Town Guard of Troll's Bane / Stadtwache von Trolls Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

S'rrt

Re: Town Guard of Troll's Bane/Stadtwache von Trolls Bane

Post by S'rrt »

I'm going to address a few things about the latest issue of Dagbladden. The information that is left out of these news imply a lot of needless things.
Dagbladden wrote:Salkamerian Intelligence operates on Gobaith
Grabs the prince of Salkamar for our isle again?
According unconfirmed reports work currently multiple agents for the prince of Salkamar on the isle. At least one is known to our redaction. The activity of the foreign intelligence increased over the last time.
It is not a secret that one of our guards Richard de Adytum, a Salkamar, is here on Gobaith to gather information about the island and its history. The man has been a massive help to the Guard, helping me with the renovation of the old prison as well as having done some translation into the Old for the board.
I've been in talks with him about the intentions of his investigations and they are nothing to be worried about. There is no need to feel threatened by the Salkamar prince.
Open prison?
Multiple escapes reported from Trolls Bane
The last escape from custody by the pirate Aral Canem may let ask the people about safety. Aral Canem is wanted due to kidnapping.
Yes, Aral Canem has escaped custody twice but he was aided by the ghost in both of these cases. There is not a reason to suggest that the Guard cannot detain and hold a criminal, it just tends to get a little complicated if the said criminal is cooperating with a near-omnipotent being capable of teleporting him away from us.
Being one not to take chances with threats like the likes of him, I have urged the Judge to make an official statement so that we have a chance to bring him down for good if he continues cooperation with the ghost.

I would be happy to be interviewed by Dagbladden about the matters of Troll's Bane security so that we may prevent poorly researched news to be published in the future.

~~ Guard Captain S'rrt K'shire
Pierre Francois

Warning

Post by Pierre Francois »

Following the second note left on the smithy wall I ask that all citizens of Trollsbane please be on guard for unknown persons in our midsts. Take care to be in the company of others and alert the guard or Council at the first sign of trouble. We know not if this note regarding Sophie is true, but until we have confirmation, all should band together for the safety of our town and each other.

Guard Pierre Francois
Aravin

Post by Aravin »

How many unknown people running around? Do you know all the residents Gobiaths?
If all now, run away from any person unknown to her?

~unsigned
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

All that the guard Pierre is asking is for cautiousness, there is no need to take that into extremes. The search for Sophie is on the way and the Guard is working to halt the future developoments of this ridiculous "game".

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Pierre Francois has resigned from the Guard.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

My fellow citizens and the visitors of Troll's Bane.

I'd like you to know that whenever you feel mistreated by the Guard or simply wish to give feedback or criticism, do not hesitate to message me about it. I take each and every letter very seriously for I constantly seek to improve the performance of both myself as the Captain and the that of the Guard as a whole. I do not assume I always know the correct way of dealing with problems within the Guard or town security so please, if you think that there's something in my job that I neglect to do, or don't do as well as you the citizens would want me to, I again urge you to contact me with your concerns and other forms of matter.

If you seek to join the Guard, that is another reason to contact me. The Guard will happily take you in, train you, gear you up and familiarize you with the laws and security.

Thankful of the support and acceptance of the town and the guards so far,
Guard Captain S'rrt K'shire
Necral

Post by Necral »

Be greeted, fellow members of the guard,

I understand that my time in the guard may have not been for long, but I ask that you please hear me out. On learning about the recent events that occurred in our town I am inclined to say, that I find the aftermath of silence unhelpful to finding a conclusion to this situation that we can all grasp as being one that is just and necessary. In other words, I think it is time to talk. A meeting perhaps?

On this note, perhaps in vain, I ask the recently resignated guards to reconsider their decisions.

Malachin with you,

~Iskar Necral
Garath

Post by Garath »

I have smithed some ornate daggers, short swords and shields to donate to the guards. While the shields are not the best, there is little to no fault in the weapons. I'd ask all guards who need any weapons at all to ask S'rrt and to message me if they think they need more soon. Either an arrangement will be made or I will give a discount. For harder to make weapons I can not guarantee perfection, and I am low on resources in general.

I can also make a broad selection of tools.

- Joram
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Due to the public questioning of the proceedings with the case involving the mage Athian, I'm taking this chance to tell the public that all of the necessary information has been sent to the Judge so the case is awaiting finalization.

In other news, the guards should not seek Leon Demelii for the services of a quartermaster or an advanced trainer anymore.

Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Temporary assignment of William Erundas to the position of Lieutenant of the Town Guard

The Guard Captain and the Town Council have agreed to enrol William Erundas as Lieutenant of the Guard for a temporary assignment of a maximum of one Dwarven month.

This position has been proposed to alleviate any pressure on the Captain and allow consolidation of the Guard following resignation of a valued member, provide cover as the Captain may need to be away from Town during this period, and to facilitate the building of closer relations between the Guard and Council.

It is also hoped inclusion of a mage in the Guard will encourage a broader spectrum of recruits to apply and it is suggested anyone interested speaks directly to William, along with the Captain.

Any recommendations identified by William are to be brought before the Guard Captain and the Council for discussion should they involve significant alteration to current protocol.

William is to be withdrawn immediately in the event of selection of a permanent Lieutenant who is ready for action before the Dwarven month has passed.

Any abuse of power will result in instant dismissal.

Oxiana
Kyre
S'rrt K'shire
Oxi

Judgement

Post by Oxi »

Unfortunately the Judge has been called away at short notice with family concerns, yet has left his considered opinion on the matter of Athian Corulas for Council consideration.

In the case of Athian Corulas, the Judge having read all statements provided sees no requirement for a trial as the defendant admits his guilt and all witness testimonies corroborate. The Council has been charged with overseeing the remainder of the case.

By his own admission Athian Corulas has been found guilty of four counts of assault and further to this, resisting arrest, although there appears to be mitigating circumstances in that regard.

Consideration has been given to the behaviour of all parties involved and the advice of an independent druid mediator sought. Although it is recognized the actions of some individuals may have exacerbated the problem, the severity of injuries received by two Guards, a former Councillor, and another Citizen cannot be denied.

On today, the 10th of Siros 36, Athian Corulas is hereby sentenced to loss of material orders equivalent in value to 285 silver.
In lieu of a fine, existing orders for ore made to Troll's Bane will halved but paid at the contractually agreed value for the next two Dwarven months.
Any refusal to adhere to these terms will result in a public trial being called to determine a harsher punishment for the crimes committed.

It is recognized that as well as constituting a financial penalty, non delivery of raw materials will also inconvenience the guilty party through disruption of his work; it will also alleviate the Town of the current labour pressures.

Oxiana
Kyre
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I have come to the mutual agreement with my precursor Guard Captain Leon Demelii that his occupation as a guard be ceased completely.

He has done a great service to us all and we were humbled by his request to stay in the Guard and so fondly work for me as his new officer. Alas, he feels that his time with the Guard is over and believes that my effort is satisfactionary to continue the work he did.

On the behalf of the town, including the citizens and the visitors, the Guard, old and new, and the Council; I thank thee, Leon Demelii. May your step be easy on your new path after all you've done for us.

A friend, a citizen, a former Sergeant, truly grateful for having been appointed as the new Captain by Demelii,
~~ S'rrt K'shire
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The following is a statement from the High Judge concerning the recent conflict between Athian Corulas and a number of people, including the guard Joram Senecha, former guard Pierre Francois, former councilor Uhuru and the mage Evie:

(( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 55#p657155 ))
Felix Atelhier wrote:The chosen result should be scribed on the town notice boards(Guilds)
A life ban was decided not to be given and the punishment was made as best as was able to avoid any long winded fuss. To say something about these papers, they did have change the outcome we made but probably not the way those made it were hoping. It's real hard to take reports on any matter when you get them after one party shows a real obvious and personal hating to the other side, going so far as trying to assemble a lynch mob. The late testimonies of the second party coupled with these words here make it hard to tell whats true and what might have just been conspiracy, especially after they would have had so long to work up their stories in their favor.

Now I'm not calling anyone a liar in particular but as it stands there were already a lot differences in the reports I received all the witnesses. We had to lean towards the most immediate of the recollections against the ones that came weeks later. What's not question is that the fellah Athian did bring down three people, whether the guard Joram originally had it coming was beside the point. In some places matter's a insult and honor are solved through bloodshed but in bane we don't want that kind of doing. What we also don't want is to provide for bullies who hide behind the title of guard to go acting any way they please, Trollsbane has had enough corrupt guard folk to last a few lifetimes. To avoid both we decided ona compromise which is going to sting the guilty party but not empower the folks who instigated or exacerbated the trouble.

I'm hoping we won't have any troubles like this again any time soon

Felix Atelhier
S'rrt

The Guard wants YOU!

Post by S'rrt »

Dearest citizens and visitors of Troll's Bane alike.

The Town Guard works hard to keep the town and people safe through patrolling, training, stocking, investigation of crimes and close cooperation with the Councl and the High Judge. However the important work of maintaining security has gotten more difficult due to the lack of recruits.

So I ask you, citizen, to consider joining the Guard, to help improve the safety of our town's environment, and if you're not a citizen we can make you one with no trouble for yourself at all.
We have the gear and the means to train you both in physical combat and ways of handling situations by being the diplomat. All you need to do is seek or contact me, or anyone working in the government you prefer, really. The message will be delivered nevertheless.

Uhuru

Re: Town Guard of Troll's Bane / Stadtwache von Trolls Bane

Post by Uhuru »

*hastily writes a note and tacks it to the board*

Bazier has shown his ugly self today. We have disarmed him, captured him and locked him in the arena, giving him fish and water. Nobody was hurt. Please help us watch him and keep him well tended.

Thank you,
~Uhuru~

Seems we have taken only one of many daggers. Bazier managed to hurt himself with the daggers before we were able to disarm him. We have tended his wounds, which were significant.
~U~
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

An urgent need for a permanent Lieutenant has risen for it may not be certain that I'm around to manage the Guard as the Captain. I have a difficult condition, both physical and mental, that is being sought a permanent cure for with the effort of mages and druids alike. The attempt at a cure may prove to be lethal which is why I'm seeking a Lieutenant and new recruits so eagerly.

Please, if you care for the safety of this town and its citizens, contact me. You will be a lot of help.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

A previously unknown clan of hobbits attacked the town to rescue one of their brothers who attempted to assault and rob me and a councilor as well as took hostage another hobbit. There shouldn't be a threat of hobbits in town now but the citizens should be wary of large concentrations of hobbit bandits.

On another subject, I would like to remind the public that you do not need to be capable in combat in order to join the Guard, for two reasons: combat efficiency can be taught and there are other tasks besides the ones that involve the use of physical or magical strength. Examples of such tasks are investigation and surveillance.

Two recruits have recently joined the ranks, welcome Josephine D'Gemmifus and a man known simply as "Six".

Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Citizens and visitors alike, beware if approaching the former Knight's Keep to the East of Bane as it has been overrun by Halfling bandits. Of particular concern is their fondness of using Gynks so please take extreme care if entering the keep.

Our thanks to all those who assisted in driving the bandits back into the keep and disabling many of the traps.

Regards
Oxi
Robert
themonk

Post by themonk »

* Gurk storms up to the board slightly weeping yet rageful nailing anouther board onto the top corner of the larger board, he writing is scored into the wood with his claws *

What in Tanora's name has happend i am furious! The armoury! Treasury! RUINED!!!

My old home ruined!

Does greenbriar know about any of this? Whe is the bandits leader? Didn't anyone see this coming? Whats going to be done about this?

By the gods i will singlehandedly tear each hobbit a new hole every bloody damned day until all of those cursed bandits are mounted on pig poles around the keep!!!

This is war!

Gurk
Necral

Post by Necral »

*This note has been ripped down*
Arya

Post by Arya »

As Zehshirr threatened the life of my student as well as councilor of Bane, Robert, inside of the town I expect this to be dealt with accordingly.
However if anyone ever inside or outside town does any harm to any of my students, this will be dealt with without mercy.
~Arya
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Thank you for informing the Guard about such an incident Arya, but do bear in mind that you're putting yourself at risk of breaking the Troll's Bane law yourself if you use vigilante justice by exacting a revenge. Needless to say one should defend the other when being assaulted, however. Robert and I will talk about this, not to mention Zehsirr.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Citizens, guards and friends.

Due to my recently announced condition I will be absent for four of the following dwarven days to come. I'm using that time with mages and druids to find a way to rid myself of the illness. The current Lieutenant William Erundas is officially in charge but I'm still able to do some of my duties via messages. Despite this I'm confident that the guards can function adequately without my shepherding.

I will see you again soon.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Some of you may have witnessed my return from my previously announced absence. As the ending of the current temporary Lieutenant William Erundas's contract draws closer, I'd like to hear from these guards if they still wish to do their job. This can be done via a dove or meeting me, which I'd prefer:
- Joram Senecha
- Richard De Adytum
- Max Cobb
- Saul
- Josephine D'Gemmifus
- "Six"

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The attendance of the new recruit Six has been confirmed. Welcome aboard and thank you for your offered help.

I'm still awaiting messages from the rest of the guards.

S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Dearest citizens and visitors of Troll's Bane alike.

The poet, also known as the puppet master to some, is up to his tricks again. The last time he had captured and held hostage a mute girl, now he's holding two people and is asking me to personally choose the one who lives.

All is done to make sure that no needless harm occurs to either of the captured individuals. I ask that the citizens do not go circling the names on their own or attempt to hunt for the poet. We cannot risk a lethal mistake in this regard.

If you have any clues about the people involved, let myself or the Council know. The poet's message is located on the old prison's door (( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... p?p=657663 )).

ravennight

Post by ravennight »

S'rrt wrote:

II Medium Offences
I. Prostitution
Selling one's body in an explicit manner inside the town walls is against the law and will be dealt with accordingly. Punishments can include a warning or fine in initial cases and a ban or loss of Citizenship in repeated cases.

This is the place for you Uhuru. Now you can play the what you are.
a mattress for everyone. Guys opens his pants, Uhuru has open day, between her legs.

Trolls Bane Guard, Uhuru should be locked away, for the safety of the men from other women.

~unsigned
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

ravennight wrote:

a mattress for everyone. Guys opens his pants, Uhuru has open day, between her legs.

Trolls Bane Guard, Uhuru should be locked away, for the safety of the men from other women.

~unsigned
Under this note, on the same parchment is scrawled a few words,

Dear unsigned, before you go around insulting respected people of Trolls Bane, perhaps you should make enough of a name for yourself so that you may be able to put said name up, instead of being such a coward that you need to hide behind unsigned words. Also, Uhuru is, at the very least, a comprehensible person. From your uneducated-looking note though, it is obvious that you have no talent in either writing, or forming sentences correctly. Please, see a teacher before you try to be clever again.

~Zehshirr~
ravennight

Post by ravennight »

Zehshirr wrote:
ravennight wrote:

~unsigned
Under this note, on the same parchment is scrawled a few words,

Dear unsigned, before you go around insulting respected people of Trolls Bane, perhaps you should make enough of a name for yourself so that you may be able to put said name up, instead of being such a coward that you need to hide behind unsigned words. Also, Uhuru is, at the very least, a comprehensible person. From your uneducated-looking note though, it is obvious that you have no talent in either writing, or forming sentences correctly. Please, see a teacher before you try to be clever again.

~Zehshirr~
I know all her lovers.There is hardly anyone who has not seen her naked. She plays with the feelings of other people.An incorrect sneaky snake.One likes to spread her legs.

by the way, This is prostitution, and therefore not allowed.

- Elanya
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I'm assuming you, the unsigned, are accusing her of selling herself in an explicit manner. Seeing as how she's been out in the public constantly, easily observed by anyone, mostly by her family who I doubt would allow such activities, and in a loyal relationship whilst not having been witnessed to spend time with any other man, it's difficult to take this claim very seriously.

Nevertheless it is the Guard's duty to look into matters like this but knowing the name of the one who writes these accusations would help so that I may get more information, or even evidence, about the matter.

One thing to bear in mind, however, is the fact that in order to break the law she has to sell herself, meaning she has to take money for it. If that condition is not met, then it is a matter which concerns herself only.