* Some odd pieces of parchment here and there *

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Po Will

* Some odd pieces of parchment here and there *

Post by Po Will »

One may notice throughout the towns and places of gathering, some pieces of parchment have appeared, nailed to the wall and left hanging. Upon the parchment, elegant writing is scribbled down, suggesting that whoever wrote this piece, was at least educated.
Let's not get started on the 'mages' of this island. For those who claim wisdom, you're -for the most part - a bunch of cuifs, not even worth a thought when one asks who represents wisdom. You may speak the ancient tongue, the tongue of the gods, but by gods you abuse that right by being so utterly, and completely stupid. We of course, cannot blame the students. If one wishes to learn, by all means ask. But honest to Eldan, what do you 'teachers' have to say for yourselves? I'm in no way an elitist whence it comes to magic. But it isn't elitist to expect a mage, not to be a complete and utter fool, one so much as to rival the stupidest of Orc's this island's ever seen! Sure, one can say the power corrupts, but honest to Elara, power may corrupt, but it doesn't make one stupid. With all that said and done, I could speak on the ego's that follow. But alas, I'd rant for the rest of my little life.

But as it were,
actually I don't know wherever I was heading with this rant, but gods does it feel nice to have it out in the open. So here's a list, of what I'm not too sure, but hey Jim's-me-bob!

Whisper, for one who calls himself Whisper, he sure can speak a lot. Take note, he's the whore of the island whence it comes to runes. Want free runes? He's your man, or is he? I'm sure he's a eunuch after all his blood magic nonsense. Give a little to gain a lot, or in his case, a couple millimeters to go.

Brian, where to start? Gods, I've heard that this moron gained the rune to teach - I wonder who helped him there, Whisper. -. Can anyone actually imagine Brian teaching? I get a headache just from the thought, so! Expect a lot of free runes after he has you killing a gazillion pigs. Who said you needed to talk whenever you teach, right? Probably a good thing, he sounds like a head damaged little monkey most of the time. Shame really, but who was it who taught him in the first place? Whisper, you ol' dog you!

Sky, your typical Elf. Well, sort of. When I see, or think of Elves, I think of pompous, egotistical giants, who at least have some clue as to what they're talking about. This one however, is a complete - and I mean complete in every sense you can apply the word - useless, pathetic tool, who has little to offer in the realms of wisdom, and everything to offer in the likes of stupid. Be warned, I've heard he's also been given the teaching rune- Whisper's giving a lot of tricks, huh? -.

So again, some might call it elitist to limit magic to those who can get out a proper sentence without having help, but I'd call it a basic requirement. Ahh, rant over, enjoy.
Juliana D'cheyne

Re: * Some odd pieces of parchment here and there *

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Wearing a cloak with the hood raised covering almost half her face yet a few pale blond strands of hair fly in the light breeze, a woman reads the parchment and grins. Green eyes with just a hint of humor survey her surroundings as she speaks to herself.

More believable if the writer signed his name.

Later that same day there is a sudden swoosh of air then a loud ping before another parchment is added with a long arrow pinning it just underneath the original in this one place of gathering.

Mercenary for hire.
J
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

* a lengthy note is tacked under each parchment*

I am not a whore.

I taught Brain nothing but the runes his teacher asked me to teach him. I am a finishing teacher in addition teaching Theory and Rune Lore this means if a teacher is unable to teach their student a rune, or eight as the case sometimes is. They send them to me after sending me a dove or speaking to me in person and I teach them the runes required.

I only teach my own students 'lessons'. Of which I have 2. Gurk and Ssaron. You will notice neither of them are master mages yet. I wonder why that is? Possibly because I don't, as you say, hand out runes. Though when a teacher wishes it I do give them where the student stands at times. That is MY sacrifice to make.

I did however as a finishing teacher Finish up the runes that Brian needed to be a useful mage. Brian has Bhona because I felt, feel, and it was agreed on, that he IS capable of actually TEACHING. If you had any brains in your skull you'd notice that he only just got Bhona.

As for Sky.. well Sky is Sky. He went through the same ordeals of learning and testing that I put Brian through and he passed. As did Orioli they all took my exam of magical etiquette, knowledge, and theory and they all did very well though some had to take the exam more than once. Take your guesses folks?

The only reason I know of that Sky is not listed as a teacher is because he acted irresponsibly and taught my student Gurk runes Without my being present. As such he is not permitted to teach runes at present. This has nothing to do with his ability, or lack as you seem to think, to Teach. Now then to the other matter.

I was NAMED Whisper I didn't choose it for myself it simply stuck and I prefer it to the name I was given before that. I could point out the flaws of the poster but as I am sure we all know he or she is perfect and with out any faults.

Now that we've all gotten some mud slinging out of our veins how about we just accept the Brian IS a teacher, HAS a student.

Whisper
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

You forgot Orioli. Brainless and incapable yet was given the rune
BHONA as easily as she herself sleeps with anyone.
~this parchment is, of course, cowardly unsigned
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

We have indeed on Gobaith the problem that their are many teachers around with a lack of experince in teaching and witch have not all need knowledge to teach well. That does not only concerning the names written down here. But it his hard to say whos fault that was - maybe their own for their lack of interest, maybe their teachers for not teach them right, maybe the Academy is guilty for not supervising the teaching, maybe its my fault because i left the Academy as leader? We could waste endless ink and paper to discuse about this question and insulting each other, but it wouldnt help anyone - not the teacher, not he stundents and even less the image of mages and magic.

To improve the situation i have two offers for any new and old teacher which is willing to gain some more experience.

• First i offer you my personal assistance in the whoule teaching process. Not only concernign knowledge like arcane Theorie, Rune lore, Planes lore, Ritual Magic of all Schools and Magic philosophy - i may assist you also by problem with your students (Lack of interest e.G.). Just wrote me a letter with your Questions or even better meet me in person.

Secound i would bring up the proposal for arcan congresses. Meetings of teachers to share knowledge and discuse interesting Questions concerning arcan knowledege and theorie. I would host such a congress with pleasure and would enjoy to give one or two lectures. If their is enough interest we could make the first congress this summer.

Kindly,
~Djironnyma
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A parchment suddenly appears below all the rest with eloquent blood red writing.

Djironnyma,

The mark of a good mage, effective teacher, and also a strong witch is they never stop learning. Be it personal assistance, arcane congress, or attending one of your lectures, I and my student are interested.

Kyre

Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I would be interested in such a meeting of teachers. My students and I shall all attend.

~Roland Ross
Athian

Post by Athian »

It's time this foolishness stopped. I will tell you all this, the simple rune BHONA is not a prize, it is not a badge of honor, it is not a measure of ones morals and choices in life and it is not and was not ever created so that one mage can stand in judgement of another worth. If a teacher has decided his or her student is ready to have this rune then there judgement is final. So many speak of others who don't deserve the right to teach and yet they show the teaching rune as much actual respect as any ornament or trinket placed atop a crown. How someone chooses to conduct themselves afterword will measure the worth of there students but that again is business between a student and teacher. The ones who are really egotistical and pompous are those who think that they have the right to use a single rune like a character weapon against someone whose methods or ways they don't like. I can only hope that such people will eventually cool their heads their jealousy and leave there parchments and quills for the writing of something with actual worth.

Athian Corulas
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Athian wrote:It's time this foolishness stopped. I will tell you all this, the simple rune BHONA is not a prize, it is not a badge of honor, it is not a measure of ones morals and choices in life and it is not and was not ever created so that one mage can stand in judgement of another worth. If a teacher has decided his or her student is ready to have this rune then there judgement is final. So many speak of others who don't deserve the right to teach and yet they show the teaching rune as much actual respect as any ornament or trinket placed atop a crown. How someone chooses to conduct themselves afterword will measure the worth of there students but that again is business between a student and teacher. The ones who are really egotistical and pompous are those who think that they have the right to use a single rune like a character weapon against someone whose methods or ways they don't like. I can only hope that such people will eventually cool their heads their jealousy and leave there parchments and quills for the writing of something with actual worth.

Athian Corulas
-Signed-
Rexus Orius

Post by Rexus Orius »

Mr Corulas,

It becomes a seperate matter from teacher and student, when said student is no longer in their education and in return effects the well-being of people on this fair isle. I for one do not care for those who use their status symbols to feel significant, or, as a weapon as you so stated. But rather care when those who cannot conduct themselves appropriately use their actual abilities in the magical field as a weapon.

~Bloke
Athian

Post by Athian »

mister Bloke, what a magician chooses to do with his or her magic is no different from what any warrior trained chooses to use his or her blade to do. You simply look to others to discipline those who you do not have the strength to enforce your laws upon. When a mage like any other man or woman does wrong they should rightly be punished by the same laws that everyone else is under. Magic is a weapon, as it is also a tool,and those who tell you otherwise are simply blowing smoke. Like any sword or potion its a matter of how it is used. There is NO divine law or codex that says every user of magic must be kind or friendly or gentle nor cruel, hostile or violent. Therefore what is appropriate is based upon the law of the region, city or area and it is the protectors of those lands who are responsible for keeping order. If the protectors cannot enforce order in there own lands then they have failed at there task, that is no fault of a teacher. Of course to seek help from others is always an option but it is still no excuse for any sovereign land to be completely reliant on organizations like the academy to control disorder for them.

Regardless of this fact it has nothing to do with the teaching rune. I become tired of hearing "He or she is too violent." or "she or he does not respect magic the way I think is proper" strip them of there teaching rune. that does absolutely nothing to solve any behavioral problem to begin with, it is not the teaching rune that blows down walls or slays people, but it is the teaching rune that is targeted as a way to teaching someone you disagree with or do not like a lesson. Yet even if you did strip them of their ability to teach it would not stop there capacity for violence should they choose to continue to make it. People simply target the teaching rune because of it's status as a symbol of what makes a magician worthy. this shows that they have no desire to fix problems, only the desire to inflict one another with the pain of loss.

Athian Corulas
Silentscream

Post by Silentscream »

A couple of scrap parchments are placed under those existing.

Hardly. Strip the hostile and violent ones of their teaching rune so that they may not pass on their insanity to other like minded fools. That is the purpose of the teaching rune, is it not, to pass on ones knowledge to a student? So if the teacher is violent, pompous, egotistical and immoral, is not not fair to say that those they train will be picked of the same stock?

There is no accountability within the magicked hierarchy. You give out the teaching rune, and wash your hands of all responsibility for what you create. Yes, comparisons between warriors and magicks can be made, BUT warriors can be met by other warriors in battle. The physical strengths and prowess in battle have checks to balance the sole power of any one person. The magicks do NOT have the same. Give me a recent occasion where responsibility for rogue magicks (trained by the academy, or an academy teacher) was taken up at all? In my time on the island i have seen perhaps one, perhaps two magicks actually pit their powers against each other for a moral or responsible reason. When a rogue warrior shows, at least 3 opposing warriors shall rise to challenge him, interesting that. I actually heard from a magick that battle among their ranks was near forbidden, well because no one wants a magicked war.

At this time more and more magicks are cropping up in the land, so much so that i have lost track of all their names. At one point in time i could count the number of magicks on one hand, now, i would be hard put to do it on both hands and feet. The outrage at giving away the Bhona rune should not only be that it is being given out willy-nillly (which to my mind it is) but also to the fact that after it is given out, responsibility disintegrates.

Be content residents of Gobaith. For though foul magicks may be able to continue their craft and pass it down to those of like mind. Should they get out of hand, another magick will always rise to help us lowly peasants! .....In an alternate land maybe.

Your humble noble,
Eldor Fundiun.
Athian

Post by Athian »

No the purpose of the teaching runes it to pass runes, passing knowledge is the purpose of teaching itself, one does not always require the other. There is no mage hierarchy either. all else i hear from you are cries about your own weakness, if you cannot protect yourselves from threats then sign your cities over to powerful mage's so that they may protect you from there own kind otherwise stop making excuses. weaklings cry about being weak, this never changes...

Athian
Silentscream

Post by Silentscream »

Im sorry, you completely blew past anything about responsibility which, of course makes sense, your a magicked. I never said that the lands needed help from "all powerful magicks", so far they have done well enough fending off your kind, archmagicked. But to hold to truth, you are merely annoying, and have not wreaked havoc in some time, so the whole purpose of my parchment was not the the baseless attack of a single magicked, but rather to show that you create monsters and walk away. You have no hierarchy ARCHMAGICKED? Really? I really hope your magick is better than your words.

Be warned my fellow dwellers of this land. That soon, you shall be up to your neck in magicks, stock up on exploding potions and throwing stars boys and girls, for you will need them.

Your humble Noble,
Eldor Fundiun.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Correct there are no archmages in our academy, that's just a useless title. There are teachers and students, simple as that. Again, though its your fear of magic that has you blustering. every man or woman however is accountable for there own actions. Even a person raised well and with much love might turn out to be a monster, that is simply how all we mortal being are, capable of great violence and great care depending on the person we are, not even a teacher can over sheer a student natural disposition. So of course some bad will come with some good. You are correct though best to be able to defend yourselves, stock up on your items, make your plans and have your arms at the ready, not just for mages but for any situation.

Athian
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

So alas! If you help create, or in-power a monster, do not move to destroy said monsters, because he might say thank you, before roasting you like the fool you are? There is no accountability within the magic community, there are cliches and circles to kiss ass, but no accountability.

As for the idea that those who're taught, be at least considered 'smart' and morally stable. What's wrong with that? What on Illarion has this to do with jealousy? Is it jealousy to want the island safe from fools who cannot, or will not think before they act? Is it jealousy that makes one worry for the safeity of their friends, because 'teachers' help create worse monsters than before? If that's your definion of jealousy, I reckon you're reading from Nargun's book, you crazy bastard.

In Elara's name,
~Tiyron Trill Talltalker Littlethorn~
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Do with Magic, with the powerful gift you have, as you like - spare it with anyone who asks. There is no reason to teach knowledge about the Magic and our World, just teach the runes. There is no reason why we should watch careful these which we lead to such a power. It’s just magic, nothing but the potential to change the world itself, to create areas of pure death, to sink islands into the sea and let the dead march. It’s nothing but the power to open portals to the demonic planes and trade the own soul against a bag of gold.
If a student of me destroys himself or other it is not my problem. I just gave him the weapon, if he doesn’t know how to use – it’s not my problem.
That’s the opinion of the head of the magic academy. - For me that sound like the opinion of a Warlock who never gets really educated about what magic are, what potential it has and what danger it brings. Sadly that’s the same.

You need to step into responsibility for the Academy Athian Corules, you are no longer the lonely adventurer which have to care for nothing but himself.
Indeed can we not totally avoid that there will be teachers which give their runes anyone which just ask kindly enough. But we can create a choice. The choice for any teacher, including me and you, to improve himself and his way of teaching, to get more knowledge what he can teach his students. We can assist and we can supervise or we can hide before our responsibility. Yes it means hard work to change something, it means lots of time to read books, to write books, to make lectures and congresses.

I hope you wake up.

For all others i can tell you that i had just today send my latest book to a translator as soon as the Translations are done i will send any Teacher a copy which ist interested. Furthermore i will host a first arcan congress in the beinning of Eldas. More Informations will followe soon.

~Djironnyma
Athian

Post by Athian »

I am wide awake Djironnyma , more so then you who like many others have spent all there time barring those whom do not meet your harsh requirements from being able to learn the arcane arts. For you the initiation is joining your guild, hating Moshran, Nargun and any other flavor of them month villain that you can come up with to fill your constant need to have the appearance of justice. I do not require these things however, i have learned over many years that men who claim justice can be rotten to the core, that men who swear to strong ideals and morals can do more damage then even the greatest of enemies. you yourself have proven this fact with many of your actions in the past. I don't claim to be justice incarnate as you do nor to a claim to be the source of all evil, I am in fact Athian, a man of many sides and many goals. In your world someone like myself probably would never get ahead, my dreams and goals which may not match your thinking would forever be stifled. Your world is in effect something i do not believe in.

Your statements about me are in fact vastly incorrect and hardly even associated with me, so much so that it's like you speak about a different person. What i believe is that each and every lesson be they short or long, light or dark is important for the development of the magical arts. I believe that a teacher should be allowed to bring there own way of teaching into the future and that students should be allowed to be who and what they are. The academies aim is not to stifle anyone or force them into a particular mold but at the same time we do not offer any protection for those who seek to do ill, we are not the army of Mages who will leap to the defense of one who does wrong in the home of another man as your bearers did when you allowed Nalc to terrorize bane. We will not invade a land upon the bounds that they consort with any of our personal enemies. We will not become a military might nor use propaganda to further a cause that oppresses an entire people. We do not occupy lands not our own in claims that we know better then those who live in them. We do not seek to make a straight line of magic as unbending and fragile as glass. What the Academy and it's teachers are is a tool that will bring magic into the future. your idea of the proper way to use magic has always been the impure retrospective of doing things that benefit yourself and your personal causes, yet you are the one who stands in judgement of others?

You sir are full of shite.

MAGIC Djironnyma, is not the particular breed of magician you feel has the right to exist over another. it is an ever changing and ever expanding field which does not need your heavy handed self satisfying ways to continue, yet i will not make any attempt to stop you from teaching the way you choose to teach nor will i judge you for your methods. That is the same sentiment I extend to all our teachers. Students are held accountable by their TEACHER and by the laws of the land in which they live. Teachers are likewise held accountable by the laws of the land in which they live. Never once have i said a person shall go without punishment, what i said was that punishment is the requirement of land in which that person lives, this is the essence of a true neutral organization. As an Organization We do not protect criminals and villain's but we do not hunt them either. each person is responsible for wiping there own arse and accepting the consequence that are wrought by there actions. Simply do not expect the academy to succeed over the laws of another land, goddess forbid that someone do something morally or criminally wrong by a cities standard and not wrong at all by an academy law. Then we would have the reverse situation, where people would be telling us to stay out of their business so that they could punish the offender rather then trying to force intervention.

On the last note

I am the academies retainer Dji, the keeper of the properties but not the sovereign leader of the organization nor have i ever set myself up to be. Change can always be made if enough members of the academy come together to make it happen. my vote weighs no more then anyone else's, so please stop attacking me like a emotionally damaged child trying to impress his alcoholic father.

Now be a good boy and pour daddy another drink.

Athian Corulas
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

No one speaks of moral or ethic. You are blind if you can’t separate the Bearers of the Fire, their Codex and what we stand for on the one hand and that what i ask for as a mage on the other hand. I don’t warn of the danger what comes along with a personality we would call evil, i warn of the danger which comes along with a massive lack of knowledge. I wand protect the mages which don’t know what they do and i want protect the magic itself. An un-careful mage could produce massive damage to the arcane structure, the magic itself - I will try everything to avoid it.

That you see a teacher as nothing but a tool shocks me, but it doesn’t surprise me - Anyway here’s not the space to discuss that.

And don’t hide behind words Mister Corulas. Don’t waste our time with discussions about how the head of the academy called is or how much influence he has. You have the power to start a process to give teachers more ability’s, more skills in teaching. If you are too lazy to move I blame you.

Beside of that you amuse me, a human which even does not live for one century, a warlock which have his runes for what - ten, maybe twenty years - call himself father of me? That’s really an amusing compression. At least with the point that you seem drunk I can agree, but I suppose that comes along if someone owns a tavern.

I know we enjoy to insult each other, but that not our personal vendetta. We have each the hand over the only two teaching rooms of Gobaith together we could change things, we could help to improve the process of teaching. It’s not about moral, it’s not about force and rules – it’s about assistance, supervising, of teachers teaching each other.

Fine Regards,
~Djironnyma
Athian

Post by Athian »

Dji have i ever told you...

Sometimes I wish I was a toy maker, i could open my own little shop. I'd make dolls in your likeness and put them in my shop window.

They'd be called "Baby never shuts the **** up" dolls.
It seems that an Aghast reader has quickly crossed out one of the words in the sentence.

I bet they'd be a hit with all the young girls who like to pretend to be mommies.

Fine regards
Athian Corulas
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

A woman with a grin on her face chuckles reading all the parchments added then pulls down a small one now hidden among so many others as she adds more words to the bottom.

Mercenary for hire.
J

Am not afraid of mages.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

A few things become clear while reading this. Firstly, you're all an embarrassment and further tainting an already poor reputation with this pointless squabble. A reputation already dragged backwards through the dirt and filth I might add.

I am not single man with all the answers, but by the Gods would you all take a long hard look at yourselves? Magic is powerful tool, yes. It shouldn't be abused, I agree. Perhaps I don't agree with the decision to bestow Bhona to several of our younger less experiences counterparts. But is that really the problem here, or could it be, you're all too proud and Gods strike me down for saying so, embarrassed to admit you made an error of judgment?

Read these words well: Instructor Brian may be young, and perhaps foolish, but he's now an instructor, along with young master Sky, and aye, Orioli. Tis their responsibility to teach students perhaps, but who teaches the teacher to be responsible and wise I wonder? Isn't it obvious? Why, the other instructors of course. So quit this damn eye-sore of a parchment fight and teach them to be damn proper mages instead of complaining about it and pointing wands at who's to blame.

Sincerely,

~Master Stefan Elvaris~
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

With a chuckle, a note is added below the last one.
I blame Stefan Elvaris.
There is no signature attached to the simple sentance.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Exactly the foolishness I speak of, thank-you for your example, stranger.

~Stefan Elvaris~
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Again, avoiding the point.
What has wanting those who have magic, be morally stable got to do with jealousy? Oh, I understand the want to make magic equal to all and any who can manage to control it. But like someone said, magic is a weapon, why the fecking hellbriar, would you give a crazy cuif, the chance to gain a weapon of that magnitude. Would you give someone who's clearly out to kill, a sharp usable sword? No. You take his hands and lop them off to protect the innocents. You say there's no agenda with the school, yet there's an obvious agenda of non-responability, for messes you buffoons create.

Need I mention the attacks inflicted in the past year alone? Some can say the blame falls solely on the rouge mage, but who helped create this person? Who helped those rouge mage's grow to become such monsters, able to inflict Elara' knows only how much pain? No, the blame falls on two places. On the shoulder of the teacher who isn't able enough to determine the persons deposition, and the person in question.

You can say that a mage doesn't need to be kind, gentle and all that pish-posh. But why on Illarion would you train someone thus like, if its clear what road they shall take? Why teach someone, if they are morally questionable? It isn't jealousy to wish one to be morally capable when they're taught, its simple, blind, common sense. Something - it appears - the school is avoiding.

In Elara's name,
Athian

Post by Athian »

I believe i wrote the word jealousy one time perhaps in my first point. The tactic you are using however is known as subversion. You are attempting to draw attention to a single almost minor point as if that were the entire content of the written affair. No one else is fixating so heavily as you on a single word, as if the only point you have is to deny an accusation that hits close to home. You remind me of another halfing i knew once, almost down to the letter, it's as if your the same parcel in an only slightly different wrapping. I suppose there are only so many personalities in the world though...

When I say Jealous it doesn't mean you specifically, but even you as you are do know that there has always been times when BHONA as a rune that everyone wants when they themselves decide they are ready for it and decide when others are ready for it. Regardless of the teachers thinking many mage students consider themselves better then others and more ready then others, when someone they feel is less ready then them is moved ahead and allowed to have this rune, one of the first things such students do is begin going through ever possible length to show there discontent and discredit others. We have all seen it happen before,this looks similar.

As to your rogue mages no, they broke several laws of nature and were punished by the gods. Frankly put no one but the gods can punish those who choose to cheat the very essence of our world. I'm sure you already know that and I'm sure its a point your ignoring. As I've said before those who choose to cheat nature will always find a way too do, through shady contacts, forbidden 'ritual' and otherworldly communications.

To your last questions it is because the further development of magic has nothing to do with good or evil. The Academy is a true neutral organization. We take everyone despite there alignments. We do not hunt criminals nor do we act as an army, at the same time we offer no protection for those who do wrong nor seek to protect wrong doer's, nor ever try to use our might to succeed the laws of any authority that chooses to punish a member for breaking law. If this does not suit you then you are of course welcome to go or come as you please. We are not the only organization capable of teaching the arcane.

Athian
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

And yet, that's what your point led up to. The accusing that those against the current system, are merely jealous. It is not subverting to correct, and pull someone up on such a diversion, it again is pure and simple logic. Though, I'm sure such thoughts are foreign to one so far up his own anus.

It is not the people that are being discredited - that's merely a by-product -, it is simply the system. A system that neither cares for how one wishes to act once the teaching period is over, is a system that needs to be done-away with in the first and last place. You say that the system is of itself, neutral. That it cares not for how one views the world and all of that tosh that surely follows. But how can you claim to be a neutral order, when you hold part of the responability for Hellbriar that they're now able to cause?

If you fly with the crows, you'll be chased by the farmers. Thusly, if you nurture, and teach the crows how to fly, to steal from the farmer's land, you're partly responsible for that farmer's woes and troubles in regards to his field. You're trying to apply a neutral mask over a lazy, good-for-nothing system. That helps those who're corrupt, and punishes all those who suffer at the hands of said beings. As for that tosh you wrote in regards to usurping a towns authority, all I hear is you're too lazy to clean up messes up help create. I doubt I'm the only one who shares such a view.

Once more, if that is your definition of 'neutral', I highly recommend a trip to a druid. Perhaps they'll have a method for dislodging your head from that tight, air-lacking compartment you seem to have got it stuck in.

In Elara's name,
((Just to say folk. This is ALL IC from my part, I heard someone say that this was coming off as ooc bickering, in regards to a few posts. Honestly, nothing against any PO's mentioned, but if you're coming here to and getting ruffled up oocly, take a few breathes and smile. No ooc harm meant, from my part at the best least ;) ))
Athian

Post by Athian »

its been awhile since i taught a lesson but it seems you need one on basic philosphy.

Let me explain to you what actual neutrality entales:

neutrality in itself implies the action of not judging the validity of an opinion or morality. As such a neutral party will provide a platform for all opinions; including but not limited to irrational or malicious opinions. The Academy as such is in fact a neutral party, and fulfills the actual requirements of what the literal term of neutrality means.

Your Druids are not nuetral, they are non-aggressive. A non-Agressive is an indivdual or group that rejects the action of initiating violence. However they do permit the use of violence in the acts of self defense and to a lesser extent delegated or representative defense.

May I say: You write as if anyone would think otherwise of your motives as jealousy or dislike. you provided no basis of argument, you used aggressive slander, you provided no conclusive facts, confirmed examples, witnesses or testimonies. The only thing you did was provide an emotionally charged chunk of opinion which in no way shape or form irrefutably proves that your views are correct of even valid. Then when you are questioned upon your motives you want to fall back into the defense of a logical standpoint. Perhaps if you had started from a logic standpoint your motives would have been less open for question and your statements taken as more then just rantings, but you yourself stated that you were indeed just ranting.

The truth is people never like actual neutrality because sentient mortals are emotional beings. It does not surprise me that you cannot agree with this method, it is in fact outside the very nature of your being and as you've shown, far outside of the realm of your cognition. Your single rant no matter how colorful it is will in fact change nothing, if you really seek to make a change join the academy and push for it along with those who share your views, otherwise you will remain as impotent with persuasion as you likely are with women.

Cordially
Athian Corulas
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

*Reads the postings with her mouth open in surprise and can't help but laugh her rear off *

I must say, some of you, especially those that are supposedly in leadership roles, such as the Academy Retainer, are giving magic users a seriously bad name. You want to talk about childish and immature? Can any two of you supposed leaders agree on anything at all?

This has to be the funniest thing I have read in a very long time.

Please do keep entertaining us all with your humor.

~Uhuru~
Athian

Post by Athian »

To Uhuru

I have long stopped caring what people think about me. There's no point in putting on a false face, its a waste of energy. Like me or hate me I am who i am, It's called confidence. Mister littlehorn has it enough to speak his mind and Djironnyma has it too, though i'm convinced its a side effect of not being struck enough when he was a child. I respect both of them and others as far as speaking there minds, sure beats the hell out of cowards that whisper behind your back. doens't mean i agree with them in the least though.

All the same if you are entertained by this ranting then you understand exactly why its so amusing to continuously perpetuate it. Let the verbal bloodshed continue comrades, its much safer then the other alternative of killing one another, though perhaps slightly less fun.

Athian