The Government of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Oxi

Magistrate

Post by Oxi »

The Council is pleased to introduce Samantha Stoneridge as Magistrate of Troll's Bane.

The new post of Magistrate is an administrative post, approved by the Council to assist with the processing of crimes. It is expected this will expedite the legal process so offendors can be dealt with swiftly and greater steps taken to protect the Citizens and Visitors of Troll's Bane.

The Magistrate has the authority to deal with less serious cases where a trial may not be warranted, issuing penalties in line with the recommended tariffs prevously ratified by the Council.

The Magistrate will also be expected to help prepare for more serious cases to be reviewed by the High Judge; duties will include compiling cases submitted by the Guard and making arrangements for all parties to be present if a trial is required.

We are sure Samantha's meticulous nature and dedication to study will make her an ideal Magistrate and wish her every success in the future.

Oxiana
Kyre
Robert
Zehshirr

Re: The Government of Troll's Bane

Post by Zehshirr »

Concerned citizens (and other dwellers) of Trolls Bane, I would like to bring your attention to a rather disliked, but necessary to deal with problem. The problem of garbage. We have all debated and tried to find a solution to garbage in the past, and recently it seemed to have gone away. Yet alarmingly, the flesh eating flies that it attracted, the whole reason we want it gone, have remained. The reason for this? Well it is quite simple you see..

People have not stopped littering, but rather, have gotten better at hiding their litter. After just a short while of looking around, I have found dirty plates, broken bottles and other mismatched junk hidden behind Borgate's tavern, at the top of the watch towers and under the table in Eliza's store. The folk of the town may not notice the stink of the garbage, or the way it uglies up our town, but the flies some how do.

It is because of this that I implore you, people of Trolls Bane and surrounding lands, be more considerate with your garbage, rather toss it into the sea where the flies can't smell it, and the rotten food can feed the fish, or the swamp, where these nasty critters already make their home.

Following up on that, I feel we Baners might take a small lesson from the dwarves and purchase a barrel specifically for garbage (Known as a trash bin), to be emptied into a set location, far away from any towns, residences or other place where it might cause discomfort.

To end up this request and suggestion, might I remind you all that, while these flesh eating bugs are only minor inconveniences to you, there are at the least, three infants living in or around bane. They do not find the bugs so minor.

Concerned Bane Goer, Zehshirr.
Adronfront

Post by Adronfront »

Council of Troll's Bane,

I do not consider this town my home town anymore. I wish to be stroken from the citizenlist. The key to the house I rented will be returned to a town official as soon as possible.

Anyone trying to reach me may hand a letter to Sylvester. He knows where to find me.

Thank you,
~William Erundas
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment appears on the board suddenly.. it is unclear how it got there.

I resign from the Council. I feel we did a very good job but don't feel I can continue in that capacity anymore.

Kyre

Oxi

Interim Government Announcement

Post by Oxi »

With the sudden resignation of Kyre and apparent disappearance of Robert I am forced to take emergency measures to ensure the safety of Bane and her people.

With the current dwindling and transient populace I fear it would be a dangerous time to hold elections for a full Council.

I therefore propose a transitional Government for a period of three Dwarven months to allow those seeking Citizenship to register their interest and for the people of Bane to make important decisions regarding their future.

During this period I will continue to administer all Town affairs and in the continued absence of my fellow Councillors will seek the guidance of the Magistrate and the two Captains where a vote would typically be required. The High Judge will remain in the unique position of overseeing the legality of proceedings.

In the event of Citizens being dissatisfied with this measure the Interim Government will be stood down on petition by two thirds of current Citizens and regular elections will be called immediately.

In the meantime I ask for the Magistrate and Captains to pledge their support beneath this parchment to see Bane through this difficult time.

Oxi
Samantha Stoneridge

Post by Samantha Stoneridge »

I concur that it is a delicate situation, and will support Councilor Oxiana in this endeavor.

Samantha Stoneridge
Magistrate of Troll's Bane
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Desperate times, desperate measures. You can count on me to help us pull through.

~~ Guard Captain S'rrt K'shire
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I assure you that my quill is not guided by malice towards the council. I have no dissatisfaction with the individuals currently holding titles. That being said, this action is a precedent that can not be set.

A precedent can not be set that allows the acting council to determine when elections are to be held.

A precedent can not be set that allows a single council member to change the charter that governs this town.

A precedent can not be set that requires a majority to dissent, rather than assent.

I am certain that Oxiana's motivations are benign, but these actions open a door for more malignant leadership that can not simply be shut. I urge all citizens, and the judge of Trollsbane, to reject this motion. Not for our present, but to protect the future of Trollsbane.

Orren Padick
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Ta Hellbriar with them all!
I agree, these thugs should not take this town without a fight!
Rise up! Rise Up and slay these that aim ta take ya rights!
Finally ya see. Finally ya understand. This so called government is a sham. Stand up brothers!
To arms! All of ya!

If'n ya need a second, send a bird my way. I'll back ya play.

The last real defender of Trollsbane,
Hew Keenaxe
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Orren,

I am simply trying to give the people of Bane time to decide what they want instead of lurching into another rushed election when the Citizen list does not remotely reflect the faces seen in Town. It is a time for people to decide if they want to commit to governing this Town. As you know yourself, too often this Town has been plagued by absent officials; Citizens need to be sure their new government will be here to work for them.

With respect
Oxi
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

My trust has been, and always will be in Oxiana. He has devoted everything to the town and has never let the citizens down. I stand loyal to my Councilor, no matter how bad times get.

-Captain Leon Demelii

Note: Also Hew, perhaps you shouldn't make threats or claims. I'm sure you haven't forgotten what happened the last time you raised a blade to Bane. It will end the same, no matter how many friends you pay to help you.
Oxi

Government Notice

Post by Oxi »

The Government of Troll’s Bane condemns any act violence against her Citizens or Guests alike. I wish to remind those dwelling within the Town or visiting it that they are expected to respect the laws as publicised on the Town walls at all times. Any infringement of these laws will be reviewed by the Magistrate and where necessary referred to the High Judge.

In future, preachers are encouraged to speak to officials before attracting large gatherings within the Town walls that may incite unrest. This is to allow for provision to be made for the safety of onlookers. If you find such a request unacceptable you are kindly asked to promote your beliefs outside the gates of Bane.

Oxi
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Kyre carefully places a parchment on the board.

Citizens of Trolls Bane, I am not a councilor anymore but would like to propose a change in the law that hopefully will help with some situations I see around the town. This law was in effect ages ago and somehow got shelved... I believe it disappeared with Governor Elijah according some old books I have picked up and read...yet I think it needs to be again added.

A mage teacher should be responsible for their apprentices. This includes fining them or punishing them for the wrong-doing of their apprentices. Typically in the past this has invoked a hefty fine on the teacher. You could add this for any teacher also.

Kyre
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

A new message is posted, the old one torn down.

The elf Valen is no longer a threat. He is no longer capable of carrying weapons or using offensive magic while inside Troll's Bane or its territory.

~Roland Ross
Valen Tiercelion

Post by Valen Tiercelion »

This I do confirm. As a gesture of my goodwill, I have undertaken this step of agreeing to act with the utmost pacifism.

May those who perhaps harbor doubt be assured, I wish only to play music in this town and if possible bring back the days when people had smiles on their faces.
Samantha Stoneridge

I am very interested in the claim that Mister Valen is no longer a threat. I shall look into the situation and review Mister Valen's ban accordingly.

Samantha Stoneridge
Samantha Stoneridge

Master Roland has assured me that Mister Valen is no longer a threat. The ban is hereby lifted. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there are any concerns or issues with him.

Samantha Stoneridge
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

This may be fine fer Trollsbane,but if the elf wanders inte Silverbrand territory and i catch him i will still have his head.

parchement plastered to the board
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

This notice is written in an archaic gothic script

It ha' come te me notice that yer plan te turn ya word house into a pig sty,while i have no problem that yer town would be so darn foolish te do this
on the words o' some nutcase.Wot i do has a trouble wit is the loss o' good books and the shear disrespect te the written treasure ye has in yer word house.
I formally request that if this foolery be true that ye let me buy the books and move them te Silverbrand w'er they will be safe from such maddness.

Ufedhin Copperhand .
Oxi

Official Notice

Post by Oxi »

The Govenment of Troll's Bane has made no decision about use of the library as yet.

If someone devises a plan to acquire these animals and wishes to house them in the library they will be expected to collaborate with the Government to ensure the beasts are properly cared for and no damage arises to property or person.

Oxi
Oxi

Official Notice

Post by Oxi »

Fire has destroyed much of Troll's Bane library and although we think the undead lurking beneath the structure have been dealt with people are asked to remain vigilant.

It is unclear whether this was the Gods expressing their displeasure or criminals. Please report any suspicious activities seen around the time of the fire to the Guard.

The building has been searched and the Guard report there are no known fatalities. Anyone with injuries should present to an official or at the hospital to seek aid.

The building is thought to be unstable with falling masonry and it is considered dangerous to enter. Any unauthorised person found to be entering the building and disregarding this warning will be charged with disobedience.

Citizens and Visitors are asked to contact a Town Official immediately if they see anything unusual or are in need of any assistance.

Oxi
Damien

Post by Damien »

In a somewhat calligraphic handwriting, the following note has been added.

I suppose that tought me to never again build a library in a town that has inhabitants with the liking for dark cults.
The next time, it may be a better idea to call upon the creators, asking to help dealing with such a place.
I shall write that down to remember it for the next centuries.
However, i sincerely hope that steps were taken to save most of the more valuable books, for some have been difficult to aquire.

~Damien
GolfLima

Anzeige // official announcment

Post by GolfLima »

Anzeige gegen die Orkin Tokah Gnar

Heute, am 08.Ronas 38 am Nachmittag hat mich, einen friedlichen Druiden, die ehrlose Orkin Tokah Gnar aufs hinterhältigste in der Schmiede von den Truhen weggestoßen und mich danach mit Waffen tätlich angegriffen und mir fast mein Leben genommen.
Ich möchte dieses Vergehen hiermit anzeigen und bitte die Wache Trolls Bane´s entsprechende Maßnahmen zu ergreifen, das soetwas nicht wieder passieren kann.

~Jerem

(( p.s. sorry for bad translation into new ))

official announcment against orcess Tokah Gnar

Today, 08.Ronas 38 after high noon, the dishonorable orcess Tokah Gnar attacked me, an friendly peaceful druid, at the smithy and knocked me down.

~Jerem
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

The orcess has been spoken to. Jerem, I would like to have a word with you as well.

~~ Captain S'rrt K'shire of Internal Security

P.S Informing about things like these is enough on the Guard board, no use to have it here.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

ATTENTION

A PLAGUE IS SPREADING IN THE TOWN. LOOK FOR COUGHING UP BLOOD AND BLISTERS.

A SHELTER NEEDS TO BE BUILT ON THE PREMISES OF THE TOWN. A CURE NEEDS TO BE FOUND. THE HELP OF ALL BEST DRUIDS, ALCHEMISTS AND MAGES IS NEEDED.

The bodies found at the merchant camp to the east of the town died of the plague. Studying the diary found at the site links to the young man named Charlie and his "Gramps" who are two of the original sufferers of the disease which killed the people at the camp. Charlie and Gramps were shown to a cave on the path to Varshikar where I gave them supplies to hold out until a a cure is found.

If anyone has come in direct contact especially with coughing from the two, they may have contracted the disease and need to stay away from other people.

There is no time to waste. If anyone is already trying to figure out a cure, get together in Troll's Bane to combine your efforts.

Oxiana, a shelter needs to be built. Contact me as soon as possible so that we may make it happen.

Guards, if anyone is clearly suffering from the disease, find a place where they can stay out of contact with people until a shelter is built.

~~ Guard Captain S'rrt K'shire of Internal Security
Oxi

Official Announcement

Post by Oxi »

For the attention of all Citizens and Visitors of Bane

It does indeed seem there is a sickness around and it is reported to have claimed lives outside Bane and in Varshikar already.

I ask you all to be vigilant for any of the following symptoms:
Coughing
Sneezing
Fever
Swellings
Boils
Bleeding

Do not panic if you or your loved ones develop any of these symptoms.
The sick should present themselves at the hospital and contact a Government Official so that they can be given the appropriate aid.
Fellow Citizens and Visitors are asked to be considerate, remember the afflicted as your friends and loved ones whilst keping yourselves protected; vigilante actions will not be tolerated.

I will be working with a few hand-picked individuals to build a camp for the infected in the meadow to the east of town on the road to Varshikar. Here you will be well fed, kept warm and safe, and receive the best care from druids, alchemists and mages that offer their expertise.

I ask that any druids, alchemists and mages prepared to offer such help contact me immediately.

Anyone kind enough to offer donations of food and furs is asked to leave them with either S'rrt or myself.

Oxi
Last edited by Oxi on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oxi

Official Announcement

Post by Oxi »

A camp has been prepared for the sick in the meadow to the east of town. Food, water, warmth and care will be provided to those infected.

Those feeling ill should present directly to the camp after notifying a Town official or if unable they should remain in the hospital until they can be moved.

Again, I appeal for:

Any druids, alchemists and mages prepared to help victims or research a cure.
Any donations of food, furs, and cloth.

Oxi
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I have left vials of pain numbing herb extracts and jars of balm for sanitizing skin and helping against skin problems in the chest at the sick camp. The balm should also ease coughing if inhaled due to its stinging aroma. I will try to restock on them soon enough while trying to find a medicine that could delay the onset of the symptoms.

Oxi

Message of thanks

Post by Oxi »

People have donated generously to feed and care for the sick.

My thanks in particular for the considerable donations made by:

Andreas Penter
Titus Marcelius
Tirrend Skye
Gwathdes Thateme
Fengor Weissenberg

Thank you also to the druids Caynwyn and Fianna for their care of the sick, and Juliette's assistance with researching potions.

Never to be forgotten is the Guard and in particular the tireless work of S'rrt.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I have fixed up a tent as a temporary cover from the rain in the camp.

In the sick camp there are stitched leathers formed into a cover which has been bent over two of the leather stretchers. The other two corners of it have been attached to upright spears which are held up by ropes that are attached to chisels on the ground.