A Bun in the Oven

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

TiaSarah

A Bun in the Oven

Post by TiaSarah »

Era hums softly as she pulls the cookies from the oven and sets them out to cool. Rubbing her swollen stomach with one hand as she murmurs to herself.

Your Da will love coming home to freshly baked cookies little one. And I’m sure you’re eager for a taste too.

Chuckling softly, Era slides the cookies from the peel onto a plate, using another as a lid, and wrapping it in cloth before slipping it into her bag. As she starts to gather the rest of her supplies, she pauses, looking down with a small, confused frown. Her eyes widen with realization as she takes in the small puddle at her feet.

Oh…. Oh Gods!
TiaSarah

Re: A Bun in the Oven

Post by TiaSarah »

Era takes a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment.

Stay calm Eraisuithiel… You can handle this.

Opening her eyes again, she finds Morgan and Eliza staring at her curiously. She offers them both an awkward smile as Eliza hisses softly.

Isssss everything alright Eraisssssuithiel?

Yes, Yes. I… I just think I’m going into labor… Morgan? Do you think you could find Fred for me? He was heading to the Southern Forest, he shouldn’t be hard to find, just yell for him. Tell him I’ll be at the hospital please.

Era smiles gratefully at him as he dashes off, turning back to Eliza.

I don’t suppose you know anything about birthing babies?

Eliza hisses again, almost sounding like a laugh.

Hatchlingsssss are very different for ussss I think. Let ussss get you to the hosssspital. Tony will know what to do.

Eliza takes her bag and offers an arm for support as they walk slowly towards the hospital.
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

Era smiles with relief as Fredric bursts through the door of the hospital. She nods her thanks to Eliza as the lizardess moves from the chair by her bed. Taking Fred’s hand as he settles in the chair, she chuckles tiredly.

Thank the Gods… I’ve been telling this baby it has to wait for it’s Da, but it seems to be just as impatient and stubborn as you.

Her grin turns to a grimace as another contraction starts. She squeezes Fred’s hand tightly as she tries to breathe her way through it.

Several hours, and a lot of work, later a baby’s cry can be heard ringing out in Bane. Era smiles tearfully as she cradles the child against her. She looks up at Fredric as he gently brushes a damp lock of hair from her face.

Well darling, time for you to name your son…
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

The large man holds her hand gently in his, though the hand has clearly lost color after more than a few hours of being squeezed. His dark blue eyes look to the child held in her arms with a sense of awe and pride. He lays his paw of a hand on the child's head ever so gently and whispers.

Liam....'is name is Liam.

After removing his hand from the child's forehead he removes a dagger from his belt and pricks his thumb, allowing only a single drop to fall on the top of the babies head, apparently an unconscious act of tradition. With a reassuring smile to Era, he looks back to the child and whispers something in his native tongue. After which, he leans over Era, giving her a small kiss on her lips.

'ave i told ye tha i love ye?

The two look into each others eyes, the joy of another life clearly written across their faces.