Re: Knights of Gobaith (KOG)

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

We will be visited by Sir Bregor Ayun on 19. Adras 340 at 6:00 o'clock (in game time) and he has requested all members who can to be present. ((the best i can calculate this means 25th of September and time may be at noon CST, basically "now"))

He will conduct a ceremony to confirm The knighthood of Sir Kenfric Shalpert at this time.

He has offered Praise and Thanks to us for the work we do and the faithful service we show.

I am honored that he makes this trip on my behalf and I hope we will show him a sincere welcome.
Last edited by PopQuiz on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Dantagon Marescot wrote:You have done well, my knights. In my absence you have found renewed strength and leadership. I have not completely left you, for if you need my council, feel free to ask. If there is anything I can do or provide, I shall do so. I shall try to make it to one of your meetings once in a while, but at this point in my life with a growing family, I can not make any promises. Perhaps now I can spend time writing tomes to fill the shelves for at every point in a knights life it is time to put down the sword and pick up the ink and quill.

Never forget what I gave you. Never forget what we stand for. And most of all, never forget that no matter your differences, no matter your disagreements, and no matter what side you fight for, we are all brothers and sisters in arms. For a family united is strong, but a family divided suffers individual and fall apart.

Sir Dantagon Marescot of Gobaith
Founder of the Knights of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
~Sir Kenfric pins a permanent copy of this letter to the top of the guild board for all to see. He gazes on it solemnly and beams with pride for having done justice to the guild which he loves. ~
Last edited by PopQuiz on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
themonk

Post by themonk »

* Gurk sees the board and gives a sigh of relief that things are looking up *

I am completely loyal to Sir Kenfric and Dame Shandra they are my friends and superiors.

You have mine and my recruits sword and shield until our demise.

Forever loyal to the knights of Gobaith
Squire Gurk.

(( Sorry to be a pain. But can you change my characters name to just Gurk please.
The GMs didnt like the full name so i scrapped it.
Gurk has no memory of his full name and family clan of yet.

Thank you))
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

A parchment is laid on the table of the Keep.

Fellow Knights, Squires and Pages,

The Knights have had a tradition dating from before I can remember to acknowledge and accept their previous members. Even though I am not a "previous" member never having left, and have a letter from Kenfric and Uhura leaving due to dissatisfaction to a proposed name change at a much later date, and ideas presented in general, I am happy there is still interest in keeping the guild functioning. Being quite busy with my family has lead to problems actively participating. I hope the KOG continues traditions in the past of valuing all their members including the ones no longer active like me and other Knights and Squires mentioned in the first parchment ever written.

Dame Caiah Daekash

Caiah digs through tons of papers and pulls out the original document looking at it carefully giving a warm smile of rememberance.

(( http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =5&t=32577 -previous posted thread for posterity ))
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Dame Caiah Daekash

With a warm heart I acknowledge your claim and right to it. Welcome you are still among your fellow Knights.

Sir Kenfric Shalpert
Last edited by PopQuiz on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

I'm sorry I missed the meeting. I was detained away from town and could not return in time. I simply ask that you forgive me and I will endever to be at the next meeting.

shandra the tailor
themonk

Post by themonk »

Ruben Goodgarden is ready to take the oath.

He shows the correct attitude for our order and already has basic knowlage in combat.

I believe he will be a great addition to the Knights.

Also congradulations to Page Pierre ((has a good ring to it :D)).

Gurk the recruiter and quartermaster.
KOG

Post by KOG »

The Knighthood of Gobaith (KOG)

Meetings and Events:

Weekly Meeting: The Knighthood meets every ((Saturday, 7pm GMT)) in our great hall in castle Stoneridge.

Weekly Training: TBA.

Current Members of the Knighthood:

Elder Knights

Sir Bregor Ayun
Sir Mark Strongarm
Dame Caiah Daekash

Knight's Council

Sir Kenfric Shalpert, Lead Knight
Dame Shandra, Diplomacy
Sir Leon Demilli, Fighting Proficiency Training
Sir Brian Stubbs, Mage Proficiency Training
Sir Gurk, Quartermaster and Recruiter
Sir Seregon, Tactics Commander

Squires and Pages

Squire Pierre Francious
Squire Ruben Goodgarden

Page Drathe Blue

Recruit Henry La'Cloud

Remembered:

Sir Dantegon Merescot
Sir Frederick Hawkmoon
Sir Jonathan Cain
Dame Ayla To'lorn
Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Dame Amaria
Sir Amroth Surion

Squire Anon of D'Athen
Squire Tirrend Skye
Squire Gildon De Vymont
Squire Dain Aldous
Squire Arthael Meranwyn
Squire Keunthus
Squire Tirrend Skye

Page Benjamin Terrant
Page Gyn Faris
Page William Dale
Page Tyr Thane
Page Sean Michael Haynesworth
Page Arthur Mordhelm
Page Tubius
Page Ryan Grey
Page Jonathan von Glanwen
Page Xiseras
Page Angmor Gendalin
Page Valric
Page Lindon Selmur

(All inactive members can easily return by sending a dove or personally meeting with a knighthood leader)

Last edited by KOG on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 33 times in total.
KOG

Post by KOG »

The Aim of the Knighthood - In the Eyes of the Realm:

To assail infidelity, to venerate the priesthood and the righteous, to protect the poor from injuries and to alleviate suffering, to pacify the territory of Gobaith, to pour out their blood for their brothers and, if need be, to lay down their lives.

The Aim of the Knighthood - In the Eyes of the Knight:

Perfection of the soul. To fill one’s own heart with the gifts of generosity, modesty, nobility and courage. All this to follow the path of the good and the righteous to ultimately allow one’s heart to rise and reach the Gods’ divinities.

How is this aim achieved? By following, as best one can. the knighthood's Code of Chivalry and the Principals of Courtly Love.

Code of Chivalry:

Prowess: Seek excellence in all proficiencies required of a knight, seeking vigor to be used in the light of justice, as opposed to personal overdoing.

Justice: Pursue the path of the virtuous, unfettered and unobstructed by one’s own interest and prejudices. To comprehend that justice dealt by the sword can be a dreadful deed, thus should be lightened by understanding and mercy.

Loyalty: To develop a firm emotional control and cultivate unwavering commitment to the people and morals you choose to live by.

Defense: Always seek to protect the territory of Gobaith, your family and all of those whom you believe are worthy of allegiance.

Courage: The righteous path is rarely the easiest. The one you must choose will be the harder. Be ready to make personal sacrifices to serve the knighthood’s conducts and valued people. To be courageous also means choosing the truthful side in all matters rather than escaping through a convenient lie.

Faith: Strong and unyielding in faith you must be, as faith is what roots you and gives hope against the desolation of one’s failures.

Humility: Cherish the contributions of others first and do not boast of your own accomplishments. Your renown is justly earned through virtuous endeavors.

Largesse: Be generous and charitable in all ways you can afford. This will defy greed and gluttony.

Lawfulness: You shall commit no crime of common law. You are not above the laws and it is your duty to follow them to the best of your ability.

Principles of Courtly Love:

1. You shall avoid the pestilent greed and shall embrace its opposite.

2. You shall never deliberately attempt to break apart a correct love affair that someone else is engaged in.

3. You shall never engage in a double love. A true lover does not covet an embrace in love from anyone but the beloved.

4. You shall never be the revealer of love affairs amongst the unknowing.

5. Nothing forbids one person being loved by two of the opposite gender, but the returned love must be devoted to a single person.

6. You shall strive to keep the bound of love strong and firm. If love weakens, it quickly risks failure and is rarely rekindled again.

7. One who’s displeased by too much passion usually does not love. You shall always fulfill but never exceed the desires of your lover.

8. You shall never have enough of solaces of your beloved.

9. When one lover dies, a widowhood of one year is required of the survivor.

Admittance:

All who are willing and wishing to join our Order are requested to send a dove or personally meet any knight or designated recruiter within the guild. Pinning a note on this wall is also acceptable. (Ranked as recruit until oath given)

Ranks and Duties:

Recruit: (Probationary entry)
This position is entry level and does not involve rank nor full acceptance into the knighthood.

Page: (Servant of the Knighthood)
The lowest and starting rank in the knighthood. Pages are watched by squires and knights, observing whether they are fit and promising for a future knight. During this time it is the duty of the page to learn everything they possibly can about the isle. A page will be tested over various information involving all aspects of the isle. Pages must help the knighthood in whatever it is requested from them. Knights have the rights to send orders to pages. Squires must first request permission from the knights before doing so.

Squire: (A Knight in training)
Squires are attendees of the knights and must start learning the values and morals of being a knight. A squire must still follow any orders given by knights, but they are also taught and must excel in martial arts and in weapon proficiencies. Squires can suggest to the Knights, Pages who are ready to be ranked as Squires.

Knight:
One who’s proficient in arms and trained in chivalry. One who pledged the knight’s oath and one who heeds to the code of chivalry. Knights can induct new members, promote Pages, and suggest Squires that are readied to be knighted to the grandmaster.

Religion of the Knighthood:

The knighthood and all its members are encouraged to pray to and worship the following Gods and Goddesses for the mentioned reasons. Of course, any member is still free to pray and worship any other God or Goddess.

• Malachín (God of Battle and Hunting): Our patron and protector of battles. He watches over us in times of war, when a vigorous fist is needed to smite evil.

• Zhambra (God of Friendship and Loyalty): Our guide towards the path of the good and the righteous. Gift Him with loyalty and belief in honor and law, and your life will be enlightened in return.

• Sirani (Goddess of Love and Pleasure): She embraces us with emotional strength and self-control, to remain faithful and strong in love. Abide by the rules of courtly love, and she’ll reward us with fruitful passion and affection.

Last edited by KOG on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KOG

Post by KOG »

PopQuiz wrote:Static Announcements

If you have any unwanted items, please hand it to the Quartermaster before you throw it out! it could help a fellow Page, Squire or Knight!

All Knights, Squires and Pages who can, please attend our renewal meeting.

Members of the order and all those requesting help please post here all business which concerns our order of knighthood.

May those great beings, Malachin, Zhambra, and Sirani protect and guide you!
KOG

Post by KOG »

Treaties of the Knighthood:

Towns which accept a treaty of alliance with the knighthood shall be listed here. The knighthood shall give priority to the listed towns and shall offer its services and protection whenever the need arises.

Contract between the town of Troll's Bane and the Knighthood of Gobaith
The Contract between the Knighthood of Gobaith and Troll's Bane

The Knighthood of Gobaith has in the past, served the Town of Troll's Bane through it's darkest hours. Because of this, it comes a time to put it into writing what they've already striven to do since their inception. The Knighthood of Gobaith now have official rights to conduct justice on the borders and territories of Bane. They will be given the right to ban members from the Town and lands outside the walls for up to thirty days, with the prior consent of the Governor of Guard Captain.

They have the right to withdraw their swords in town, if the justification is there. They will be given keys to the jail and be able to hold or jail criminals for a period of two dwarven weeks. Troll's Bane will have the rights to call for the knighthood's services as long as the intentions are right and just. These would include the safety of Troll's Bane against outside influences and if Troll's Bane interferes into outside matters that concern the safety and well being of another settlement.

The Knighthood exhibits free will with this contract. They are allowed to absolve the contract at any time, if they feel that their services are being used wrongly and unjustly.

Signed,
Elijah Varrin

Signed,
Bregor Ayun
Contract of Stoneridge
The Contract between the Government of Trolls Bane and the Knighthood of Gobaith

In order to keep relations neutral with Silverbrand and to continue friendly relations with the Knighthood, we've decided to return the Knights the land that was rightfully there own in the first place. Hopefully, through this move and more peaceful relations between the three groups we'll be able to secure a firm and steady position among our now close neighbors.

The castle called Stoneridge in the pass connecting Trolls Bane to Silverbrand shall be solely territory of the Knighthood of Gobaith. The keep and the pass shall be under no authority to the town of Trolls Bane. The pass shall be deemed neutral with safe passage given by the Knighthood of Gobaith. If a group were to attempt a takeover of the castle, in order to preserve the contract, it shall be the duty of Trolls Bane to help the Knighthood protect or retake the castle in order to ensure safe passage through the pass.

If the Government breeches any terms of the agreement or shows hostility towards the Knighthood, it is well in their right to terminate the contract altogether and keep their land. Both parties signify agreement and are bound by their signatures below.

Signed,
Lord Rothman
Archduke of Trolls Bane

Signed,
Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith

Signed,
Sir Bregor Ayun of Gobaith
Viceroy of Troll's Bane Edric Galthor

Signed
Elijah Varrin
Governour of Troll's Bane
Sanctuary of Tol Vanima:
This is the treaty of allegiance to preserve concord between the members of the Knighthood of Gobaith and the elves of Tol Vanima and its territory.
This agreement gives the rights:

- For the members of the Knighthood to act for the cause of justice on the fields of Tol Vanima.

- For the authorities of Tol Vanima to freely call for the knighthood's services as long as the intentions are right and just.

- For the members of the Order to be freely provided with shelter in Tol Vanima at request in rare situations of crisis.

May it be noted that these rights will not entitle any member of the Order to break any laws of the sanctuary at any time.

Signed,
Grandmaster Jorokar Sladrir

Signed,
Isilwen Anrion, Elder of Tol Vanima
themonk

Post by themonk »

Brothers and sisters

It makes me happy to see our Dame shandra and Page Uhuru amoung us, i am honourd to see the order strengthen day by day thanks to Sir Kenfrics quick caurse of action relaying the orders cracked foundation.

Squire Gurk

p,s If Ruban goodgarden is reading this, Dame Shandra will take your oath please send her a letter.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Fellow brothers of the KOG,

I will be stitching up some items to go in the armory for anyone in need. General items such as boots, gloves, coats, leather bags, and so on. Please bring me any entrails, thread, cloth or leather you may have that you do not need. Also, please send me a dove or come see me if you have a specific need that cannot be met with what is found in the armory.

I am usually found in or around Troll's Bane. If you can't find me, you may give the items to Squire Gurk or my good friend Evie.

( I would list sibanac as something I need but I know that would be wasted parchment! Right Squire Gurk? )

Stay smart and strong,

~Page Uhuru~
themonk

Post by themonk »

To Sir Kenfric and Dame Shandra

Henric is ready to take the oath, he has shown great enthusiasm and i have witnessed his basic training advance from trolls to packs of wolves. After letting him take on a alpha male wolf single handed i belief he is ready for the rank of Page.

Isaac a guard of Bane would like to become a recruit also.

Gurk recruiter
KOG

Post by KOG »

Knighthood Meeting today ...
((
Sunday Sept 17 at 7pm GMT (1pm CST)
))
Training to follow, try to be there!
KOG

Post by KOG »

Meeting starts in a very few minutes.
themonk

Post by themonk »

* Looks at the register and smiles as he sees Brians name as squire *

Good to have you with us Brian.

Recruiter Gurk
KOG

Post by KOG »

((Sunday Sept 24 at 7pm GMT (1pm CST) ))
Training to follow, try to be there!

Today we have a banquet for all members of the knighthood. They are welcome to bring a few close family(or even closer friend) to that ((8pm GMT (2pm CST)))
themonk

Post by themonk »

We thank Raina for her kind donation to the knights and Sir Leon for supplying us with enough equipment for a small army.

Sir Gurk
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

You have done well, my knights. In my absence you have found renewed strength and leadership. I have not completely left you, for if you need my council, feel free to ask. If there is anything I can do or provide, I shall do so. I shall try to make it to one of your meetings once in a while, but at this point in my life with a growing family, I can not make any promises. Perhaps now I can spend time writing tomes to fill the shelves for at every point in a knights life it is time to put down the sword and pick up the ink and quill.

Never forget what I gave you. Never forget what we stand for. And most of all, never forget that no matter your differences, no matter your disagreements, and no matter what side you fight for, we are all brothers and sisters in arms. For a family united is strong, but a family divided suffers individual and fall apart.

Sir Dantagon Marescot of Gobaith
Founder of the Knights of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

((
Saturday Oct 1, at 7pm GMT (1pm CST)
))
themonk

Post by themonk »

Kallahorn is up for sale offers over 4 gold?.

Something for the knights to consider.

Gurk
themonk

Post by themonk »

Lafadiel is ready to take the oath.

Sir Gurk
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

The elf Lafadiel is a banned criminal in Tol Vanima and Kumdah. The knigths should look well these which they want in their ranks.

~Djironnyma
themonk

Post by themonk »

Lafadiel showed skill valour and honour on our quest together. To take the oath is a new beginning and becoming a Page in the Knights is a trial of worthyness. If myself and superiors feel Lafadiel is unfit he will be dissmissed and never become a Squire (a Knight in training) .

Thanks for the warning it will not go unheeded.

Sir Gurk
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Anyway he will be knocked down if he step in Kumdah -no matter if he is a knight or not.

~Djironnyma
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

He is up on charges and will be Judged by Tol Vanima's Elders his fate is being decided as we speak.

Raina.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

*A strange letter appears nailed across the rest of the Knight's board, ending with no signature but a smear of coal, perhaps resembling a T, or I.*

The Knights are a dead breed. Move on, or crumble into ruin with it. Soon, the stone that had been thought dust in a cave, shall roll to make a new foundation, perhaps in the image of what is lost, but yet not the same.
KOG

Post by KOG »

I have returned from my leave of absence, for personal matters. All knighthood members please report and notify us if you are still in our services.
My appreciation to Sir Leon and Sir Seregon for holding the Knighthood in my absence.

Sir Kenfric Shalpert
themonk

Post by themonk »

I have returned from my quest to the mainland only to see th Knights have yet again scatterd to the wind.

I am hereby leaving and joining the new knighthood by Alrix Wulfgar called the Knights of Goldburg.

I will still tend to the knights of Gobiath keep and maintain the armoury and treasurey untill the return of Kenfric or any other of my supriors.

Sir Gurk