Never the same

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Adam McKing

Never the same

Post by Adam McKing »

At one time or another he was a part of something. His life had a meaning, a purpose, and it was this that kept him going every single day. He was the Prince of the small Elvish band who call themselves the Bleeding Star clan. His father was extremely intelligent and was well versed in magic. He was told by his own father that he himself would mentor him one day, and pass down his knowledge from one generation to the next. Learning to use magic was the first step in taking over the throne, and becoming King of the Bleeding Star clan.

This was cut short. A band of barbarians attacked the Bleeding Stars while they slept, killing all and taking no survivors. Except for Dhazmia, who was the only one to escape. The last of his people, and the last of his name and noble line.
__

((open rp))
Dhazmia leaned against eliza's shop and took in a deep breath. 'Fresh face in a new place. Applied for the Magic Academy....but how else am I going to make it here?'

He stuck his hands deep into his pockets and leaned his head backwards to look upward into the sky. His thoughts raced and raced yet he was also glad he was in a new place. Thoughts of his home pierced his heart, and being as far away as possible seemed like an upside to him. Still he stared up at the sky letting the world go by.
Agrimur Farenson

Re: Never the same

Post by Agrimur Farenson »

Agrimur was forced to bribe the guard at the northern gate with some of his selfmade ale to allow his wolf-youngling into town. She sniffed around anxiously, reminding him once more that behind her fierce appearance and her wild energy she still was half a pupp. Her sand-and-cream fur shivered nervously, as she had never been around people but himself. Agrimur realized he had got to look out for her even more intensively as he had imagined when he took her in, after having slewn all of her pack some nights past. The young she-wolf still limped from the skin-deep cut on her left shoulder, but he had looked into it with her barring her teeth at him out of pain. It would soon be fully healed, he had no doubt in that.
The left wolf-ear where he had bitten her in order to get her to subordinate was already scarred, it would never again look as pretty as its right counterpart.

His own biting wounds had given him a fever, that was the only reason he took the trip to town after realizing the herbs stored in the Nordmark, his hometown up in the far north of Gobaith, were nowhere near enough help and there was no way finding sufficient ones in the middle of winter. He needed to find a druid to have a look on the infestered wounds. The wolves he had fought had all had foamy slobber in front of their mouths. Maybe they had been sick, the whole pack.

The unfitting couple, a halfgrown she-wolf and her male human guardian, started strolling down towards Eliza's. Agrimur was bound to trade the pack of wolffurs on his back into coin, if he wanted to pay a healer for his wounds. He was a young man, in between twenty and twenty-five, with a scrubby blond beard and likewise, shoulder-length hair that he had braided partially in order to keep it out of his face. His clothing, as far as visible, was part leather, part flex-levelled wool, combined with a huge cloak of wolffurs - if one wanted to guess, it had to have been around five to eight wolfs in that cloak, making it seem heavy and especially warm at the same time. Agrimur was armed with a short bow, sticking free-length in his quiver and a small axe and a sax knife on his belt. Green, sparkling eyes and a rather unpleasant series of four parallel scars from the right forehead down to the cheek battled on the matter if he was good-looking or not. The fact that he was sick and wounded was visible in the small, carefull steps he took and the slightly feverish glance in his eyes and the sweat on his face despite the cold of the day...
Adam McKing

Post by Adam McKing »

Dhazmia closed his eyes for a moment to allow the cool breeze to sweep past his face. He inhaled slowly, and then exhaled before opening his eyes again. As they opened they became caught upon the figure approaching from the road. The closer the figure, who Dhazmia could now see was a human male, got the closer Dhazmia studied him and his companion. It to him was a way of staying safe. Always on the alert. He took in what he was wearing, his current peculiar looking state, and the fact that the very sight of this man caused his stomach to twist and turn. This man reminded Dhazmia of death.

When the man drew near enough to Dhazmia he kept his focus on him, watching.
Agrimur Farenson

He bowed down and fixed a leather band around the nameless she-wolf's neck, binding her to one of the pillars in front of the shops. As he stood back up, stifly as every movement seemed to send pure agony through his all-overly aching body, Agrimur realized there were eyes on him, and they were not friendly.

Slowly, he turned around to face whomever was watching him, his hand automatically on the hilt of his small axe as if resting there occasionally.

Whomever he had awaited to see here - his sister, one of his tribe, someone he might have wronged during his last visit that ended in a drunken sleep in the tavern - this was worse.

The figure standing there, watching him closely all over made his hands clutch into fists and his anger flush wide open. It was an elf. Of all people on the island, it had to be one of the cursed pointy-ears.

"Quite me lucky day..." Agrimur murmured to himself, looking his opponent all over likewise, focusing in his open, almost offensive manner.

"Anythin' yer lookin' at 'specially, treehugger? I'm not inter boys, so bugger off!" He announced coldly, his eyes a threatening glare mixed with feverish pain.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Having made the potions at the harbor as promised, Cay walks back to Trolls Bane taking her time as she gathers more herbs. With long straight dark hair covering most of her pale face as she scans the ground with dark brown eyes, she easily passes the southern entrance to Trolls Bane in her distraction and moves toward the east entrance without a second thought. Her steps suddenly falter at Eliza's looking at the two strangers not hearing any comment previously, yet before she can greet them a gasp escapes from her lips. Managing to move quicker then some would imagine, she steps back not seeing the wolf was tied up, her hands protectively cover a large belly appearing as if she could deliver any day.

Wolf!
Adam McKing

Post by Adam McKing »

Dhazmia let a sneer show on his face, he was obviously very unhappy at the presence of the man. He watched as his hands fell upon the hilt of his weapon and he growled beneath his breath. 'Would be that one of you damned sheep lovers would try and start something.'

Dhazmia's hands fell back and slid into his pockets, and with a lopsided grin he spoke again. 'It's obvious to me that you're in no shape to fight right now as it is, human. I watched you enter through the gates down the way. It looks like you're limping and whether or not that's natural I don't care. What points it all out is your fever. You shouldn't pick fights you're not in the intention of finishing. Wise words.'

As he was eying the man, he'd not noticed the woman approach and before he could speak once more her scream rang through the air. Dhazmia jerked his head to the side to look at the woman..
Agrimur Farenson

That arrogant brat of an elf made him angry, oh yes, so angry... Agrimur could feel the white flash of hatred in his brains as anything the elves and mages had done to him and his beloved ones over the years came rushing back at once. It was not for the words the elf used - sheep lover, really, that from someone who could not differentiate a mossy knothole from a pretty female - but for the shriek of the woman, that he kept his tongue.

The people of the Norodaj might have hatred for elves and blunt steel for any mage, but children and defenceless women, no matter what race they might have, were sacred to most Norodaj, how even more for pregnant women!
Protectively and reassuringly, he reached out calmingly with his arms, stepping in between her and his she-wolf. "Nay, don', she's all good now, an' she's bound up, ye see, no harm done by the little one - jus' couldn' let 'er out all on 'er own, withou' 'er pack an' all... She won' hurt ye, I won' let 'er."

Hoping to having her comforted enough, he turned halfway back to the elf, snarling a "I could take the likes o' ye even on me deathbed, soft-skinned boylover..." underneath his breath, as he returned to face the black-haired pregnant woman.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Taking one more step back, Cay almost trips on her heavy bag as it slides from her shoulder, yet manages to stop her fall by throwing both arms out. Unfortunately the bag flies up in the air spilling quite a few herbs, a small amount of coin and a spare sickle before landing just as the barbarian begins to speak. A blush begins to cover her cheeks at his words while a relieved giggle and the beginning of a smile is seen at her glance to the wolf.

Bending down to retrieve bag and contents, Cay pauses in that position to look up puzzled at the elf then the barbarian hearing his whispered comment. In the forefront of her mind was the druid mandate of neutrality, that perhaps she could help with any differences the two seemed to be having... correctly interpreting the animosity felt from them both. Giving herself a moment to ponder the situation and what should be done, she starts to pick up more contents from the ground before speaking as her promise to Felix reigns foremost in her mind. Finally muttering, she nods as if a decision is made while mumbling softly to herself.

Alright, I may be able to help and still remain safe like I promised.

Speaking louder, Cay brushes some hair from a face showing a couple of smudges of dirt from her herb gathering efforts and gives both a smile in turn.

Greetings, my name is Cay.

She then addresses her words to the barbarian as her eyes note his condition while a look of concern crosses her features.

Are you ill, can I help...I'm a druid.
Agrimur Farenson

She dropped all her stuff in her fear of the little wolf. Agrimur saw it with regret, especially as she bowed down to pick them back up, her fat belly always in her way. Realizing how rude it was to just stand there and stare, he hurriedly got down to his right knee, the left leg stretched out stiffly as he tried to help her gather some feathers, herbs and her sicle.

He also heard her murmuring to herself, but could not understand a single word she was muttering and decided her words were not for him anyway.

"Well met, Cay, ye can call me Agrimur. I can' tell ye how relieved I am ter find a druid so soon, was lookin' fer one o' yer kind, ye know." Standing back up, trying to hide the agony that at once shot up his left leg like fire, he shortly closed his eyes until he had found his balance again and blinked away any tears before she could recognize them. Norodaj do not show pain. In order to play over this short pause of his, he now started telling her shortly about his problem. "I got meself bitten by some sick wolves ou' in the northern forest... Tended the wounds all meself, 's usual, bu' I can see when they get infestered an' where me knowledge ends. Some assistance an' especially some herbs woul' be very 'preciated."

While talking, he assured to turn slowly around to prevent getting the elven enemy at his back.

"I can' pay ye at once, though, have ter change those furs inter coin first. I know ye druids don' like the killin' o' animals. If those hadn' been sick, they'd never have attacked me. 't's quite sad fer me too, ye know." He looked at her apologizingly, a bit like a small boy showing his mum that he has accidentally crushed a grasshopper while running through the grass.
Adam McKing

Post by Adam McKing »

For a split second Dhazmia's head spun and he began to grow angry. Sparks began to form at his finger-tips but he seemed to be holding back. 'I could kill you with a wave of my hand, bring you back to this realm as my slave and keep you around for the rest of your eternal life. I'm NOT someone you want to be threatening, human.' He spoke coldly and convincing, yet he was lying. He was trying to get his bluff in. Nobody knew him here.

He looked over the woman then, letting a smile cross his face as if his entire mood had changed in an instant. 'You don't have anything to worry about lady. I don't think the savage will let his beast off its chains.'

He placed his hands back into his pockets then, the sparks dissipating.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Cay grimaces in sympathy as the barbarian stands handing her the last of the bag's contents recognizing the pain in his face before hidden while sudden concern overcomes any embarrassment she felt. Appearing much calmer now with druid training foremost in her mind, Cay shakes her head speaking softly.

We don't accept payment Agrimur, and I would be happy to look at that leg though we need to get you to the hospital and I am not sure you can walk the long distance, perhaps he can help me get you there?

Turning to the elf with the smile suddenly dissipating from her face while eyes widen staring at the sparks, his words finally register. Overcoming gradually her past fear of all mages has been at times difficult yet on the whole she was proud of her progress. The present circumstances however, brought everything to the fore as her knees began to shake and a brief sudden urge to run and hide overcame all reason. Breathing rapidly..almost gasping, Cay attempts to stop her panic mumbling to herself.

I am a druid, someone needs healing.

More calm with the dissipation of the sparks, Cay speaks to the elf with less then a professional, soothing voice, in fact more of a squeak then she would like to admit yet eyes glance up and down the road hoping someone else would happen along.

Sir, can you help me get him to the hospital?
Agrimur Farenson

Agrimur grimaced at the elf's tirade on how he would be able to destroy the Norodaj. Part of him believed it at once, those mages were not to be bantered about, but another part of him whispered He is lying, or at least bluffing, just look - it's only sparks!

While his twin sister Fenramur would have attacked the elf without blinking now, just to see how much of his gibberish was true, Agrimur had always been the calmer, more carefull one of them. He had experienced a mage's power just some weeks back, getting in a fight with one of them in the local tavern. She had wounded him deadly, then healed him, then wounded him again and so on and so forth, just out of sadism. Agrimur was not in the mood to experience it all over again. Still, he had to make one more point, just to keep up appearances - what if anyone was watching them? He could not draw back so easily, not a Nordmarker, not in public!

"If ye think yer sparks impress me, ye got the wrong end o' the stick, Elf. If 't wasn' fer the sweet druid 'ere, I'd no' think twice before makin' a mess, skin ye an' use yer hide ter... well, ye don' want ter know" he weakened his own reply, looking at Cay's frightened face.

"No fear, Cay, those mages are nothin' if no' burstin' with hot air. He won' harm ye, he 'as no reason, an' there's sure as Mas some guard aroun' 'ere somewhere." He then unbound the leash of the she-wolf, taking it in his hand. The creature sniffed in Cay's direction, but he drew it back and hobbled in front of it.
"I can manage tha' little part o' the way, lass, I go' down all the way from Nordmark on me own. 'ts really nothin', no need ter cuddle with elven mages..."
The last two words were said with the greatest disdain he could find inside him. However, it was not much left, because suddenly the world began to blur in front of his eyes. After all this march, he finally found his destination - strucked down in front of Eliza's shop, in the capable hands of a beautiful druid and with a salty wolf's tongue all over his face.
Adam McKing

Post by Adam McKing »

Dhazmia sighed then, looking the woman over. His angered face seemed to calm down as he looked her over, and he was sorry. 'I did not mean to scare you miss. Hostility's gotten me quite angered more now'days than it used to. I am sorry.' He managed to get out of his mouth before he watched the man topple over into the arms of the woman. He pushed himself from the wall and without hesitation lifted one of the man's arms around his neck and supported his weight. 'I don't think you would be able to get him to the hospital yourself. We're fortunate he passed out. Now we can rid ourselves of him in a nice hospital bed. Far away from me.'

'I'm not familiar with this town yet. Lead on miss.' He spoke calmly. 'I don't normally do that. Lately it has just been hard for me to control my temper when it comes to certain things. Especially when I had done nothing at all to deserve that. What can you expect from a savage though?' Shaking his head, he shifted the weight of the man on his shoulder. 'Not the lightest.'

'So you are a healer of some sort miss?'
Agrimur Farenson

He swam in an lake of beer, sibanac leaves gliding on the surface like abnormal, wonderful water lilies. Finally, the pain was gone. Agrimur smiled happily and dove in deep - or at least he tried.

Someone moved his right arm, pulling him upwards, out of the wonderfull mixture of painkilling drogues and his favourite alcohol.
Something broke open.

Agrimur gave a painfull scream - no, it was no scream, it was a mere groan - and woke up, finding himself hanging in mid air, his arm attached to an elf's neck. His carrier was talking to the druid, as it seemed, Agrimur did not take the time to listen closely.

"So you are a healer of some sort, Miss?" The Norodaj moved his head up, turning his face towards the elf's. As he spoke, his breath blew over the elf's fine pale skin. "I though' I told ye I'm no' inter cuddlin' with boys..." He laughed weakly about his own lame joke, and tried to support his weight with his sound leg, still leaning heavily on the elf.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Cay immediately forgot any hesitation she had of the elf as she attempts to grab the failing barbarian realizing all she could manage was to support his head as he fell. It was surprising she accomplished that with her petite body appearing quite frail if not for her large belly at under five feet in height. Giving a brief giggle at the wolf licking Agrimur dispelled any lingering concern about the animal. Hearing the elf's words was an obvious relief as a tentative smile grew on her lips at his willingness to assist while she spoke with some distraction.

Yes, druids among other things are also healers. May I ask your name Sir?

Laying a brief hand on Agrimur's shoulder to calm him in his delirium, Cay begins to walk in front of the elf showing him the way, anxious to get the barbarian in the hospital and look at his leg. Worry the infection had moved from his leg to his blood increased her pace while she barely paid attention to anything but the task at hand until her eyes glanced across the bridge and her pace suddenly halted while eyes widened as she pointed, one word escaping her lips at the myriad of mummies seen roaming the street ahead of them.

Mas!
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Braaaaaaains!

*Eli awoke with a start only to find a bloodthirsty zombie pressing down on his sleeping position near the Oasis of Hope. Groggy and confused Eli defensively holds his hand up. The bloodlust creature slashes out with a dagger and catches him across the palm. The pain is instant and blood splatters the sand sending the zombie into a mad frenzy for more. As a surge of adrenaline shoots into his veins Eli counters with a few hasty words and the wave of his good hand. The creature goes flying into the night air and lands with a bone crunching thud a few paces away. Now with the advantage of distance Eli quickly procures his wand and flicks it lavishly toward the fiend. Instantly the creature is frozen stiff and Eli takes the opportunity to examine the creature as he comes toward it.

He'd seen this type of zombie before and they differed from your everyday crypt zombie. Their iris and sclera were blood red in both eyes and it took no genius to see that it was stricken with some sort of madness. Killing it would do no good until the sun was high enough to scorch its unholy remains. Time was not on his side and judging by the moon's position it was barely midnight. Open terrain was no place for a mage and he quickly started tracing an intricate rune in the air with his wand and mumbling,*

Troll's Bane Shop

*Prepared for battle he entered the shop only to find it empty, although, he could make out a few figures in the distance through the window. Three of them, one wounded, and with his eyes focused securely on a spot in the distance he called out a spell vanishing in an instant. He landed in smooth stride right next to the group just in time to hear the frightened woman call out one simple phrase,*

Mas!

*Though his heart caught slightly when he followed the woman's outstretched finger and saw a throng of deranged mummies across the bridge his mind instantly reacted and formulated words in his mouth. Stepping forward around the three encumbered travelers Eli bellows a phrase of words from an ancient origin loud enough for all to hear. From his wand comes a whirl of wind so strong that it forms into a funnel and jets out toward the encroaching line of zombies. Then in a blur of rotten flesh, swirling wind, and snowy earth the magical tornado blasts the fiends away from the group of four now. In the distant you'll see some of the mangled bodies pummel the nearby buildings while others twirl high into the air before falling and crunching against the ground. Not giving the relentless creatures a chance to give chase the mage quickly flicks his wand once more and a solid wall of rock cuts off the pass between the library and the tavern. Turning back to the small group Eli issues one simple, bizarrely calm, order,*

Fall back to the shop, its safe there, bar the doors and I will return when the streets are clear.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

A certain Halfling, had resigned himself to his 'prison' in the library. Who could argue? Wine, good reading material; and a grand view of the chaos below. Wait for it to be over, wait until daybreak, and watch the proud legs and proud ears deal with these beasts. That had been the plan, and a grand plan it had been. Sure, he had to suffer the sight of some poor beggar being disemboweled and one unlucky sod being carried away; his voice shrill as it screamed for help that never came, but at least he was safe. For the moment at least.

Having drank his wine away on that first night, the taste cooling his nerves as a moan here, a scream there came and went. As he awoke the next day, the sun high in the sky, splitting the the town in a half he smiled. Yes, he had a hangover, yes he must have looked a as untidy as those walking... corpses? But at least he was alive, and not disemboweled -That's always a plus- and with that thought in his mind, he staggered to the stairs, and went down. Right into the sight and length of a corpses' blades.

"Aww bugger. "

The Halfling barely had time to mutter those words as a rusty dagger came slashing in an arch shape, catching him briefly on the shoulder and sending flesh' young blood trickling down dagger and clothe. Muttering curses, and prayers for total and eternal damnation upon the creature, he staggered back upstairs. Thinking quickly, he tears off the rest of his left should's worth of clothe, it having been stained and ruined by his blood. He ties a strip of the torn clothe just above the wound, using his mouth to hold it whilst he tightens the little knot he created.

Cursing some more, and damning even more, he moves to the balcony and shouts:

"Anyone in town!?"

Hardly expecting a quick reply, he goes to settle himself back in those chairs he had drunk himself to sleep when he hears:

"Yess!"
"DONT OPEN THE LIBRARY"
"be careful of mummiesss!"
"do NOT open the library!"

Well, as one could imagine , this warning in regards to the position in which he had taken turned out to be a rather big dud. The Halfling simply whimpers some more curses, this time to himself for picking this damned building. Chuckling slightly, the Halfling shouts back a reply:

"I'm in the bloody library!"

With that said, the response which the Halfling half expected:

"ssshit!"

Another Mas, another pain in the ass was all the Halfling could allow his mind to tell him. Later, two people came, the proud leg by the name Tirrend and some Lizard. They had said run to the shops, and the Halfling did, he ran all the way there, to be slashed by a mummie as he stepped into the room. A splatter of blood gushed out at once, this mummie having caught his left arm as like the one before whilst he held it up to shield himself.

Hardly thinking, allowing his feet take over, the Halfling dashed between the beasts legs and ran for the other door, only to be cornered two other mummies. Muttering, he ran and ran until he climbed one of the gatehouses and sighed:

"Honestly, should have stayed in the bloody library.."
Adam McKing

Post by Adam McKing »

He looked across the man and nodded towards the woman. 'Dhazmia Drayke. Not from around here.'

He stopped in his tracks then as Cay gasped and yelled once more. He focused his eyes down the road and spotted.. corpses? Walking corpses! Yet as quickly as he had spotted them a massive fire-storm erupted around and decimated most of the corpses before a gigantic stone wall appeared out of thin air. Magic. The man had commanded them to do something. 'Fall back to the shop, its safe there, bar the doors and I will return when the streets are clear.' It all seemed to be happening quickly. What a place had he chosen to stay. What had he gotten himself into?

Adjusting the man's weight on his shoulder again he couldn't help but laugh at his comment. 'Shut it human.' He spoke in a lighter tone this time. Shaking his head when he was finished. 'Right. This all was really magnificent. The magic and all. But we should listen to the man and get over there and hold down the fort.' He motioned back towards the shop they had just recently walked from.

'Let's get him back there and you can take a look at him Cay. I'll do what I can to help barricade and defend the shop.'
Agrimur Farenson

It all happened way too fast for his clouded mind, although of course nothin' helps sober ye up like an army o' corpses an' a mage witchin' wildly all o'er the place...

Agrimur managed to hopp on one leg, helping the elf towing the Norodaj's clumsy half-self back into the shop. With feeble voice he called "Átta!", glad to realize the she-wolf followed them inside without the slightest hesitation.

As he understood that Cay was about to start looking into his wounds, he turned his head rejecting the offer for now. "No - no healin' time now. Give me some beer, druid, an' a bi' o' sibanac in it if ye have... Then 'elp me tighten me bow. No one is goin' ter say tha' Agrimur, son o' Faren, lay on 'is lazy back while an elven mage defended 'im from an army o' undead."

He pushed himself away from the elf, halfway sitting on Eliza's table, grinning at her indignant hissing.
Realizing Cay was of course not just handing him his bow and some drugs as easy as that, he frowned at her, ignoring the feeling of trickling blood underneath his leather armour, over his bare chest and the cramping left calf, where she would not be able to see it. At least not before the fighting was done and it was too late for her to stop him. This was blind stupidity, if not madness, but his first duty was not to himself, never had been. It was to the selfless pregnant girl now, who had been happy to help him, even if it might bestow a magic elf's anger upon her and her child.

"Go on, lass, I'm stronger than I look. Get me me weapons, 'specially me bow. Trust me, if they get through those doors, ye'll be glad fer every second I can guard yer unborn child from their wrath..."

He knew that his eyes most surely were glistening not only with the fire of battle, but also of fever. But his before so feeble voice was firm and secure now, letting no place for doubts, ifs or whens. The Norodaj had found his strength again, even if it might mean for the last time. But he was so thirsty... he really wished she might hand him a strong drink before he came to his death. Dying a thirsty man was only half as glorious a death.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Before Cay had time to blink, a man materialized next to the group and began to speak in the mage's language. Cay's slight flinch was followed by a smile of recognition as the man she secretly called the Eldan Mage, unable at the moment to remember his name, cleared the way for them to turn toward Eliza's. Trying to keep up with Dhazmia's long pace, even as he helped Agrimur was difficult yet she had time to see the halfling lead a mummy from both doors before he ran toward the gate hopefully to remain safe in the turret.

When they arrived at Eliza's, Cay began to remove medicines from her bag laying them on the table in preparation to treat the barbarian's leg even as he was speaking, yet the mention of his bow reminded her of Felix and the promise to remain safe. Giving him a slow reluctant nod, Cay hands him bow and quiver finally yet whispers demonstrating as much stubborness in her duties as a druid as the barbarian.

Sit on the table to guard us then in case you have to shoot..don't move that leg, I can look at it from here.

Hearing the shouts in the street that the mummies were gone for now brought an immediate smile to her face even as she continued to clean the wound and add pastes to prevent infection and swelling. Gazing into his green eyes, the relief in her voice was obvious.

You need to stay off this leg for awhile Agrimur, but this paste should help prevent any more fever. Do you have any other wounds?

Quickly looking him over noting the scars on his face, Cay glanced toward Dhazmia, again asking for his help with a slight blush on her face.

The second floor of the hospital would be safer if the mummies return.
Adam McKing

Post by Adam McKing »

Dhazmia nods slowly. 'Will do.' He looks over to Agrimur. 'If I help you out can you make it up the stairs? It's not too far.' Motioning towards the stairs. 'Plus she is right. The second floor would be the best. I can help him up Cay, just head upstairs and I will meet you there with him. Then I'll barricade off a few places downstairs just to slow any of those things down.'

With that he began walking slowly towards the stairs with the barbarian. It was ironic. A few minutes earlier they were insulting eachother and now he's helping to cure the same man. Perhaps Dhazmia could still be good to people. Goodness was not something he saw in himself...or that was his opinion on the matter, but this single incident was making Dhazmia feel different. Strange. He felt like he used to, when he was back home with his clan. He couldn't dwell on this feeling though, not long. He still had to help out Agrimur, and do his part in protecting these people. Newcomer, foreigner, outsider, or otherwise labeled he felt like he had an obligation to help these people. And he was going to.

He looked over at Agrimur then. 'Are you alright this far, can you make it up?' He asked as he motioned up from the foot of the stairs. 'You're tough. You can make it, camon.'
Agrimur Farenson

She hesitated, but she gave him his weapons. Good lass, ye will make a great mother if we can keep ye safe up till then.

He nodded to the question if he could make it up the stairs. He would make it up, even if he had to crawl, but as for now, the adrenaline in his blood, that was still trickling down his chest underneath the leather armour - blazing in the burn in the middle of his chest - made all the agony bearable.
"I'd make 't five floors up if I had ter. The hospital is no problem, man." He himself then noticed he had not called his helper elf, but referred to him as man - quite a difference if elf had been the first swearword since you were a babe!

As he hopped up the stairs, he realized the pastes Cay had put on the biting - or rather - tearing wounds on his calf soothed the pain and the heat in the deeply ripped, infestered flesh. Finally up, he needed her help to remove his armour and show her his bare upper part of the body, trained strong shoulders but slim waist and hips, especially for a Norodaj. He insisted on keeping his weapons close, although he would not be able to use them while she was treating him.

There were old scars right next to new ones, most of the old ones insignificant cuts that showed he had lived a dangerous, but never deadly life so far. The life of a ranger or hunter, not a warrior.
Agrimur got his now bloody bandages off on Cay's demand.
The first glance had to fall on a burn right in the middle of his chest, a gruesom look at first, crumpled white to no skin left, and dark flesh underneath where the man had rid himself of the dead skin. Some clear liquid was seeping out of there, but although it looked pretty serious and painfull, a skilled healer could see at once that the Norodaj had tended that wound quite fine.
She could see a great old scar that reached from his right thigh up to his right hip, as if a wolf had bitten him over and over and over again, tearing flesh and trying to splinter the big bones of that area. That wound however was several years old and had been closed up by unskilled, yet very orderly and clean stitches - it looked a bit as if a tailor had done a healer's job there. The scars however were magnificent.

Another old scar was right underneath the second bandage to be removed, his left forearm. There were already healed scars, also looking like bites, about the same age as the thigh scars, but over them there were fresh defence wounds the Norodaj had seemingly looked after himself. They were still open, but not too deep, and healed good.

His right shoulder, however, was a different matter. It smelled exactly like the calf had, sweetly and sickening, the flesh deep red around the torn open parts, blood, pus and mesentery mixing together in a thick, ugly chaos.
"Pretty bad, huh?" He asked as he saw her shocked face. Some veins leading away from the wounded shoulder were visible through his pale northern skin, dark, pulsing things full with bad blood.
"See now why I came ter ye. I'm quite good with treatin' meself, bu' that one's a nasty bitch, won' close, an' won' heal. It's infestered, I tell ye, those wolves were sick..." He looked her over, who was still not saying a word, and his confusion made clear that she was not as easy to read as he had hoped. "So lass, wha's the judgement... will I make 't? Or was tha' me last hunt before I sail ter Tanora's realms an' dine a' Malachin's table?"
Although he most certainly had to be joking, his sparkling green eyes for once were blank serious. He knew the risk of that wound.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*The man clad in black garbs, roughly 6' in height, turns his head on the spot making sure the group's path from left to right is clear. As they retreat back to the shop he only offers them a fleeting nod before he raises his wand, adorned with a glistening ruby jewel, once more. His aim is set on the two mummies giving chase to the poor halfling. With a few choice words and a snap of his wrist the lead mummy is stopped dead in his tracks plummeting face first onto the cold cobblestone street. Subsequently, the same spell is issued to the second mummy and it falls headlong between either cheek of the first. Then without a moments hesitation Eli advances toward the fallen creatures, and you might catch a glimpse of his pale features beneath the mantle of his hood. A keen eye might even catch the reflection of green eyes and the peculiar scarring that runs down the left side of his face.

The fallen mummies don't stand a chance as Eli draws closer and once again summons the power of the wind. In an instant both can be seen flailing about as they are flung over the high walls of Troll's Bane. If your vantage point is high enough this sort of action spans across the entire city as he moves through the streets clearing the undead infestation. By the time he feels confident that passage from the shop to the hospital is safe and starts to make his way back to Eliza's the group of three is already passing the line of hedges and nearing the two story hospital. He can't help but smirk at their resiliency and determination as he finds himself approaching the group yet again.*

Sorry I couldn't clear the streets fast enough, I saw that the man was heavily wounded and wanted to make sure the streets were completely safe before my return.

*Eli sighs deeply and looks around at the mayhem left behind by the ravenous zombies. Still with his ornate wand at his side he approaches the hospital to escape the chaos even if it would only lasted a moment to join the company of sane living people. He waited till everyone cleared the first floor to the second before he simply levitated upward to join them. He lands in the small cramped space with a soft thud and pulls back his concealing hood. Underneath there is a face that should be youthful but instead you see deep lines, pale skin, and gaunt features. Lining the left side of his face is a layer of extensive scarring as if it were burned or afflicted by some form of magic. He watches the small group with hollowed forest green eyes and an unconvincing smile over his lips.*
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Are you alright this far, can you make it up?

The mischievioius glint in her dark eyes at that simple question from Dhazmia to the barbarian showing a gradual change in attitude, was overtaken by the trial of the ladder. Whispering so softly it would be impossible for anyone to hear as she gazed at the small hole above her..

One step at a time, even if I can't see my silly feet anymore....and I WILL get through that hole!

...was followed by a sigh of relief as she turns sideways to slip through getting a little dust and dirt from the edge on the part of her blouse that extends the most with her belly. After Agrimur and the elf climb up, Cay tries ineffectively to assist him with his armor, glad he could do most himself then pauses staring at his scars and wounds before her gaze stops at one in particular on his right shoulder. A frown unbidden forms on her face while fingers with a feathery touch trace the veins near before his question interrupts her thoughts.

I won't lie to you, it doesn't look good and you should have come sooner.. but I think we can heal this IF you do exactly what I tell you.

Walking over to the chest she opens the drawyer part of the way then blushes as it's stopped at her belly before backing up slightly to pull it out the rest of the way, removing jars of pastes, bandages and two bags of tea. Turning just in time to see the Eldan Mage float up, a nervous giggle escapes her lips while giving him a nod with a tentative smile.

Thank you for your help...I think we met at the harbor?

Not waiting for an answer, Cay concentrates fully on the shoulder wound using a bandage with sterile water stored for wounds, she pats it lightly while making sure it is as clean as possible.
Agrimur Farenson

"I won't lie to you, it doesn't look good and you should have come sooner.. but I think we can heal this IF you do exactly what I tell you."

Her honesty was refreshing and gave him hope. "Sure, lass, wha'e'er ye think is righ'..." He shrugged, regretting that silly motion at once. To stop himself from crying out, he bit his lower lip.

Then the mage appeared out of thin air. Agrimur once more realized just how much he hated when they did that. Especially when he was not allowed to hit them instantly for their ignorance and arrogance. He forced himself to stay calmly seated, but as the mage appeared the sudden flash in his face had been pure panic, whilst the glow of his eyes now, after the shock, was plain anger and maybe even a little bit of hatred. He knew getting in an argument with that man now would be as stupid as disgrateful, after all they all owed the mage their lives and he would have overpowered a simple Norodaj hunter even if the hunter was completely sound and yet undetected. Nevertheless, Agrimur felt no gratitude towards that monster. All he felt was the growing urge to hit him, to hit something, real hard.

Instead, he just pulled a long band of leather of his bag and put it between his teeth just in case. After Cay had prepared her equipment, she started cleaning the wound. If Agrimur had thought the pain before was agony, this for sure was hell. He grunted his teeth so badly he thought he might destroy them in his fierce determination not to let out a single sound of pain, despite the piece of leather in between them. When she was finally done, he felt as if he was about to faint again, and he hated himself for that weakness, as he hated himself for the urge to break down and cry like a little child to soothe the excruciation. The leather in his mouth was bitten through, he had to take another piece before the pregnant druid continued her treatment. Already his jaws ached of the unfamiliar exertion. Before he gagged himself again, he told her: "I would so kill fer some sibanac an' beer righ' now..."
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

*Eli bows his head to Cay with a genuine smile that slightly softens the harsh features of his face.*

I remember that day well, I hope I left a positive impression about mages that day?

*As Cay turns back to the wounded man Eli's eyes naturally follow and immediately notice his aggressive gaze. Initially confusion contorts over his face before he lowers his gaze to floor. It wasn't the first time he'd met someone that in all likelihood despised mages, and on most days he couldn't fully blame them, especially having met some deplorable mages himself. Rationally, however, his brain couldn't understand this man's reasoning. How could someone look with such hate after you saved their life. No doubt his attire might lead someone to jump to conclusions about his personality, but he liked to keep most people at a distance and in this case that shouldn't trump his efforts. Nevertheless, Eli is not an aggressive person by nature and simple turns his attention to Elf as Cay continues her work.*

Are you alright Sir Elf?
Adam McKing

Post by Adam McKing »

Dhazmia nodded to the man. 'Dhazmia Drayke. Yes I am thanks. Thanks again for all that by the way, it was much appreciated.' He looked over at Agrimur for a minute remembering how he had threatened him earlier, bluffing. He continued speaking after a moment. 'I see you are a mage. I myself have put in an application for the Academy. Perhaps next time we meet it'll be under more scholarly circumstances.'

He made his way across the room toward Agrimur. He began speaking as his eyes fell on the man's wounds. 'I know you are not going to let a little scratch like thaaat keep you from doing whatever it is you do, are you?' Dhazmia, pointing at the man's newly-stitched wound began grinning. Was he joking with the man now? Even though he knew Agrimur hated Elves and mages, not to mention an Elven mage. Or. An aspiring one anyway. Yet in his mind he could find no reason for himself to hate this man. Aside from a few insults, he had really done nothing to him. Dhazmia could feel no hatred for any of them. In fact, he felt that his main goal was to help keep them all safe.

'As for the beer and sibanac I can not help you at the moment, but even I can enjoy good sibanac leaf.'

Dhazmia let his gaze travel back to Eli then. 'Should we begin barricading off the lower level? Should slow anything that wants to get through down. And if they do they still have to make it up here and through us.' He motioned down the stairs as he spoke. Then tilted his head. 'Or through you. That fire you-- yeah, earlier? That was great.'
Agrimur Farenson

The elf walked towards him through the room as Cay was just finishing off his stitches and Agrimur finally could open his mouth to let the leather band fall out, this one only almost bitten through in pain. A myriad of tiny stars was dancing in front of his eyes, blurring his sight of the elf, but his hearing was a clear as ever.
'I know you are not going to let a little scratch like thaaat keep you from doing whatever it is you do, are you?' Wha' in the name o' Tanora's backside was tha'?
Had that... that
elf just made a joke?!?

Agrimur gritted his teeth, and thankfully once more, he was not his impulsive twin sister. He remained seated, while Cay started bandaging over his shoulder, his green eyes had still the wild sparkle of freedom and will that was so special about him. "Ye're damn righ', *he stomached the word "elf" again, creating a small pause just long enough to breathe through*, it won'. Bu' no joy in 't fer ye, 'cause as I told ye, I'm no' inter boys, wounded or no'. I'll share me furs with sweet Átta ternigh', or maybe some tavern wench or the other, no' with ye. Although yer smooth skin an' yer handsome face coul' almos' pass fer a lass..." He laughed chuckling, sucking in his breath after only two or three laughs, and bowing over painfully. Ever pull of air seemed to hurt still, so he kept his silence as for now, to not rip open the stitches.
What was the look he caught from Cay when he got up? Amusement, anger, or just disbelief? He actually could not tell...

"That fire, earlier? That was great..." He had not paid attention to all the elf's words, after all, they loved hearing themselves talk as much as they loved hitting on trees, but that last words reminded him of the few seconds of terror only minutes ago, when he saw the mage's full wrath. Was it wise? No, it most certainly was not. Agrimur could not believe hearing his own voice marking sarcastically: "Aye, tha' was grea'. Next time make sure ter torch the whole town, no' jus' half o' 't." Realizing the mage's gaze on him, he gave the man an open look straight in the eyes, that despite all his hatred for their kind, despite all their difference, said the unspeakable for any Norodaj: Thank ye, fer savin' me life.
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

Keeping a close eye on her patient, not looking away for one minute yet answering Eli's question unable to hide the quick smile and a teasing lilt to her voice.

Well, for a little I wondered about mages after accidentally falling into that portal but to step out at the Monastery....

Suddenly stopping in mid-sentence at the grimace of pain from Agrimur, Cay bites her lip in sympathy and reaches quickly for a jar as she begins to pat an ointment on with a clean bandage speaking now in a calm voice.

This will deaden the skin for me to stitch your wound, but the pain is due to such a deep infection. There is a bottle of wine around here somewhere.

Using a corner of the bed to help her stand from the short stool, Cay walks toward the chest to remove a bottle of wine and a glass triumphantly bringing both to hand to him. Closing some of the opened jars, Cay pulls out needle and thread from her bag, then attempts to thread the needle absent mindedly brushing some strands of dark hair from her face yet her expression immediately becomes concerned and a blush is seen making her cheeks quite red.

That was not a good thing..

Her words now becoming slurred as eyes turn to the one jar she used last at the same time attempting to rub some ointment from her lips with the hem of her blouse. Undaunted however at the task at hand, Cay threads the needle and begins to stitch hoping she wouldn't have to talk for a few minutes until the numbing effects wore off. Maybe no one noticed? When the last stitch was placed, she makes a few smacking noises with her lips before sighing with relief while wrapping the bandage firmly then finally speaks in a clear voice to Eli and Dhazmia.

I am out of sibinac if you can find some?

Seeing her patient stable at least for the moment and Mas over, Cay packs her bag preparing to return home knowing her husband waited for her and anxious to see him.
Agrimur Farenson

He stayed in Bane for some more days, until the wounds had started to close. Then he returned to Nordmark. The travel cost him two days because he walked slowly, reassuring himself on a stick. His she-wolf was always at his side, happy that her pack leader was spending time with her.

Finally, Agrimur Farenson came into the Nordmark tavern, limping, but healthier than when he had set off for Bane. "Get me a beer, an' pu' in some sibanac juice, will ye be so good?" He asked of the innkeeper, handing him his own mug as he knew about his fellow marker's way of cleaning mugs - not at all.

"They don' have goo' beer down in Bane, jus' tha' weak dwarfen brew or wha' Borgate calls 'dwarfen brew' - an' Tanora 'elp 'em, don' use sibanac before treatin' a wound. An' ye know wha's the funneh side on tha', aye? They call us the barbarians." He laughed boomingly, emptying the mug on ex and then leaving for his fur bed, slipping away in painless dreams for two more days...