* Some odd pieces of parchment here and there *

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Po Will

Re: * Some odd pieces of parchment here and there *

Post by Po Will »

As stated, why care if you help spawn a little Nalzaxx Nerenghast, you're only simply being ‘neutral’! It's not your fault; you're simply being fair and balanced. What a load of apple-coated tosh. If you are welcoming irrational or malicious opinions, and thus treat them as you would a rational figure, there is something seriously wrong with how you're running the school. Like you wrote yourself, Athian. Some view magic as a weapon, why the Hellbriar would you open that up to irrational, or those inclined to have malicious thoughts and intents? You may claim a neutral stance, but there's some things in life you cannot, and should not open to one and all. Hellbriar, for one who claims to be teaching a 'lesson', you've come off as a petty child who knows neither wrong nor right. That is deeply, deeply worrying.

Ahh, examples?
How about whence one Sasha tried to rob me over a simple map? Of course, that's a personal example and I'd exclude it.

Or the time one Falk felt inclined to fire off illusions at people who knew neither the difference, then tried to have said persons arrested for getting emotional and scared? I don't know what you would call that, Athian. But for me, malicious would be the word that fits just right.

Or how about the time one Brian felt justified in attacking me upon seeing me helping others train. Does that sound irrational, and a perfect example for why some shouldn't be taught? Oh no, not by your logic. Free 'weapons' for all, and don't tell anyone where you got them, they might even hold us responsible for helping and arming lunatics!

Opinion or not. I'm not the one hiding behind a mask. I'm not the one who claims no responsibility when one of your nutter student's and school folk pull a quick one, thanks to the powers you bestow without check. No, that solely lies with you, and any who claim responsibility in that place. Learn to accept that responsibility, or you're simply a fool running around in a mask of wisdom. Oh how it falls away even as we bark.

If the rest of your ramble of thinly veiled nonsense wasn't worrying enough. You talk as if you were not an emotional being. You mention your theory for why Djironnyma speaks his mind, though what theory shall I conclude for why you act without emotion? Is it because daddy never loved you? Or simply because mummy never hugged you?

As for the remark in regards to ladies problems. My dear Athian, what you're doing there is called Psychological projection. I'm sure by projecting your own lady problems onto others helps you in some minor way, but I implore you, seek help and rid yourself of that very problem. By all means, if you weren't talking so much shite half the time, those problems might altogether vanish!

With the 'deepest' respect,
and in Elara's name,
~Tiyron Trill Talltalker Littlethorn~

Athian

Post by Athian »

You are correct, there is all the potential that another Nalzaxx might pop up in history with or without the academy. Nalzaxx was a small fish compared to some of the things that have come to our lands. Even still I don't find that to be all that threatening nor all that bad, for the perpetuation of magic and the arcane arts themselves, good and evil are not requirements, merely adornments. Both sides of the spectrum and everything in-between contributes to the growth of magic, much in the same way that conflict between to opposing sides promotes the growth in individuals and peoples. I'm not asking anyone to 'like' how the academy works, they don't have to use it if they don't like it. The primary goal is the growth of the magical arts not anyone particular morals or codex. I Leave those teachings for each teacher to pass down to there students. The Academy itself will remain a neutral body, end of story. If the teachers choose to come together and set a standard for instruction and choose to promote that standard it is not in my interest to stand against that, if they however try to use that standard as a method or reason for exclusion then I will always throw it down. My personal self is not neutral but I have enough self control to separate my personal feelings from the academies running. For the longest time so many instructors hated not having and voice in their academy, now they have more potential to affect the academy then ever and hardly anyone makes use of it.

I noticed also you no longer claim that the academy is not neutral, which means you at least learned your lesson about speaking things which you knew nothing about. Now you simply want to throw down neutrality as a methodically, strange though, you were all for neutrality and speaking of druids when you thought the definition matched your thinking...

To dumb it down for you:

You were talking all that good shite a minute ago, then I blew your argument out from under you and now you beh stumblin.

Having a good time
Athian

P.S.

Forgot my insult

Is that red dye you used in the word shite, or did you use blood? you know, from the syphilis...You have syphilis...
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Any progress, which comes from innocents suffering, is progress tainted with shame and despicable means. There mere fact that you nod to such practices is highly worrying. Again, you hide from responability, do the island a favor and grow up.

To dumb it down for you, Athian.
When someone purposes that you seek one - Druid - out, to have your head pulled out of your ass thanks to a druid lubricant, that is neither using them for the philosophical traits, nor using them in any extent other than advising you on how to rid yourself from all that Scheiße that seems to be festering in your head. How you thought me using them in example, was me nodding at neutrality is beyond me. Come dear fool. Explain that one. Where you being neutral once more, and giving each possible path a walk?

PS:
I still recommend finding that help, Athian Again projecting your filthy problems onto others is not healthy!

In Adron's drunken stupor - much like Athian's logic -,
~Tiyron Trill Talltalking Littlethorn~
Athian

Post by Athian »

Any progress, which comes from innocents suffering, is progress tainted with shame and despicable means Is an opinion i do not share with you. The mere fact that i nod at such practices, is because they are in the ended needed as much as any other. I don't hide from responsibility at all, but it doesn't mean i have to do a thing about it either. The current system has its place in the world as all things do, it's not a place you have to like or go to but it does serve a greater purpose in its end value. Rather then go into a long philosophical debate yet again, I'm calling shenanigan's on this whole thing and bowing out. it was fun though, acting all stuffy and wise all the time does get old, nice to mix it up and act like a petty child ever so often.

Faring you well
Athian Corulas

P.S.

Whats really not healthy is the syphilis...which you have...I think the druids make a cream for that...
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

It's honestly talking to a chid:
" But why can't I beat up Jim-ma-Hickles dad? Imagine the progress I'll make in my knowledge in regards to beating up people for their money!"
Honestly, this is what we're talking about? Seriously?

Oh, and no worries Athian. You didn't come across wise, perhaps a bit stupid, but on the whole, never wise.

PS:
You just admitted to being the holder of cream for syphilis. Do you collect that stuff - which is just strange -, or was my projecting theory spot on?
Either way, you just kicked yourself in the onions for me.
Cheers!

Laughing my ass off,
~Tiyron Trill Talltalking Littlethorn~

Morbius

Post by Morbius »

This argument has stretched far beyond its point of usefulness. Assuming there even was one, or perhaps you two just blew anything of significance out of the water with your egotistical bombardment. For the sake of my eyes, and others, pleasure save your ink and shut up. Or if you truly cannot resist the urge to inflate your pride further, by Nargun’s right arm, write each other a bloody dove. If I wanted to read about children arguing who is more diseased, I would sit in on one of the academy’s necromancy class’s.

If you truly find yourself that unsatisfied with the way the academy work, apply for a lecturing or even instructing position so you can have your say like any other. Just please, please! Stop smearing useless words all over these walls. Be civil, and lead by example.

~Master Stefan Elvaris~
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

* Steps up and reads the board again *

Finally, more words of wisdom. Master Stefan is the only one making any sense.

Athian, there is a huge difference between having confidence and being a pompous pain in the patootie. And you sir, are looking out for yourself and not for what is best for the academy. You sound like nothing but an arrogant fool. This is just my opinion, but we could take a poll if you would prefer a broader opion base.

~Uhuru~
Athian

Post by Athian »

We're already done playing here, no one cares anymore.

Athian
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

When mages discover the ability to summon gold coins, all their transgressions will be forgiven.

F