Herb Gathering gone wrong (open)

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Copper Dragon

Herb Gathering gone wrong (open)

Post by Copper Dragon »

A part of red robe can be seen poking out of some snow that appears to have been dug up by an animal. Should any one remove the robe from it's resting place in the snow, it will be discovered that the robe has been there a bit and it is cut and torn in several places. Stains of what could be blood also can be found on the robe. The design, stitching, and needlework all point to one person. The tale of what happened is hidden in the past and under the snow. Should someone search more, a rusty sickle, some bundled sibanac,other assorted herbs and a few ripped pieces of other clothing can be found near the robe including one boot.
zda

Re: Herb Gathering gone wrong (open)

Post by zda »

Brian wanders around out side of town when he notices some thing strange in the snow. As he walks up to it he sees it is a robe he picks it up and examines it closely to examine the stitching and compares it to his own shirt.... noticing that they match he realizes that is was shandra's red robe, after he realizes it he starts to yell her name"SHANDRA?"?. after screaming her name a few times he looks around the area were the robe was found. he finds a few of her other items buried under a light layer of snow... as he collects the items he seems to get upset and angry he also mutters to him self " were is she? i hope she is not hurt bad... or worse.. how could i have let this happen?!" he finishes collecting the things and looks around a little more before opening a portal back to town to try to get a group of people to help looks for her...
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Walking in town and listening to the people, Banduk is searching for any word, what could turn into business soon.
Once he listen the name of his adopted daughter he joins a group of people. Starting with a smile and some friendly questions his faces turns soon into a highly concerned style.
He does not want to believe, but there are unmistakable facts. What Brian found belongs to her and do not tell a story what is able to fill the heart of parents with proud and pleasure.
Just half an hour later he leaves the town fully armoured. Since the snow melted, he hopes to found some tracks, guiding him to her.
zda

Post by zda »

As banduk joins him in effort to find her he sets off with banduk wearing his armor and carrying his wand in his hand and shandras things in his bag. as they leave town he askes any one he know that he sees on the way out t help look for her.
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

It's part of Shandra's robe.. She's missing.
That's what he said? Hrm.. Why are all the elfess's getting in trouble so often..
That was.. What? Five hours ago? And now-
Zehshirr!
Yesss Brian? You'v found her?
No, no, a bunch of us are going to go find her. You said you'd come?
What? Well.. Of course!
Hrm.. How do I get myself into these things.. Bah. Anyway, now we'r heading on out, hopefully we can pick up more people, and, eventually, find that elfess...
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

"An elfess, right?", S'rrt asks Zehshirr as Shandra's name is mentioned.
"Yess, sshe'ss missing. We're arranging a group of people to find her. Can you join us?"
S'rrt ties the fishes he just caught into a bundle and motions to the tavern, presumably to roast them. "Ssure, I'll come along. I'll keep in touch with Brian."
Later he sends a dove to Brian offering his help and asks where they are to gather so that the search can start. He takes his guard-gear: full light armor, elven bow with plenty of arrows, twin daggers, a rope, torches and smoked fishes to eat.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Liasany walking through the streets of the town and heard by chance that Shandra is missing.
Shandra has disappeared?
Immediately makes the elf on the search for her husband, but he has left the town.
Outside the gates, outside the town, she gets an even Banduk.
"I've heard Shandra is missing. I will help you look."
Without hesitation, she pulls her wand to help in the search for the adopted daughter of her husband.

((sorry for bad englisch i hope all can unterstand this))
zda

Post by zda »

brian after asking most of the people he seen in town to help find shandra he lets every one know to meet out side the east gate... he soon walks out him self to meet the goup he looks to each of them saying to the entire group, "lets split up and search the island me zehshirr will look north and west of bane... lia,banduk, and srrt look south and east. is every one fine with this?" he looks to the group again he seems to be unusualy upset and worried.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra opens her eyes after a few days with a large lump on her head and little covering her body. The cold hard stone is the second thing to come to mind after the pain which screams from several parts of her body that even the cold can not silence completely. As a moan excapes her lips, her captors become aware she is awake. A swirl of movement and a splash of cold water on her face and chest is her reward. A grunt is heard that could simply be acknowledgment of her coming out of sleep. Shambling steps are heard as he leaves and a door is closed and locked behind him. Alone and awake, the cold makes it's presence known as her teeth begin to chatter. Drawing her self up to a sitting position and wrapping her arms around her legs for warmth, she takes her first look at what may be her home for a while. Bleak and rough stone meet her eyes along with two buckets and some food left on a leaf. Straw covers the floor beneeth her but does little else. As she tries to remember what happened to her, the pain in her hands make it's self known. Holding her hands up, she is cursed with a sight that breaks what little will she has left. Each bone has been carefully broken so her fingers can not be used for magic. Tears flow as her heart breaks and pieces are lost to her till exaustion and sleep reclaim her broken body and mind.
zda

Post by zda »

Brian collects his group and tells them" i think the first place we need to look is the orcen mountains and there cave i dont trust them not tom have taken her" he says " also once we enter orc teritory be ready to have to fight off some of the orcs" Brian finishes seeming determined and anxious to leave he ties the torn part of shandra's robe around his arm and waits to make sure the others are ready before opening a portal to the center of the orc teritory. before setting off he sends out a dove hoping it may be able to find shandra or some trace of her
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Shandra is awoken by the sounds of foorsteps and the door opening. The light of a lantern blinds her swollen eyes as she tries to hide her face from the light. A clatter is heard as fresh food and water are placed after the empty plate and pitcher are removed. A rough hand grabs her arm and lifts her roughly to a standing position for a moment before releasing her to collapse back to the straw and rock of the floor. As her body hits the floor she cries out as a fresh wave of pains crashes over her broken mind. A growl that forms the word "Useless" is heard as the door closes again and the footsteps slowly fade into the distance.
Lia

Post by Lia »

In the evening when the rest of the group long day makes, pulls back Liasany implied.
Away from the group something they characterized rune into the ground and sits down. Long she sits stiffly, one might think she is sleeping or meditating.
The elf but tried to take on a different plane to contact Shandra.
~ Shandra Shandra .. can you hear me? ~
Liasany can hear no answer but some feelings. Quietly, she takes a deep breath and then sends a final message to Shandra's mind on the journey.
~ We are looking for you, hold on. ~

Exhausted, they returned to the group. "We must hurry, it seems to hurt much."
Presumably she is in a cave, only in what and where, I do not know.
Wearily, she sits down next Banduk and leans her head against his shoulder.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Silence fills her cold and damp prison. In her mind the battle rages on of should she call out and risk setting into motion what ever plans her captors have or remain quiet and wait. How long has she been here and who are they? What do they want and what will they do to her? Question after question comes unbidden into her mind. Maybe if she gives them what they want she can go free but to what? Through the haze of pain and dispair a touch is felt by her mind. The words form in her mind but fade as quickly as they come. For a brief instants her will gains a hold and she fights to hold it. She takes a drink from the stone pitcher that has been provided and tries to call out. A croak is all that comes out but it is enough. As if summoned by her will, steps begin to draw near. Boots clicking in the stone hall, getting louder as the draw closer. As the door opens a figure fills the doorway. The light again blinds her as she covers her eyes. "So you show some life after all" the man says in a cold cultured voice. The next spoken words bring to light the dread that has been building in her mind, "Perhaps we should begin then shall we?
Hours later he leaves having never touched her but simply asking questions. His servent does what he is directed to to recieve proper replied from shandra. As he departs he leaves her with a final thought. "If you tell me what I want to know or convince me otherwise I will let you return to your life."
zda

Post by zda »

After searching the orcen cave and lands brian signs seeming to find no sign of shandra. After a moment of thinking brian decides to go check the old abandoned temple ruins north of trollsbane. After muttering a few words he opens a portal and steps through it. once he walks through to the other side he draws a pair of glowing daggers before climbing down a ladder in to the old crypt , once he climbs down he checks every space shouting out shandra name hoping for a reply
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Coming back from crawling to nearly each hole in the northern mountain Banduk and Lia put there dirty clothes into the next basket wash as little as possible and fall into bed. Not even a twinkle of an eye later both falls asleep.
Hours later Banduk wakes up with a start. An idea spreads in his brain slowly but clear.
”My love, your mage helps so much. Your body should be blue from using all these drinks to locate Shandra. But this isle is perforated like a cheese.” He whispers and stands up carefully.
After a soft kiss he covers her body with the blanket and left the room.

A minute later a lamp light near the chest of Shandra and he starts to pass the lock.
”Shandra, I hope you will not hate me for what I’m doing right now … but all tracks looks like planned and there must be a hint … anywhere”

Smile and pain change in the face of the man while one item after the other passes his hands. A bundle of newer letters is putting by side. The script, what’s not hers starts with “My dear sunshine…”
”Can’t read that my little madam. Not if there is a chance to let it be.”

Most of the items he know, some are simply useless but without the story in behind. Carefully Banduk folds one of her masterpieces, an embroided coat and his eyes catch something, he hasn’t seen before.
"What's that?"
zda

Post by zda »

Brian walks into the library, he walks over to the large table pulling a map from near by and unrolls it across the table. he leans over the map making a copy to a small piece of parchment. once done with that he starts to mark all of the underground caves he knows of before rolling of the map and placing it were it was. taking the copy he walks out of the library tries to find banduk ad show him all of the places he marked.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Days turned into weeks, then months, adding up to years. Wounds of the body heal and are inflicted again many times. Always the questions come, delivered by a cold and cultured voice. The thought of hiding any thing slowly fades under the relentless pain and questions. Eventually the need to inflict such pain fades as shandra's will is broken. The body heals but what passes for a mind is now absent. Answers flow to questions ask with out hesitation untill the day arrives that is no longer even dreamed of. The man arrives alone with a strange book in one hand and a dagger in the other. Both are placed on a table beside the plate of food and wine. Shandra sits in a chair looking out a window, the odd behavior gets her attention as the questions do not return. Turning to face him with a blank look the items draw her focus. "I have learned what I wish and now I will keep my word" the man says. "You may choose the dagger and pass to the world beyond or you may choose the book and return to where you were found." He then turns and prepares to leave with the final words "Or you may stay with me, the choice is yours, I will await your decision down the hall." She simply sits looking first at the book, then the dagger, to the door, and back to the book repeatedly.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

As she comes to believe it is not a trick, she picks up the dagger and the book. With the dagger placed in her belt, she opens the book and begins to read. With the final words a portal opens up and she steps throught to what ever awaits her at the other end. And so her life begins anew but where did he send her and what marks will she carry from the experience?