Go forth, champion of me.

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

IStepOnHer

Go forth, champion of me.

Post by IStepOnHer »

He could hardly contain his enthusiasm as he began his treck through the desert. What luck that the Great King had given him, a mere peasant, a task directly from his own beautiful lips. Large gray eyes, shielded from the blazing sun by his hands, scan the sands for any sign of the rare godsflower. After this I really will be his champion! The thin and ragged man thinks to himself with a proud smile creeping across his dry, cracked lips. It would have been wise to bring water he was sure but why waste time when HE had sent him directly. FROM HIS OWN LIPS! One soft sigh after another escapes his throat as the heat and rough treck began to take it's toll. After some time he truely bagan to wish for a skin of cool water to quench the thirst which dried his tongue so.

But what was that there? That in the distance? An Oasis! Gods, you look upon me today as though I deserve it. Each numb leg somehow makes it way in front of the other, drawing him closer to the blurry trees on the searing horizon. After what seemed like an eternity the trees finally come within his touch and after taking a moment to note the reality of things he stumbles forward to the stream with a new yet still weary spring in his step. The liquid streaming down his throat brought a new life to him and he finally noted his extreme hunger. When was the last time he had eaten? Long before he had left on this quest that much was certain. Hark! Tangerines catch his eye, which no longer stung from the poke given to him by King Tirrends small and in his opinion, very ugly, woman.

After having his fill of juicy fruits and fresh water he looks over the desert again speculatively. Towards the rotworms? He fills his pockets with several tangerines and makes his way west. How long would it take to find the godsflower his love had sent him to find? Days? Weeks? No matter, it would find it!

"For the Great King!" He shouts to the skies loudly, fist held high.
Silo

Re: Go forth, champion of me.

Post by Silo »

A man sits in the second floor of the Troll's Bane library, a godsflower cradled in hand.

"He will never obtain his prize. Never! Tirrend... will... be... MINE."

A mad cackling may be heard to any who subsequently pass the library.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

~Someone checks her pocket every now and then to feel those gold coins. ~

Tirrend loves me, gold never lies.

~She whistles a nice tune while she heads for Northbridge. Adventure always around the next corner after all.~
IStepOnHer

Post by IStepOnHer »

The evening of his third day in Kumdah brought with it a cold chill to the unnamed mans bones. Almost made him wish for the blaring sun again...almost. Three days of tangerines and scrambling through the desert sands in mad attempts to flee from scorpions and rotworms but still not a trace of the elusive godsflower. Not even a mirage! Here and there he came across a sand berry or two and although not what he was searching for at least he could eat them. Still thoughts of his king gave him strength when he felt weak and sent him traipsing through the desert like a thin man looking for something in the middle of nothing. Which is what he was! Had he better eyes perhaps he'd have found one by now. The sun blinded him in the day and the the darkness? That was just impossible.

Then late in day, just before sunset he saw something so truly beautiful it almost brought tears to his tired eyes. Making a mad dash forward and diving down he cups it in his hands, clearly wilted but still very much alive, the godsflower. Thank the gods I got to you before it was too late. He breaths the words in a cooing manner and gently plucks it from the ground to bring it into his arms, cradling. Soon, my beautiful king, soon... Now he begins the walk back to the oasis for one more drink of cool water and a few more increasingly unsatisfying tangerines. What he wouldn't give for meat! Perhaps upon his return King Tirrend would shower him with a meal fit for...well...himself.

"Followed by that kiss!" He finishes his thought out loud and quite proudly. After having the pockets of his thin robe stuffed full of fruit and making sure that his prize was tucked safely away it was in his mind a good idea to make his exit from the desert and get a head start on his next destination. A black dragon.
IStepOnHer

Post by IStepOnHer »

Making his way to the dragon cave was the easiest part of his task so far. His moral was high and he felt confidant that things would go smoothly. Once he came upon the entrance however 'Jimmy' was not so sure. His first footsteps within brought him tumbling down to the ground in a hissy fit after having walked straight into a large and very old cobweb.

"Oof! Bah! I oughtta.." He shakes a fist at the remainder of the web that blew gently from in the breeze from the cave entrance. With the quickness his hand was over his mouth in an attempt to stop himself from letting out any other overly loud noises. After taking a moment to regain his somewhat goofy composure the man set forth on his way, stepping lightly and keeping close to the wall as the darkness loomed ahead. Every so often he would hear a sound, the dripping of water, a small rodent scurrying past, and each time he could swear it were louder than a roaring orc and his position would be given away. It must have taken him hours to get as far in as he finally had. Creeping away from foes along the way proved to be more frightening than he though he would be as in all actuality he had never seen these things up so close. How would he fear the dragon when it came time to do what he came to do?

Unfortunately he had no time to think any more on that for as he crept silently over a few large rocks he found he may already have stumbled upon one. He came to this conclusion of course due to the hot, foul breeze that brushed across his skin. It was close. Please be asleep...please be asleep... All movement froze. Even his breathing came to an abrupt halt as he realized the predicament. "Shhhh." He put a skinny finger to his lips, cooing desperately and also perhaps foolishly. A few steps more and he could hide safely behind a thick, broken slab of wall. What was that? A quiet sound echoed through the air ever so faintly. There it was again. A third time. Human voices... The thin man's breaths merely catches in his throat at the realization. Who could it be...?
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

~Kenfric hangs a notice on the town board:~

Missing in a Dragon Cave somewhere on the Mainland.

Tirrend Skye

Rest in Peace, Baron von Hotpants.

~Kenfric turns and walks away.~