What Madness is this town!

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Returner

What Madness is this town!

Post by The Returner »

*Mannelig walks up to the board, obviously burned with some kind of magic*

Earlier today, I was walking down the street smoking my pipe, and suddenly, wound up in the skeleton woods, where two mages, and Elf and a Human were doing who knows what, with a red magic skeleton!

I was so disgruntled, I flead back to town where I gathered some expedition gear to go and pilfer some Sibanic from the Trolls. When I returned some time later, this same Elf, Human, Uhuru, Evie, and at least one other were filling Eliza's with Cows and Sheep! What ridiculous nonsense! And then they began SLAUGHTERING the cows and sheep with lightning magic!

I guess I shall stick to Caelum from now on. There obviously is no order here.

~Mannelig of Caelum
Po Will

Re: What Madness is this town!

Post by Po Will »

A small, yet tall Halfling walks about, whistling a joyful tune humming and rhyming to apparently please himself. He looks on the notice, and can't help but grin as he pulls out a piece of parchment and a old, well used quill from within his old, Littlethorn coat.

Welcome to Gobaith! Where mages are as thick as thieves and any morally corrupt arse can be taught more than they ever should. Just be happy they didn't set their sights on yourself, for to make use of you as a practical joke.

In Elara's wisdom,
~ Tiyron Trill Talltalker Littlethorn. ~
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

*Mannelig walks up to the board, and pins a note*

Tiyron,

Thank you for your welcome. It is as I can see, the only welcome I have gotton. But I fear I am already a bit of a joke. With the coldness towards my being an Orc and able to comprehend simple language, I have become something of an outcast. It seems to me, when I was here years ago, the land was warmer and more welcoming. Now it is chaotic, unorganized, and agenda-driven. Besides a few kind and generous folk, whom have made me feel more or less at home, at least.

I long for the days I can sit beside a campfire without worry of being transported to the depths of the forest, or something so absurd. Also for the day I can prepare wares to sell to Eliza without a vertible zoo in the shop.

~Mannelig of Caelum
Silo

Post by Silo »

I'm sorry.

Love,
Gabriel
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Dont believe it, I know he is lying.
He meant everything he did!

~unsigned~
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

A note written in a flowing handwritting is placed apon the board near the other notes but slightly apart.

Firstly, I would welcome you to trolls bane but with haveing a number of incidents and betrayals by orks I hope you will understand my reluctance to be around the race.
Secondly ,not all of the mages on the island take pleasure in such slaughter or foolishness in inapproiate places.
And lastly, Trolls Bane has known times of great prosperity and times of depravity. It's people make it what it is for better or worse, but this is true for all cities.
May the five bless your travels and may you find the home you seek.

shandra the tailor
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

*Mannelig pins two notes on the board*

Unsigned,

I have learned not to trust anyone, especially not in this land. As far as I know, you could be just a troublemaker yourself.

Shandra,

It makes very little sense to me, to blame the actions of a race on select individuals. I am an orc. Should I be responsible for what other orcs have done? Should Elfinkind be responsible for one or two of what Elves do? Dwarves? Humans? Halflings?

I am very much aware that perhaps not all mages act out in such childish, immature, and annoying ways. But I would have assumed that someone educated enough to learn magic, would at least use it in a way that didn't persistantly interupt day to day business of the town! After all, we live or visit this town, and coming to a town filled of portals, animals in the shops, and mages casting freely, is not very welcoming to anyone who should choose to settle. It seems to me the officials in charge of 'guarding' this town are more concerned with 'guarding' their coffers, and to be damned the rest of us.

~Mannelig of Caelum
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

You will soon learn, that becoming a user of the arcane arts on this island no longer requires much of an intellect or much of a brain at all. What you need is a huge ego, and a willingness to suck up to your teacher. Most mages are childish arseholes that think they know things they have no idea about.

~the post remains unsigned
Lenloyd

Post by Lenloyd »

And you are one of them.

Love. Best wishes.

unsigned.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

I'm not a mage, but I see you might be one due to your comment lacking intellect.
~this parchment too remains unsigned
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Does anyone feel bold enough to post names? This anonymous bickering is a bit...juvenile.

~Mannelig of Caelum
Taiah

Post by Taiah »

Caiah tilts her head reading the board appearing quite puzzled then whispers softly to someone not seen as if they stood next to her "No, I don't understand it either, perhaps we will ask?" before beginning to write. There is a small parchment underneath the rest with a simple question on it.

Mannelig of Caelum,

Is your parchment a simple complaint of one experience in town, a statement of action to avoid the town, or do you have something to propose?

Dame Caiah Daekash
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

I am rarely in town due to the fact that I spend most of my time on the gathering of thread and dye supplies for clothing. I do however find it amusing that you would think I was a troublemaker when I was willing to sign my name to what i wrote. I do not hold all orks responsible for the actions of a few, I merely ment that due to your race I found it more dificult to be near one of your race due to such bad memories. I ment no offence.
Dane Caiah does bring up an interesting point though. I am looking forward to your next response.

shandra the tailor
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

*Mannelig walks up to the board and shakes his head, he writes below Shandra's parchment*

Shandra,

My statement above was in relation to the unsigned posters having a private battle of insults. I ment nothing to say to you, other then the theoretical questions posed.

*Mannelig then takes a prepared statement out of his bag, and pins it to the board neatly below Caiah's*

Dame Caiah Daekash and others,

This is the most recent "Experience" I have had. It was to my understanding Trolls Bane, a city of ramparts, walls, shops businesses and civilians had a working policy of guardianship. This is evidenced by there being 'laws' and a town guard, who seems to alternate between inactive and corrupt with some daily regularity. I would like to assert that the people of this town, and its locality, consider heavily to keep a professional, albeit not uptight outlook on their own personalities. I returned to these lands, after many years apart, and I have seen many things. From this flourishing town, years ago to the burned ruins of others not so lucky.

I would implore that the citizens take their own lives slightly more seriously, rather then treating life, and others lives as a playground.

I will, until these somewhat nessecary though common sense changes occur, be living in Caelum and visiting Trolls Bane with some regularity as a pass through between Caelum and the nessecities of my profession.

Ever Humble,

Mannelig of Caelum
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

It is, of course, difficult for one who has been away for so long to grasp the current situation of a land. Its people have been through much, and, while this does not excuse them of their actions, it does provide insight into why things are so.

Your observations are isolated incidents and by no means representative of all people living in Troll's Bane. I would ask yourself to realize this, in the same manner that you ask others to trust in your words. Hasty judgments do little but offend those who have done nothing to deserve such.

Alli Zelos
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

*Mannelig reads the parchment with slight frustration, and shakes his head*

Alli,

I hope neither to offend or alienate the good people of Trolls Bane. I am quite sure that both the good people and the malicious people know full well their actions and their impacts. There have been few, be it select few, in this town that have made my re-integration to the society of gobiath relatively smooth. There are however, a multitude of malicious, immature people in this locality who would prefer to live solely for the benefit of their own devious creations, and not consider once the peers around them.

I understand the value of "isolated incidents", however it can be said that any incident is in its way isolated and then becomes subjective. For example, I do not find portals from east to west, north to south, across paths, in shops, and around abandoned fire pits nearly every day at the mid "Isolation".

~Mannelig of Caelum