The Government of Troll's Bane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Evie
Developer

Re: The Government of Troll's Bane

Post by Evie »

this I understand, and we have kept up the tradition of keeping the arena open for public use and for public events. My question was on my legal claim and title. I have documents saying its mine, bills of sale, this board even says so. The town took coin for the building and sold it.. yet it still seems they consider it belonging to trollsbane. My question is not of its history and use, mine is of is my piece of paper deeding the sale worthless? I would like a clear official answer on this please, who owns the arena.

Evie
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Again, personal enquiries should ideally be sent direct to a member of the Council but in the interest of reassuring the public, particularly after the confusing report in the Dagbladden, I will respond here.

Evie,

As we discussed some weeks ago, the Arena is recognised as property belonging to yourself and Uhuru. It is, however, a property of designated public interest and was thus sold with the expectation that public access would be retained; it is for this reason the original sale price was just a mere two gold. This arrangement has not been unique to the Arena, the North East Smithy was previously owned under a similar arrangement. If such an arrangement is no longer to be honoured the Council would be duty-bound to protect the interests of the Town and her people as a whole.

As you purchased it privately following another private sale I do not know what you or your predecessor paid for it - only that the Town has only sold it once for the original two gold and with the understanding access would be allowed. For this reason I have previously offered to purchase the property back at original cost on behalf of the Town if you were unhappy with the arrangement, clearly indicating I recognise you as the current owners.

To be honest I am unclear where this concern over your ownership has arisen as only a couple of weeks ago the Council were deliberating plans submitted by yourself to alter the property. We had openly discussed the construction of private quarters whilst maintaining some public access so I fail to see why there can be doubt over the recognition of you and Uhuru as the legal owners by Government of Troll's Bane.

I hope this can put some of your concerns to rest.

Regards,
Oxi
Oxi

Property Auction

Post by Oxi »

The Council of Troll's Bane is pleased to announce the opportunity to buy two properties within the Town walls.

Lot 1 - South Apartment (Town Square)
This extensive apartment over two levels is partially furnished and represents an excellent opportunity for someone to create their own home and work space. There is a pleasant living area as you enter the building, with basic furnishings including a bed, table and chairs. Downstairs in the basement there is the beginnings of an excellent workshop with a tailoring table and private depot for storage.
Starting price: 4 gold

Lot 2 - Middle Apartment (Town Square)
This small apartment will likely be of interest to those owning the adjacent properties, offering an ideal expansion. Others may be interested in this unfurnished appartment as a storage area or small town residence.
Starting price: 1 gold

Viewing of the properties is recommended and any further questions regarding ownership should be directed to myself.

Citizen's of Troll's Bane are invited to submit bids in writing to both Councillor Thwaite ((Robert_Thwaite)) and myself from today or await the public auction that will be held in the Town Square in approximately one Dwarven week. The exact date and time of the auction will be publicised here closer to the time.

Regards,
Oxi
Oxi

Property reminder

Post by Oxi »

The Council wishes to reiterate the following:

Land or buildings may be confiscated under the following conditions:
1) The owner attempted to remove the property from Troll's Bane's jurisdiction.
2) The owner committed a heinous crime or declared war on Troll's Bane.
3) The owner has gone inactive for more than a Dwarven month.
4) The owner voluntarily gives up their right to ownership.

If there has been no improvement in the management of some property within Bane's jurisdiction by the end of Olos the Council will consider removal of ownership rights.

Oxiana
Kyre
Robert
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

As of now, The arena is officially once more open to the public.

~Roland Ross~

A larger piece of parchment is posted below.
Evie wrote:
Orioli wrote:
12- Arena
Owner: Orioli

Regarding the Arena:

The Town of Troll's Bane recognizes Drathe Blue as the official owner of the arena east of town. All laws and regulations of the town apply to this property.

Mr Drathe has paid a sum of 2 gold coins to the town for this right.

The owner of the arena is expected to utilize the property in an active and constructive manner.

Fooser, Governor of Troll's Bane
Drathe, Owner of the Arena

Drathe wrote:Dearest town Gov, I have sold the Arena to Orioli.

~Blue~
Dearest Governor Fooser

I have sold the Arena to Evie and Uhuru.

~Orioli
Dear Oxi,

Today Uhuru and I have sold the Arena to Roland Ross

Sincerely
Evie Pryler
Robert_Thwaite

Re: Property Auction

Post by Robert_Thwaite »

Oxi wrote:The Council of Troll's Bane is pleased to announce the opportunity to buy two properties within the Town walls.

This extensive apartment over two levels is partially furnished and represents an excellent opportunity for someone to create their own home and work space. There is a pleasant living area as you enter the building, with basic furnishings including a bed, table and chairs. Downstairs in the basement there is the beginnings of an excellent workshop with a tailoring table and private depot for storage.

This small apartment will likely be of interest to those owning the adjacent properties, offering an ideal expansion. Others may be interested in this unfurnished appartment as a storage area or small town residence.

Viewing of the properties is recommended and any further questions regarding ownership should be directed to myself.

Citizen's of Troll's Bane are invited to submit bids in writing to both Councillor Thwaite ((Robert_Thwaite)) and myself from today or await the public auction that will be held in the Town Square in approximately one Dwarven week. The exact date and time of the auction will be publicised here closer to the time.

Regards,
Oxi
Hello All,

I would like to remind everybody of the upcoming auction of the two properties located in Trolls Bane.

The auction will take place on 24. Olos 36 in the early hours of the morning ((Approx 4pm on Saturday)).

If you feel you can not make it you are welcome to send me any bids via a messenger prior to the auction.

Kind Regards
Robert
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Robert_Thwaite wrote:
Oxi wrote:The Council of Troll's Bane is pleased to announce the opportunity to buy two properties within the Town walls.

Regards,
Oxi
Hello All,

I would like to remind everybody of the upcoming auction of the two properties located in Trolls Bane.

The auction will take place on 24. Olos 36 in the early hours of the morning ((Approx 4pm on Saturday)).

If you feel you can not make it you are welcome to send me any bids via a messenger prior to the auction.

Kind Regards
Robert

Due to unforeseen circumstances requiring Robert to travel through much of the night, the auction has been postponed until later in the day.
A notice will be posted here and announcement made around the Town shortly before the event.

Regards
Oxi
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

Oxi wrote:
Robert_Thwaite wrote:

Regards,
Oxi
Hello All,

Kind Regards
Robert

Due to unforeseen circumstances requiring Robert to travel through much of the night, the auction has been postponed until later in the day.
A notice will be posted here and announcement made around the Town shortly before the event.

Regards
Oxi

Robert is now rested so the auction will be held shortly in the Town Square.
Oxi

Forthcoming events

Post by Oxi »

Citizens and other interested parties are invited to pose questions to myself and other members of the Government. Notices of forthcoming events will be put up around Town shortly.

Regards,
Oxi
Oxi

A note of thanks

Post by Oxi »

My thanks to all those who helped defend Troll's Bane during Mas.

Particular gratitude to those who stood against the spiders and to those of you who were injured, I wish you a speedy recovery.

With the greatest regard,
Oxi
Oxi

Acting Captain

Post by Oxi »

Leon Demelii has replaced Irania Bel'Arus Beothach as Captain until further notice. The acting Captain will command the Guard temporarily until a permanent replacement becomes available.

Thank you to Irania for her continued loyalty and dedication, but particularly for securing the Town during S'rrt's convalescence.

Oxi
Oxi

Citizen listings

Post by Oxi »

The following Citizens or their representatives are asked notify the Head of Council if they still wish to be included on the Town lists.

Aral Canem
Basil
Bjar
Broin Beltana
Darian Estiel
Iskar
Jake Raven
Jessica Dryadson
Joram Senecha
Margot
Max Cobb
Pontius Fenn
Richard De Adytum
Seregon
Starling
Stethacanthus (Saul)
Zzane

Regards,
Oxi
Oxi

Council Announcement

Post by Oxi »

It is with regret we announce word has been received of the kidnapping of two citizens of Troll's Bane. A demand has been made for thirty gold coins to secure their freedom. The Council, however, must state we will not enter into negotiations or payment of any ransom on behalf of the town of Troll's Bane unless specifically requested to do so by a majority of her citizens. The Treasury belongs to all of the Citizens of Troll's Bane and therefore a collective decision would be needed to authorise use of such a large amount.

We will of course seek to broker their release on a personal level and would welcome donations from individuals or assistance in a manhunt. Please contact myself or Robert immediately if you can offer any aid.

Oxi
Robert
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Who are the victims?

There is no signature
Roscoe Arrowtree

Post by Roscoe Arrowtree »

To the person or persons that have planted an excessive number of trees in the vicinity of Trolls Bane.

Please do not plant future trees in the manner that you have been doing to this date as it is not safe.
I am going to cut down some of the trees so that sunlight may reach them all lest they die, become diseased and affect the trees surrounding it.

If you are looking to help then please feel free to speak to one experienced in such matters and they will guide you.

Thank you for the consideration you have shown for the trees and also the wildlife that depends on the trees and please do not stop trying to help.
All that is being asked is that you show more restraint and learn to understand more about the trees and how they affect and are affected by the environment around them.

Thank You
Roscoe
Oxi

Property rental opportunities

Post by Oxi »

I am pleased to announce the Council has acquired a number of long abandoned properties in and around the Town. These residencies will be rented out to suitable tennants, with preference given to young families and those who have recently or continue to serve the Town.

We hope this will bring new life to the Town, encourage a vibrant, prosperous outlook for us all.

Regards,
Oxi
Oxi

Troll Woods

Post by Oxi »

I am pleased to announce that following a recent meeting with a representative of the inhabitants of Troll Woods, kindly arranged by Merung Harbes, I was able to clarify the following:

As Head of the Council of Troll's Bane I recognise Troll Woods as the home of Trolls. Under my leadership Troll's Bane has never, and nor will it ever, make any claim over the forest to wrest it from those that inhabit it or to cause any harm to it through felling, building or otherwise reproachable use of another's home. Equally we would oppose such abuse of the forest by any other settlement or group. It is my understanding that individuals enter the forest at their own risk and Troll's Bane would never consider any act of retribution against those protecting their own home.

Regards,
Oxi

Endorsed by the Council of Troll's Bane
Kyre
Robert

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Es freut mich, zu verkünden, dass ich dank eines kürzlichen Treffens mit einem Repräsentanten der Bewohner des Trollwaldes - freundlicherweise von Merung Harbes arrangiert - folgendes aufklären konnte:

Als Oberhaupt des Konzils von Troll's Bane erkenne ich den Trollwall als Heimat der Trolle an. Unter meiner Führung hat Troll's Bane nie, noch wird es je, irgendeinen Anspruch über den Wald erheben, in der Absicht, ihn den Bewohner zu entreißen oder ihm durch Holzfällen, Bauen oder der sonstigen unangebrachten Verwendung eines anderen Heimes zu schaden. Gleichermaßen würden wir jeden Mißbrauch des Waldes durch irgendeine andere Siedlung ablehnen. Es ist meine Ansicht, dass Individuen den Wald auf eigene Gefahr betreten und Troll's Bane würde es niemals in Betracht ziehen, gegen jene, die ihr Heim schützen, Vergeltung üben zu wollen.

Grüße,
Oxi

Mit der Unterstützung des Konzils von Troll's Bane
Kyre
Robert
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A small parchment suddenly appears remaining unsigned but the typical red lettering may be noticed by some..

A Kale Drake would like to become a citizen.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Adoption and treehouse

Dear councillors and governers of Trollsbane, i am writing this concerning the Elvern child called Niya. She has long wonderd the streets of Bane with no parents to feed, cloth or shelter her.

I have decided to name myself her Guardian and adopt her as my daughter making her a citizen of Trollsbane. If something should happen to me or i am not around Bryhar Greyeye has agreed to become secondary guardian.

Anythig she does i will be responsible.
Myself and Bryhar will also educate her.

We have built her a treehouse on the southern wall near the back door of Borgate's Tavern where i often sleep.
The tree is now a recognised structure.

If a law has been violated i will foot the costs, the child will only sleep in trees and making a treehouse for her was the only way to ensure her safty, this protection towards Niya is long overdue, the homeless and helpless should not be ignored in a civilized town such as Trollsbane.

Please message me back with an answer to my letter.

Gurk
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

*A small parchment has been added to the Town's board*

It has come to my attention we are in need of a real judge. One that isn't afraid to show a face and actually stay in touch with the Town's issues and such. Our current one has still yet to respond to any of my own doves, so it's safe to say he wants nothing to do with his job, nor does he care about the Town itself. This isn't a complaint, this is a statement. A new judge must be brought in, one that actually cares.

-Leon Demelii
Jude Atelhier

Post by Jude Atelhier »

It's fine if you want to vote in a new Judge. Let me just say that the idea of the judge you folks seem to have here is really askew. The judge isn't a council member so he doesn't decide the rules. The judge isn't a guard so he doesn't catch the criminals and bring them to trial. The judge isn't a one of the gods or a king so he doesn't hand out punishments based on reports he gets for people he hasn't met or heard testimony from.

I recall the past Judge who spent more time swinging his sword and handing down punishments at the drop of a hat. When a took the job from the council a told him plain as day that I'm not going to be that sort. If you don't have the criminal arraigned and ready to be judged then there isn't a need for a judge to be present. I've gotten plenty of reports but not a one has ever been calling me to preside over a trial. Its the guards job to take those reports, then bring the criminal's and witnesses before the judge so he can well...judge.

There be in where we have the problem, ya can accuse meh of not caring but simple fact is if you're coming ta meh with only a report and expecting meh to just decide whose right and wrong just like that then it's not meh whose cutting corners. Once ya have yer criminals in custody we can work form there, ya shouldn't expect other folks to step beyond their job ta pick up the slack.

Felix Atelhier
Valen Tiercelion

Post by Valen Tiercelion »

What about having representatives who could act as a liaison between the judge, guards, and subject? That could smoothen things because oftentimes the subject doesn't understand the laws. The subject then describes a lot of details that are not relevant to his case, which just confuses the issue and slows the process down. Someone in the know would provide a modicum of trust for the judge, and would also be able to work with the guard to ensure situations were handled in a timely manner.
Robert_Thwaite

Post by Robert_Thwaite »

If you or anybody you know appears to have any problems with understanding the laws of the town ((http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 13#p658313)) then i am willing to take the time to explain them in more depth.

Contact me via your preferred choice of messenger or seek me out in town

Kind Regards,

Robert Thwaite
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

There is no prohibition on an individual arranging representation by another to aid their understanding of any legal situation.

Liason between the Town Guard and Judge, however, is another matter and I suggest they sit down and discuss how they wish to ensure good communication regarding cases in the future. I or one of the other Councillors will gladly attend if required and if I need to reiterate the Council's expectations let me know.

Regards,
Oxi
Robert_Thwaite

Post by Robert_Thwaite »

It has come to my attention that there have been people that have been intentionally taking transformation potions whilst in town with the purpose of spreading fear and confusion amongst the residents and guests.

To these people i would like to highlight the fact that it is against the law as you are creating a disturbance with your actions.

Also whilst under the effects of these potions you are NOT immune from laws prohibiting violence, threats, resisting arrest, disobedience and any other laws that are enforced within the town walls.

I would also like to make it very clear that should you become a victim of violence and even possibly sent to the cross due to your own choice to take a potion for the reasons above then the law is not there to assist you.

Demons and wild beasts are not protected by the laws of the town and neither are those that choose to take their form for the purpose of scaring others.

Robert Thwaite
Kale Drake

Post by Kale Drake »

I Kale Drake am sick and fed up with Velisai disturbing me while i work...i was fishing and she throws cherries at me and interupts my work when i ask her to leave me be....later on im in the smithy doing business as usual working on my blacksmithing and her and another female walk in armed with logs and surrounds me...im sick of it she keeps persuing me and keeping me from getting my work done as i usually would so in fact shes disturbing the peace, if nothing else would someone tell her to plain leave me alone i want nothing to do with her or her friends.

Kale Drake
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

So I am to assume that you were battered by cherries? Very scary! I can help ya with this problem, 85 silver an she will never throw fruit at ya again. Deal? Or ya can just man up an take a shot or two back. Your choice.
Oxi

Recommended Tariffs

Post by Oxi »

The Council has voted to ratify the following article.

Oxiana
Kyre
Robert

In order to expedite the legal process and to help ensure fair application of penalties the Council has issued recommended minimum and maximum tariffs for minor and medium offences.

This system will enable greater punishment of repeat offenders and also consideration of any mitigating circumstances.

It must be remembered though, these tariffs are only recommendations, and where agreed under special circumstances more appropriate punishment may be issued.

Due to the serious and often complex nature of more serious crimes, the Council will not recommend specific tariffs but as always is available if discussion is warranted.

I. Minor Offences

A. Theft
Min. Time in the pillory +/- resource collection or fine
Max. Resource collection or fine + labour contract +/- temporary ban

B. Break in and Trespass

C. Disturbance
Min. Time in the pillory
Max. Resource collection or fine +/- temporary ban

D. Assault
Min. Resource collection or fine +/- temporary ban

E. Defamation of Character
Max. Temporary ban + resource collection or fine

F. Conspiracy to Commit a Crime
Max. Resource collection or fine +/- temporary ban

G. Prostitution and Lewd Behaviour
Max. Temporary ban + resource collection or fine

H. Threat and Duress
Min. Resource collection or fine +/- time in the pillory

I. Claiming False Status to Authorities
Min. Time in the pillory

II Medium Offences

A. Endangering the Public
Max. Resource collection or fine + labour contract + temporary ban + removal of citizenship

B. Obstruction of Justice
Max. Resource collection or fine + labour contract + temporary ban + removal of citizenship

C. Resisting Arrest

D. Disobedience
Min. Resource collection or fine +/- time in the pillory

E. Robbery
Max. Resource collection or fine + labour contract + temporary ban

F. Kidnapping
Min. Resource collection or fine + temporary ban

G. Attempted Murder
Min. Resource collection or fine + temporary ban

H. Criminal Damage
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Dearest Council of Troll's Bane

I, S'rrt K'shire, have returned from my journey to my people. I received stability and understanding, something which I lacked most in my previous service.

This is my application for becoming a/the Captain of the Troll's Bane Town Guard. I know what changes I'm going to expect so I won't be afraid to take upon the job again.

~~ S'rrt K'shire
Oxi

Troll's Bane Guard

Post by Oxi »

The Council are pleased to welcome back an old friend and colleague. S'rrt and I have been in correspondance throughout his journey and since he returned to Gobaith so I bear witness to his recovery and greater learning. I am glad he now feels ready to offer his services once more to the Town and her people.

With the return of S'rrt and the continued dedication of Leon, the Council would perhaps be expected to make a difficult choice between these two experienced Captains. We however, feel this would be foolish. No guard with such extensive experience would likely be content serving under another and I refuse to insult either by asking them to do so, or to risk losing the Town a guardian of such experience. In these exceptional circumstances therefore, a division of the role of Captain of the Guard has been proposed and ratified by the Council. Whilst we are blessed with two able Captains we will make use of them, although this should not be taken as a precedence for future arrangements.

The Council hereby announces S'rrt K'shire as Captain of Internal Security and Leon Demelii as Captain of Military Defence.

The Captain of Internal Security will be responsible for:
Overseeing Town patrols
Judicial liaison and keeper of criminal proceedings ledger
Training of new recruits

The Captain of Military Defence will be responsible for:
Defence of the Commonwealth
Security of the Town walls
Training of qualified guards in military manoeuvres

Both Captains will be expected to continue to contribute to all roles where required but are assigned distinct responsibilities according to their skills.
Agreement of both Captains will be required for the admittance of any new recruits and subsequent promotion to Guard.
Council approval will continue to be required for the promotion of any Guard to an officer role.

Gentlemen, we wish you every success in your future roles.

Oxiana
Kyre
Robert