Governor + Councilor of Troll's Bane / Nominations

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

MyNameHere

Re: Governor + Councilor of Troll's Bane / Nominations

Post by MyNameHere »

As I am seemingly the only one who even cares enough to convince people of his agenda, I would like to include a short list of my aims for when I am elected:

The temple:
The temple shall no longer walk the streets as they please, they will be banned.

Economy:
This town needs cows and sheep. I'll take care of that.
The workshop will have proper kitchen added, the one in the inn is Whisper's property after all.
The available storage space will be increased, as some citizens have resorted to storing their belongings on mules.

Buildings:
Several small apartments shall be constructed, not everyone who desires a place he can call home currently has one.
The inn will be repaired as soon as possible, its current state is a shame.

Guard force:
The guard force needs to show proper presence, this will be taken care of via increased pay, the town can afford it.

Also, I intend to throw regular town festivals to tighten the bonds among us citizens.

~Malluar Denstri, vote for me!
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Am I the only one that doesn't know how to send a vote to Raina?

~Uhuru~
Lenloyd

Post by Lenloyd »

Yes.

~unsigned
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Why do people insist on posting a message if they haven't got the nerve to sign it? Man up or shut up.

~Uhuru~
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

Dearest aspirant governor Uhuru. I thank you for showing your competence. Should you be elected, I am sure nothing stands between the temple and the power they desire.
~unsigned
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

I really should have stayed in bed. And again, another unsigned posting. Is there a fear? Are you all afraid?

What I probably should have replied was, if I am having trouble figuring it out, so too are others. I had just hoped someone would post a reply that would help everyone rather than just ridiculing me. I did cast my vote. I hope everyone is able to do so.

It irritates me that people are quick to ridicule and extremely slow to help. That is just backwards.

~Uhuru~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Uhuru wrote:What I probably should have replied was, if I am having trouble figuring it out, so too are others.

~Uhuru~
Perhaps the city has a raging problem of lack of reading abilities, considering clear directions for voting were left on the page announcing voting! One of the Governor Candidates should really take care of this issue.

~Unsigned
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Malluar, you have been here for .. a whole two dwarven weeks? Why should anyone place their trust in you?

What the town is capable of doing in terms of projects is greatly limited. But even so, I am able to promise a number of things to the citizen's of Troll's Bane.

Taxes are obsolete

Over the past year or so the town treasury has bloated from 0 coins to almost 30 gold. There have been almost no taxes collected. We still do not have access to the portal taxes, and although taxes are put into some land contracts, we have not been collecting them. The town can pay guards and do much more without hassling citizen's into forcibly paying from their own pockets.

The new thing will be to get the money back out through various means, as I don't wish to sit on it. This could be done in any number of ways including: tournaments with prizes, finding improvements to spend on, or even giving a set amount back to each active individual.

Limiting Outside Influences

Despite what some like to imagine, outside influences have been kept out of Troll's Bane successfully. The independent citizens decided some time ago that they do not wish to return to those ways. This, though, does not mean we have refused to work with outside groups at all. Detractors should probably learn to differentiate between the two concepts.

I also support the continued service of Judge Frederic Drake and Guard Captain Leon. Troll's Bane needs intelligent and assertive individuals to deal with the nonsense that so often comes through this town.

Continue to improve and grow

-Continue to prefer citizen crafters in town transactions
-Continue open auctions when land or buildings become inactive
-Continue the town charter that has successfully limited any one members from wielding too much authority
-Fix any loopholes or ambiguity within the current laws
-Continue to follow all current land contracts, and support the rights of owners

F
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

Dear Fooser,
Promising to continue to follow the current contracts, and to adhere to the town charter? That is expected of any governor, and thus entirely obsolete to declare as a point on your agenda. Your goals seem to be to continue your current way of ruling, yet it has barely proven effective. It is a long standing promise to see money returned to citizens, yet nothing has been done. As for town transactions, when did the last one even take place?

Do you really surrender with the statement that the town is limited? Isn't it the job of the governor to lead the town ahead with visions and ideas in order to improve it? I, on the one hand, do not deem the town "limited". We have great citizens, and together we can realize what we deem beneficial.

Your agenda seems to be entirely lacking anything besides empty promises, promises that have been made long ago and not yet fulfilled. When elected, I shall see to it that the money in the treasury is put to good use within a dwarven month, and every citizen is invited to take me up on my word.

As for taxes, I shall raise them when necessary, yet I do intend to keep a certain amount inside the treasury in cases of emergency, so I promise not to raise taxes until absolutely necessary, which seems are far more reasonable approach than simply promising not to raise any. What will you do if the town is out of money for some reason, Fooser?

Oh, and to the outside influences. Great job in keeping the temple from influencing a governor, which is still nicely put.

~Malluar Denstri, together we can!
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Then you merely show your naïvity. Everyone is always optimistic at first and then they get the rude awakening. It is indeed pointless for me to get into a contest of optimism with you as you are making promises I know you cannot keep. It would be the same as trying to become more wealthy than a man who can summon coins.

Improvements can be made but the possibilities are certainly not endless.

F
MyNameHere

Post by MyNameHere »

It is a shame the current governor prefers to sit back and fold his hands doing nothing.
~Malluar Denstri
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

I find it quite laughable that a Governor who was barely around during his rule, and states his intention to hold nominations early because "circumstances require me to spend time on the mainland and not Gobaith" now returns to a certain level of activity once nominated to win the election. How are you to vote in a person who clearly doesn't have the best interest of Bane at heart, highlighted by the fact he refuses to be active among his citizens?

A concerned citizen
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

One reason not to vote for Malluar, is that his girlfriend Brenda is literally a whore whom he takes a cut from every time she makes a sexual sale.
~an anonymous worried citizen
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Update:

As another council position is open, the top two vote earners during this cycle will be councilors and will both serve the full 7 month terms.

F
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Would it not be better to have a second vote for the second canditate? As most people will use their one vote on the person they like the most, meaning they do not get to vote for both. Either that or one should be allowed to vote again to add a vote for a second councilor.
-not signed
Juliette Benoit

Post by Juliette Benoit »

Qeewee wrote:Would it not be better to have a second vote for the second canditate? As most people will use their one vote on the person they like the most, meaning they do not get to vote for both. Either that or one should be allowed to vote again to add a vote for a second councilor.
-not signed
Even if it would decrease my chance of a position as a councilor, I must agree it would be fairer with a second election for councilor for the second position after this one for both councilor and governor has been finished.

~Juliette Benoit
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Mayhap i should remind our dear candidate who posted this of our laws? Or perhaps our procedures?
As I am seemingly the only one who even cares enough to convince people of his agenda, I would like to include a short list of my aims for when I am elected:

The temple:
The temple shall no longer walk the streets as they please, they will be banned.

Economy:
This town needs cows and sheep. I'll take care of that.
The workshop will have proper kitchen added, the one in the inn is Whisper's property after all.
The available storage space will be increased, as some citizens have resorted to storing their belongings on mules.

Buildings:
Several small apartments shall be constructed, not everyone who desires a place he can call home currently has one.
The inn will be repaired as soon as possible, its current state is a shame.

Guard force:
The guard force needs to show proper presence, this will be taken care of via increased pay, the town can afford it.

Also, I intend to throw regular town festivals to tighten the bonds among us citizens.

~Malluar Denstri, vote for me!

A Ban of that scale must be approved by the captain of the guard, and the council unless the town officially declares war on the temple, is that what you wish, more blood shed? As for your building plans, any major expenditure of town funds MUST be approved by the council. So in truth, of your 'aims' you can only truly promise sheep and cows. Moreover more money will most likely do nothing to boost the guard number or presence. But of course, you already knew that. Empty promises are easy to make. If you care to actually make promises you can keep, be sure to write those down. And you may wish to read what it is the governor is ALLOWED to do in his position. The laws were written to make sure no one individual held too much power.

Fredric Drake, Judge.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Juliette Benoit wrote:Even if it would decrease my chance of a position as a councilor, I must agree it would be fairer with a second election for councilor for the second position after this one for both councilor and governor has been finished.

~Juliette Benoit
I had assumed that people would get tired of going through this so many times in a short period. But it seems people wish it to be done another way, so it is my mistake. The winner will deal with the other council elections.
MyNameHere wrote: It is a long standing promise to see money returned to citizens, yet nothing has been done. As for town transactions, when did the last one even take place?
You forget that there was much uncertainty about how much the town would accumulate without any portal tax. A conservative approach HAD to be taken. But it seems the system of no tax revenue has worked beyond anything anyone had estimated.
MyNameHere wrote:Do you really surrender with the statement that the town is limited?
I surrender with the statement that "I" am limited. As it should be. If you expect a single person to ride in on a horse and fix all your problems, those problems aren't going to be fixed, especially when the system doesn't put entire faith into one individual. I will help people with their ideas. But I cannot do building projects or anything similar as the builder has been away.
Elijah wrote:I find it quite laughable that a Governor who was barely around during his rule, and states his intention to hold nominations early because "circumstances require me to spend time on the mainland and not Gobaith" now returns to a certain level of activity once nominated to win the election. How are you to vote in a person who clearly doesn't have the best interest of Bane at heart, highlighted by the fact he refuses to be active among his citizens?
Oh? I believe I was here quite frequently for a long period. The latest month or so? You are correct, things have been busy. But it is also not uncommon for leaders to have periods of quiet such as that. We have been through two judges, and an array of councilors yet I still wish to be here. Does it look like I get any benefit from this? I am happy to recommit, especially when one of the main alternatives has been a citizen for two dwarven weeks.

F
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Governor Fooser,

As far as councilor, I am fine with what was originally set up agreeing with you that most would be tired of voting again but more important then that, it seems fair. The first two voted would be what the people would want the most, why set up another election though there may be issues I hadn't thought of.

Kyre
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

as you can see I haven't done much promoting parading or anything to say "vote for me"..but if you vote me in as counselor i shall try to make change come to bane. I will help all those in need. so this will be one of my few things you will see here and there. Vote for me. vote for Ssaron Klawtail. Vote for an attempt at a better future and a better Trollsbane. You see all these people making promises of change and they will do this and do that. I will simply TRY my best at making a better place. Im a citizen too..and I want this town to change just as much as you all do. so vote for me and try to help me..help you.

~~Ssaron Klawtail~~
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

For those good town folk who read here, you see dear people of Bane, the same old rubbish, the squabbing over who wants to be the LEADER OF YOU.

But where will they lead you with all their words and newly written rules and parchments. Come to think of it, are you sheep that need to be led to fatten on the green grass they promise only to be up for slaughter when they impose their true will and wants on you like has happened every other time.

The truth is...

You don't want or need a leader.

YOU lead your own lives, YOU lead your daily affairs, YOU lead your own trade, craft, profession, YOU lead your own destiny and that of this town.

So what DO you NEED. -you need DRATHE BLUE-

To take care of parchments and the boring stuff while you get on with living your lives and molding the town to your needs and wants. It's simples!

GOVERNOR BLUE works for you.
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Citizens of Troll's Bane

I would be honored to serve on the Government Council of your fair town. I promise to work with the other people you choose and help you to build a great town, which works the way YOU want it to. A vote for me is a vote for you!

Kenfric Shalpert
Council Member Candidate
Juliette Benoit

Post by Juliette Benoit »

As so many have decided to post their goals in their positions, I will do so too. What I will not do is give any false promises, or tell you I will do things I know I can not.

What I will tell you all, is that if I am the one elected, I will do my very best to do what is best for the town and her people, and as long as the other future councilmembers and the future governor and I come to an agreement, which I am sure we would/will, I hope to make Troll's Bane a cheerful town, rid of war and filthy whores, full of festivities, and fun for everyone of any group or race. A peaceful town to raise your children, sell and buy wares, live in, and any other thing one may wish to do as long as there are no laws against it.

I am not saying all this is possible in one term, but if elected I will do my best as far as the other councilmembers and governor allow it, to make a good start if not more for this to become reality.

~Juliette Benoit
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

In the dead of a moonless night a bolt of lightning may take the eyes from the board for a moment yet when they return to begin reading again another parchment seems to have somehow been added.

People of Trolls Bane,

I have been asked to speak of my plans for the town if elected to the council. I have none. I have no idea what the people want, or need or desire therefore as a nominee for Council am at a distinct disadvantage yet will talk to everyone getting their ideas on what is best. All I can promise is the willingness to do just that.

Kyre
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

With the votes counted here are the results.

Uhuru 8

Juliette Benoit 8

Drathe Blue 3

Kyre 6

Kenfric 8

Fooser 10

Malluar 2

Ssaron 2

These have been kept accurate and all are the final tallies.

Congratulations to the winners and to the ones not getting enough votes hold your heads up high.
The great one

Post by The great one »

What a mess. Show winner categories, please.

~Unsigned.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Governor election:
Winner: Fooser with 10 votes
Second place: Uhuru with 8 votes
Third place: Drathe Blue with 3 votes
Fourth place: Malluar with 2 votes.

Councilor election:
Winner: Tie between Kenfric and Juliette with 8 votes each
Second place: Kyre with 6 votes
Third place: Ssaron with 2 votes

~The parchment is not signed
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

A lizard swims close to the town and leaves wet prints leading to the town board placing a fairly damp parchment at the end of all the others using a broken slat from a bucket to make sure it stays.

The witch compelled..

This word is crossed out and a new one written over the top.

..asked me to put this parchment here. There is definitely some problem though!

I have had a little trouble with a ritual that requires my full concentration to correct. Therefore will be unable to run again for councilor. It is good for me if both people that tie win both positions as councilor.

Kyre
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Greetings,

I was willing to do it the other way but since there is a tie I believe we should just do it as originally intentioned and accept the two winners for practical reasons.

F
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Congratulations to the winners. May you have a peaceful term.

shandra the tailor