering the town of Troll's Bane and her Citizens and committing the following crimes,

i) Disturbance
ii) Assault
iii) Endangering the Public
iv) Resisting Arrest

As witnessed by the following,
i) Tirrend
ii) Sean
iii) Leon Demelii, Captain of Troll's Bane
iV) Roland Ross, Guard of Troll's Bane
ii) Samantha Stoneridge, Magistrate of Troll's Bane

The elf known as Valen shall be banned from Troll's Bane and her lands until such a time he decides to face trial.

Samantha Stoneridge
Last edited by Samantha Stoneridge on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

I was witness to it also.

Recruit, Ruben Goodgarden
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

WARNING

Mass infestation of Madness Mummies developing from South Gate as some fool has purposefully let them in and caused them to split and multiply.

You were observed, you will be dealt with when this is over.

Oxi
Samantha Stoneridge

The town and surrounding land appears to be cleared of undead. Please report any stragglers you may find if you are unable to remove them yourself. A huge thank you to all who helped in the control and extermination of the mummies.

I would like a report of all injuries caused by the mummies as soon as possible. I would like to add them to the list of crimes of those who spread the creatures. To my knowledge there have been no deaths.

Welcome to the new year, may it be a safe and prosperous one.

Samantha Stoneridge
Magistrate of Troll's Bane.
Samantha Stoneridge

Mister Hew Keenaxe is hereby charged with endangering the public and disturbance for intentionally multiplying mummies of madness within the town walls. In addition, he is being charged with threatening a town official. I am reviewing the witness statements and will make a judgment as soon as possible.

Samantha Stoneridge
Samantha Stoneridge

In the case of Mister Valen, I find him guilty of all charges. He is hereby sentenced to the collection of 750 bars of iron. In addition, Mister Valen is hereby banned from the town of Troll's Bane for a minimum of two Dwarven weeks. The ban shall remain in effect until all of the iron bars have been turned over to a town official.

In the case of Mister Hew Keenaxe, I find him guilty of all charges as well. He is hereby sentenced to the collection of 1000 leather and 100 branches. In addition, Mister Keenaxe is hereby banned from the town of Troll's Bane for a minimum of two Dwarven weeks. The ban shall remain in effect until all of the leather and branches have been turned over to a town official.

Both men may contact any town official by dove to schedule delivery of resources. All town officials are asked to count the resources and send a dove to me once they are collected in full.

Samantha Stoneridge
Magistrate of Bane
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

two pieces of parchment are put on each door of Sorgans Workshop

Do not Enter

A Stone Golem has been secured inside after chasing Kale Drake.
help is welcome.

Sean.
Another message is blood splattered and is added to the bottom

Never mind I have destroyed the golem with great injury to myself. and will be seeking compensation for my broken gear.
Adronfront

Post by Adronfront »

Kale Drake, the man of stone, greatest warrior on Gobaith, hero of countless battles, subjugator of all creatures of Illarion has been chased through town by an ordinary golem? I refuse to belive that. It must have been a demon and Drake weakened it so Mister Sean was able to defeat it.

~unsigned
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Whoever put up the previous parchment, please refrain from doing so again. That post had absolutely nothing to do with the Guard.

Thank you for isolating and eliminating the threat Sean. Your deed is a wonderful example for any defenders.

I should have made a post about this earlier but I'm sorry that you chose to leave the Guard. Whatever time you were served as a recruit was remarkable despite your thick skull.

~~ Captain S'rrt K'shire of Internal Security
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Citizens and visitors alike, do not be fooled by a hobbit named Bindus saying he's a guard because he's not. He has told me personally that his intention is to fool people. If anyone catches him doing this, please report it to the Guard.

People should be wary of him in general too because he stated to me that he considers the laws of this town as guidelines.

Thargon

Post by Thargon »

Valen Tiercelion has Assaulted a member of the guard when being asked to leave.
Then has fled.

I wish to extend his ban for another dwarven week and have him face Consequences for this assault.

hastily written under it

Valen has again entered Trolls Bane and resisted arrest any attempts to arrest Valen seem to be useless I would ask that brute force be used. Seeing as his ears are made of stone.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Thank you for the report Sean, I assume. There was no name.

I caught Valen in the sparring ring where he, not surprisingly, refused to leave peacefully. After a number of chances given, a suggestion to walk out with me to which he said he can find his own way out but still didn't go, weapons being drawn out and a countdown, I unfortunately had to beat him to the ground and drag him outside.

Would the Magistrate please assess the situation with his multiple ban breaks, resisting of removal and the assault? It would seem he has made no attempt to gather the ore either.

P.S The bans-list on the initial page has been updated.
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

Just a warning I found an ogre just outside the northeastern gate.
I have dealt with it already and am hoping it is a one off.

Troll'sbane recruit
Sean Snow.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Thank you Sean.

I understand there is some confusion over Sean's connection to the Guard. While he did resign for a very short time, he was taken in immediately soon after. In hindsight a notice about him returning would have been in place but I'm saying it now, he's officially a recruit.

*something has been added later*

Another ogre has attacked two people near the north gate, it seemed to possess poisoned weaponry. I advise the citizens to be watchful while traveling between the bridge and the north gate.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Citizens and visitors alike

I do not have an "assistant" who goes around collecting "tax" money. We don't even collect tax in this town. This is a scam and should not be fallen for. If someone is caught doing this, please report it immediately.

Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Yes, you do collect taxes, you filthy liar!

Whenever we trade, whenever we use the teleporter, you get a part of our money! Thieves!

~unsigned
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Let me correct myself then: We do not go up to people and ask them to pay up their tax, or ask them to deliver tax money to us. I thought what I said was quite clear.

~~ Captain S'rrt
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Your words were perfectly clear S'rrt.

The only people paying tax to this Town are Leon and myself; there has always been a twenty silver per dwarven month tax associated with the keep since we purchased it from the town.

Any monies collected from the teleporter do not go to the Government so perhaps our brave anonymous name caller should be silent until he/she has their facts correct.

Oxi
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Dagbladden is a good thing but I'll be damned if I can't find something to correct about the Guard in every issue.
Dagbladden wrote:Allowed or not allowed?
Division in police and guard
The guard of trolls bane has been divided into two divisions. The police under captain S’rrt K’shire has to enforce the law in town. The militia lead by Leon Demeli defends the town.
The situation confuses citizen as well as criminals since the distribution of responsibilities it is not clear for everybody.
The responsibilites were made clear in this government article on the board of The Government of Troll's Bane. I'm only showing the part about responsibilities, anyone can go and read the whole article for themselves:
Oxi wrote: The Council hereby announces S'rrt K'shire as Captain of Internal Security and Leon Demelii as Captain of Military Defence.

The Captain of Internal Security will be responsible for:
Overseeing Town patrols
Judicial liaison and keeper of criminal proceedings ledger
Training of new recruits

The Captain of Military Defence will be responsible for:
Defence of the Commonwealth
Security of the Town walls
Training of qualified guards in military manoeuvres

Both Captains will be expected to continue to contribute to all roles where required but are assigned distinct responsibilities according to their skills.
Agreement of both Captains will be required for the admittance of any new recruits and subsequent promotion to Guard.
Council approval will continue to be required for the promotion of any Guard to an officer role.
((link: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 71#p662071))

I had also added the said article on the initial page of the Guard board as soon as it became public.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Two madness mummies have been trapped inside the Arena outside of east gate to wait for dawn in order to be exterminated.

Samantha Stoneridge

The creatures have been removed.

Samantha Stoneridge
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

Killed another two ogres close to town.

Sean.
Oxi

Government Notice

Post by Oxi »

The Government of Troll’s Bane condemns any act violence against her Citizens or Guests alike. I wish to remind those dwelling within the Town or visiting it that they are expected to respect the laws as publicised on the Town walls at all times. Any infringement of these laws will be reviewed by the Magistrate and where necessary referred to the High Judge.

In future, preachers are encouraged to speak to officials before attracting large gatherings within the Town walls that may incite unrest. This is to allow for provision to be made for the safety of onlookers. If you find such a request unacceptable you are kindly asked to promote your beliefs outside the gates of Bane.

Oxi